PDA

View Full Version : How many people wern't allowed in?

DjLoTi
09-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok.. so we all know busses of RP TX delegates wern't allowed in.. how many though? I searched to posts but couldn't find out.

Remember, these straw polls are really only for us political junkies. So, as a political junkie, I'd like a more accurate reflection of the support for RP

wgadget
09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
What, he needed approximately 60 votes to take second?

How many people per bus?

Wendi
09-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I've been away from the 'net and tv all day. What busses weren't allowed in? When? Where? How many...???

DjLoTi
09-01-2007, 06:53 PM
A bunch of people wern't allowed in because they showed up at 10AM. The website said registration started at 10AM, but at the actual event it said between 7-10AM, so a bunch of people wern't allowed in. I wanna know how many. I'm sure we all do.

spiteface
09-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Where did people see on the website that it said registration started at 10? People keep saying that but all the websites I've seen say it started at 7am.

wgadget
09-01-2007, 07:07 PM
The website I saw didn't list a TIME at all, just a date....Hm.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, me neither gadget. I saw NO times on the website at all. I thought that was very weird to not tell people when they needed to be there.

wgadget
09-01-2007, 07:13 PM
http://txgop.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=Straw_Poll_Home

wgadget
09-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I wonder what the Texas Phone Callers told people...?

spiteface
09-01-2007, 07:23 PM
My mistake, I went back and looked at the sites I could remember looking at and they said Registration started at 7am on the 31st NOT today. In any event can anyone verify a site with 10am listed for today?

constituent
09-01-2007, 07:25 PM
how many more of these damned straw polls are they gunna drag us through?

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 07:31 PM
The Houston bus was supposed to arrive at 8:30.

-----------------

* Houston: Carrier: Coach America Houston Division - Charter ID 8633; Movement ID: 12191 (55 passenger coach) Pick Up:
o Place: 5310 South Rice Blvd., Houston, TX 77081 (Sam's Club parking lot -- Hwy. 59 and Loop 610 - southwest Houston)
o Time: Saturday, 9/1/07 - 4:30 AM
* Drop Off:
o Place: Fort Worth Convention Center, 1201 Houston Street, Fort Worth TX -- see maps provided - drop off on Commerce Street near Exhibit Hall Annex for registration
o Time: around 8:30 a.m. (this allows time for pit stops, refreshments, etc. or any emergency -- to get registered by 9:15 and inside the hall.)
* Return:
o Place: same as Drop Off
o Time: around 3:00 p.m.
* Day ends: arrive back in Houston around 7:30 PM

0zzy
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
The Houston bus was supposed to arrive at 8:30.

-----------------

* Houston: Carrier: Coach America Houston Division - Charter ID 8633; Movement ID: 12191 (55 passenger coach) Pick Up:
o Place: 5310 South Rice Blvd., Houston, TX 77081 (Sam's Club parking lot -- Hwy. 59 and Loop 610 - southwest Houston)
o Time: Saturday, 9/1/07 - 4:30 AM
* Drop Off:
o Place: Fort Worth Convention Center, 1201 Houston Street, Fort Worth TX -- see maps provided - drop off on Commerce Street near Exhibit Hall Annex for registration
o Time: around 8:30 a.m. (this allows time for pit stops, refreshments, etc. or any emergency -- to get registered by 9:15 and inside the hall.)
* Return:
o Place: same as Drop Off
o Time: around 3:00 p.m.
* Day ends: arrive back in Houston around 7:30 PM

They left at 430 and arrived at 10! And then rejected! ARE YOU NUCKIN KIDDING ME!

lynnf
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
My mistake, I went back and looked at the sites I could remember looking at and they said Registration started at 7am on the 31st NOT today. In any event can anyone verify a site with 10am listed for today?

This was not a "registration start time" issue. There was documentation with each registration/application packet that stated that any delegate that registered after 10am would not be allowed to vote. It wasn't real prominent, but it was there.

I was told by someone that had been in the registration area when the controversy occurred, that the delegates were eventually allowed in, but still were not allowed to vote. Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

lynn

Mr. White
09-01-2007, 07:39 PM
This was not a "registration start time" issue. There was documentation with each registration/application packet that stated that any delegate that registered after 10am would not be allowed to vote. It wasn't real prominent, but it was there.

I was told by someone that had been in the registration area when the controversy occurred, that the delegates were eventually allowed in, but still were not allowed to vote. Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

lynn

Thank you.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 07:46 PM
It's a bummer, because that might've made the difference between a 2nd and 3rd place finish. 2nd would have been much better. heh

ladyliberty
09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I still think the driver was paid to go slowly to the event - if y'all planned to be there at 8:30 am - what caused a whole 1 1/2 hour delay - a leisurely pit stop at Denny's???

stevedasbach
09-01-2007, 08:18 PM
I just watched the video of the confrontation at the door. There were no more than a dozen people. It sucks that they weren't allowed to vote, but they wouldn't have been enough to move Ron Paul into second place.

constituent
09-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Sorry, but those were the rules and they were published. As I stated in another thread, the party powers-that-be play hardball.

chit mayn, that ain't hardball. hardball's a rock in the face. are our nation's 'leaders' really that spineless that these little ninny games count as hardball?

is this how far we've fallen?

Cowlesy
09-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I just watched the video of the confrontation at the door. There were no more than a dozen people. It sucks that they weren't allowed to vote, but they wouldn't have been enough to move Ron Paul into second place.

Every single vote counts - I know you weren't implying that, but there is a dangerous multiplier effect when people think, "Well 1 more vote isn't going to make a difference"---when you multiply that thinking by 2, 5, 1000 people, it can move elections.

The rules are the rules, and they stunk. In the end I believe the fundraising totals are what really counts, as Ron Paul grassroot'rs outraised the whole Texas GOP --- HAH I LOVE that.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
It was fair. The bus shouldn't have been late.

Douglass Bartley
09-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Every single vote counts - I know you weren't implying that, but there is a dangerous multiplier effect when people think, "Well 1 more vote isn't going to make a difference"---when you multiply that thinking by 2, 5, 1000 people, it can move elections.

The rules are the rules, and they stunk. In the end I believe the fundraising totals are what really counts, as Ron Paul grassroot'rs outraised the whole Texas GOP --- HAH I LOVE that.

I agree. And the delegates excluded might have had an influence on the other delegates.