PDA

View Full Version : For the Revolution to Continue, McCain/Palin Must Lose

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Pardon the hyperbole, but let me be perfectly clear.

If we have any near-term chance of achieving the RP revolution's lofty goals of constitutionally limited government, sound money, fiscal solvency, non-interventionism, and personal liberty --

McCain/Palin must lose the presidency. In addition, Republicans must lose US Senate and House seats across the nation.

It's as simple as that.

Without these Republican losses this November, we are a non-issue for the going forward plans of the big government crowd.

Our marginalization will continue. We will have no voice in either major party in the immediate future.

On the other hand, if losses occur this November, we will be heard loud and clear. We will be brought to the table. We will have truly begun the movement on a larger, public stage.

Vote your conscience as always, but remember these words. The Crown had to feel the pain of actual wartime losses to relenquish to the colonies their independence. The current leadership of this country will also need to feel significant loss to change direction. Sad, but nonetheless true.

Barr/Root 2008

constitutional
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
If Republicans lose, people like Ron Paul (possibly Bob Barr) will be to blame.

I agree that this country might "need to feel significant loss to change direction" but we also need to be out there educating people so they turn to right kind of change!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r14/missnry/ObamaChange.jpg

fedup100
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM

If we have any near-term chance of achieving the RP revolution's lofty goals of constitutionally limited government, sound money, fiscal solvency, non-interventionism, and personal liberty --

McCain/Palin must lose the presidency. In addition, Republicans must lose US Senate and House seats across the nation.

It's as simple as that.

Without these Republican losses this November, we are a non-issue for the going forward plans of the big government crowd.

Our marginalization will continue. We will have no voice in either major party in the immediate future.

On the other hand, if losses occur this November, we will be heard loud and clear. We will be brought to the table. We will have truly begun the movement on a larger, public stage.

Vote your conscience as always, but remember these words. The Crown had to feel the pain of actual wartime losses to relenquish to the colonies their independence. The current leadership of this country will also need to feel significant loss to change direction. Sad, but nonetheless true.

Barr/Root 2008

At this late stage of the take down of America from within, you are just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. There are too many third parties on purpose. Barr is a ringer to take away from any third party that could have actually won this year. I believe the term "divide and Conquer" comes to mind.

Palin is just a little cookie tossed into the ring to let the real americans think they have a chance 4 years from now. Nothing could be further from the truth, there will be no more America or another election, the country is gone.......gone now.........don't you get it. They have won, we have lost, the NAU will be ruled by who ever is crowned in January!

pacelli
08-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Palin is just a little cookie tossed into the ring to let the real americans think they have a chance 4 years from now. Nothing could be further from the truth, there will be no more America or another election, the country is gone.......gone now.........don't you get it. They have won, we have lost, the NAU will be ruled by who ever is crowned in January!

Agreed. Ron send out this CFL email this morning, and in it he italicized the following sentence: We must resist the false choices the two major parties are giving us.

That's a pretty clear message.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 09:49 AM

I agree that this country might "need to feel significant loss to change direction" but we also need to be out there educating people so they turn to right kind of change!

-- IMG/IMG --

Agreement all around.

On the education front, sadly, many won't listen until they feel the pain. That's what a major Republican defeat in November can deliver.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Agreed. Ron send out this CFL email this morning, and in it he italicized the following sentence: We must resist the false choices the two major parties are giving us.

That's a pretty clear message.

Thank you, Ron.

malibuu
08-30-2008, 10:01 AM

I respectfully disagree that RP would be to blame -
McCain's long history as a buffoon is the core of his electability problem.

John Shipley McCain
- born in Panama in 1936
- finished at the bottom of his U.S. Naval Academy class
- crashed several training flights ( one into Corpus Christi Bay) before his POW experience
- McCain was at the center of the biggest aircraft carrier disaster (USS Forrestal)
(be sure to see the video clip from very beginning, not only the later half which is after McCain's plane caught on fire first obviously before the errant missle)
- he missed over 50% of his Senate votes, including the 2009 budget resolution (doesn't understand the economy anyway)

The short list goes on and on for real reasons why McCain could get nearly shutout in the electoral college, imho anyway

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 10:06 AM

John Shipley McCain
- born in Panama in 1936
- crashed several training flights ( one into Corpus Christi Bay) before his POW experience
- McCain was at the center of the biggest aircraft carrier disaster (USS Forrestal)
(be sure to see the video clip from very beginning, not only the later half which is after McCain's plane caught on fire first obviously before the errant missle)
- he missed over 50% of his Senate votes, including the 2009 budget resolution (doesn't understand the economy anyway)

The short list goes on and on for real reasons why McCain could get nearly shutout in the electoral college, imho anyway

good points, and you're correct, that's a short list. Lots of Romney, F. Thompson, Hunter, & Huckabee supporters I know are just as disgusted by McCain as I am.

There are loads of conservative Republicans who aren't necessarily RP supporters but also want to see a righting of the ship that will either sit this one out or vote 3rd party.

spacehabitats
08-30-2008, 10:07 AM
We must be careful with the congressional races. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

You had better have a pretty bad congressman, or a pretty good RP candidate waiting in the wings to throw out all of the Republicans.

Heck, Obama could just declare the One World Government and his sycophantic crew of Democrats would vote it in by acclimation.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-30-2008, 10:08 AM

And what is the reason Obama should win?

I'd sooner vote for McCain than Obama....and I'd sooner poke a hornet's nest with a short stick than vote for McCain.

constitutional
08-30-2008, 10:13 AM

John Shipley McCain
- born in Panama in 1936

So let me get this straight, John McCain's supporters know the following (according to you):

- born in Panama in 1936

Yet they will vote for him. And when he loses, his supporters will blame it on his "history as a buffoon". So why did they vote for him in first place again? LOL

"Born in Panama in 1936". Ha malibu, I know how quickly this thread will go downhill. So forget anything I said above.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 10:16 AM
We must be careful with the congressional races. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

You had better have a pretty bad congressman, or a pretty good RP candidate waiting in the wings to throw out all of the Republicans.

Heck, Obama could just declare the One World Government and his sycophantic crew of Democrats would vote it in by acclimation.

Yeah, I know. I want the wounding of the party to be critical, but not fatal. Some "OMG, how did we lose THAT seat?!?!?" is necessary for the point to sink in, but we also want to be able to rebuild quickly for 2010 and 2012.

Join The Paul Side
08-30-2008, 10:26 AM

I'd sooner vote for McCain than Obama....and I'd sooner poke a hornet's nest with a short stick than vote for McCain.

I have sat back the last 4 years and watch my ability to support my family slowly deteriorate in front of my face. This summer alone has brutally evaporated my savings through record high gas prices and sharply rising food costs along with the mandatory 32% increase of my electric bill (Thank You FPL `_|_). `_|_ = middle finger a.k.a. flicking the bird........

For McCain to win and bring me 4 years more of this bullshit is too much of a burden to bear. I'm not saying I will personally vote for Obama (I'm voting Barr), but since Barr is unlikely to win I hope the sheeple elect Obama.

I'd rather roll the dice on whatever Change it is Obama intends to bring than suffer another 4 years of Neocon policies. FUCK THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drknows
08-30-2008, 10:32 AM

Exactly! how come nobody mentions the other possible scenarios?

I find it laughable that people say Mccain should lose to Obama. Look at Nader the Dems hate his fucking guts for what he did. Now hes giving speeches to drunken college kids in bars and asking for handouts.

His whole life's work means jack shit now.

You know what will happen if Mccain loses? They wont blame Ron Paul or Bob Barr they will blame LIBS just like they always do. Just like the dems blamed Neocons when Gore and Kerry lost. And loser Gore is now some kind of role model to them.

we will still accumulate the same amount of debt under both administrations.

Now with that said I will probably sit this one out. Unless i get pissed enough about all this Obama bullshit i see everywhere.

Rangeley
08-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Please. The result of this election is not the judge of our success. If it were, we have already lost. It's time to stop being short sighted and move on. The true way to succeed is to get involved, and stay involved in politics and government. Work your way up. That is how we will succeed.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Exactly! how come nobody mentions the other possible scenarios?

I find it laughable that people say Mccain should lose to Obama. Look at Nader the Dems hate his fucking guts for what he did. Now hes giving speeches to drunken college kids in bars and asking for handouts.

His whole life's work means jack shit now.

You know what will happen if Mccain loses? They wont blame Ron Paul or Bob Barr they will blame LIBS just like they always do. Just like the dems blamed Neocons when Gore and Kerry lost. And loser Gore is now some kind of role model to them.

we will still accumulate the same amount of debt under both administrations.

Now with that said I will probably sit this one out. Unless i get pissed enough about all this Obama bullshit i see everywhere.

Completely disagree. Who did the Reps blame in 2006? Themselves, for not being conservative enough. I heard it over and over during the conventions this year.

They will know what's come home to roost when they lose this year. They can't beat Dems by talking and acting like them. They must return to their conservative roots. I liken this year more to a Perot phenomenon than a Nader phenomenon

DAFTEK
08-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Ahhhh the Obama manics are popping up on RPF once again.....

malibuu
08-30-2008, 11:01 AM
So let me get this straight, John McCain's supporters know the following . . .

Well, I never said Johnny "Double-Talk Express" McCain primary supporters knew anything about him . . . yet.

But his first important decision picking a VP running mate supports his problem with overall bad judgment -
a second in command nominee after her being mayor of a town of 8,500 only 20 months ago? uggh
It is a political gimmick, a political calculation that the GOP doesn't really need - is she ready to step in, especially with McCain's age and health problems ?

And the Supreme Court will look at McCain's native-born eligibility problem - as the Court itself has called the "natural-born citizen" executive requirement of the 55 framers.
The legislatures of Congress do not have the authority to change that constitutional requirement by meaningless resolutions or other acts of Congress to define terminology written into the Constitution - it is the Supreme Court to decide such constitutional issues.

familydog
08-30-2008, 11:02 AM
We must be careful. We don't want the Nader effect.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Please. The result of this election is not the judge of our success. If it were, we have already lost. It's time to stop being short sighted and move on. The true way to succeed is to get involved, and stay involved in politics and government. Work your way up. That is how we will succeed.

I am being short sighted on purpose, and I stated that in my OP.

Sure, for both short and longer term, staying involved & working our way up is essential.

But significant Republican losses this year, starting with the top of the ticket, will dramatically increase our momentum and chances of shorter term success than will victories.

It's the perfect catalyst for our local efforts to really take off.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Ahhhh the Obama manics are popping up on RPF once again.....

Ha, no, just conservatives who want their party back.

DAFTEK
08-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Ha, no, just conservatives who want their party back.

hah, keep smoking that obama crackpipe bud....:rolleyes:

James Madison
08-30-2008, 11:09 AM
At this late stage of the take down of America from within, you are just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. There are too many third parties on purpose. Barr is a ringer to take away from any third party that could have actually won this year. I believe the term "divide and Conquer" comes to mind.

Completely agree. My parents are all of a sudden extremely excited at the prospect of voting for Palin. We got into a big argument this morning about the NWO and Gov. Palin. I tried explaining to them her selection proves either that she is fully compromised or that Obama has already been chosen as the victor. They just said I was crazy and a "conspiracy theorist". I mean, they're my parents and all but I can't help but feel little sympathy for them. They proceded to say the NWO doesn't exist, 80+% of humanity will not be killed off, and no one world state will be created. They're just in total denial.:mad:

Rangeley
08-30-2008, 11:10 AM
I am being short sighted on purpose, and I stated that in my OP.

Sure, for both short and longer term, staying involved & working our way up is essential.

But significant Republican losses this year, starting with the top of the ticket, will dramatically increase our momentum and chances of shorter term success than will victories.

It's the perfect catalyst for our local efforts to really take off.
For the revolution to continue, McCain/Palin do not have to lose. I will not be packing my bags in defeat if they win, and I can only hope others feel the same. Again, our success depends on our willingness to continue, not any outcome of this election.

The Republicans lost the 2006 election badly, and came back with McCain in '08. Counting on a defeat to do the job for us isn't going to cut it.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 11:11 AM
hah, keep smoking that obama crackpipe bud....:rolleyes:

and you stick with your neocon koolaid, Troll.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 11:16 AM
For the revolution to continue, McCain/Palin do not have to lose. I will not be packing my bags in defeat if they win, and I can only hope others feel the same. Again, our success depends on our willingness to continue, not any outcome of this election.

completely agree, Rangeley.

Admitted hyperbole.

My point has to do with momentum and acceleration, not forward motion.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 11:22 AM
The Republicans lost the 2006 election badly, and came back with McCain in '08. Counting on a defeat to do the job for us isn't going to cut it.

This example bolsters my position. Given the '06 losses, imagine what would be accomplished with a McCain win as opposed to a McCain loss.

McCain wins -- '06 was a fluke, full steam ahead. Enter RP Republicans.

McCain loses -- ouch, first '06, now this, what's going on? Enter RP Republicans.

DAFTEK
08-30-2008, 11:25 AM
and you stick with your neocon koolaid, Troll.

Troll? Is that the best you can dish out? lol :rolleyes: Go back to Obama camp :p

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15483&highlight=ron+PALIN

Drknows
08-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Completely disagree. Who did the Reps blame in 2006? Themselves, for not being conservative enough. I heard it over and over during the conventions this year.

They will know what's come home to roost when they lose this year. They can't beat Dems by talking and acting like them. They must return to their conservative roots. I liken this year more to a Perot phenomenon than a Nader phenomenon

True and good point. who knows what will happen. but dont forget Perot gave us 8 years of Clinton then brought us GWB.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 11:38 AM
True and good point. who knows what will happen. but dont forget Perot gave us 8 years of Clinton then brought us GWB.

Yep, yep, true, true.

That's where Rangeley's earlier good posts about staying involved and working in, up, & through the party must continue, as well as the education angles mentioned.

AlexMerced
08-30-2008, 11:42 AM
The presidency doesn't matter, reform of policies won't change a way if people don't understand the priciple of liberty. Once they understand those principles, policies will change along with the mainstream mode of though.

THis is a battle of ideas, don't be distracted by the political camoflauge.

georgiaboy
08-30-2008, 11:51 AM
The presidency doesn't matter, reform of policies won't change a way if people don't understand the priciple of liberty. Once they understand those principles, policies will change along with the mainstream mode of though.

THis is a battle of ideas, don't be distracted by the political camoflauge.

While I agree with your conclusion, I think the presidency matters inasmuch as it's a snapshot of voter sentiment, loosely reflecting their ideas.

That's why I think a McCain win - by conservatives 'falling in line' - will be a hindrance, as opposed to a help, to this movement.

malibuu
08-30-2008, 11:58 AM
McCain wins -- . . . Enter RP Republicans.

McCain loses -- . . . Enter RP Republicans.

Yeah, I agree - this has already started either way it turns out!

wd4freedom
08-30-2008, 12:07 PM

It's as simple as that.

Barr/Root 2008

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Sarah-Palin-web-craze

SeanEdwards
08-30-2008, 12:11 PM

That's good. That should be the goal. Paul should be proud to claim responsibility for torpedoing the GOP and McCain.

Andrew-Austin
08-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Troll? Is that the best you can dish out? lol :rolleyes: Go back to Obama camp :p

Stop attacking people with that fallacy. Just because some of us can not stomach voting for McCain like you, does not mean we support Obama in anyway.

Ibgamer
08-30-2008, 12:38 PM
I will never vote for McCain

AlexMerced
08-30-2008, 12:39 PM
While I agree with your conclusion, I think the presidency matters inasmuch as it's a snapshot of voter sentiment, loosely reflecting their ideas.

That's why I think a McCain win - by conservatives 'falling in line' - will be a hindrance, as opposed to a help, to this movement.

I use to think that, the hope of Mccain losing was so the RNC cabal would admit they need to open back up to the old school conservatives and libertarians, the goal was that concession.

I kind of feel that Palin is that concession... their way to admit they need us without losing face.

We still need to fight tooth for tooth for local and congresional seats, and to vote for Barr in November.

But I feel this is a clear signal we can ever hope to get from the RNC that hey are losing their control over the party.

Trust, the Cabal f Both parties wanted a Clinton/Giuliani battle, the hostility towards the status quo is now giving us a Obama/Mccain battle.

Superficially all these candidates represent a chage of direction, despite thier proposed policies which are more of the same.

If anyhing, the voter snapshot no matter who wins is positive, VOTERS are open to new ideas, and the party leadership on both sides losing control to a new generation of voters.

the in indicators are their, we're growing super fast when out it all in perspective, we just got to keep educating and keep learning, and we'll overtake the electorate.

SeanEdwards
08-30-2008, 12:39 PM
I will never vote for McCain

If he had Paul as VP I might consider it. But then I'd make a McCain voodoo doll and start sticking pins in it.

RickyJ
08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Palin is the ONLY major candidate right now that is anything like Ron Paul at all. No, she is no Ron Paul, but she is better than any of the other major candidates. Yes I know VP doesn't do anything, but it would set her up for a run later. It's better to take a small step in the right direction than to take NO step at all. And Sara Palin is defintely a step in the right direction.

SeanEdwards
08-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Palin is the ONLY major candidate right now that is anything like Ron Paul at all. No, she is no Ron Paul, but she is better than any of the other major candidates. Yes I know VP doesn't do anything, but it would set her up for a run later. It's better to take a small step in the right direction than to take NO step at all. And Sara Palin is defintely a step in the right direction.

McCain won't leave anything worth governing in 2012. He's already stated his intention to crawl up satan's bunghole looking for some dipshit raghead, and he's going to take all of us along for the trip. McCain is a psychopath. He will most assuredly nuke some convenient scapegoat before leaving office, because he thinks war is THE MOST enobling thing that a people can do. A nation that does not wage war is nothing but a nation of pussies in McCain's worldview.

AlexMerced
08-30-2008, 01:05 PM
McCain won't leave anything worth governing in 2012. He's already stated his intention to crawl up satan's bunghole looking for some dipshit raghead, and he's going to take all of us along for the trip. McCain is a psychopath. He will most assuredly nuke some convenient scapegoat before leaving office, because he thinks war is THE MOST enobling thing that a people can do. A nation that does not wage war is nothing but a nation of pussies in McCain's worldview.

that's fine, we will rebuild, faster... stroger...

Menthol Patch
08-30-2008, 01:05 PM
We have no movement. Ron Paul lost. We are just here chatting.

constitutional
08-30-2008, 01:30 PM

What do you define a movement?

RickyJ
08-30-2008, 01:33 PM

McCain talks tough now to appease the neocons, but when he actually gets in office I think you will find he is much less of a warmonger than he has portrayed himself as.

Cali4RonPaul
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Bob Barr is nothing but a pro-war NeoCon. So I will trade you one Bob Barr for an outsider Sarah Palin any day.

SeanEdwards
08-30-2008, 01:41 PM
I think you will find he is much less of a warmonger than he has portrayed himself as.

That won't be too difficult. So he announces a 9999 year occupation of Iraq instead of a 10,000 year occupation? I am not comforted.

0zzy
08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Bob Barr is nothing but a pro-war NeoCon. So I will trade you one Bob Barr for an outsider Sarah Palin any day.

Neither Bob Barr nor Palin are NeoCons. please. calm. down.

Menthol Patch
08-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Bob Barr is indeed a neocon.

Sarah Palin is also a neocon.

By the way, Sarah Palin is not an "outsider." She is a politician who has remained silent about the insane war on drugs, the illegal war in Iraq, the FED, the IRS, the Patriot Act, etc. To be blunt, she is a big government politician just like McCain.

DAFTEK
08-31-2008, 12:30 AM
Bob Barr is indeed a neocon.

Sarah Palin is also a neocon.

By the way, Sarah Palin is not an "outsider." She is a politician who has remained silent about the insane war on drugs, the illegal war in Iraq, the FED, the IRS, the Patriot Act, etc. To be blunt, she is a big government politician just like McCain.

LINKS????:rolleyes:

RonPaulVolunteer
08-31-2008, 12:47 AM

Actually I just had a movement about an hour ago. Maybe the real questions is, does our movement stink or not?

freelance
08-31-2008, 01:02 AM

Heck, why even bother with the niceties of a vote when he'll have the tools of executive orders and decree by agency available?

It does not matter one bit who wins. The result will be the same.

AmericasLastHope
08-31-2008, 01:39 AM
And the Supreme Court will look at McCain's native-born eligibility problem - as the Court itself has called the "natural-born citizen" executive requirement of the 55 framers.
The legislatures of Congress do not have the authority to change that constitutional requirement by meaningless resolutions or other acts of Congress to define terminology written into the Constitution - it is the Supreme Court to decide such constitutional issues.

Wouldn't the court also have to look at Obama's native-born eligibility problem (http://www.daily.pk/world/84-worldnews/6726-barack-obama-is-not-a-us-citizen.html)?

The system is such a sham.

Grandson of Liberty
08-31-2008, 01:55 AM

QFT
+1776

I humbly submit that the RP Revolution is directly responsible for McCain realizing he needed someone like Sarah Palin. I've heard her spoken of highly right here on the forums many times. Now I see a bunch of negativity.

Like you said, she's a step in the right direction, and one RP fans should not dismiss.

McCain just turned this election on it's ear. I'll say it right here right now. Though I never thought I'd say it, I believe McCain just got my vote back. Now if Governor Palin can just get him to drop out of the race. :) Okay, I gotta run and hop into my flame resistant underwear.

Lovecraftian4Paul
08-31-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm going to be laughing hard at all the people fawning over Palin if the pregnancy cover up scandal explodes the next week or two...

Working Poor
08-31-2008, 05:13 AM
I think it doesn't matter who wins this election. What matters is that we remain aware and that we keep working to wake people up.

People are starting to wake up because of the economy we know it's going to be worse.

It is time to act locally and think global. Rally around and campaign for candidates who are working for liberty and freedom in your local elections. This is doable. Stay involved, stay alert stay free. You be the change you want to see in the world.

Truth Warrior
08-31-2008, 05:43 AM
For the Revolution to Continue, McCain/Palin Must Lose :p :rolleyes:

I categorically REJECT your bogus "McCain/Palin Must Lose" attempted "boxing" of the Revolution.

american.swan
08-31-2008, 05:45 AM
I think it doesn't matter who wins this election. What matters is that we remain aware and that we keep working to wake people up.

People are starting to wake up because of the economy we know it's going to be worse.

It is time to act locally and think global. Rally around and campaign for candidates who are working for liberty and freedom in your local elections. This is doable. Stay involved, stay alert stay free. You be the change you want to see in the world.

I agree.

nayjevin
08-31-2008, 06:44 AM
I'd rather roll the dice on whatever Change it is Obama intends to bring than suffer another 4 years of Neocon policies. FUCK THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both candidates answer to the same puppeteers

LibertyEagle
08-31-2008, 06:46 AM
Both candidates answer to the same puppeteers

+1

RonPaulFanInGA
08-31-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm going to be laughing hard at all the people fawning over Palin if the pregnancy cover up scandal explodes the next week or two...

Read this from a blogger on April 27, 2008:

http://www.polartrec.com/node/3944

Of course I had to check out the “Hottest Governor in the US” and quickly turned to see her pregnant (she has since had her baby) with bags and daughter in tote.

Read it all. It is good stuff.

Also this:

http://cathlete.net/palin_pregnant.jpg

I mean really. Daily Kos has sunk to a new low and people who believe what they're saying are complete and hopeless morons. For God's sake, the whole "faking pregnancy to cover up for daughter" thing is just a lifted plot line from 'Desperate Housewives'.

georgiaboy
08-31-2008, 08:54 AM
All you people who are taking this neocon bait are just being pwned.

Way to teach the Republicans a lesson. not.

If McCain had picked BJ Lawson (check his creds against Palin), coupled with policy talk and platform action keen to our ears, there might be a reason to reconsider.

Until then, though, we must remain vigilant and discerning and not be so easily bought & paid for.

Geesh.

PatriotOne
08-31-2008, 09:19 AM

I'm okay with that and furthermore I hope we ARE the reason the neocon Repukes lose. I will proudly wear that badge of honor. 2012 they will be catering to us, not marginalizing us. WE pick the next Republican candidate if they want to win the election in 2012 and if not, they can kiss the 2012 election goodbye also.

klamath
08-31-2008, 10:10 AM

It's as simple as that.

Barr/Root 2008

Though I somewhat agree on the theory, I do not agree that we need to have the democrats win big in congress. I have seen over the years it is a lot easyer to stop a piece of legislation than to get rid of it after it is enacted.
If Obama wins with a filibuster proof congress we will see at least several other huge federal programs enacted. I would like the Republicans to feel the sting of lossing the presidency but have the government deadlocked to prevent major enactments of social programs over the next 4 or 8 years.
Tell me the last program that was repealed once the people were on the tit?
Any program once implemented is nearly impossable to get rid of. Even Reagan with his huge mandate for smaller government could not get rid of one department.
If you keep insisting on a huge democratic win in all areas with this in mind I suspect your real motives.

Rhys
08-31-2008, 11:03 AM
you shouldn't even consider voting for mccain or obama. they shouldn't even be an option in your mind. if you don't vote for who should be president, you're part of the problem.

Peace&Freedom
08-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Though I somewhat agree on the theory, I do not agree that we need to have the democrats win big in congress. I have seen over the years it is a lot easyer to stop a piece of legislation than to get rid of it after it is enacted.
If Obama wins with a filibuster proof congress we will see at least several other huge federal programs enacted. I would like the Republicans to feel the sting of lossing the presidency but have the government deadlocked to prevent major enactments of social programs over the next 4 or 8 years.
Any program once implemented is nearly impossable to get rid of. Even Reagan with his huge mandate for smaller government could not get rid of one department.
If you keep insisting on a huge democratic win in all areas with this in mind I suspect your real motives.

If we get McCain, we will have massive new social programs anyway. Guns and butter, remember? The welfare-warfare state support both ends of each other, where more war spending gets 'negotiated' with the 'opposition' via an agreement to get more domestic spending, and vice versa. If anything the Bush experience has taught us (where spending and programs increased even under a fully GOP-controlled government), it is that whatever and whenever the CFR establishment wants something, it gets it regardless of the party in power, and regardless of the opposition.

The immediate priority of the Revolution is to get at least some Paul type people (those who have the same positions as expressed on the Paul slimjims) into office to act as successors to Paul, who is 73 now. Beyond that is the goal of dominating American politics, perhaps beginning with the Republican Party, to the point of getting Paul or a successor elected President, by as early as 2012 (assuming there will be another election). Yes, there should be some contingency planning in case McCain does win, but we should be under no illusions that the easiest route to dominating the GOP comes from anything other than a McCain defeat, from which a party power vacuum can result.

georgiaboy
08-31-2008, 12:41 PM

I do wonder exactly how much pain the Republican party and the average American voter will have to endure to get them to wake up and truly begin to scale back the federal government with votes and actions. I'm afraid it may have to be much more than you and I would like to imagine.

You're correct about gov't programs and history. Is this trend reversible? That's what I'm hoping, and that's why we're expending all our energies, correct?

You can suspect my motives all you like (that's only reasonable behavior on any forum such as this), we agree fundamentally, it's just a matter of severity. And never have I nor would I recommend voting Democrat or neo-liberal. Check my postings, I'm an RP Rebublican. The only way to get the message and goals moving forward is Republican, Libertarian, or another classically liberal, true conservative movement such as this.

FreeTraveler
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
It does not matter one bit who wins. The result will be the same.
Well, not exactly.

McCain wins - the cities burn in protest.

Obama wins - a year later, in protest of Obama failing to deliver on even one of his campaign promises - the cities burn.

Think local economy for the next few years, and be prepared to assist with the rebuild after FedGov collapses.

Man, I wish I was joking.

SeanEdwards
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm okay with that and furthermore I hope we ARE the reason the neocon Repukes lose. I will proudly wear that badge of honor. 2012 they will be catering to us, not marginalizing us. WE pick the next Republican candidate if they want to win the election in 2012 and if not, they can kiss the 2012 election goodbye also.

Exactly. That's why McCain must lose badly. If RP republicans defect the GOP en masse and can claim credit for sinking McLame, then that gives us power and influence.

Electing McCain will destroy any influence RP has on the GOP.

jbuttell
08-31-2008, 02:37 PM

You could be right georiaboy. It's just that I can't agree with those that propose we gamble, or play a game.

Our Politicians do this constantly, a little give and take - with the promise that a little compromise will push things in the 'right' direction. I believe a core component of Ron Paul's message is not to compromise - as this is precisely what has brought us to the sorry state of affairs we're at today.

What you and some others are proposing (I believe you suggested supporting Obama) is like trying to do some controlled burning in a forest rather than cutting down a few trees. What happens if you loose too much control - if the fire spreads too far. Unintended consequences, blowback. Do you want to look back at your actions in a few years and say "Well, my intentions were good, this isn't what I meant to happen."

I believe we should never support these two candidates, regardless of what we think *might* happen. We must stop playing their game.

.jeremy

georgiaboy
08-31-2008, 02:54 PM

What you and some others are proposing (I believe you suggested supporting Obama) is like trying to do some controlled burning in a forest rather than cutting down a few trees. What happens if you loose too much control - if the fire spreads too far. Unintended consequences, blowback. Do you want to look back at your actions in a few years and say "Well, my intentions were good, this isn't what I meant to happen."

I believe we should never support these two candidates, regardless of what we think *might* happen. We must stop playing their game.

.jeremy

wasn't me...

From post #67 above,

... And never have I nor would I recommend voting Democrat or neo-liberal. Check my postings, I'm an RP Rebublican. The only way to get the message and goals moving forward is Republican, Libertarian, or another classically liberal, true conservative movement such as this.

nbhadja
08-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Maybe all you 50 year olds out there find her hot but I don't at all.

hypnagogue
08-31-2008, 04:05 PM
It's more than a little disgusting how readily some people gobble up this meaningless pandering that is Sarah Palin. If you seriously think her selection as VP does anything to change what the McCain administration will be, you're utterly clueless. Old habits die hard, eh Republicans?

gaazn
08-31-2008, 04:10 PM
If the GOP loses in an electoral landslide, they will have their bases covered because palin being on the ticket will be used to discredit the fiscal conservative/Western GOP wing. That could hurt the Revolution.

georgiaboy
08-31-2008, 04:51 PM
If the GOP loses in an electoral landslide, they will have their bases covered because palin being on the ticket will be used to discredit the fiscal conservative/Western GOP wing. That could hurt the Revolution.

If they're that deluded, maybe, but i'm thinking it'll be easy enough to see that the conservative base either stayed home or voted third party. If anything, the resulting analysis will be, and should be, that the GOP ticket wasn't conservative enough.

PatriotOne
08-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Exactly. That's why McCain must lose badly. If RP republicans defect the GOP en masse and can claim credit for sinking McLame, then that gives us power and influence.

Electing McCain will destroy any influence RP has on the GOP.

It really is that simple isn't it? If we start rolling around with those pigs the only thing we will get is dirty. There is no compromise with the neocons....only cons.

VoteForRonPaul
08-31-2008, 06:26 PM
For the Revolution to Continue, McCain/Palin Must Lose
For the revolution to continue, 9/11 must be re-investigated!
Get those criminals behind bars and the road for the revolution will be wide open!

Lovecraftian4Paul
08-31-2008, 06:33 PM

That doesn't fly with me. Vice Presidents usually don't get much attention by the broader part of the US public. They don't win or lose elections. The main candidates do. Using that logic is like saying Obama losing will be due to Biden, and the old establishment wing of the Democrats will be discredited.

Kalifornia
08-31-2008, 06:38 PM
that is simply not true. people are very slowly starting to come around. We dont have to hand the country over to the worse of two evils to make a difference.

PatriotOne
08-31-2008, 07:18 PM
that is simply not true. people are very slowly starting to come around. We dont have to hand the country over to the worse of two evils to make a difference.

Get over the left right paradigm already. They are both stooges of the same freaking people. There is no lessor of two evils.

jbuttell
09-04-2008, 02:03 AM
wasn't me...

From post #67 above,

I apologize for the misunderstanding.