PDA

View Full Version : GOP might postpone convention.

Sarge
08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I hate to post anything from FOX but thought all should keep an eye out.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/28/gustav-threatens-gop-convention-plans/

Many have plans to leave shortly and I wanted all to know what might happen.

It would seem they can't wait long to make a decision before people have to leave for MN.

surf
08-28-2008, 12:31 PM
postpone it and hold another B-day party in Arizona for W and McWar.....

it worked well last time.

FindLiberty
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Think of the possibilities "The GOP bails - Ron Paul's perfect storm", etc....

http://www.hightidepromo.com/index.html

RickyJ
08-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Will Ron Paul postpone the Rally for the Republic too? This hurricane will take all politics off the news for a few days.

This couldn't happen at a worst time.

Dave
08-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I don't want a bad storm to hit ANYONE but what if this thing slams right into Ron Paul's congressional district?:eek:

Sarge
08-28-2008, 12:48 PM
A lot of people have money tied up in airline and hotel reservations.

Trying to re book flights will be a nightmare.

I would think they already had to pay for both convention centers.

It is going to be a major mess if they pull the plug. Those that put on the big parties have likely stocked up for the parties or will need to shortly.

This storm is not going to be good for anyone.

robert4rp08
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, how the hell do you postpone a convention in which many people have pre-arranged travel plans and time off work. Ridiculous.

LittleLightShining
08-28-2008, 12:51 PM
What better way to quash interest in the R4R than to postpone the RNC? The GOP has way more money than the CFL and they know Ron Paul won't go into debt.

It sounds to me like excuses. They're afraid of what the "most courageous" thing Ron Paul has ever done could possibly be.

robert4rp08
08-28-2008, 12:53 PM
By the way, my theory is that the GOP got whiff of the magnitude of the Paul factor and are using HAARP (http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/pandora/haarp.html) to conjure up a hurricane to delay the convention.

Hehe, just kidding. :D

Or am I? :confused:

Johnnybags
08-28-2008, 01:00 PM
thinks he'll get less free media, nothing else. If he thinks CNN and FOX will be all over the hurricanes instead, he'll postpone it. Maybe we can get more coverage from the straggler media there and fill the place with bored Republicans stuck with travel plans.

speciallyblend
08-28-2008, 01:06 PM
if the gop tries to cancel the convention, just MAKE SURE WE MAKE THE McCAIN/BUSH pick from KATRINA, GO VIRAL, and call the gop for it's BULLSHIT

Mister Grieves
08-28-2008, 01:11 PM
It sounds to me like excuses. They're afraid of what the "most courageous" thing Ron Paul has ever done could possibly be.
Is this in reference to something Ron Paul said he was going to announce during the rally?

BarryDonegan
08-28-2008, 01:16 PM
this would be great,if they cancelled it.

Jamsie 567
08-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Their not going to post pone. Do you have any idea how many people would tell the GOP to F%$K OFF. You don't do that to your most loyal people.

BarryDonegan
08-28-2008, 01:24 PM
kindof like you don't invite lieberman to speak at your convention, and you don't shut out delegates to candidates, and you don't open the borders to illegal immigrants.

i'm having a hard time finding a conservative who likes mccain.

acptulsa
08-28-2008, 01:28 PM
kindof like you don't invite lieberman to speak at your convention, and you don't shut out delegates to candidates, and you don't open the borders to illegal immigrants.

i'm having a hard time finding a conservative who likes mccain.

The Nevada convention was shut down in the middle. Saved the party hijackers a lot of headaches, after all. I mean, if you don't want to include the general public anyway, it doesn't take much of an excuse...

UtahApocalypse
08-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I posted some about this yesterday. It is extremely bad timing. I will post a hurrican update in about 2 hrs after reviewing all the 3'o clock data.

PatriotOne
08-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Actually it would give McCain a great excuse as to why only his family showed up for the convention ;)

RCA
08-28-2008, 02:30 PM
What better way to quash interest in the R4R than to postpone the RNC? The GOP has way more money than the CFL and they know Ron Paul won't go into debt.

What does the courageous comment mean?

UtahApocalypse
08-28-2008, 02:40 PM
A better... tracking now indicating that it should be a bit west of N.O. That still does not help this situation. Lafayette right now is looking to be center stage. Luckily though there is Marsh Island, and some swamp area which could bring down the strength quite a bit. Still too far out to hedge bets, we shall see.

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200807_5day.gif

LibertyCola
08-28-2008, 03:36 PM
could this be any better for the dems? mccain will get little news attention, and in the meanwhile obama will be roaming around new orleans "helping people" and looking presidential. disaster for the gop if you ask me. i hope they cancel so paul gets some attention.

LittleLightShining
08-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Is this in reference to something Ron Paul said he was going to announce during the rally?I just remember in an email he sent a while back about the R4R that it would be the most courageous event of his political career or something to that effect.

freelance
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Delegates cannot afford a second airfare, and they'll never find enough open hotel rooms, and the hotels will certainly not give them a break on the room rate on short notice.

This is going to be a disaster for the GOP. Couldn't happen to nicer folks.

Magsec
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Perhaps it is a sign from God.

SLSteven
08-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, how the hell do you postpone a convention in which many people have pre-arranged travel plans and time off work. Ridiculous.

They just declare it and strike the gavel like they did in Nevada.

AJ Antimony
08-28-2008, 04:31 PM
The only way the GOP postpones a convention is if Ron Paul has the majority of the delegates.

The Lantern
08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
The only way the GOP postpones a convention is if Ron Paul has the majority of the delegates.

I was under the impression that the convention would not be canceled. What they might cancel would be Bush's and Cheney's appearance at the convention, so Bush could look Presidential by helping any hurricane victims.

TXcarlosTX
08-28-2008, 05:33 PM
By the way, my theory is that the GOP got whiff of the magnitude of the Paul factor and are using HAARP (http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/pandora/haarp.html) to conjure up a hurricane to delay the convention.

Hehe, just kidding. :D

Or am I? :confused:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/carlosbucbuc/jesuit1.jpg