PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Baldwin will be the Surprise Speaker!

V4Vendetta
08-30-2008, 03:08 AM
I received his campaign email last night.

"The Rally promises to be “the most spirited and provocative political event of the year”. Headlining the event will be NBC’s Tucker Carlson, 2006 Academy of Country Music Female Vocalist of the Year, Sara Evans, Texas Congressman and former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul, former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, former California Congressman Barry Goldwater Jr. and November’s Third Party Option- Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin (www.Baldwin08.com)."

http://www.baldwin08.com/

Morerockin
08-30-2008, 03:12 AM
I hope it's him and not the closet neocon Barr

bucfish
08-30-2008, 03:13 AM
well great

robert4rp08
08-30-2008, 04:43 AM
'The Ron Paul Rally for the Republic is just days away. We have just received word that John McManus, president of The John Birch Society, will be speaking at 2:50 pm during the Rally, Tuesday, September 2, in Minneapolis.'

MRoCkEd
08-30-2008, 05:53 AM
He's a sponsor so maybe he will just have a booth

Morerockin
08-30-2008, 05:59 AM
'The Ron Paul Rally for the Republic is just days away. We have just received word that John McManus, president of The John Birch Society, will be speaking at 2:50 pm during the Rally, Tuesday, September 2, in Minneapolis.'

Where can we confirm that?

Danke
08-30-2008, 07:34 AM
He's a sponsor so maybe he will just have a booth

I believe that is the case.

Indy Vidual
08-30-2008, 07:51 AM
No!!!!!!!!!!
Baldwin is a theocratic person.
He should not be allowed on stage at a freedom fest!

acroso
08-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Baldwin favors states rights and decentralized government and freedom from the state.

Just because he's religious doesn't mean he's bad.

heath.whiteaker
08-30-2008, 09:05 AM
I received an email from him a few days ago stating he would be speaking at the event.

MRoCkEd
08-30-2008, 09:06 AM
I received an email from him a few days ago stating he would be speaking at the event.
:confused:

heath.whiteaker
08-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Colossal Event Challenges GOP To Stop Acting Like Dems

Sold-Out MN Rally “Shadow Convention” Slaps RNC Over Move To Left

Grand Rapids, MI: The sold-out Rally for the Republic (www.campaignforliberty.com) will be held September 2, 2008 at the Minneapolis, MN Target Center (www.targetcenter.com), just miles from the Republican National Convention. This historic event will highlight the widespread dissatisfaction with the Republican Party’s ideological shift away from Constitutional, limited-government principles.

The Rally promises to be “the most spirited and provocative political event of the year”. Headlining the event will be NBC’s Tucker Carlson, 2006 Academy of Country Music Female Vocalist of the Year, Sara Evans, Texas Congressman and former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul, former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, former California Congressman Barry Goldwater Jr. and November’s Third Party Option- Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin (www.Baldwin08.com).

GOP delegates and alternates to the Republican National Convention have been offered free tickets to te three-day event.

The Rally for the Republic, sponsored by the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty, is billed as “a clear call to the Republican Party to return to its roots of limited government, personal responsibility, and protection of our natural rights”.

The event will run in conjunction with the first two days of the Republican National Convention and will feature top conservative speakers, musicians, and organizations.

Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin will be at the Rally along with Constitution Party Founder Howard Phillips. Phillips, former Director of the U.S. Office of Economic Opportunity for President Nixon, and Founder and Chairman of the Conservative Caucus will address the rally at 12:55 pm, September 2.

Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin, 56, is a Florida pastor, radio talk show host, and columnist. He was the Constitution Party's 2004 vice presidential candidate. He campaigned for Congressman Ron Paul ad has been signled out by Paul for his constitutionally-correct stand on the issues.

The Baldwin campaign is on course to welcome Ron Paul followers once it becomes official at the Republican National Convention that Paul will not be on the November ballot.

Baldwin and Constitution Party vice presidential candidate Darrell Castle, an attorney and Marine Viet Nam combat veteran, are being considered the “antidote” to “Big Box” party candidates Obama and McCain as more voters express unhappiness with both parties.

“Everywhere we go on our campaign stops we hear people say, ‘I’m afraid of Obama and don’t trust McCain”, said Baldwin, recently endorsed by three time New York Times best-selling author Jerome Corsi, Ph.D.

Corsi’s latest best-seller “Obama Nation” follows best-sellers “The Late, Great U.S.A; the Coming Merger with Mexico and Canada” and “Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry”.

The Constitution Party is the fastest growing and largest third party based on voter registration (Ballot Access News).

You are a recipient of the Baldwin Insider because you've signed up with the Chuck Baldwin '08 campaign for updates and news. If you've received this email by accident, or no longer wish to receive updates, you can unsubscribe here.

As you can see, big events are happening, and more are coming up. New promotional videos are in production. Campaign signs are being sent to supporters daily! Various phone lines across the country are ringing nonstop, information being given out by volunteers to interested people who have heard some of Chuck's message of freedom and a return to Constitutional government. More volunteers are joining steadily. The campaign has two months still to go, and we need your donations to keep going strong! Please contribute right now, either through the easy donation form on our website or by mailing a check to PO Box 131, Palmyra NJ 08065.

acroso
08-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd like to see Paul endorse Baldwin.

I think he'd lose his seat on the banking committee, but f he can't explicitly endorse him he needs to do everything he can to rally his supporters to Baldwin.

JS4Pat
08-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Baldwin favors states rights and decentralized government and freedom from the state.

Amen - jeesh nobody's tent in this movement should be so small that there is not room for someone like Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr for that matter...

slacker921
08-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Colossal Event Challenges GOP To Stop Acting Like Dems

Sold-Out MN Rally “Shadow Convention” Slaps RNC Over Move To Left

Grand Rapids, MI: The sold-out Rally for the Republic (www.campaignforliberty.com) will be held September 2, 2008

Sold out? .. hmmm.. . the little ticket counter at the top of the page must be wrong because it's still showing less than 10,000.

Roxi
08-30-2008, 09:33 AM
damn i was hoping for like jack cafferty or john stossel.... not that ill be there but hey

heath.whiteaker
08-30-2008, 09:35 AM
damn i was hoping for like jack cafferty or john stossel.... not that ill be there but hey

cafferty is a jackass.

acroso
08-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I dont care for Barr lol. He's better than mccain but i doubt id vote for him.

ManyMylesHolmes
08-30-2008, 09:52 AM
The "Constitution" party - a name I think nobody should try to claim, but that's another argument - has historically been shite on drug policy, no?

I would hope that no pro-prohibition speakers would be on the stage, even if they don't intend to discuss that issue. This is really non-negotiable for the overwhelming majority of the CFL folk it seems. Sure is for me.

heath.whiteaker
08-30-2008, 10:04 AM
The "Constitution" party - a name I think nobody should try to claim, but that's another argument - has historically been shite on drug policy, no?

I would hope that no pro-prohibition speakers would be on the stage, even if they don't intend to discuss that issue. This is really non-negotiable for the overwhelming majority of the CFL folk it seems. Sure is for me.

and that is your first post?

ManyMylesHolmes
08-30-2008, 10:29 AM
....huh?

Indy Vidual
08-30-2008, 12:02 PM
If someone wants to question the fact the CP is Theocratic, then you need to look at their website.

heath.whiteaker
08-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Why would I care about a party that is labeled as Theocratic? I won't be voting for Barr for sure. I know he is a closet neocon just waiting for the perfect chance to come out. Where as Baldwin campaigned for Ron Paul heavily. Did Barr do anything for the campaign?

The Lantern
08-30-2008, 01:46 PM
I received his campaign email last night.

"The Rally promises to be “the most spirited and provocative political event of the year”. Headlining the event will be NBC’s Tucker Carlson, 2006 Academy of Country Music Female Vocalist of the Year, Sara Evans, Texas Congressman and former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul, former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, former California Congressman Barry Goldwater Jr. and November’s Third Party Option- Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin (www.Baldwin08.com)."

http://www.baldwin08.com/

I hope this is incorrect. Baldwin should not be allowed to speak unless other candidates are allowed to speak. I thought they weren't going to invite Baldwin or Barr because it would send the wrong message. I will not go if they are going to highlight candidates.

RickyJ
08-30-2008, 01:49 PM
He will be there but won't be speaking. He has a booth.

0zzy
08-30-2008, 01:52 PM
He will be there but won't be speaking. He has a booth.

speaking at his booth. ;)

Indy Vidual
08-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Why would I care about a party that is labeled as Theocratic? I won't be voting for Barr for sure. I know he is a closet neocon just waiting for the perfect chance to come out. Where as Baldwin campaigned for Ron Paul heavily. Did Barr do anything for the campaign?

It is more than a label, they actually are Theocratic.

acroso
They should ban Barr supporters from the convention.

They should have to attend the GOP We are all Georgians convention.

V4Vendetta
No!!!!!!!!!!
Baldwin is a theocratic person.
He should not be allowed on stage at a freedom fest!

interesting choice of words.
A theocracy is unconstitutional. It really pisses me off when I hear people say this.

V4Vendetta
08-30-2008, 02:24 PM

Baldwin has said time and time again he says the states should deal with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZ2retiNdk

mudhoney
08-30-2008, 03:22 PM
<Insert obligatory and exaggerated Barr/Baldwin rant here>

Seriously. It's getting annoying, all these hit and run posts in any thread that involves a hint of Bob Barr or Chuck Baldwin.

Matt Hawes
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Chuck Baldwin is a great guy and awesome to work with, but he will not be speaking at the Rally. The Constitution Party is a sponsor and will be treated accordingly, but Dr. Baldwin will not be in the speaker's lineup.

Our lineup is set and everyone speaking is listed on rallyfortherepublic.com (except for the special guest slot).

Matt

phixion
08-30-2008, 10:00 PM
The only thing to make this rally perfect would be for Ron Paul to use it as a platform to announce his run for president.

It would seem an utter waste, otherwise. Pointless.

Pete

preserveourliberties
08-31-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey, Ron Paul would be the first to say that it's a free country and you should vote your conscience. The next President is probably going to be McCain or Obama, and we know that they both take their orders from "the establishment" or whatever you want to call them. So as long as we stand up against them, we win the moral victory even if we don't elect a President.

I plan to vote for Baldwin myself.

LibertyEagle
08-31-2008, 06:32 AM
The only thing to make this rally perfect would be for Ron Paul to use it as a platform to announce his run for president.

It would seem an utter waste, otherwise. Pointless.

Pete

Are you attending the training? That alone is enough reason for the Rally. We all need to learn how to be effective in fighting the political fight.

HonestyInMedicine
08-31-2008, 01:30 PM

Chuck Baldwin was here in Charleston, SC recently and I caught him on a local Cable news show. He was GREAT! If RP endorses him I will defintely vote for him. He seems almost 100% aligned on the issues with RP. He sounded like a younger version of Ron Paul along with being a little more relaxed and very likable. He says he often has "this dream where I am the President and have appointed Ron Paul as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve". Then I think he added "to phase it out".

Jamsie 567
08-31-2008, 02:25 PM
If that is a surprise then no more surprises HAHAHA.