PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: GOP could delay convention if Gustav hits

truthrewards
08-28-2008, 11:12 PM
McCain feels that they should delay convention!

GOP could delay convention if Gustav hits (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/gop-could-delay-convention-if/story.aspx?guid={2BA4C91A-EDF7-4581-BA0F-17F926B4AE0A})

pacelli
08-28-2008, 11:14 PM
He's not afraid of Al Qaeda, and will follow Bin Laden to the gates of hell (I don't doubt this will happen), but he's afraid of rain and wind?

I think they fear the wind of liberty 8 miles down the street.

truthrewards
08-28-2008, 11:15 PM
That is crazy.

Here is the story:

GOP could delay convention if Gustav hits
By Russ Britt, MarketWatch
Last update: 12:16 a.m. EDT Aug. 29, 2008

DENVER (MarketWatch) -- The Republican Party may hold off on its national convention next week if Tropical Storm Gustav turns into a hurricane and strikes the Gulf Coast, a spokesman for presumptive presidential nominee John McCain said Thursday.

Gustav was gaining momentum off the coast of Jamaica and headed on a trajectory toward New Orleans, which was hit three years ago Friday by Hurricane Katrina. If it strikes the Gulf Coast by Monday, that would occur right as the GOP is convening its quadrennial gathering in St. Paul, Minn., on the heels of the Democratic convention this week.

Party officials presumably don't want to be holding what is normally a celebration at a time when Gulf Coast residents may be evacuating their homes for the second time in three years.

"Sen. McCain has always been sensitive to national crisis - in the 2000 race he postponed his announcement [to run for the presidency] because of the situation in the Balkans - and we are monitoring the situation very closely," McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds said.

Bounds said there is a possibility the convention could be postponed but said: "I have no specifics to announce."

In Washington, the White House indicated it, too, is watching the weather, given that President Bush is scheduled to speak on the convention's opening night on Monday. Spokesman Tony Fratto said in an email message, "There is no change to the president's schedule at this point."
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who has been mentioned as a potential McCain running mate, has already announced he would skip the convention if the hurricane hits land over the weekend.

End of Story

RickyJ
08-28-2008, 11:19 PM
I think they fear the wind of liberty 8 miles down the street.

Why should they? The press won't cover it except to say negative things about Ron Paul and his supporters. The GOP doesn't fear Ron Paul or his supporters. They fear the same people the Democrats fear, the elite.

Crickett
08-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Why should they? The press won't cover it except to say negative things about Ron Paul and his supporters. The GOP doesn't fear Ron Paul or his supporters. They fear the same people the Democrats fear, the elite.

I believe they do fear us. They fear our existence because it is growing. It is a shame if they back out, because we plastered ST. Paul with signs that would freak them out. In fact, I think that is why they want to cancel..

pacelli
08-28-2008, 11:28 PM

You know what? You've changed my mind about this whole thing. Thanks for the re-education :)

cindy25
08-29-2008, 12:07 AM
this has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

what does a storm in NO have to do with Minnesota.

Indy Vidual
08-29-2008, 02:06 AM
...what does a storm in NO have to do with Minnesota.
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who has been mentioned as a potential McCain running mate, has already announced he would skip the convention if the hurricane hits land over the weekend.

...also, this is an excuse to try to delay a dull, boring convention.
If McCain gets sick (sicker) then perhaps the GOP will consider a better candidate.

Eric21ND
08-29-2008, 02:18 AM
McCain is a pussy. I say we rally regardless what day they decide to do their dick tuck.