PDA

View Full Version : Sean Parnell, Don Young's opponent(RP Endorsee) on iraq

BarryDonegan
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I thought i would make a new topic about this to bring to the attention of the RPF what I found as far as Parnell, Don Young's opponent, on the Iraq War

"Q. What do you think should be done about the Iraq war?

A. I support Iraq in becoming capable of governing itself. And then, two, give our troops and their families the equipment and support they need to accomplish the front end of that mission. And, finally defeat al-Qaida in Iraq so that leads to a stable, democratic country there."

this seems to me to be a glaring reason why ron paul would not support him for congress.

BarryDonegan
08-28-2008, 12:53 PM
another quote about parnell

"Parnell agrees that Iraq has become a problem for the United States, but also says that his trip taught him that a U.S. withdrawal could be just as disastrous as staying"

gls
08-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I was concerned about the Young endorsement until I saw that huge warmongerer Eric Dondero was pushing for this Parnell guy, so in all likelihood he is even worse.

BarryDonegan
08-28-2008, 12:57 PM
with the proponderance of available evidence, i say we call the controversy on this pick closed.

you can be disappointed that ron paul endorsed don young over noone, although sean had a decent shot of winning and adding a +1 in the pro-war pro-patriot act column, so i see dr paul's reasoning, but you cannot possibly support ron paul endorsing sean parnell.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
If Eric Dumbdero supported Sean Parnell, than Ron Paul was wise to stay away from Parnell.