PDA

View Full Version : Video from Texas Straw Poll

ScotTX
09-01-2007, 08:22 PM
This is not the video I wanted to see, but interesting... I was inside all day and didn't know any of this was going on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YDnWT4gCJSE

BLS
09-01-2007, 08:34 PM
WTF

That's Bullshit

Mr. White
09-01-2007, 08:35 PM
They were late... sucks, but them's the rules.

BLS
09-01-2007, 08:37 PM
If they were late, why were they letting others in the door???

Don't play by the rules....one thing.
Make rules up as you go...that's F'd up

Mr. White
09-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Because the others were registered already?

UtahApocalypse
09-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Holy crap that is bullcrap. They sent the confirmations with the 10am time and then locked them out!!!

UtahApocalypse
09-01-2007, 08:41 PM

The confirmation letter shows 10am..... Not BEFORE 10am, just 10am.

Shink
09-01-2007, 08:43 PM
It's certainly okay for straw poll organizers to extend the allotted time for FRED THOMPSON VOTERS. Hmmm...what's the difference here?

Mr. White
09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Sigh, here:

This was not a "registration start time" issue. There was documentation with each registration/application packet that stated that any delegate that registered after 10am would not be allowed to vote. It wasn't real prominent, but it was there.

I was told by someone that had been in the registration area when the controversy occurred, that the delegates were eventually allowed in, but still were not allowed to vote. Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

lynn

guntherg16
09-01-2007, 09:02 PM

And the rules are liable to change at any time.

Mr. White
09-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow, let me repost it for you.

This was not a "registration start time" issue. There was documentation with each registration/application packet that stated that any delegate that registered after 10am would not be allowed to vote. It wasn't real prominent, but it was there.

I was told by someone that had been in the registration area when the controversy occurred, that the delegates were eventually allowed in, but still were not allowed to vote. Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

lynn

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Whomever, put that packet together should be fired. From what that guy showed on the video, it said 10 a.m. It didn't say that was the cutoff time. If I saw something like that, I would have thought that was when I was supposed to ARRIVE.

If they did have some kind of statement elsewhere like Lynn says they did, it should have been noted on the 1st page.

rodent
09-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I am furious from watching this video.

Regardless, I am thanking all who showed up and took that video. You guys make me proud.

Derek Johnson
09-01-2007, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIh_2cun_xE

Here's my footage from today [Ft. Worth TX straw poll], I'll post some interviews with non-Paul people later.

ScotTX
09-01-2007, 11:40 PM
That's good stuff.

walt
09-02-2007, 01:45 AM
You people need to wake up.

If you think anything will be handled fairly - you're a fool.

Thomas Jefferson
09-02-2007, 02:55 AM
Those people should have raised a hellstorm until they got their way, or knocked that guy to the ground and walked in.

If you let them take away your rights, they will. They can't always be reasoned with.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 06:15 AM
Those people should have raised a hellstorm until they got their way, or knocked that guy to the ground and walked in.

If you let them take away your rights, they will. They can't always be reasoned with.

Yeah, and great publicity that would have made. Ron Paul street thugs injure security guard at GOP event. Details at 10.

I keep hearing different versions of the situation on here. Lynnf was there and said that there WAS a statement in the packet that 10:00 was the cutoff time. Perhaps we should all check that, before we run off acting like a bunch of hoodlums or whiners. bent on creating a "hellstorm".

ScotTX
09-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Right, Liberty. That bus should have been there earlier. If you want to blame someone, blame the bus driver. Besides, there were only about 12 delegates that got turned away so the outcome would have been the same anyway. Ron Paul may not have gotten the numbers, but he still won the day.

Brasil Branco
09-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Right, Liberty. That bus should have been there earlier. If you want to blame someone, blame the bus driver. Besides, there were only about 12 delegates that got turned away so the outcome would have been the same anyway. Ron Paul may not have gotten the numbers, but he still won the day.

First hand accounts state that 12 delegates were turned away every ten minutes for about three hours.

ScotTX
09-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I was inside the hall from 9:00 - 1:00 so I don't know what happened outside and I didn't hear anything about this until I got home and read about it on here. The fact is, though, that everyone else's supporters were registered and in the hall by 10 like they were supposed to be. Let's not make ourselves look like sore losers here that can't show up to an event on time. Look on the bright side, they can't say we're at 2% anymore.

speciallyblend
09-02-2007, 09:03 AM
don't worry about it,let the republican party make their own bed.We can keep spreading Ron Paul's message,if the republican party chooses not to nominate Ron Paul then they will lose and i will not cry for them.My Vote for Republican Ron Paul is just that,if he doesn't get it then the republicans will not win the next election,might sound rude but its a fact and if the republicans have their head in the sand then SO BE IT Ron Paul 2008