PDA

View Full Version : I have found the perfect form of government

LibertiORDeth
08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Monarchy. The only way for the world to be truly safe and happy is to be under a benevolent monarch, who has all power at his command, yet does not abuse it. And I have found the perfect candidate, seeing as how me being around him everyday gives me the best and most accurate opinion. I thus throw my hat in the ring and volunteer my services.

Roxi
08-27-2008, 08:48 PM
nice... all hail king luke

wait no, that wouldn't work, because i would have to be queen of any country ruled by monarchy... and my boyfriend would have to be king of that country, so maybe we can just buy a continent, and appoint kings and queens for each country

LibertiORDeth
08-27-2008, 08:49 PM
nice... all hail king luke

wait no, that wouldn't work, because i would have to be queen of any country ruled by monarchy... and my boyfriend would have to be king of that country, so maybe we can just buy a continent, and appoint kings and queens for each country

I can just appoint you Queen of North Atlantia (Thats Canada for those not in the know :cool:)

Roxi
08-27-2008, 08:58 PM
yes, yes that would be fine

pacelli
08-27-2008, 09:22 PM
And what about your lineage?

Andrew-Austin
08-27-2008, 09:35 PM
No such thing as a benevolent absolute ruler.

Edit: Except Bob Ross

RSLudlum
08-27-2008, 09:40 PM
No such thing as a benevolent absolute ruler.

King Luke, I believe, your benevolence, it would be in the best interest of a continued peace in Utopia to banish Andrew Austin. :p

Standing Like A Rock
08-27-2008, 09:42 PM
And what about your lineage?

well if the king is benevolent, he will teach his kids to be the same way, thus eliminating any problems :) and if one of his sons is just a bad apple for some reason, he can choose to just give the throne to another son. it makes sense to me.

i have also been thinking that the tyranny that we face today, is actually worse than the tyranny faced by the British crown up until the revolution. like they had a lot less rights violated and were not taxed as much as we are (no income tax and only relatively small taxes on goods)... yet they revolted because up until before that, there was not much of a problem with a monarchy (with parliament) and people were happy with it (the people in that country that is, as long as the monarch cared about his country). up until the british imposed their tyranny on the americans, crown basically was not involved at all, and that was why it seemed so bad to the americans that the crown was involved with them. so they revolted. but now today, we face a greater tyranny by a much greater government. however, we (americans in general) have grown used to the fact that the government is involved so much and just go along with it because they dont know any better.

the reason that the colonists noticed when the tyranny started was because the fact that it was a monarchy. they objected that one man should have so much power. therefore, when that monarch does get to powerful, it is human nature to have a revolution against that monarch. however, when our federal government started becoming a tyrant, people did not notice it because they thought that the government had the right to that power because of the way it is set up with different branches, representation, checks and balances, etc. this made people think that it was not a problem that the government had power since it was not all in one man's hands and thus they thought it was justified. and now, we are so used to the fact that the government is involved so much that we dont even notice the tyranny it has over us.

therefore, even though a republic is ideally the best form of government, a monarchy is better. a republic can grow in power and authority without the people doing anything about it while a monarchy cannot do the same without the people holding a revolution against that government.

note: wow... i just thought that all up as i was typing along so im sorry if it is not very fluent...

EDIT: you know what... im just gonna post a new topic with that.

RSLudlum
08-27-2008, 09:55 PM
therefore, even though a republic is ideally the best form of government, a monarchy is better. a republic can grow in power and authority without the people doing anything about it while a monarchy cannot do the same without the people holding a revolution against that government.

Lew Rockwell interview with Hans Hoppe about that very same arguement:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/podcast/?p=episode&name=2008-08-07_015_democracy_the_god_that_failed.mp3

ForWhichItStood
08-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Eh, I think anarcho-capitalism is more ideal.

Roxi
08-27-2008, 10:17 PM

agreed

Conza88
08-27-2008, 10:31 PM
"That Government is best, which governs not at all." ;)

brandon
08-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Monarchy. The only way for the world to be truly safe and happy is to be under a benevolent monarch, who has all power at his command, yet does not abuse it. And I have found the perfect candidate, seeing as how me being around him everyday gives me the best and most accurate opinion. I thus throw my hat in the ring and volunteer my services.

I saw an interesting quote written on the wall of a bathroom at a bar the other week.

One person wrote:

"If there is hope, it lies in the proles"
-George Orwell

Then underneath it another person wrote:

Orwell was an idiot. If there is hope it lies in a benevolent elite

LibertiORDeth
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM

If we have complete anarchy, someone will rise up, create an army, and enslave everyone else.
If we have a system like that of today, the government quickly devours the people, and we are controlled thus by an elite.
Minarchy or any other form of very limited government will bring about the same consequences as that above, but a little less quickly.
Then again a Monarchy would be the same today as the global elite will, since we would most likely not get a benevolent and somewhat fair ruler, as the age we live in IMHO indicates that any global control will turn out like AJs End Game.
But it might be better then government turning bad, so I am ready to say it now:
All or nothing.
- lukeownzu
:cool:

nate895
08-27-2008, 11:18 PM
I believe the perfect form of government is the one in the Kingdom of Heaven. God is perfect, therefore his Kingdom is perfect. Man is not perfect, and therefore, neither are any of his governments.

Standing Like A Rock
08-28-2008, 12:04 AM

well yes, on a global scale, yes... but in one country, that could not possible work

Truth Warrior
08-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Close but no cigar.<IMHO> Autarchy AKA self-government of the sovereign nation of one, is still my pick as best.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/autarchy