PDA

View Full Version : If Bill Kristol wants you as VP, there is something wrong with you.

Conza88
08-31-2008, 01:52 AM
The Bit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSy8sNiH9-0)

"Bill Kristol’s father, Irving Kristol, was the chief architect of the neo-conservative movement. His son, its current philosophical leader, predicted (with hope) — nearly two months ago — that McCain would pick Sarah Palin. Bill Kristol’s excitement about Sarah Palin should be a cause of concern for all libertarian-leaning voters."

Discuss. Comments. Abuse about another Palin thread etc. :)

Real_CaGeD
08-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Larry McDonald.

acroso
08-31-2008, 10:15 AM
He also advocated he pick Lieberman in the NYTimes. So he's been all over the map.

Romney one minute...then next whoever.

Rangeley
08-31-2008, 10:16 AM
I like how Brit Hume winks into the camera randomly.

RockEnds
08-31-2008, 10:17 AM
The Bit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSy8sNiH9-0)

"Bill Kristol’s father, Irving Kristol, was the chief architect of the neo-conservative movement. His son, its current philosophical leader, predicted (with hope) — nearly two months ago — that McCain would pick Sarah Palin. Bill Kristol’s excitement about Sarah Palin should be a cause of concern for all libertarian-leaning voters."

Discuss. Comments. Abuse about another Palin thread etc. :)

It may get better than that. Maybe. Harpers ran a story that her church has a tie to Hagee. They didn't offer any proof. No idea if there's anything to it or not.

http://harpers.org/archive/2008/08/hbc-90003486

During the 2008 campaign the beliefs of various candidates’ pastors has attracted a great deal of attention, especially the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, as well as John Hagee, who endorsed John McCain. So now seems a good time to examine the viewpoints of Sarah Palin’s two most recent pastors, as expressed in their sermons.

Since becoming governor in 2006, Palin has attended the Juneau Christian Center, where Mike Rose serves as senior pastor. Her previous pastor was David Pepper of the Church on the Rock in Palin’s hometown of Wasilla — a church that “was kind of a foundation for her.”

Of the two, Rose is certainly the more politically active, both locally and in the broader evangelical community (with ties to Hagee’s Christians United for Israel, for example). Pepper, it should be noted, is outspoken on the massacre of Native Americans, slavery and racism, all of which he terms “sins” that still cast a long shadow on minority communities.

(cont....)

Menthol Patch
08-31-2008, 10:26 AM
I will say it again, Sarah Palin is a neocon.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-31-2008, 10:27 AM
A lot of the anti-Palin people here, and the Obamabots, seem to be REALLY grasping for straws.

A lot of insanely weak stuff like a BS rumor about not really having her most recent baby and whatnot.

RockEnds
08-31-2008, 10:29 AM
A lot of the anti-Palin people here, and the Obamabots, seem to be REALLY grasping for straws.

A lot of insanely weak stuff like a BS rumor about not really having her most recent baby and whatnot.

The baby rumor is dumb and nothing more than a distraction.

DAFTEK
08-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I will say it again, Sarah Palin is a neocon.

Prove it or QFTI...:rolleyes:

Menthol Patch
08-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Everyone here should be anti Palin!

She has remained silent about the war on drugs that is imprisoning thousands of drug users that have violated no one elses rights each year.

She has remained silent on the IRS.

She has remained silent about the insane Patriot Act.

She has remained silent about the illegal banking cartel that is the FED.

She has remained silent about the War on Terror.

She has remained silent on the War in Iraq.

She has remained silent about the SCAM that is social security.

This woman is a neocon and we should all oppose her!

Menthol Patch
08-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Prove it or QFTI...:rolleyes:

She is a neocon.

I have already proven it.

You are just so brainwashed by her you would support her if she started a federal law banning chocolate.

Rangeley
08-31-2008, 10:32 AM

I agree. People spreading baseless rumors that she is covering for her daughter, or posting poorly photoshopped pictures as a way of defaming her character, aren't furthering anything and are just hurting their own credibility.

That said, there are plenty of arguments against voting McCain-Palin that aren't stupid - including the one put forward by Ron Paul. While he is hopeful she will have an impact on McCain, he doesn't think we should count on it, and doesn't think voting for what you think to be is the lesser of two evils is the way to go. A vote for McCain-Palin is still a vote for McCain.

Menthol Patch
08-31-2008, 10:34 AM
She can have zero impact on McCain when she has remained silent for years about the war on drugs, the war on iraq, the war on terror, the patriot act, the FED, the IRS, the scam that is social security, etc.

She has been a neocon and is a neocon. The only difference is that she has now been bought and paid for by McCain. She is now his puppet.

pacelli
08-31-2008, 10:36 AM
She has remained silent about the war on drugs that is imprisoning thousands of drug users that have violated no one elses rights each year.

She has remained silent on the IRS.

She has remained silent about the insane Patriot Act.

She has remained silent about the illegal banking cartel that is the FED.

She has remained silent about the War on Terror.

She has remained silent on the War in Iraq.

She has remained silent about the SCAM that is social security.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can vote for Palin/McCain when they have no idea about her positions on these issues.

Menthol Patch
08-31-2008, 10:43 AM
The fact is that her positions don't matter. If she is willing to run with McCain it is obvious she is a monster.

tonesforjonesbones
08-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Menthol...why are you so dramatic? tones

georgiaboy
08-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Menthol...why are you so dramatic? tones

probably like me, who is less so, menthol came onto the RPF after the palin announcement expecting us to all yawn & continue on our merry no-McCain, no-Obama way, when all of a sudden,

BLAM!

Posters show up celebrating this as a victory for liberty and the RP movement, and now planning to vote for McCain, and calling the rest of us Obama trolls!! Oh the irony.

I for one feel like I'm on Hannity's forums. I've been trying desperately to steer things back on track, and I'm sure menthol feels the same way.

either that, or his patch needs refreshing.

georgiaboy
08-31-2008, 11:44 AM
The fact is that her positions don't matter. If she is willing to run with McCain it is obvious she is a monster.

I'd quibble on the severity of the term 'monster' (but don't want to start a flame war;)), but yeah, anyone who chose to run with McCain starts off as extremely suspect, and the fact that she's not outspoken on major matters dear to the RP movement doesn't help.

Unimpressed, to say the least.

georgiaboy
08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
As to the title of this thread, +1. A rousing endorsement by Kristol certainly is cause for pause.

Lovecraftian4Paul
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Eric Dondero loves this woman too, and calls her "very pro-defense." Coming from a strong interventionist "libertarian" like Dondero, that isn't encouraging at all.

Monolithic
08-31-2008, 12:43 PM
the wacky zany christian neoconservative right loves her

plenty of reason for me not to like her

Rangeley
08-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Menthol has gone completely overboard, though, even going so far as to say that Ron Paul doesn't deserve supporting anymore since he said he liked Sarah Palin. There's a fine line between convincing people that McCain-Palin is a bad choice, and pushing them towards voting for them by making your viewpoint look utterly insane.

Actually, it's not really that fine, but you get the idea.

kombayn
08-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Menthol has gone completely overboard, though, even going so far as to say that Ron Paul doesn't deserve supporting anymore since he said he liked Sarah Palin. There's a fine line between convincing people that McCain-Palin is a bad choice, and pushing them towards voting for them by making your viewpoint look utterly insane.

Actually, it's not really that fine, but you get the idea.

That's an Anarcho-Fascist (Hey, I made up a new term!) for you. He promotes Anarchy but would shoot you in the head with the first statement he made that you disagreed with. Hell, he back-tracked his rhetoric from earlier posts when he was calling Sarah Palin a fascist and I called him out on it for being a complete hypocrite. Almost all his posts are like Mussolini reincarnated.

SeanEdwards
08-31-2008, 02:06 PM
This is simply more evidence of Bill Krystol's undead nature. He has occult powers of precognition.

DAFTEK
08-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Menthol Patch needs to rename his ID to Mental Patch... Crazy loon!!!!!!!