PDA

View Full Version : RNC Nevada GOP Decision

Imperial
08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Nevada Decision (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hcFVs8s4_5WST3fFqigXLUYV5zvQD92RGGC00)

Basically, they surprisingly called the Nevada GOP inept, and didn't let the grassroots have a voice. And, that they couldn't select delegates arbitrarily.

However, they are pushing a "compromise" delegation, that will seat 4 or so Ron Paulites...

Indy4Chng
08-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Nevada Decision (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hcFVs8s4_5WST3fFqigXLUYV5zvQD92RGGC00)

Basically, they surprisingly called the Nevada GOP inept, and didn't let the grassroots have a voice. And, that they couldn't select delegates arbitrarily.

However, they are pushing a "compromise" delegation, that will seat 4 or so Ron Paulites...

That suprising... seems somewhat reasonable... would have like a few for Paulites... but better than expected.

UtahApocalypse
08-28-2008, 02:58 PM
"The compromise list included at least four backers of Paul" emphasis added

So how many does McCain get that he would NOT have got had the convention proceeded. This is no compromise, its a flipping dog bone and they still get the meat :(

AJ Antimony
08-28-2008, 03:06 PM
I have a feeling that even if "the McCain people" win, "the Ron Paul people" will still keep fighting and will fight for their seats at the convention.

kombayn
08-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Screw that, they should fight for all the delegates. They were going to win a majority, they should rightfully be allowed to go to Minnesota.

Fyretrohl
08-28-2008, 03:08 PM
The Committee on Contests wrote that it "rejects any process to select delegates and alternate delegates that restricts party grass-roots activists from participating in that process, as appears to be the case here."

Now, can we just get them to say they saw this happening elsewhere? SHEESH!!!

acroso
08-28-2008, 03:09 PM
I'd prefer to see them all thrown out.

pauletteNV
08-28-2008, 03:14 PM
emphasis added

So how many does McCain get that he would NOT have got had the convention proceeded. This is no compromise, its a flipping dog bone and they still get the meat :(

you made here. Here's the press release from Wayne Terhune:

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RNC Labels NV Party “Inept,” but Seats Most of State-Appointed Delegation

MINNEAPOLIS, 8/28/08 – The RNC’s Committtee on Contests handed down a recommendation yesterday regarding the ongoing Nevada delegate debacle. The Committee condemned the State Party’s handling of the delegate selection process, and declined the State Party’s ability to appoint delegates. However, the Committee then recommended seating the majority of the State Party’s appointed slate, as well as six delegates elected in CD 1 and CD 3 at the April 26th State Convention.

“We definitely do not consider this a just resolution,” said Wayne Terhune, a Nevada Republican activist who traveled to Minneapolis to support the appeal. “Despite some strong language from the Committee, their actions have backed up the illegal delegate appointment of the State Party.”

The Committee on Contests held a hearing on Sunday, August 24th when they heard statements from both sides. The Committee’s statement released on Wednesday called the Nevada GOP’s handling of the delegate selection process “flawed, inadequate, and unacceptable,” adding that they were “deeply troubled by the ineptness of the State Party in conducting its process to elect delegates […].”

“This game seems to have been fixed from the start,” Terhune said. “It was obvious to everyone at the Committee’s hearing that the State Party was inept, but the Committtee decided to back them up anyway and seat the majority of their slate. This is a miscarriage of justice, and smacks of tyranny. All the Republican voters of Nevada have been disenfranchised. ” END

Those who were guilty of the ineptness should be asked to step down from their roles within the NV GOP, imo.

UtahApocalypse
08-28-2008, 03:16 PM
you made here. Here's the press release from Wayne Terhune:

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RNC Labels NV Party “Inept,” but Seats Most of State-Appointed Delegation

MINNEAPOLIS, 8/28/08 – The RNC’s Committtee on Contests handed down a recommendation yesterday regarding the ongoing Nevada delegate debacle. The Committee condemned the State Party’s handling of the delegate selection process, and declined the State Party’s ability to appoint delegates. However, the Committee then recommended seating the majority of the State Party’s appointed slate, as well as six delegates elected in CD 1 and CD 3 at the April 26th State Convention.

“We definitely do not consider this a just resolution,” said Wayne Terhune, a Nevada Republican activist who traveled to Minneapolis to support the appeal. “Despite some strong language from the Committee, their actions have backed up the illegal delegate appointment of the State Party.”

The Committee on Contests held a hearing on Sunday, August 24th when they heard statements from both sides. The Committee’s statement released on Wednesday called the Nevada GOP’s handling of the delegate selection process “flawed, inadequate, and unacceptable,” adding that they were “deeply troubled by the ineptness of the State Party in conducting its process to elect delegates […].”

“This game seems to have been fixed from the start,” Terhune said. “It was obvious to everyone at the Committee’s hearing that the State Party was inept, but the Committtee decided to back them up anyway and seat the majority of their slate. This is a miscarriage of justice, and smacks of tyranny. All the Republican voters of Nevada have been disenfranchised. ” END

Those who were guilty of the ineptness should be asked to step down from their roles within the NV GOP, imo.

I hope they push this more at the credentials committee. as someone else said I rather have NO delegates then McCain get even 1 of his illegally picked ones.

puppetmaster
08-28-2008, 07:44 PM
sad but true...oh well, are any of us disillusioned any more that this is a free country and our government is not corrupt. This is a battle that we cannot stop fighting.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
nt

Badger Paul
08-28-2008, 11:40 PM
The national party said the state party was inept. I think that should shut up the Chuck Muths and other licksplittles who've complained about the Paul forces.

RickyJ
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
sad but true...oh well, are any of us disillusioned any more that this is a free country and our government is not corrupt. This is a battle that we cannot stop fighting.

To stop fighting would be to accept slavery. Freedom isn't free and must continually be fought for every time tyrants raise their heads.

pauletteNV
08-29-2008, 07:51 AM
The national party said the state party was inept. I think that should shut up the Chuck Muths and other licksplittles who've complained about the Paul forces.

Somehow I doubt very much that we will see it mentioned by the pro NV GOP bloggers. I don't notice Cap'N Jack swinging by to acknowledge the ineptness of the NV GOP either. No, you see, so far in the long run, they have gotten what they wanted...those delegates. Yes, they took a wrist slapping, but now somehow we have got to take that public acknowledgement and use it.

Brian Defferding
08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Awesome. Glad to see Paul's campaign wreaking havoc for the Straight Talk Express.

UtahApocalypse
08-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Somehow I doubt very much that we will see it mentioned by the pro NV GOP bloggers. I don't notice Cap'N Jack swinging by to acknowledge the ineptness of the NV GOP either. No, you see, so far in the long run, they have gotten what they wanted...those delegates. Yes, they took a wrist slapping, but now somehow we have got to take that public acknowledgement and use it.

Exactaly, they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and mom still let them eat the cookie.