PDA

View Full Version : Video of straw poll doors where people got turned away

njandrewg
09-02-2007, 12:11 AM
http://ronpauldaily.blogspot.com/2007/09/video-of-denied-entry.html

description

The vote was supposed to be until 1 or 2 pm, but GOP security prevented registered Delegates from entering the building who were wearing Ron Paul signs at 10am.

I was standing over by the Granny warriors when 2 delegates approached me and asked me to help them get into the convention center.
They had showed up at the door a little before 10am wearing Ron Paul shirts. The security guard told them to change into proper attire. They left and changed then came back and it was now 10:10/10:20 and the security told them the registration was closed.
Apparently everyone who showed up from out of town or with an online registration recpt. was denied access unless they got there before 10am and in proper attire.

Delegates who showed up, got their credentials and then changed were allowed to enter.

In the video the woman in red asks a Ron Paul organizer for her pass. He tells her the woman with the box has it. She runs to the woman with the box of passes, and askes if she has the passes, and the woman tells her no. So what was in that box, and why was she in such a hurry to get the box out of the convention center? It was in my opinon a lie and the passes were in the box.

The security guard is asked by me on camera who he works for, and he evades the question. If he works for the GOP then why not say "yes GOP" he says "the party" Who's party? Another candidate? Who told this security guard to deny access to Ron Paul delegates?
We counted about 12 or so people walking up to the door and being turned away every 10 min or so. This went on from 10am till 1:30 when I left. This does not count the delegates who showed up in Ron Paul shirts and could not or decided not to change and simply went home frustrated and out the $50 or $75 fee the GOP charges.
If they paid for credentials and were denied them, should they file a dispute on their credit card? Would hundreds of disputes on the GOP merchant account make national headlines, and force the merchant account provider to suspend or even file criminal charges against the account holder?

MicroBalrog
09-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Post this on Townhall and FreePerland.

njandrewg
09-02-2007, 12:26 AM
found a digg thats already at 70, lets get it front paged
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_delegates_Experience_Tyranny_at_the_Texas _Straw_Poll

expatriot
09-02-2007, 12:41 AM
This video could be integrated into a censorship video,

to display graphic footage of what lengths the powers that be

will go to prevent the people from expressing their freedoms.

Hope someone with video skill could do this well,

I am not very skilled in making videos

but I pass this on in hopes that someone else can.

Cry Havoc,
and let slip the Blogs of Ron Paul

Hook
09-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Sounds like we need to use a bit more stealth. Like not wearing RP teeshirts to straw polls.
Maybe wear Romney shirts over your RP shirts and then take them off once inside :)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-02-2007, 01:55 AM
Sounds like we need to talk to lawyers.

LizF
09-02-2007, 02:04 AM
"This went on from 10am till 1:30 when I left. This does not count the delegates who showed up in Ron Paul shirts and could not or decided not to change and simply went home frustrated and out the $50 or $75 fee the GOP charges.
If they paid for credentials and were denied them, should they file a dispute on their credit card? Would hundreds of disputes on the GOP merchant account make national headlines, and force the merchant account provider to suspend or even file criminal charges against the account holder?"

I think the blogger has a good idea: hit the GOP where it hurts--in the pocketbook! Canceling/disputing those credit charges for something they never received may be the way to go.

Give me liberty
09-02-2007, 02:07 AM
found a digg thats already at 70, lets get it front paged
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_delegates_Experience_Tyranny_at_the_Texas _Straw_Poll

Why are there so many neo cons on digg? :mad:

the comments on the story on digg sound more like bush supporters.
well at least a few.

Lord Xar
09-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Why are there so many neo cons on digg? :mad:

the comments on the story on digg sound more like bush supporters.
well at least a few.

There is a concerted effort to silence and put the damper on ron paul. its getting more and more and more obvious.

Thomas Jefferson
09-02-2007, 02:57 AM
Sounds like we need to use a bit more stealth. Like not wearing RP teeshirts to straw polls.
Maybe wear Romney shirts over your RP shirts and then take them off once inside :)

Good idea, stealth is the way to go.

Brasil Branco
09-02-2007, 03:17 AM
So, how many people were turned away? Do we know of any numbers, is there anyway to get a figure? I mean, those people are entitled to a refund- there's gotta be some way to get an exact number.

In any case, this is horrible. To turn away people who paid $50, to turn away people who were misinformed by the straw poll's own website, and do so in such a rude fashion... this is despicable.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Let's get all of our facts together on this.

Harry96
09-02-2007, 07:34 AM
I'm confused.

Did anything in the information given to delegates prior to yesterday indicate that they were barred from wearing anything promoting any candidate?

Is there evidence of any delegates wearing anything promoting any other candidate being turned away for improper attire?

ScotTX
09-02-2007, 08:41 AM
If a busload of Fred Heads got turned away, would anybody be making a fuss? They were just enforcing the rules people, get over it. There was no censorship here and no conspiracy. You know we'd all be bitching up a storm if they bent the rules for another candidate.

njandrewg
09-02-2007, 10:28 AM
If a busload of Fred Heads got turned away, would anybody be making a fuss? They were just enforcing the rules people, get over it. There was no censorship here and no conspiracy. You know we'd all be bitching up a storm if they bent the rules for another candidate.

no..but it seems pretty fishy that EVERY SINGLE BIG STRAW POLL has something suspicious happen

Iowa-machine malfunctioned
Illionois-poll end time was changed 4 times, and Thompson a few extra votes
Texas-people in Ron Paul tshirts were't allowed in, and a bus that arrived a few minutes late wasn't alllowed in

quickmike
09-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I dont see what the problem is here. From what I gather from the info ive seen, is that the RP people showed up AFTER the deadline for registering. If I was voting I dont think it would be a good idea to show up to something like this at the last minute. Seems like their own fault to me. They should have been there at least 2 hrs early just in case.

Sounds like they screwed up and are crying about having to follow the rules. People are saying they let others in and kept our people out, but it seems to me those other people showed up early and were registered already, but they dont mention that. They make it seem like the other people showed up late too and got in without being registered. I dont see any evidence of that.

Looks to me like the RP people just didnt have their shit together. Am I missing something here?

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 10:40 AM
yet again....

This was not a "registration start time" issue. There was documentation with each registration/application packet that stated that any delegate that registered after 10am would not be allowed to vote. It wasn't real prominent, but it was there.

I was told by someone that had been in the registration area when the controversy occurred, that the delegates were eventually allowed in, but still were not allowed to vote. Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

lynn

quickmike
09-02-2007, 10:53 AM
I dont know, just looked like a bunch of crybabies in that video to me. They showed up late and whined because they wouldnt break the rules for them.

Thats pretty weak if you ask me.

This straw poll didnt mean anything to me anyway, but if it meant so much to them, why didnt they get there early?

pffffft............ children. Id hate to have a prospective Ron Paul supporter who is new to him see this childish display. WTF?? LOL

BillyDkid
09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
What I saw in the one video was people being allowed in while other wearing Ron Paul paraphenalia were being turned away. Is this incorrect? I don't have a problem if the rules (however lamely lalid out) were applied equally to everyone. Is that or is that not the case?

cujothekitten
09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I dont see what the problem is here. From what I gather from the info ive seen, is that the RP people showed up AFTER the deadline for registering. If I was voting I dont think it would be a good idea to show up to something like this at the last minute. Seems like their own fault to me. They should have been there at least 2 hrs early just in case.

Sounds like they screwed up and are crying about having to follow the rules. People are saying they let others in and kept our people out, but it seems to me those other people showed up early and were registered already, but they dont mention that. They make it seem like the other people showed up late too and got in without being registered. I dont see any evidence of that.

Looks to me like the RP people just didnt have their shit together. Am I missing something here?

Yeah you're missing something. They did show up early and they were already registered. When they got there (early) they were wearing Ron Paul shirts. The people handing out the credentials (something all of them had already paid 50-75$ for) told them to change their cloths. They did but by the time they got back to the door the people handing out the credentials were packing up their car and leaving.

The information on the paperwork didn't say anything about a dress code or that the cut off time would be 10:00, just that the vote starts at 10:00.

Personally I'd be fuming if I paid that much money and drove a couple hours just to be turned away at the door because I was wearing a Ron Paul shirt... this is bullshit of the highest degree.

quickmike
09-02-2007, 11:07 AM
What I saw in the one video was people being allowed in while other wearing Ron Paul paraphenalia were being turned away. Is this incorrect? I don't have a problem if the rules (however lamely lalid out) were applied equally to everyone. Is that or is that not the case?

The people they let in already had their badges because they registered on time, so of course they were let in. The RP supporters showed up late and whined because they were late and the rules werent being broken just for them.

Its pretty simple.

cujothekitten
09-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I dont know, just looked like a bunch of crybabies in that video to me.

Yeah, that's it, they're crybabies. And you wouldn’t be pissed if you paid 50 bucks plus drove for hours only to be turned away at the door over some trivial thing like a t-shirt?

Please. The people giving out the credentials knew they'd be leaving at 10:00; they could've given the credentials then told them to change their shirt.

cujothekitten
09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
The people they let in already had their badges because they registered on time, so of course they were let in. The RP supporters showed up late and whined because they were late and the rules werent being broken just for them.

Its pretty simple.

And they were there on time as well... or are you forgetting that fact?

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Wow first I've hard of the 'change your clothes' bit. If you knew there was a deadline AND actually went and changed your clothes, again, your problem, not theres.

quickmike
09-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah you're missing something. They did show up early and they were already registered. When they got there (early) they were wearing Ron Paul shirts. The people handing out the credentials (something all of them had already paid 50-75$ for) told them to change their cloths. They did but by the time they got back to the door the people handing out the credentials were packing up their car and leaving.

The information on the paperwork didn't say anything about a dress code or that the cut off time would be 10:00, just that the vote starts at 10:00.

Personally I'd be fuming if I paid that much money and drove a couple hours just to be turned away at the door because I was wearing a Ron Paul shirt... this is bullshit of the highest degree.

I dont know, the whole thing seems like a mess. This is why I would never attend something like this in the first place, but if I did, I would at least try and wear a shirt and tie to make myself look a little bit like I wasnt completely biased towards voting for Ron Paul. Everyone else was dressed up fairly decent, and im sure many RP supporters were as well and I bet they got in. Still sounds like these people complaining at the door didnt put too much thought into what they were doing.

Thats just me though.

cujothekitten
09-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Wow first I've hard of the 'change your clothes' bit. If you knew there was a deadline AND actually went and changed your clothes, again, your problem, not theres.

Yes it is theirs since they didn't say we're closing at 10:00. The paperwork they had didn't have anything suggesting there was a dress code or that the doors would be closing at 10, it just that the voting started at 10.

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I dont know, the whole thing seems like a mess. This is why I would never attend something like this in the first place, but if I did, I would at least try and wear a shirt and tie to make myself look a little bit like I wasnt completely biased towards voting for Ron Paul. Everyone else was dressed up fairly decent, and im sure many RP supporters were as well and I bet they got in. Still sounds like these people complaining at the door didnt put too much thought into what they were doing.

Thats just me though.

Yeah --- and I don't think people need to be launching themselves into orbit about this.

Had it been a regular poll where any Texas Republican could vote, it would have been RP in a landslide---we all know it.

So the rules were tough, and the odds were sent against them. Who is hurting more today? The Ron Paul campaign which, on Friday when the Meetup Competition ended and they had their $102,000/little cost fundraiser at a supporter's home, or the Texas GOP leadership which when combining the $65,000 in tickets + the few sponsors less the costs to their party probably made a slight profit?

I venture a bet on the last day the Meetup competition raised $100,000 or more. The campaign is GRINNING after this weekend, while the Texas GOP leadership is going, "WTF!?"

Consider this, a lot of people there after they voted and saw all the Ron Paul support are probably going to check out why people are so fanatical about him back home. A lot of us were Bushies before we really learned about Ron Paul. I'd hazard a guess a lot of people will quietly convert to Ron Paul after seeing the outpouring of support and learning the truth in his message.

quickmike
09-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah, that's it, they're crybabies. And you wouldn’t be pissed if you paid 50 bucks plus drove for hours only to be turned away at the door over some trivial thing like a t-shirt?

Please. The people giving out the credentials knew they'd be leaving at 10:00; they could've given the credentials then told them to change their shirt.

Dont get me wrong, I see what youre saying, but if youre gonna play in a rigged game, you better damn well have your shit together. These neo-cons just eat up stuff like this. Yeah, go and whine and complain on video because you cant contain your anger about paying 50 bucks and not be allowed to vote. Sure Id be upset, but what good would arguing with these people do? You think theyre gonna say "you know what? Youre right, this is bullshit. Im gonna let you in, im sorry."?

Gotta think ahead and be prepared. Maybe next time they will dress up a little and not leave any doors open for them to make excuses to exclude them.

This should be a learning lesson for those who want to participate in meaningless closed vote/delegate only straw polls.

losing 50 bucks sucks, I agree, but its not gonna help any to let your emotions get the best of you. It just makes them look like whiners to everyone, even if the reason they are complaining is justified.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah --- and I don't think people need to be launching themselves into orbit about this.

Had it been a regular poll where any Texas Republican could vote, it would have been RP in a landslide---we all know it.

So the rules were tough, and the odds were sent against them. Who is hurting more today? The Ron Paul campaign which, on Friday when the Meetup Competition ended and they had their $102,000/little cost fundraiser at a supporter's home, or the Texas GOP leadership which when combining the $65,000 in tickets + the few sponsors less the costs to their party probably made a slight profit?

I venture a bet on the last day the Meetup competition raised $100,000 or more. The campaign is GRINNING after this weekend, while the Texas GOP leadership is going, "WTF!?"

Consider this, a lot of people there after they voted and saw all the Ron Paul support are probably going to check out why people are so fanatical about him back home. A lot of us were Bushies before we really learned about Ron Paul. I'd hazard a guess a lot of people will quietly convert to Ron Paul after seeing the outpouring of support and learning the truth in his message.

bingo

slantedview
09-02-2007, 11:27 AM
wow, so this really is legit. other people walking right in....

quickmike
09-02-2007, 11:27 AM

Right on Cowlesy,

The fund raising thing was important. Far more important than this BS poll. That should be the message.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
wow, so this really is legit. other people walking right in....

my god they were already registered....

Brasil Branco
09-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Dont get me wrong, I see what youre saying, but if youre gonna play in a rigged game, you better damn well have your shit together. These neo-cons just eat up stuff like this. Yeah, go and whine and complain on video because you cant contain your anger about paying 50 bucks and not be allowed to vote. Sure Id be upset, but what good would arguing with these people do? You think theyre gonna say "you know what? Youre right, this is bullshit. Im gonna let you in, im sorry."?

Gotta think ahead and be prepared. Maybe next time they will dress up a little and not leave any doors open for them to make excuses to exclude them.

This should be a learning lesson for those who want to participate in meaningless closed vote/delegate only straw polls.

losing 50 bucks sucks, I agree, but its not gonna help any to let your emotions get the best of you. It just makes them look like whiners to everyone, even if the reason they are complaining is justified.

Dude, these were delegates who were ringed and asked to spend their Saturday to vote for Ron Paul, they were misinformed, they were told to change, and they had the door slammed in their face. This was a worthless straw poll, there was no friggin reason for such strict enforcement. These people came out to help us- they are not run of the mill Ron Paul supporters.

If you think they're "whining", if you think that they should have been prepared, than honestly- WTF! The online registration said 10 a.m., there was no mention of a dress code. They have every single reason to complain, and I would too.

These were just a bunch of thugs who hate Ron Paul. You just need to see the way the people present such as Hunter and Michael Steele talked about him after the Fox debates to realise this- hell, you just need to look at the fact Duncan Hunter, of all people, won.

You just don't sit back and take shit like this. You don't turn the other cheek.

quickmike
09-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Dude, these were delegates who were ringed and asked to spend their Saturday to vote for Ron Paul, they were misinformed, they were told to change, and they had the door slammed in their face. This was a worthless straw poll, there was no friggin reason for such strict enforcement. These people came out to help us- they are not run of the mill Ron Paul supporters.

If you think they're "whining", if you think that they should have been prepared, than honestly- WTF! The online registration said 10 a.m., there was no mention of a dress code. They have every single reason to complain, and I would too.

These were just a bunch of thugs who hate Ron Paul. You just need to see the way the people present such as Hunter and Michael Steele talked about him after the Fox debates to realise this- hell, you just need to look at the fact Duncan Hunter, of all people, won.

You just don't sit back and take shit like this. You don't turn the other cheek.

Yeah and its people like yourself that are giving ammo to people like Steele and the rest of those douchebags that are just waiting for an opportunity to pounce on the chance to make RP supporters look like a bunch of whiners. The RP fundraiser raised double what the whole GOP poll raised. Id say thats a win, and good reason to be glad. Why ruin the victory by giving Steele and his minions ammo?

Pssshhhh.............. forget about it.

Read Cowlesy's post if you want to get an idea on whats important here.

slantedview
09-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Here's the way I look at it:

Do we have bigger fish to fry? Yes, BUT, if any one of us were there and were turned away for arriving when we were told, I'm sure we'd be livid. And if we were livid, why is it such a stretch to think other Ron Paul supporters shouldn't be upset as well?

quickmike
09-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Here's the way I look at it:

Do we have bigger fish to fry? Yes, BUT, if any one of us were there and were turned away for arriving when we were told, I'm sure we'd be livid. And if we were livid, why is it such a stretch to think other Ron Paul supporters shouldn't be upset as well?

If it was me, you know what I would say?

I would say to myself "oops, they got me, sneaky bastards. I guess Ill just chalk this up as a learning lesson" Then just look at them with my best shit eating grin, point a finger at them and walk away and not complain. I would have the common sense to realize its a rigged game where they make up the rules as they go along. I would be happy in the knowledge that we are winning where it counts........... in fund raising and getting the message out to REAL PEOPLE. Not some private club who just wants to preserve the little power they have left.

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Let's see if we can herd the cats in a different direction.

I think the Chicago Meetup group should do a skit for Youtube that is a parody of SNL's "Bill Swerski's Superfan" ---- except that instead of Ditka, they use Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-C3Bx4Cc8g

quickmike
09-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Let's see if we can herd the cats in a different direction.

I think the Chicago Meetup group should do a skit for Youtube that is a parody of SNL's "Bill Swerski's Superfan" ---- except that instead of Ditka, they use Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-C3Bx4Cc8g

Ron Paul VS The New England Patriots?

Ron Paul 82 - New England 5

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Ron Paul VS The New England Patriots?

Ron Paul 82 - New England 5

This is the year for the Cleveland Browns, no doubt in my mind. Though there hasn't been a doubt that "this is the year" since I was 5 years old.

quickmike
09-02-2007, 12:04 PM
This is the year for the Cleveland Browns, no doubt in my mind. Though there hasn't been a doubt that "this is the year" since I was 5 years old.

HAHAHA ........... I hear ya........ Im a Green Bay fan, so I know what youre saying.

Honestly though, New England could be very dangerous this year with Moss/Brady depending on their chemistry. Unless of course its them against Ron Paul in the superbowl. Then we all know who will win that one.

cujothekitten
09-02-2007, 02:03 PM

I'm not saying it was a rigged game I'm saying it's bullshit that these people drove for hours and paid a substantial amount of money just to be turned away at the door. On top of that the people giving credentials could've just given them their badges and then told them to change.

These people got ripped off... simple as that.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 02:20 PM
They were allowed in, they weren't allowed to vote.

jblosser
09-02-2007, 02:23 PM
The full story is not clear on this, even for those of us that were here. I was up at the speech room helping us get signs in when this started, but headed down there once I was radioed about it. I told Mark Elam from PCC as well and some GOP and media contacts. Later I told Kent Snyder and Karl Golovin and they went to talk to the GOP as well. By the time we all got there it had been going on a while and there were already differing reports of what was going on.

What we know/don't know:

- There was no bus full of people, it was probably less than a dozen delegates (we don't know for sure, because some left before we got down there; there were 5 when we got there, plus their guests).

- The GOP claimed that they couldn't let them in because the registration desk was torn down promptly at 10 so the workers could go help out upstairs. The claim was all the paperwork to register people had already been transported back offsite.

- Some of the delegates complained they got there only a minute late, which makes the above sound doubtful at best. Video that might show the passes being carried away even while this was starting doesn't help that story.

- One of the delegates they wouldn't let in was reportedly the mayor of Richardson. I don't know if he was a Paul supporter. He was on his phone the whole time complaining to party officials about what was going on.

I didn't hear about the tshirt thing until this thread, but I'm skeptical, sorry. There was no "proper attire" standard inside, plenty of people were in tshirts, and it was completely obvious. No one outside by the time we got there said anything about attire, it was all about the 10:00 deadline and whether that was published with the online registration or not. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I'd want some names to establish credibility before accepting it did.

Regardless, we tried to get these people in but in the end they were only allowed to come in and not vote. I am suspicious about the claims the paperwork was offsite by 10:00:01 but I don't have real reason to believe that was a BS excuse to stop Paul supporters specifically vs. a BS excuse to not let anyone at all in after 10:00:00. I can say for sure it wasn't enough votes to change the result, and the media coverage will probably affect more than their votes would have, especially since as the story spread it didn't exactly stay accurate.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Thank you.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-02-2007, 02:29 PM
I dont know, just looked like a bunch of crybabies in that video to me. They showed up late and whined because they wouldnt break the rules for them.

Thats pretty weak if you ask me.

This straw poll didnt mean anything to me anyway, but if it meant so much to them, why didnt they get there early?

pffffft............ children. Id hate to have a prospective Ron Paul supporter who is new to him see this childish display. WTF?? LOL

um?? Like the extra info on the story says, supporters with ron paul shirts were told it was not proper attire, they were told to go change, and when they got back, they were told it is past the time. Does that not sound a little bullshit to you? I would be acting like a crybaby (as you so elegantly put it) too.

also

if it was me, you know what I would say?

I would say to myself "oops, they got me, sneaky bastards. I guess Ill just chalk this up as a learning lesson" Then just look at them with my best shit eating grin, point a finger at them and walk away and not complain.

Bullshit has happened for each straw poll that has happened so far. Are you going to chalk it up for the next straw poll too? How about the next one? How about the one after that? What about the one right before the primaries? What about at the primaries? Are you going to chalk it up when Ron Paul has to run Libertarian? (knock on wood). This is an occurring pattern folks. I'm not saying to harp on it too much, but just to dismiss all that is happening, is to dismiss reality.

jblosser
09-02-2007, 02:32 PM
supporters with ron paul shirts were told it was not proper attire, they were told to go change, and when they got back, they were told it is past the time.

I want names and phone numbers of these people so I can find out if this really happened. There was no attire standard being enforced inside and if this did happen it is a smoking gun. But we need some evidence or at least the people who say it happened to them to talk to about it.

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 02:32 PM
OT: Anyone ever watched the movie Anchorman with Will Ferrell?

Remember the part where Brick Tambland yells, "LOUD NOISES".

That's what I feel now when I read this thread. :)

quickmike
09-02-2007, 02:37 PM
um did you not see the people that were allowed to slide in? Like the extra info on the story says, supporters with ron paul shirts were told it was not proper attire, they were told to go change, and when they got back, they were told it is past the time. Does that not sound a little bullshit to you? I would be acting like a crybaby (as you so elegantly put it) too.

Yeah, and what good would it do you? All it would accomplish is give Steele and his cronies more ammo to use. Sure its bullshit, but what is whining about it going to do to get anything positive done.

Theres an old saying I heard once that is full of wisdom some of you need to learn - "If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying or complaining about it. If it can't be solved, worrying and complaining will do no good"

Think about it real hard. If it doesnt sink in, think about it again.

AcidReign
09-02-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De1shHUwO_E&mode=related&search=

quickmike
09-02-2007, 02:39 PM
OT: Anyone ever watched the movie Anchorman with Will Ferrell?

Remember the part where Brick Tambland yells, "LOUD NOISES".

That's what I feel now when I read this thread. :)

"Gonna find my baby gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight"

Cowlesy
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De1shHUwO_E&mode=related&search=

LOVE IT. (I saw Spamalot a month ago, amazing)

blazin_it_alwyz
09-02-2007, 02:58 PM
- "If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying or complaining about it. If it can't be solved, worrying and complaining will do no good"

That is a subjective quote, and can either be used in the productive sense, or can be used as a cop out for a problem that actually can be solved. Like I said, I'm not like the people who are like

"OMG i'm just going to kill someone, or I'm going to call up Hanity and bitch about it, and say I'm a Ron Paul supporter!"

That's not what I'm suggesting. But to just literally dismiss something like this is not really smart. I'm not really the one to do things that are not productive. We need to overachieve, so to speak, and go that extra mile to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen!

And yeah, that means Ron Paul supporters SHOULD get there 2-3 hours ahead of time, as many as possible should try to get a hold of video cameras so stuff like this does not go undocumented, and maybe we should start to go stealth mode (that is up in the air).

But we definitely need to do something about this, and I mean PRODUCTIVE. That quote can be used more to counteract what we are trying to achieve. Whenever something goes wrong, "Well, another problem that can't be solved, let's not worry about it, and move on. Well, we didn't get presidency this year, but we'll get em in another 4 years! Best not worry about that now! :rolleyes:

If you think about the quote that way, it actually becomes rather useless. It can be applied to anything, therefore subjective, therefore not really applicable in the first place.

wgadget
09-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Mike, let's say you were going to take your family to the state fair, for example. You didn't know what time it started, so you looked in your local newspaper, turned to the entertainment section, and found an ad for the fair that said it's at 10:00am.

How surprised would you be if you got your family to the fair at 10:01am and they had closed the doors?

And that's not even mentioning the fact that these delegates had PRE-PAID.

quickmike
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Mike, let's say you were going to take your family to the state fair, for example. You didn't know what time it started, so you looked in your local newspaper, turned to the entertainment section, and found an ad for the fair that said it's at 10:00am.

How surprised would you be if you got your family to the fair at 10:01am and they had closed the doors?

And that's not even mentioning the fact that these delegates had PRE-PAID.

Well, first thing I would do is get my money back if I paid in advance. Second thing, I wouldnt trust my local newspaper on something like this ever again. I wouldnt bitch though, because that does absolutely nothing.

Im not saying dont do anything. Im saying whining in a forum isnt going to make it go away. If you have some productive ideas on how to correct this, fine, thats different. But to come here typing "im pissed, we got screwed blah blah blah" and leave it at that gets nothing done. If you feel something should be done, take them to small claims court to get your 50 bucks back. you dont think whining makes us look like a bunch of pussies? Thats your right I guess.

quickmike
09-02-2007, 03:12 PM
That is a subjective quote, and can either be used in the productive sense, or can be used as a cop out for a problem that actually can be solved. Like I said, I'm not like the people who are like

"OMG i'm just going to kill someone, or I'm going to call up Hanity and bitch about it, and say I'm a Ron Paul supporter!"

That's not what I'm suggesting. But to just literally dismiss something like this is not really smart. I'm not really the one to do things that are not productive. We need to overachieve, so to speak, and go that extra mile to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen!

And yeah, that means Ron Paul supporters SHOULD get there 2-3 hours ahead of time, as many as possible should try to get a hold of video cameras so stuff like this does not go undocumented, and maybe we should start to go stealth mode (that is up in the air).

But we definitely need to do something about this, and I mean PRODUCTIVE. That quote can be used more to counteract what we are trying to achieve. Whenever something goes wrong, "Well, another problem that can't be solved, let's not worry about it, and move on. Well, we didn't get presidency this year, but we'll get em in another 4 years! Best not worry about that now! :rolleyes:

If you think about the quote that way, it actually becomes rather useless. It can be applied to anything, therefore subjective, therefore not really applicable in the first place.

Thats because youre thinking of the quote in the wrong way. What it means is, if something can be done about it.............. do it. Dont just bitch about it. Take action. bitching gets noone anywhere. All it does is makes them look like bitches who like to complain about something thats been done wrong to them, yet they do nothing about it. To me that just looks weak.

Just like the 911 truthers........... they bitch and bitch, bring up evidence, yet they dont do anything about it. Just a bunch of noise making with no results.

Reminds me of the South Park episode where the future people come from the future to the present and take everyones jobs and the people just go "RABLE RABLE RABLE RABLE"