PDA

View Full Version : C4L Blog: The Truth about McCain/Palin

MRoCkEd
08-30-2008, 11:25 AM
McCain/Palin
August 30th, 2008 by Thomas Woods

I am in haste as I write this, getting some things in order before leaving for MInneapolis, but one has to hand it to John McCain: the choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate was politically very savvy, for many reasons.

At the same time, let’s not forget: our key issues are as urgent as ever, and are not addressed by this pick. The Federal Reserve is as big a danger to our economic well-being as it has ever been, and it’s as off the table as ever. McCain’s provocations of Russia still threaten a new Cold War. His promise (threat?) to stay in Iraq 100, 1000, or 10,000 years if necessary still stands. He’s likely to go to war with Iran. The surveillance state is alive and well. And so on.

And now that Palin has the VP slot, Joe Lieberman will likely be our next Secretary of State. That’s even scarier than a Lieberman VP.

So let’s keep our eye on the ball: our target is liberty-loving Americans from all walks of life, who can see through all the major parties’ tricks and know something is wrong. Let’s help point the way forward, in the words of Ron Paul, to “an America worthy of our Founding Fathers.”

AlexMerced
08-30-2008, 11:40 AM
So the theme is which I agree with, Palin is cool, but Mccain is a dealbreaker. Either way bad policies will be pushed by the president next term.

My concern is

1) Getting people aware of true Liberty Ideals, then give them the oppurunity o evaluate it

2) educate people on the power of congress and those individuals who are running for congress

3)publicizing the mises institute

malibuu
08-30-2008, 11:53 AM
McCain/Palin

. . . the choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate was politically very savvy . . .

With Johnny Boy's age and health issues, the political gimmick to nominate
Sarah Palin, the 2006 mayor of a town of 8,500 as second-in-command is about
what to expect from McCain . . . bad judgment.

UnReconstructed
08-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Does anyone not remember a few months ago when this lady's name was being thrown around here as a possible choice to run with Paul if the party were to nominate him? Do you not think that McCain people read this board? Do you not think that this was a ploy to try to swing some of Paul's supporters to McCain's side?

rajibo
08-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Does anyone not remember a few months ago when this lady's name was being thrown around here as a possible choice to run with Paul if the party were to nominate him? Do you not think that McCain people read this board? Do you not think that this was a ploy to try to swing some of Paul's supporters to McCain's side?

I think that just happened to happily fit in with their goal of getting women and religious voters.

SeanEdwards
08-30-2008, 12:16 PM

The GOP doesn't care about us, doesn't like our political positions, and doesn't want us in their "big tent". They are not trying to win your vote with Palin. They want you to crawl back under a rock and stop criticizing the emperor's naked ass.

malibuu
08-30-2008, 12:16 PM
. . . this was a ploy to try to swing some of Paul's supporters to McCain's side?

Yeah, a political gimmick by the "Double Talk Express" - same old Johnny Boy McCain ain't it ?

familydog
08-30-2008, 12:18 PM
McCain/Palin

I am in haste as I write this, getting some things in order before leaving for MInneapolis, but one has to hand it to John McCain: the choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate was politically very savvy, for many reasons.

At the same time, let’s not forget: our key issues are as urgent as ever, and are not addressed by this pick. The Federal Reserve is as big a danger to our economic well-being as it has ever been, and it’s as off the table as ever. McCain’s provocations of Russia still threaten a new Cold War. His promise (threat?) to stay in Iraq 100, 1000, or 10,000 years if necessary still stands. He’s likely to go to war with Iran. The surveillance state is alive and well. And so on.

And now that Palin has the VP slot, Joe Lieberman will likely be our next Secretary of State. That’s even scarier than a Lieberman VP.

So let’s keep our eye on the ball: our target is liberty-loving Americans from all walks of life, who can see through all the major parties’ tricks and know something is wrong. Let’s help point the way forward, in the words of Ron Paul, to “an America worthy of our Founding Fathers.”

So if Palin's choice was simply a political move....does that mean she doesn't have as much in common with McCain's positions?

If she really did support Buchanan in 2000....

angelatc
08-30-2008, 12:25 PM
So if Palin's choice was simply a political move....does that mean she doesn't have as much in common with McCain's positions?

If she really did support Buchanan in 2000....

No, it means she has a lot in common with traditional GOP values, and is window dressing for the trojan horse that is McCain.

The Paul supporters aren't the only disenfranchised GOPers out there. Look for Palin to make some anti-illegal immigratin remarks soon. She has no real record on the issue, and that lobby is ready to vote against Obama.

AlexMerced
08-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Yeah, even after the primaries I was actively pushing Palin as a VP candidate, and Paul/Palin ticket would of been awesome.

I mean, I'm gonna vote Barr, but at least 1 out of the 4 people on the two main tickets is someone I like.

No matter what was the intention of picking her, she is picked, if we try to turn every event into something bad we'll end like other movements and overstep the fight.

Our battle has only begun, but we need to be able acknowledge a good omen when we see one.

Menthol Patch
08-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I would NOT have voted for a Ron Paul and Sarah Palin ticket.

Sarah Palin is an anti-freedom monster just like McCain.

alaric
08-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I would NOT have voted for a Ron Paul and Sarah Palin ticket.

Sarah Palin is an anti-freedom monster just like McCain.

someone's passing around kool-aid in the left field bleachers!:p

Rangeley
08-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, even after the primaries I was actively pushing Palin as a VP candidate, and Paul/Palin ticket would of been awesome.

I mean, I'm gonna vote Barr, but at least 1 out of the 4 people on the two main tickets is someone I like.

No matter what was the intention of picking her, she is picked, if we try to turn every event into something bad we'll end like other movements and overstep the fight.

Our battle has only begun, but we need to be able acknowledge a good omen when we see one.
My feelings exactly.

ShowMeLiberty
08-30-2008, 01:19 PM

qft

LibertyEagle
08-30-2008, 02:03 PM
The GOP doesn't care about us, doesn't like our political positions, and doesn't want us in their "big tent". They are not trying to win your vote with Palin. They want you to crawl back under a rock and stop criticizing the emperor's naked ass.

lololol :D

QFT