PDA

View Full Version : I got a front page in the Tennessean giving the Liberty reaction to Obama's speech!

BarryDonegan
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
The full quote I submitted was

"The coverage of Obama's speech tonite would have benefitted from an on-screen cost-o-meter for the buffet of entitlements and military intervention he was promising on the tax-payer dime. He parroted the police-the-world foreign policy of George W. Bush and Bill Clinton with hard-line stances against Iran and supporting Georgia's random attack on South Ossetia. While he claimed he would cut taxes, he conditioned it by indicating that these cuts would only be for "95% of Americans". Barack Obama, based on his speech tonight, clearly doesn't understand how corporate taxation gets passed on to the poor via consumer price inflation. He made no apology in his speech for his votes in support of reauthorizing George Bush's Patriot Act, giving immunity to telecoms in the FISA Bill, or for voting to fund the disastrous Iraq occupation. Barack Obama's Democrat home-styled rags-to-riches rhetoric sounded more like Clinton and George W. Bush than the reformer he claims to be."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=DN&Date=20080828&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=830001&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=4

theres a link to the on-line component of what I submitted, the front page of the paper, which is Nashville's biggest newspaper, included a brief quote and a pic, with a full description on page 4 with an indication that I consider myself Libertarian.

strapko
08-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Nice job dude.

BarryDonegan
08-29-2008, 12:06 PM
thanks!

yall should smother that mug with traffic so the Tennessean knows what time it is.

Liberty = traffic.

let the market decide.

powerofreason
08-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Great!

TastyWheat
08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Good work. Exposure like this is what the movement needs. It doesn't cost a dime to email comments to the editor.

BarryDonegan
08-29-2008, 01:05 PM
in this situation they actually contacted our local libertarian party and requested a comment, i got very aggressive with getting them a proper res photo and getting the comments to them minutes after the speech. I'm hoping if we can show better traffic on the online edition, they will continue to contact us for an opinion.

we have been very aggressive with press releases and have begun an aggressive outreach via different groups such as the Outright Libertarian's group, and I'm sure with the Ron Paul hype they are looking to keep some of that mentality in the fold.

I'm happy that they are letting the Liberty Movement get some language in there and comment on major stories.

since they included the domestic policy comments, I'm sure any TN republicans who are reading it would probably also identify with the criticisms of obama that I included. Since they don't have that much of a voice in middle tennessee, this will probably result with them reading it and having a positive identification with libertarianism.

Arklatex
08-29-2008, 01:34 PM
nice

ItsTime
08-29-2008, 03:10 PM
great! I just posted that at a few place. Nice job

BarryDonegan
08-29-2008, 04:03 PM
thanks!