PDA

View Full Version : GOP Cancels Convention "Party" "Admin Note: Not Confirmed as cancelled."

UtahApocalypse
08-30-2008, 02:40 PM
CNN now reporting that the GOP will cancel ALL convention activities and will instead be holding a massive telethon/fundrasing event to help with the Hurricane devastation. It is not sure at this time (As the GOP is working details) If the nomination, or other convention business will take place.

Indy Vidual
08-30-2008, 02:42 PM
You mean they won't be on stage talking about 9-11? :confused:

evilfunnystuff
08-30-2008, 02:48 PM
i cant find it

got a link?

UtahApocalypse
08-30-2008, 02:49 PM
i cant find it

got a link?

Nope, was on live TV. I am sure as the story develops they will post and report more.

evilfunnystuff
08-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Nope, was on live TV. I am sure as the story develops they will post and report more.

kool thanx for the heads up

0zzy
08-30-2008, 02:52 PM
i cant find it anywhere

UtahApocalypse
08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
i cant find it anywhere

The reporter said she had just got off the phone with someone. I'm thinking she let the cat out of the bag early.

Pete
08-30-2008, 02:58 PM
What hurricane? Oh, the one 1,500 or so miles away.

Sounds to me like the cockroaches are frightened!

Cali4RonPaul
08-30-2008, 02:59 PM
This is clearly a NeoCon deception, Its a trap dont fall for it.

Rangeley
08-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Theres some confirmation on this:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08302008/news/nationalnews/gops_rnc_cane_plan_126772.htm

Pittsburgh, Pa. - John McCain and the GOP are considering scrapping political speeches and turning their St. Paul/Minneapolis convention into a "service" program to help victims of Storm Gustav, The Post has learned.
Looks like its only under consideration now.

Jamsie 567
08-30-2008, 03:01 PM
If this is true we need to invite these people to the target center we still got space left.

The title can read...

Ron Paul invites Republicans to a more Consitutional convention.

UtahApocalypse
08-30-2008, 03:06 PM
If this is true we need to invite these people to the target center we still got space left.

The title can read...

With thousands of people affected by this storm??? NO way that would look very very very bad. Watching this storm its going to be worse then Katrina. I would be surprised if R4R is not canceled also. Those that want to say "well it's not in MN" just remember the Media is already all over this, and it would look very bad to throw a huge celebration party while Americans are possibly dying, or losing their homes.

Jamsie 567
08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
With thousands of people affected by this storm??? NO way that would look very very very bad. Watching this storm its going to be worse then Katrina. I would be surprised if R4R is not canceled also. Those that want to say "well it's not in MN" just remember the Media is already all over this, and it would look very bad to throw a huge celebration party while Americans are possibly dying, or losing their homes.

+1 point taken.

0zzy
08-30-2008, 03:09 PM

But it's okay to party when the rest of the world is burning to the ground.

JoshLowry
08-30-2008, 03:28 PM
The original delegates have got to be pissed about this, I'm sure many are losing time and money for this.

Hopefully that will leave some room for some alternates if they reschedule it?

pacelli
08-30-2008, 03:36 PM

Frightened of being accused of celebrating while people's homes are being destroyed. I wonder if these criticisms will be hurled at the R4R.

AJ Antimony
08-30-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that CNN report was presented as speculation and wasn't being reported as fact. If it's true, the convention itself I don't think will be outright cancelled. They need a convention in order to actually nominate McCain and Palin and to complete any other business.

If the convention ends up getting postponed, maybe the delegates would be pissed enough ($5000 down the drain) to come on over to the Target Center and quorum on their own...

RockEnds
08-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Frightened of being accused of celebrating while people's homes are being destroyed. I wonder if these criticisms will be hurled at the R4R.

The Post article is already hinting toward that:

"It wouldn't be appropriate to have a festive occasion while a near tragedy or a terrible challenge is presented in the form of a natural disaster," McCain told Fox News in a pretaped interview airing today.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08302008/news/nationalnews/gops_rnc_cane_plan_126772.htm

pacelli
08-30-2008, 03:42 PM
The Post article is already hinting toward that:

Oh man. I can only imagine the venom the press will spew at Ron Paul if his own district gets hit during the rally.

FindLiberty
08-30-2008, 03:44 PM
..if only that storm would just fizzle out, think of all the lives and damage that could be avoided!

ChickenHawk
08-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I can understand them not wanting to hold a big party while New Orleans drowns, but if they over do this I can't see how it won't be seen as exploiting disaster for political benefit.

UtahApocalypse
08-30-2008, 03:45 PM
The GOP really will have no choice. Having the Convention will be a PR nightmare. the only coverage it will get (if any) would be in a negative light.

This storm is NO joke. All indications are putting it to be worse then Katrina. Now that area is more prepared, but this will actually hit as a stronger storm. I don't want get into a big weather class of details. here is the last forecast track. (though watching the incoming data its sliding more to N.O.)
http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200807_5day.gif

And local news feeds: http://www.maroonspoon.com/wx/gustav.html

And the current scanner (more scanners coming online later): http://ralerts.nolaradiostream.com:6090/Gustav%20Feed%201

if ANY of you all live in the danger area please heed the warnings and evacuate NOW.

SeanEdwards
08-30-2008, 03:48 PM
That looks like a gigantic FU direct from god.

R.I.P. New Orleans

thrillhouse
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
It seems that Dr. Paul's 14th district is just to the west of the farthest western hurricane watch area posted.

fedup100
08-30-2008, 03:55 PM
This hurricane will take away all coverage of the Ron Paul event. This couldn't come at a worse time and will be a huge windfall for the corrupt republican party.

I think they will cancel it. After watching how they declared O the winner and never took a roll call, this was greasing the skids to do the same at the rnc.

They are scared shitless of the Ron Paul movement and they need to be. It is much bigger than even we know.

constitutional
08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
I am starting a chip in to raise millions so I can buy huge ass fans and place it on the beaches of Louisiana. This will divert Gustav back!

Currently as we speak prototypes are being developed and tested. Here's a sneak preview:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1742/65966966al1.jpg

Arklatex
08-30-2008, 04:33 PM
I had to pick up my brother -n-law refugee from New Orleans yet again, he's staying at the house with the wife while I'm headed to the Rally with my bud!

RockEnds
08-30-2008, 04:40 PM
This is sort of in bad taste given the seriousness of the circumstances, but this guy may have have a point. :eek:

http://mwcnews.net/content/view/24902&Itemid=1

Is it karma when 'Voodoo Christians' pray up the wrong storm?

Lord have mercy.

What have we done? That's what Voodoo Christians must be asking themselves. It's one thing to pray up a storm. It's quite another to make God's dart hit the bulls-eye.

In case you missed it, Focus on the Family's self-appointed prophet-jester, Stuart Shepard, released a video on or about Aug. 8, urging Christians to pray for "rain of biblical proportions" in order to drown out Barack Obama's climactic acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in Denver.

I'm not saying the Lord had other plans.

But as I write this, Tropical Storm Gustav is bearing down on New Orleans, or somewhere close. It could hit Houston or Panama City, Florida. Meanwhile, dozens of counties in that land of hanging chads have been declared disaster areas, thanks to floods which drenched the entire state last week. Seems smiting folks with rain and winds "of biblical proportions" is not an exact, um… science.

nate895
08-30-2008, 05:05 PM
If McCain is never officially nominated, even by acclamation, he never gets public funds.

Highland
08-30-2008, 05:05 PM
I am starting a chip in to raise millions so I can buy huge ass fans and place it on the beaches of Louisiana. This will divert Gustav back!

Currently as we speak prototypes are being developed and tested. Here's a sneak preview:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1742/65966966al1.jpg

NICE! Very Impressive Unit you have there....:cool:

walt
08-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Have you guys lost your minds?

These clowns are running an undeclared world wide war and a hurricane is more serious than that? Uhm no.

Jamsie 567
08-30-2008, 05:24 PM

These clowns are running an undeclared world wide war and a hurricane is more serious than that? Uhm no.

You are right I been fighting for the last year. Devoting hours upon hours exposing Ron Paul to the masses. We must not give up now.

Onward to St. PAUL!

RonPaulVolunteer
08-30-2008, 05:26 PM
NICE! Very Impressive Unit you have there....:cool:

That's what she said...

MRoCkEd
08-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Shit. Shit. Shit.

Sandra
08-30-2008, 05:33 PM

+ 1000! After the storm is over , we'll still be in Iraq and threatening Iran! We will hunker down here , ya'll get your asses to that rally!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that some of you still listen to how the MSM tells you how you are supposed to feel! QUIT MAKING ROVE PROUD!!!!!!!

RockEnds
08-30-2008, 05:44 PM
+ 1000! After the storm is over , we'll still be in Iraq and threatening Iran! We will hunker down here , ya'll get your asses to that rally!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that some of you still listen to how the MSM tells you how you are supposed to feel! QUIT MAKING ROVE PROUD!!!!!!!

I live 5 hours from the rally. I'm not leaving yet. I'll probably leave tomorrow after my son gets off his shift in the Persian Gulf. I've spent the summer in front of this damned computer because I really don't want to miss a message. I'm pretty aware that we're in Iraq and threatening Iran, and what that might mean. In fact, I'm really, really, really aware.

Maybe you might like to know how the press will spin this? Then again, maybe not.

Sandra
08-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I live 5 hours from the rally. I'm not leaving yet. I'll probably leave tomorrow after my son gets off his shift in the Persian Gulf. I've spent the summer in front of this damned computer because I really don't want to miss a message. I'm pretty aware that we're in Iraq and threatening Iran, and what that might mean. In fact, I'm really, really, really aware.

Maybe you might like to know how the press will spin this? Then again, maybe not.

Sorry to put it bluntly but realistically!...Maybe for the sake of your son, you should worry less how the press spins it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freelance
08-30-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/30/rnc.gustav/index.html

Here's another NOLA link in case the one previously posted goes down:

http://www.wdsu.com/index.html

Good point, Walt, and good to see you.

ronpaulitician
08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
CNN now reporting that the GOP will cancel ALL convention activities and will instead be holding a massive telethon/fundrasing event to help with the Hurricane devastation. It is not sure at this time (As the GOP is working details) If the nomination, or other convention business will take place.
Makes sense. Any excuse not to have to compete with Obama's supposed miracle speech (yawn).

PatriotOne
08-30-2008, 07:29 PM

It was going to be quite embarrassing when so few people showed up for the GOP convention. They must maintain the illusion there are actually people who plan on voting for McCain besides his relatives.

JK/SEA
08-30-2008, 07:37 PM

The title can read...

Good idea, and maybe everyone should bring cans of food to donate to the victims, or 'other' essentials at the Target center entrance.

UtahApocalypse
08-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Good idea, and maybe everyone should bring cans of food to donate to the victims, or 'other' essentials at the Target center entrance.

Now that sounds like a positive idea! then get Truckers4Paul to donate time to drive it down :)

Sandra
08-30-2008, 07:42 PM
The delegates took time off work, had purchased plane tickets and lodging, get them to the Rally and give them the time of their lives! Constitutional-ize them!

UtahApocalypse
08-30-2008, 07:47 PM
The delegates took time off work, had purchased plane tickets and lodging, get them to the Rally and give them the time of their lives! Constitutional-ize them!

If thats how you want to make CNN, FOX, MSNBC and EVERY news outlet in the country "As hurricane devastates U.S. the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty partied the day and night away!"

jerry
08-30-2008, 07:48 PM
If HAARP can create hurricanes, earthquakes, etc, then can it stop them?

SeanEdwards
08-30-2008, 07:58 PM
If HAARP can create hurricanes, earthquakes, etc, then can it stop them?

What would be the fun in that? I think you have fundamentally misunderstood the motivation behind building such weapons.

walt
08-30-2008, 08:00 PM

+1776 - I like the way you are thinking. Choas can bring reflection and change.

ARealConservative
08-30-2008, 08:11 PM
If thats how you want to make CNN, FOX, MSNBC and EVERY news outlet in the country "As hurricane devastates U.S. the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty partied the day and night away!"

In the last 18 months I would hope everyone would of stopped worrying about how CNN, FOX, etc spins what we do.

The world isn't going to stop moving....nor should it.

Sandra
08-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm really glad this thing isn't hitting Texas dist. 14! RP can get to that Rally, that's what affects me and mine in the longterm. After the storm is over I can go to Home Depot and get what needs fixing, but Bush/McCain/Cheney will be planning for their perpetual wars with my draft age son as target practice.

Sandra
08-30-2008, 08:35 PM

I can't believe anyone on these forums would even entertain thinking this way! I'm in the middle of the storm path and I'm saying " Go to the rally!" Sway those delegates for Louisiana!!!!!

Ron Paul WON the caucus in Louisiana ya know.

puppetmaster
08-30-2008, 08:39 PM
In the last 18 months I would hope everyone would of stopped worrying about how CNN, FOX, etc spins what we do.

yes yes.
a little sanity.
A food drive would be in order.
But why the hell would anyone who lives on the gulf coast not expect to be wiped out from time to time. They LIVE in that area by choice and it is smack dab in the middle of hurricane waters....we all know what the definition of insanity is...

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Imperial
08-30-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm really glad this thing isn't hitting Texas dist. 14! RP can get to that Rally, that's what affects me and mine in the longterm. After the storm is over I can go to Home Depot and get what needs fixing, but Bush/McCain/Cheney will be planning for their perpetual wars with my draft age son as target practice.

No, it is headed for Louisiana, but it is not in the clear. Ron Paul's northeast end of his district is caught in it, basically the towns between Houston and Galveston, including towns like Pearland, League City, and Kemah. While the chances are not so high, the more realistic scenario is that it could head to LA and then swing westwards.

But with hurricanes, you always have to wait and see.

I second the idea to invite everybody to come to Ron Paul's convention and to bring goods and money to donate for Gustav devestation. Advertise it as the utilizing the private sector!!

RickyJ
08-30-2008, 08:47 PM

Regardless how bad this storm is I highly doubt the Rally for the Republic will be canceled. Ron Paul doesn't have the kind of money to reschedule something like this. It will go on despite the hurricane.

RickyJ
08-30-2008, 08:51 PM

If Ron Paul had the money to reschedule then that would be a very good idea. But since he doesn't it will go on. But we can pray for the victims at the convention and even cancel the entertainment. I don't like country music anyway. Just keep the speakers and have each one of them offer a prayer for the victims of the storm.

Trigonx
08-30-2008, 09:28 PM
yes yes.
a little sanity.
A food drive would be in order.
But why the hell would anyone who lives on the gulf coast not expect to be wiped out from time to time. They LIVE in that area by choice and it is smack dab in the middle of hurricane waters....we all know what the definition of insanity is...

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Exactly, year after year that part of the country gets hit by hurricane after storm after hurricane. Don't like the hurricanes? thats fine don't live there. problem solved.

Andrew Ryan
08-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Ron Paul WON the caucus in Louisiana ya know.
Well TBTB say that John McCain won the Louisiana caucus...

Sandra
08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Well TBTB say that John McCain won the Louisiana caucus...

McCain didn't have enough delegate by the deadline, the LAGOP refused to count half of the votes, and McCain delegates were put on a pro-life slate which was rejected by all Louisiana pro-life groups because McCain supported embryonic stem cell research. Delegates misrepresented his stance to be on the pro life slate. All three were violations of RNC rules. Google Louisiana caucus.

Jamsie 567
08-30-2008, 09:56 PM
THE GOP did not cancel the convention fix your title dude. I am questioning this persons motives anyone else find this post strange?

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-30-2008, 09:59 PM
nt

Raditude
08-30-2008, 10:26 PM
If the GOP cancels, here's what we gotta do:

Direct potential RNC attendees to the Rally for the Republic
Setup a donation facility near the entrances for food for the devastated.
Give them the most convincing night of their life

How to do this:

Bullhorns
Flyers
Gift Certificates
T'Shirts
DVDs for Delegates
Signs and banners
Street Teams

Goal:

To get as many RNC attendees to the Rally for the Republic as possible.
To convince them that Ron Paul is the answer
To provide relief for the potential devastated hurricane victims
To attract good press from all of the networks

Sally08
08-31-2008, 06:16 AM
THE GOP did not cancel the convention fix your title dude. I am questioning this persons motives anyone else find this post strange?

No, the post was a legitimate "heads up" regarding the likely impact of Gustav on the RNC.

Will the GOP simply nominate McCain by acclamation, so everyone can return to their own districts ASAP?

What will RP do, if Gustav takes direct aim for his constituency?

Gustav prompts talk of altering RNC agenda

Story Highlights
NEW: President making plans in case he misses convention because of storm
Sen. John McCain suggests hurricane may affect the Republican convention
GOP source says convention may turn into a massive telethon
Gulf state governors already have canceled trips to convention

IPSecure
08-31-2008, 06:32 AM
Republicans Good, Hurricanes Bad...

Anyway to monitor what HAARP (http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/pandora/haarp.html) (ELF) is currently up to?

m72mc
08-31-2008, 06:59 AM
It was going to be quite embarrassing when so few people showed up for the GOP convention. They must maintain the illusion there are actually people who plan on voting for McCain besides his relatives.

lol probably true..

FunkBuddha
08-31-2008, 07:09 AM
How will we ever win when these bastards can control the weather!?!?!

Heh, sorry. I had to.

Sally08
08-31-2008, 07:29 AM
msnbc.com: BREAKING NEWS: White House says Bush unlikely to attend GOP convention on Monday

It's interesting to get news alerts from MSNBC before other MSM stations. CNN tends to be *slowest*!

Sally08
08-31-2008, 07:33 AM
How will we ever win when these bastards can control the weather!?!?!

Heh, sorry. I had to.

Actually, weren't there mentions of legitimate tests that might impact earthquakes, as well, like the major one in China?

Given the fact that seeding of clouds to make rain has been used for decades and the fact that HAARP does exist, I wouldn't be surprised to find that the technology is being tested, with normal "defects" encountered.

Isn't that what the black hole SciFi movie was about:D

moostraks
08-31-2008, 07:49 AM

Excellent idea. Show the press what colaboration and not government bureaucracy can do to get a effort going to provide aid. Might want to consider how we could get the message to those being displaced? Another idea is someone in real estate who can help with relo packages (along with campaign for liberty info to free them from the machine of course:cool:)for those displaced because of devastation. Keep brainstorming folks and try to make this not be our own pr nightmare. We have already been marginalized and like it or not if you want to expand the tent we need to make this a positive experience...

Jamsie 567
08-31-2008, 07:59 AM
No, the post was a legitimate "heads up" regarding the likely impact of Gustav on the RNC.

Will the GOP simply nominate McCain by acclamation, so everyone can return to their own districts ASAP?

What will RP do, if Gustav takes direct aim for his constituency?

Story Highlights
NEW: President making plans in case he misses convention because of storm
Sen. John McCain suggests hurricane may affect the Republican convention
GOP source says convention may turn into a massive telethon
Gulf state governors already have canceled trips to convention

I disagree with you what does the title at CNN read. My argument is the title is fake which it is.

first sentence... Officials with the McCain campaign and the Republican National convention are considering changing the event's agenda as Hurricane Gustav bears down on the Gulf Coast.

All I am saying is the title is not true and no other article has said it is true YET. That is why I am questioning the motives of this person trying to disway people from attending our rally.

Everyone must go to the Rally this title is a setup to try and discourage the months excitement we have built up. It could be a media ploy to down play Ron Pauls rally. If the RP rally is a huge success while the GOP is being rioted. How does that make the GOP look? Also consider this if there are thousands of people protesting and the convention is canceled rumor has it another republican has a convention in town. We may get protested if this happens. Not trying to start a conspiracy here but we must be ready for everything.

FIX THE TITLE UTAH!

UtahApocalypse
08-31-2008, 09:44 AM
The title is fine. I never said they canceled the convention. They are planning to cancel the PARTY like atmosphere. This is on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/31/rnc.gustav/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

# Story Highlights
# NEW: Bush likely to address convention, if there is one, via satellite, sources say
# Sen. John McCain suggests hurricane may affect the Republican convention
# GOP source says convention may turn into a massive telethon
# Gulf state governors already have canceled trips to convention

Roxi
08-31-2008, 10:44 AM
how about "gustav may change some RNC activity plans"

just saying

pacelli
08-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Bush and Cheney to skip GOP convention:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26483108/

The Republican Administration's slow response to Katrina has been blamed for the drop in Mr Bush's popularity. Desperate not to be found wanting again, the party is making every effort to to appear sensitive.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/hurricane-threatens-rain-on-mccain-parade-20080831-46d7.html

White House press secretary Dana Perino said the Government was preparing for what had the potential to be one of the most devastating storms in the nation's history.

I can see it now, "Libertarian-leaning Ron Paul hosts party during worst storm in nation's history."

IPSecure
08-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Most of the higher-up clowns will not be there, now have excuses...
Look out for another false flag...

freelance
08-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Most of the higher-up clowns will not be there, now have excuses...
Look out for another false flag...

The list of no-shows before Gustav came on the scene was a total embarrassment. Now they all have an excuse to stay as far away from this fiasco as possible.

Bruno
08-31-2008, 11:37 AM
If only now the MSM would be able to focus more on the Rally for the Republic.

Agent CSL
08-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Any disaster is horrible and I think the RNC is in the right to postpone some events, but it does seem very convenient. It makes me wonder how they will go about the nomination process. Maybe they knew they didn't have a chance in hell to beat out RP delegates, so they have to bring hell to them.

Who knows.

constitutional
08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Like RP said, will postponing it help anyone down there?

Sandra
08-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh wonderful, if they're not going there then they're coming here.

Working Poor
08-31-2008, 12:21 PM

I think you nailed it....

Working Poor
08-31-2008, 12:34 PM
this morning I heard a report from the hurricane center in Miami that said gustav is not as strong and as organized as katrina. There will be damage but not as severe as katrina.

But McCain is going to make up his own rules make no mistake about that....

UtahApocalypse
08-31-2008, 01:40 PM
They are going to have a briefing on all of the convention changes on CNN shortly.

pacelli
08-31-2008, 01:44 PM
They are going to have a briefing on all of the convention changes on CNN shortly.

Banner on CNN cable says, "McCain expected to address status of republican convention live at 4pm ET."

freelance
08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Check out this list of GOPers who aren't attending the convention (and who decided not to attend before Gustav). This is the most comprehensive list I can find.

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/31/133542/273/464/581254

Shii
08-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Check out this list of GOPers who aren't attending the convention (and who decided not to attend before Gustav). This is the most comprehensive list I can find.

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/31/133542/273/464/581254

If they do decide to hold it, WE MIGHT OUTNUMBER THE GOP.

freelance
08-31-2008, 02:00 PM
If they do decide to hold it, WE MIGHT OUTNUMBER THE GOP.

Kinda looks that way.

OOH, one of the convention bigwigs is on CNN saying that they rules and procedures that must be followed. Where was he during all these state conventions?

pacelli
08-31-2008, 02:04 PM
This guy Rick Davis is a fucking robot.

JoshLowry
08-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Banner on CNN cable says, "McCain expected to address status of republican convention live at 4pm ET."

Why is it up to McCain to decide when the convention is held?

:rolleyes:

pacelli
08-31-2008, 02:05 PM
No roll call tomorrow, "everything will be considered optional after the 5:30 session tomorrow".

Rangeley
08-31-2008, 02:06 PM
No roll call tomorrow, "everything will be considered optional after the 5:30 session tomorrow".
Yea I heard that...

Shii
08-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Summary of the guy's speech:

- We will rearrange our schedule so that the MSM will have time to report on both us and the Gulf
- No schedule for most of the convention yet. It will convene tomorrow but nothing will happen.
- By command of King McCain, no neocon BS tomorrow.

pacelli
08-31-2008, 02:12 PM
"chartered flight and about a dozen people from the louisiana delegation that are affected by it right now"

pacelli
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
"only thing that is required is the nomination of Senator McCain for president and Gov Palin for vice president by the quorum of delegates".

"speculation of not being here for the nomination is completely premature".

Ron Paul Vermont
That makes perfect sense. Lets see. There is a hurricane. It is going to effect Ron Pauls district on the day of his and the GOP convention. They are now wanting to cancel the convention because it would not be appropriate to be partying while people are getting hit buy a hurricane. Maybe they are affraid of the Ron Paul people keeping McCain from getting nominated and even worse (for them) RP getting nominated.

Coincidence???! You decide?

pacelli
Quorum = half + 1

CurtisLow
08-31-2008, 05:42 PM
The title can read...

Bingo!

Coincidence???! You decide?

:confused: McCain & the GOP are playing games and only the evil puppet master knows whats going on. But he will fail.... :D

Sally08
08-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Cross-posted for urgency:

Per USA Today article, http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-08-31-gopconvention_N.htm?csp=34

it appears that the critical business of adopting the platform and nominating McCain will be within the 2.5 hour timeframe of 4 to 6:30 *ET* on Monday/tomorrow.

Only a simple quorum of those *present* is needed.

RP DELEGATES MUST BE THERE TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!

Pass on the message to anyone in MN!