PDA

View Full Version : Maryland results??

speciallyblend
09-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Anyone heard? 3rd place in Texas is great news:P) way to go texas;)

tekkierich
09-01-2007, 07:20 PM
No results yet. The State Fair and straw poll voting goes until Labor Day Monday.

All MARYLAND Ron Paul Supporters you have two days left to vote!!!

Sematary
09-01-2007, 11:00 PM
No results yet. The State Fair and straw poll voting goes until Labor Day Monday.

All MARYLAND Ron Paul Supporters you have two days left to vote!!!

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a big victory

zhughes315
09-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Myself and three others are heading up to vote tomorrow. :)

tekkierich
09-01-2007, 11:10 PM
great! I encourage you to be friendly with the Republican party staff and take a look at some of their petitions. The booth is to the rear middle of the exhibition hall.

speciallyblend
09-02-2007, 12:54 AM
The Country is watching,Ron Paul is kicking ass ,keep up the great work.

MSM will be forced to cover him,or they will look really bad,well in my eyes they have always looked bad.
They will have to save their ass and cover Ron Paul the biggest political story in modern history;)

hvac ak47
09-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know the results?

Richie
09-03-2007, 07:24 PM

Not yet. They'll probably announce them some time tomorrow.

remaxjon
09-03-2007, 09:10 PM

I was there today and the guys from the state GOP told me tomorrow or wednesday and they will post the results on the states GOP website. I worked the booth just about all day and I would say Dr Paul got over 30% of the votes.

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 03:52 AM
still wanting to know,i hope Ron Paul did well

inibo
09-04-2007, 05:48 AM
No results yet. They will probably be posted here:
http://www.mdgop.net/News/

BrianH
09-04-2007, 06:56 AM
I was there today and the guys from the state GOP told me tomorrow or wednesday and they will post the results on the states GOP website. I worked the booth just about all day and I would say Dr Paul got over 30% of the votes.

All the other GOP straw polls announced the results with hours of the closing of voting. There was some delay in Iowa as the Diebold scanners missed some votes and did not match the total of paper ballots so they had to be hand counted.

What's the deal with Maryland? About how many were there?

It seems suspicious that they'd delay the announcement for so long especially given the concerns raised in Texas about pencils being used instead of pens for marking the ballots!

Richie
09-04-2007, 08:20 AM
All the other GOP straw polls announced the results with hours of the closing of voting. There was some delay in Iowa as the Diebold scanners missed some votes and did not match the total of paper ballots so they had to be hand counted.

What's the deal with Maryland? About how many were there?

It seems suspicious that they'd delay the announcement for so long especially given the concerns raised in Texas about pencils being used instead of pens for marking the ballots!

I can understand the delay. I voted there, and I can tell you - the voting method was very primitive (not that there's anything wrong with that). It was just paper ballots that you dropped into a box. Nothing electric. When I placed my ballot in the box, I noticed that it was quite full. This was Saturday (fair closed Monday), so it was probably even more full when the fair closed. All of that hand counting might take a little longer.

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 09:15 AM
To be honest,i registered republican,but that doesnt mean i trust them.Who oversees the hand count.i have natural doubt.A Note to GOP people,americans kinda like the word sh*t before they like hearing the word republican.If people wonder why they have distrust in the system mention the word republican and democrat. I hope Ron Pauls wins but like i said i dont trust the national gop or the state. hopefully the gop will prove me wrong but i still doubt.

Starks
09-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I called and the woman said the results should be released tomorrow because they underestimated the overall turnout.

Richie
09-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I called and the woman said the results should be released tomorrow because they underestimated the overall turnout.

Told ya. ^_^

jimvrp
09-04-2007, 02:07 PM
We'll be counting the ballots tonight -- should have the results by 10pm. I'll try to remember to post them here. I'll be posting results on the Catonsville meetup also, and I'll phone the results in to a contact I have who will be working at RP HQ tonight.

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 05:44 PM
We'll be counting the ballots tonight -- should have the results by 10pm. I'll try to remember to post them here. I'll be posting results on the Catonsville meetup also, and I'll phone the results in to a contact I have who will be working at RP HQ tonight.

I work an overnight shift,so ill be waiting to see those maryland polls:) I called to but i didnt hear tonight,but i called early this morning;)

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-04-2007, 05:48 PM

So there will be oversight at least during the counting, it sounds.

Starks
09-04-2007, 05:51 PM
So, wait, we're going to have results from an insider before the official announcement?

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 06:23 PM
It seems Ron Paul WON outright there was a correction on rudolfs count RON PAUL WON ANOTHER ONE WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

jimvrp
09-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Here are the results:

Ron Paul - 263 (28%)
Rudy Giuliani - 220 (24%)
Fred Thompson - 188 (20%)
Mitt Romney - 89 (10%)

John McCain - 54 (6%)
Mike Huckabee - 35 (4%)
Tom Tancredo - 16 (2%)
Sam Brownback - 12 (1%)
Duncan Hunter - 3 (0%)

Write Ins:
New Gingrich - 17 (2%)
Bob Ehrilich - 3 (0%) (Ehrlich is former Republican Governor of MD)
Other - 11 (1%)

Spoiled ballots - 15 (2%) (e.g. voted for more than one candidate)

Total votes cast - 926

Corydoras
09-04-2007, 07:20 PM
OOOOOOOO-WEEEEEE!
Yes!

Richie
09-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Yay! I'm actually surprised. I wasn't expecting us to get first. But we did! :D

remaxjon
09-04-2007, 08:02 PM
hells yeah

inibo
09-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Hurray for us!

LibertyEagle
09-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow!!

jjschless
09-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Great News!!

zhughes315
09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
My vote for Ron Paul in this straw poll felt like the most meaningful of any vote in my life. I love this man!

catwoman
09-04-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm originally from Maryland. For what my father called "the 2nd most communist place in the world" to go for Ron Paul is truly a miracle.

Richie
09-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm originally from Maryland. For what my father called "the 2nd most communist place in the world" to go for Ron Paul is truly a miracle.

Amen to that. I live in Maryland and can confirm this.

Triton
09-04-2007, 08:25 PM
They were not checking ID and they were allowing high-school students to vote. Sorry - this one doesn't have credibility as far as I am concerned.

Mister Grieves
09-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Sorry - this one doesn't have credibility as far as I am concerned.

You mean as opposed to the absurdly difficult to vote in one in Texas this weekend?

This win is a good thing.

Triton
09-04-2007, 08:36 PM
You mean as opposed to the absurdly difficult to vote in one in Texas this weekend?

This win is a good thing.I never said I didn't want Paul to win. It is self-delusional to say that the Maryland Straw poll meant anything. It did not, and I voted in it and I voted FOR Ron Paul.

Mister Grieves
09-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I voted in it and I voted FOR Ron Paul.

God bless you, and keep up the good work.

See you at the primaries!

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 08:44 PM
They were not checking ID and they were allowing high-school students to vote. Sorry - this one doesn't have credibility as far as I am concerned.

Most in high school are 18 if seniors,so don't be negative the fact is Ron Paul did win. did you check to see if they were seniors?

Triton
09-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Most in high school are 18 if seniors,so don't be negative the fact is Ron Paul did win. did you check to see if they were seniors?Of course they weren't!!!! They weren't even checking ID!!!!!!

amonasro
09-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Of course they weren't!!!! They weren't even checking ID!!!!!!

In my book, an educated 16 year old vote means more than an uneducated 30 year old's. If these young people are interested in voting for RP then they obviously understand something about politics... or they want legal weed :cool:

catwoman
09-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I was watching one of the cable news channels earlier today, don't remember which one and it doesn't matter they are all the same. Anyway, they were talking about some candidates campaign and how it was talking to high school students. They said that was stupid because high school students can't vote.

I've got news for them, some can. Some are already 18 years old and some will be 18 by the election in Nov of '08. So it definitely is not stupid to be talking to high school students (juniors and seniors). It might not be the best use of time, but it certainly isn't a waste of time.

Zydeco
09-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Winnah. WINNAH!!!!

Triton
09-04-2007, 08:57 PM
In my book, an educated 16 year old vote means more than an uneducated 30 year old's. If these young people are interested in voting for RP then they obviously understand something about politics... or they want legal weed :cool:And that is great that they have an interest in Politics - but thinking that just because Paul won this particular straw poll means that he will take Maryland in the primary or general election is nuts. Maryland is full of ignorant sponges who only ONLY vote for liberal poverty pushers.

catwoman
09-04-2007, 09:02 PM
And that is great that they have an interest in Politics - but thinking that just because Paul won this particular straw poll means that he will take Maryland in the primary or general election is nuts. Maryland is full of ignorant sponges who only ONLY vote for liberal poverty pushers.

I assume that you would feel the same no matter who won the MD straw poll.

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
And that is great that they have an interest in Politics - but thinking that just because Paul won this particular straw poll means that he will take Maryland in the primary or general election is nuts. Maryland is full of ignorant sponges who only ONLY vote for liberal poverty pushers.

did you check his id i looked 16 when i was 19,i'm just curious if you checked their ids to see what age they were? it doesnt sound like it,where did you get the 16 number did you see his id?

inibo
09-04-2007, 10:42 PM

I for one am not taking this straw poll to indicate Ron Paul will win the Maryland primary election. He will win the primary in Maryland because I see no enthusiasm for any other Republican candidate among Republicans. People who are not fired up about the choice the "settle" on--be it Romney, Giuliani or Thompson--because they are being told to by their TVs, not because they believe in him, are not going to show up for the primary election. We, on the other hand, are going to turn out in force.

Once Ron Paul wins the nomination his message will have the same effect on the general electorate that it did on all those people among us who include "I was never involved in politics until I discovered Ron Paul" in their introductions.

Apathy will work in our favor for the primary elections; apathy will disappear when he has the ear of the country.

Zydeco
09-05-2007, 04:03 AM
I never said I didn't want Paul to win. It is self-delusional to say that the Maryland Straw poll meant anything. It did not, and I voted in it and I voted FOR Ron Paul.

Hmm, why'dja bother to vote in it if it doesn't mean anything? :D

It means a lot. I've lived most of my life in Maryland and can confirm that the state is beautiful but most of the people in Montgomery and PG Counties are big government stooges. Hell, most of them WORK for the Federal government directly or indirectly.

Ozwest
09-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Anybody out there understand how Ron Paul is going to win this election? The 30% of the diminishing Republican base are the hard core neo-con, religious-right brigade. Most sane people are leaving the Republican Party in droves. Unfortunately, as Ron Paul has stated, in a two party system, an independent candidate for President is not viable. Most supporters bite their tongue, as Ron Paul does,and play the game. The political heartland of the Republican Party has already shown their contempt for Ron Paul and his supporters. The results of the Maryland poll indicate where the votes are! Take a look in the mirror.

Triton
09-05-2007, 06:11 AM
I assume that you would feel the same no matter who won the MD straw poll.If you're trying to make the case that I am hoping someone else will win, you are wrong. And yes, I would feel the same way no matter who won.

Triton
09-05-2007, 06:12 AM
did you check his id i looked 16 when i was 19,i'm just curious if you checked their ids to see what age they were? it doesnt sound like it,where did you get the 16 number did you see his id?My son is under 18 and he voted, and the nice lady at the booth told me that students can vote.

Triton
09-05-2007, 06:13 AM
Hmm, why'dja bother to vote in it if it doesn't mean anything? :D If I had known before I hunted for the tiny little booth for a half hour, I probably would not have.