PDA

View Full Version : Palin a Buchananite!

Throwback280s
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Very quickly. Remember when Pat Buchanan ran a number of hard-right, fringe campaigns for president in the late 1980s, 1990s and 2000? Well, guess who was supporting him:

From an AP report in 1999:

"Pat Buchanan brought his conservative message of a smaller government and an America First foreign policy to Fairbanks and Wasilla on Friday as he continued a campaign swing through Alaska. Buchanan's strong message championing states rights resonated with the roughly 85 people gathered for an Interior Republican luncheon in Fairbanks. … Among those sporting Buchanan buttons were Wasilla Mayor Sarah Palin and state Sen. Jerry Ward, R-Anchorage."

In fact, a very committed Buchananite Buchanan himself told me he was thrilled by the choice, saying as soon as I mentioned it: "It's great for the base. I'm pretty sure she's a Buchananite!"

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/jstreet/350730/sarah_palin_buchananite

America First foreign policy = non-interventionism!

That means as late as 2000, she was championing non-interventionism and federalism.

I'm not voting for McCain... but hell, I sure hope she doesn't get corrupted by McCain and neo-conservatism. If so, we might have a fast ticket to having the best president in almost 100 years in 2012 if McCain retires.

SLSteven
08-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Very quickly. Remember when Pat Buchanan ran a number of hard-right, fringe campaigns for president in the late 1980s, 1990s and 2000? Well, guess who was supporting him:

From an AP report in 1999:

"Pat Buchanan brought his conservative message of a smaller government and an America First foreign policy to Fairbanks and Wasilla on Friday as he continued a campaign swing through Alaska. Buchanan's strong message championing states rights resonated with the roughly 85 people gathered for an Interior Republican luncheon in Fairbanks. … Among those sporting Buchanan buttons were Wasilla Mayor Sarah Palin and state Sen. Jerry Ward, R-Anchorage."

In fact, a very committed Buchananite Buchanan himself told me he was thrilled by the choice, saying as soon as I mentioned it: "It's great for the base. I'm pretty sure she's a Buchananite!"

That means as late as 2000, she was championing non-interventionism and federalism.

I'm not voting for McCain... but hell, I sure hope she doesn't get corrupted by McCain and neo-conservatism. If so, we might have a fast ticket to having the best president in almost 100 years in 2012 if McCain retires.

Is McCain losing it?

Nirvikalpa
08-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Your last statement made me laugh my butt off. Thank you.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/hahaha-024.gif

I'm not voting for McCain... but hell, I sure hope she doesn't get corrupted by McCain and neo-conservatism.

dawnbt
08-29-2008, 07:07 PM
He probably picked her to try to take back our votes.:rolleyes:

Throwback280s
08-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Your last statement made me laugh my butt off. Thank you.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/hahaha-024.gif

Reagan and Bush Sr. were totally at odds on a host of ideological views if memory serves me correct. If she stays mum on foreign policy and doesn't compromise her views and go along with the war wishing...we might have hope.

Imperial
08-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Wow, this is surprising considering this applies to Buchanan's independent Reform Party run in 2000.

She went up a bit in my book, but not enough for my support.

RideTheDirt
08-29-2008, 09:12 PM
I would definitely vote for her! If instead Paul was the nominee not McLame. Sorry GOP, you fucked up.

Indy4Chng
08-29-2008, 09:27 PM
I just saw a clip on CNBC on how she said how dispicable it would be if we were fighting a war in Iraq over oil, putting her son in harms way... when we have plenty of resources here. I like here more and more each day. Just wish I could switch McCain for Paul.

PaleoForPaul
08-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Is McCain losing it?

McCain has said some bad things about Buchanan in the past. He couldn't have known this...

Buchanan claimed on air that Sarah was a fundraiser for him in Alaska during his 1996 Republican run. James Carville on CNN claimed she endorsed Buchanan in 2000. That sounds like a stretch since Buchanan was running reform, but it's quite possible.

Palin comes across as a real conservative. Not a Ron Paul Conservative, but still a very genuine conservative.

Flash
08-29-2008, 09:35 PM
This Palin doesn't seem to be that bad. May be the GOP is trying to conservative-up a little more.

Pete
08-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Palin sure munched McSame's shorts in her acceptance speech today. It's hard to tell what her politics are, and she may be playing a very deep game.

Hey, can anyone tell me why McCain is considered a 'maverick'? Does he wear plaid pants with a blazer to Christmas parties, or what? :)

Lovecraftian4Paul
08-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Palin would be great--if she weren't running with McCain. Whatever her real beliefs, she sold out and is willing to roll over for this murderous neo-con.

0zzy
08-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Palin would be great--if she weren't running with McCain. Whatever her real beliefs, she sold out and is willing to roll over for this murderous neo-con.

Maybe she know he'll die and she can take over. A double agent, if you will.

Cali4RonPaul
08-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Palin may have been a BuchanaCon.. But she sold her soul and is now a NeoCon.

Throwback280s
08-30-2008, 06:34 AM
Its a little too early to cry neocon. Neo-conservatism is a specific ideological committment to seeing a global democratic revolution instituted by military force. We don't have any statements of hers saying such rhetoric yet. Let us hope at most she is a pragmatic semi-interventionist that can adopt a humble foreign policy if she ever runs for president or push McCain himself in that direction.

Cali4RonPaul
08-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Its a little too early to cry neocon. Neo-conservatism is a specific ideological committment to seeing a global democratic revolution instituted by military force. We don't have any statements of hers saying such rhetoric yet. Let us hope at most she is a pragmatic semi-interventionist that can adopt a humble foreign policy if she ever runs for president or push McCain himself in that direction.

Bah.. Those of us in the know have credible evidence that she is the following:

34th Degree Free Mason
New World Order Grand Empress
911 Co-Conspirator
Neo-Conservative
Big Government Lobbyist
Bohemian Club Honorary Member
Rothschild Family Alaskan Rep.
Trotskyite
NAU Co-Conspirator
BP Oil Alaskan Lobbyist
Alaskan Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America Co-chairwoman
Zionist Agent
CFR Western Regional Chapter Leader
&
Hockey Mom, Mother of 5.

Sandra
08-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Palin may have been a BuchanaCon.. But she sold her soul and is now a NeoCon.

Last night you were singing her praises, why the 180?

Throwback280s
08-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Must've been one of those one night stands

Cali4RonPaul
08-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Last night you were singing her praises, why the 180?

I am now one of you Sandra, Im a NeoPaulicon what Can I say, you put up a pretty good argument.

amy31416
08-30-2008, 07:39 AM
I am now one of you Sandra, Im a NeoPaulicon what Can I say, you put up a pretty good argument.

:p:D

angelatc
08-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey, can anyone tell me why McCain is considered a 'maverick'?

Because he doesn't hesitate to sell out the GOP if it means a political gain for him personally.

angelatc
08-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Bah.. Those of us in the know have credible evidence that she is the following:

34th Degree Free Mason

Free Masons don't allow women, although Co-Masons do.

Andrew-Austin
08-30-2008, 08:35 AM

Thats cool, but just yesterday she was beating the neocon Iran war drum.

DAFTEK
08-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Thats cool, but just yesterday she was beating the neocon Iran war drum.

I'd say anything too just to get into the party, then burn the place down :p

jacmicwag
08-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Palin started small in Alaska then burned the place down (state GOP). Maybe she can do the same in DC.

Throwback280s
08-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Please provide the link to her Iran war comments you're referring to

DAFTEK
08-30-2008, 10:50 AM
please provide the link to her iran war comments you're referring to

+1776

Gadsden Flag
08-30-2008, 12:00 PM
I like her, but she doesn't really match McCain's policies if you ask me. I don't know why he picked her.

familydog
08-30-2008, 12:03 PM

Everyone keeps talking about the system corrupting her or the system taking advantage of her.

Maybe she is the one taking advantage of the system. She gets on the inside and in 2012 she runs on a Buchanan/Paul platform. :D

Andrew-Austin
08-30-2008, 12:26 PM
She gets on the inside and in 2012 she runs on a Buchanan/Paul platform. :D

Not likely after shes been following along with McCain's neocon platform for four years. Just saying, keep an eye out and expect power to change her. Don't vote for McCain based on that hope alone and say I didn't warn you.

Please provide the link to her Iran war comments you're referring to

It was just her acceptance dance with McCain the other day, look it up. Rhetoric towards the non-Iranian threat.

RSLudlum
08-30-2008, 12:31 PM
I forsee quite an interesting article coming from The American Conservative in the very near future. ;)

And on the subject of Buchanan, here's a good interview from a couple of weeks ago with Buchanan discussing the Georgian conflict on Antiwar.com

http://dissentradio.com/radio/08_08_15_buchanan.mp3

familydog
08-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Not likely after shes been following along with McCain's neocon platform for four years. Just saying, keep an eye out and expect power to change her. Don't vote for McCain based on that hope alone and say I didn't warn you.

It was just her acceptance dance with McCain the other day, look it up. Rhetoric towards the non-Iranian threat.

I'm not voting for McCain. Palin did not change my vote.

But does it really matter about her support for some of McCain's positions? I mean, this movement is willing to accept Bob Barr's sudden conversions on dozens of issues at the drop of a hat, so all she needs to do is say she has changed and she is golden.

In any case, she is miles better than McCain. We all know the decision to pick Palin was purely political and not because she agrees with a lot of his positions. There are plenty of Republican dark horses out there that are good political choices and are lock step with the Bush/McCain policies. Yet they didn't get chosen. I'm not willing to trash her (or any candidate for that matter) for cheap political gains. But I will say that I'm skeptical as to whether she is a true neocon.

haaaylee
08-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Move On.org just sent me an email that included this to make her look bad:

"She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000. "

jclay2
08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
You guys do know, she is a neocon! She seemed pretty happy when talking about shipping her son off to Iraq. Thats enough to make me sick!

0zzy
08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
You guys do know, she is a neocon! She seemed pretty happy when talking about shipping her son off to Iraq. Thats enough to make me sick!

calm the f' down. she doesn't control her son, stop acting like you know the definition of a neocon cause you clearly do not.

Andrew Ryan
08-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Move On.org just sent me an email that included this to make her look bad:

"She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000. "
Wow...

RockEnds
08-30-2008, 04:21 PM
The McCain campaign is claiming Palin did not support Buchanan in 2000.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/08/mccain-camp-den.html

McCain-Palin campaign spokesman Michael Goldfarb writes: "Governor Palin has never worked for any effort to elect Pat Buchanan -- that assertion is completely false. As Mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin did attend an event with Mr. Buchanan in her home town where reports described her wearing a Buchanan for President button. She wore the button as a courtesy to Mr. Buchanan and in an effort to make him feel welcome during his visit, but immediately sent a letter to the editor of her local paper clarifying that the button should not have been interpreted as an endorsement of any kind."

LittleLightShining
08-30-2008, 04:22 PM
So, what? You would rather have someone who you don't agree with on anything as VP just because you don't like McCain? I don't, either, but she comes across as genuine and principled and if that's who McCain picked, good for us. I'm not voting for them, but I think this is a good thing, not a bad one. Somehow MCain or the GOP leadership realized that conservatives are a strong force and must be appeased. Again, this is a GOOD thing.

familydog
08-30-2008, 04:23 PM
The McCain campaign is claiming Palin did not support Buchanan in 2000.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/08/mccain-camp-den.html

Can anyone find that letter?

Is she going to wear an Obama button when they meet to extend a simple courtesy?

RockEnds
08-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Can anyone find that letter?

Is she going to wear an Obama button when they meet to extend a simple courtesy?

lol. Maybe. I'm not really sure the truth matters at this point, however. She is disassociating herself from any support she may have given to Buchanan.

itshappening
08-30-2008, 08:26 PM
she has sold out, she is a total neocon who cheers about her son going to war, USA! USA! USA!