PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Tired of Inaction. Help NOW

skiingff
09-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I need volunteers to help me start e-mailing Meetup groups about getting Ron Paul TV ads on the air. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS RAISE THE FUNDING. That means if we get a member of a Meetup group willing to foot $1,000 by his/her self to put RP ads on TV say, TODAY, then I could give them the link to purchase the ads and the ads would be all over cable TV in their area in 2 weeks from now. They can choose their own dates, times, locations, and channels to air the ads on and make their own schedule. All they have to do is go to the ad agency's website by following a link I give them, create the ad schedule and Pay for it, and the ads will air. HOW SIMPLE IS THAT!?!? Please, please, I need volunteers to help me contact people about this!!! Also, we need to mention the Trick-or-Treat challenge, which will be a week (Oct 24-Oct 31) in which Ron Paul TV ads will be aired nationwide, in every major city in every state in this country.

Who can waste a few hours less online and help me? I'm calling you guys out. Do something rather than chit-chat. That's the problem. We have no name recognition. We have no real support. We have no people thinking large-scale. COME ON!!! We need to take drastic ACTION, I repeat ACTION, and I repeat ACTION to take back this country. There is NO reason why we can't flood every city in America with Ron Paul TV ads. No reason. Help me contact Meetup groups. Let's get this done and make Ron Paul our next President.

The TV ad is here:
http://www.spotrunner.com/Ads/Host/Play.aspx?cde=A1PK
The website is being changed to RonPaul2008.com. More TV ads are on their way and people should be able to choose between at least 2 different TV ads by the time their ads are due to air.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm still on the 30 day Meetup email shutout from emailing meetup groups for a previous ad. Sorry.

Thunderbolt
09-01-2007, 04:09 PM

Thunderbolt
09-01-2007, 04:11 PM

Givemelibertyor.....
09-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm still on the 30 day Meetup email shutout from emailing meetup groups for a previous ad. Sorry.

How does that work? Can you only send one email per month to all of the RP meetup groups?

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 04:21 PM
25 per month to the meetup organizers.

This is the reason I was harping a couple of weeks ago, about us needing some kind of tool that enabled us to fire out an email to ALL of the Meetup organizers, in one fell swoop. We need the organizers email addresses, since the email facility in Meetup in so limited. This is ridiculous.

skiingff
09-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I just donated $100 to the campaign. I don't have it to give. That is my action today. I didn't see anyone else joining me.

Right on. I personally have donated over $1,200 to the Ron Paul campaign THUS FAR and over $2,300 in TV ads THUS FAR. TV ads will begin airing to over 180,000 people in New Hampshire in 2 weeks thanks to my donations.

That means name recognition goes up.

What's the problem here? Name recognition. If just more people knew about Ron Paul...

skiingff
09-01-2007, 04:24 PM
NO ONE has an excuse. If your 25 emails are up, create a new account. All you need is a separate e-mail address to do so, it's not that hard.

I contacted 100 Meetup groups in one day a couple weeks ago. It's just that I don't want to take the whole campaign into MY hands. I'm going to start contacting too, but I can't do it by myself.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 04:35 PM
I will help you. But first, a couple of questions.

1. Is this the ad you have decided to go with? Wasn't it yesterday you had asked for input about whether to change the line from Kennedy? Please explain what is going on with this.

2. Is this ad you link to in high-res? I ask, because I don't want to be involved with pushing something that won't look good on TV.

3. Do I understand correctly that this ad is a temporary one, meant to fill the gap until the one we all voted on is produced? If that is correct, when is the other one expected to be available?

Depending on your answers, a memo needs to be developed that describes what this ad is and what you are suggesting they do. You mention in the 1st post about some kind of Halloween challenge. This is the 1st I've heard about it. If you expect them to participate in this, it also needs to be in the memo.

We need to develop a standard memo, here, that we all can use to communicate (i.e. email) the plan to the Meetup organizers.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Then, all the "individuals" who were naysaying about us needing a tool to communicate with the Meetup organizers, need to get their butts over here and help out!!

skiingff
09-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I will help you. But first, a couple of questions.

1. Is this the ad you have decided to go with? Wasn't it yesterday you had asked for input about whether to change the line from Kennedy? Please explain what is going on with this.
For now, yes. We will have until Sept. 10 to make any minor changes to it. The website change has already been submitted (to RonPaul2008.com). I had asked for suggested changes to the first line of the voiceover (the Kennedy quote), and Lord Xar came by and just pasted a whole bunch of 3-sentence long Ron Paul quotes and everyone else wasted my time as well, except there was one legitimate suggestion near the end of the thread when I last read it. I did not ask for 3-sentence long Ron Paul quotes and this and that, I wanted suggested voiceover changes.

2. Is this ad you link to in high-res? I ask, because I don't want to be involved with pushing something that won't look good on TV.
The ad was made professionally specifically for TV.

3. Do I understand correctly that this ad is a temporary one, meant to fill the gap until the one we all voted on is produced? If that is correct, when is the other one expected to be available?
Yes, but DjLoTi's contacts refuse to quote me anything under $10,000 to produce the ad, so I am currently looking at alternatives. I sure as hell can't afford 10k, and don't know anyone that can. Believe me, it's very stressful doing this stuff, I am relieved to even get 1 ad produced and ready-to-air. We just need airtime to air it.

Thunderbolt
09-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Thunderbolt
09-01-2007, 05:20 PM

happyphilter
09-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I really wish I could help but I cant. Im paying off 2 student loans while going to college and trying to work. All the money I get has to go to school. I do what I can with my spare time, but if I need A's and B's or else I lose a lot of financial aid.

Don't lecture people on what they aren't doing, you dot know the circumstances everyone faces. Just as long as people do what they can that should be fine.

Im handing out fliers and stickers to freshman all week so hopefully that gets a good response.

michaelwise
09-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Ron Paul believes ((insert) our troops should be brought home quickly), before the words the billions spent. I think this would make it perfect.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 05:30 PM
For now, yes. We will have until Sept. 10 to make any minor changes to it. The website change has already been submitted (to RonPaul2008.com). I had asked for suggested changes to the first line of the voiceover (the Kennedy quote), and Lord Xar came by and just pasted a whole bunch of 3-sentence long Ron Paul quotes and everyone else wasted my time as well, except there was one legitimate suggestion near the end of the thread when I last read it. I did not ask for 3-sentence long Ron Paul quotes and this and that, I wanted suggested voiceover changes.

Lord Xar was trying to give you alternatives for the Kennedy quote. That is all you said you would consider, as I recall, was changing the quote at the very beginning. I know a couple of people also took issue with the mention of "youth". Can I ask you how much it cost to produce this thing? Knowing that would probably help a lot.

The ad was made professionally specifically for TV.

Cool. It looks good.

Yes, but DjLoTi's contacts refuse to quote me anything under $10,000 to produce the ad, so I am currently looking at alternatives. I sure as hell can't afford 10k, and don't know anyone that can. Believe me, it's very stressful doing this stuff, I am relieved to even get 1 ad produced and ready-to-air. We just need airtime to air it.

I thought he said they would do it almost pro bono. Maybe 10K is. :confused: If the ad was going to be very good and send the message that we believe needs to be sent, I think we could raise the money.

I know it's stressful. Especially for one person to take it all on his back alone. I was one of the ones that worked on the Iowa ads and even though Xar bore the brunt of it, it was still stressful.

What you are doing is very valuable. Hang in there. I really do understand your frustration. Let's make sure we have a winner before we release it. Spending money to put out something that sends the wrong message, is not going to do us any good.

Are you really sure you want to go with this ad the way it is? I promised you I would help disseminate whatever memo you come up with and I will. But, I just wanted you to think about this for a minute.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 05:34 PM
We were able to bring in quite a lot of money for the last Ames ad by posting the request on The Daily Paul. The issue is that you almost have to have the ad for people to see, in order for them to be willing to shell out much money.

Skiing, have you talked to Dean (Lord Xar)? I ask, because since we have this 10K hurdle, if he was willing to get involved in this too, he might be comfortable putting his name on the line with this effort (new ad). People are somewhat familiar with him from the ads run thus far. That just might make them more willing to help shell out the money needed to produce the ad. Just a thought.

slantedview
09-01-2007, 05:42 PM

The suggested change for just the intro JFK quote from katao is pretty good I think.

skiingff
09-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I found myself feeling sorry for the troops and thinking you were attacking them ans saying that you shouldn't spend any money on them, but take it all away from them.
You're just being stupid. I didn't say anything at all like that. The ad doesn't say anything at all like that either. If you knew me, you'd know I'm in the military and would not do *anything* that would "attack the troops." Obviously you don't know me, you just want to criticize my work because you're pissed off that I'm calling out people for not helping.

I realize tons of people on here are doing a LOT, but there are others who are chit-chatting instead of taking action. Why?

Also, picking a quote from a Democrat to promote a Republican? I am sure, "our president" doesn't ring so true to the Republicans that were around then.
I didn't "pick" that quote. Again, you're just being stupid. You know nothing about me or how I got this done. And who cares who said it? Most people really don't care. Right now we're polling 3%, I wouldn't be worried about ANYTHING hurting us, especially a decent TV ad. We're hurting ourselves by not airing it.

Don't get me wrong. I am on your side. I believe everything you do, probably. I think this war was criminal. But, I am trying to look at this objectively. It makes Ron Paul look petty and mean and hateful towards the troops. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I was angry at Ron Paul at the end of the ad, not sure why.
You don't believe everything I do, obviously. By the way, Ron Paul is a veteran. Ronald Reagan said Ron Paul ALWAYS supports the troops and that we need to keep him fighting for our country. Plus, this ad says he voted against the war and thinks the money would be better spent elsewhere. So does 65% of America...

Look, I'm not being hateful, just put up or shut up is how I'm feeling today. I'm not lecturing. But instead of criticizing, just back me up on this.

I realize you rather imply I haven't donated $2300 to the campaign because I distrust it, but there are better things for you to do than criticize me dude.

Why is it your business what I have donated and why?

Cunningham
09-01-2007, 09:04 PM
You're just being stupid. I didn't say anything at all like that. The ad doesn't say anything at all like that either. If you knew me, you'd know I'm in the military and would not do *anything* that would "attack the troops." Obviously you don't know me, you just want to criticize my work because you're pissed off that I'm calling out people for not helping.

I realize tons of people on here are doing a LOT, but there are others who are chit-chatting instead of taking action. Why?

I didn't "pick" that quote. Again, you're just being stupid. You know nothing about me or how I got this done. And who cares who said it? Most people really don't care. Right now we're polling 3%, I wouldn't be worried about ANYTHING hurting us, especially a decent TV ad. We're hurting ourselves by not airing it.

You don't believe everything I do, obviously. By the way, Ron Paul is a veteran. Ronald Reagan said Ron Paul ALWAYS supports the troops and that we need to keep him fighting for our country. Plus, this ad says he voted against the war and thinks the money would be better spent elsewhere. So does 65% of America...

Look, I'm not being hateful, just put up or shut up is how I'm feeling today. I'm not lecturing. But instead of criticizing, just back me up on this.

I realize you rather imply I haven't donated $2300 to the campaign because I distrust it, but there are better things for you to do than criticize me dude.

Why is it your business what I have donated and why?

I wonder if the reason your not getting the help or anything is the ad isn't particularly good. People might be trying to save your feelings or some such. It's a free market of ideas around here. If it was a stellar commercial I'm sure you'd have the money coming to you and people hyped. It's a slick piece for sure, looks brilliant. I think the over all concept of the ad is generally flawed and lack luster. It's not really communicating to the audience why we love Ron Paul. It's not inspiring. I conceded that's not easy to accomplish in a 30 second ad, unfortunately, to be effective thats what you're going to need to pull off. You gotta make the equal of the ames ad, simple and emotionally, in a 30 second ad. I'm not sure what your background is but that's no easy feat to accomplish for a professional let alone a novice.

Look. I'm not trying to piss on your initiative or anything. Judging by your reactions so far I fear you might be unaccepting of critiques. If so, thats unfortunate. It tends to be the thing that's going to make you better. Being under the gun on a project like this is stressful for sure, I can understand that and maybe thats why your being so abrasive. Guilting people and insulting people, especially when asking for money, isn't going to get you much and it may get you over looked in the future.

CasualApathy
09-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't think the "Spotrunner" ad is any good.

Ron Pauls opposition to the war is not simply "to keep the soldiers out of harms way". Just to name a few things: He opposed it because it was unconstitutional and undeclared. He opposed it because he knew the chaos it would bring, and because of the cost.

The ad is simply no good. Not if it is to be "the one" pushed across america.
However, I haven't made a better ad myself, so i guess i have no right to critisize huh?

bbachtung
09-01-2007, 10:10 PM
I appreciate all of your hard work on this, but I agree with several of the posters that the ad isn't great. I realize that name recognition is important, but inspiring the people who will fund the ad is probably more important (because if you don't inspire them, then they won't donate to get the name out there).

I found the following website (http://www.cheap-tv-spots.com/options.html) which offers a 30 second commercial (including every aspect of production) for $1,999:

Rapid-Ad ™: They're FAST! They're CHEAP! They're IN CONTROL! A real VALUE. This one scares the heck out of the big agencies! Now our most popular Production Option. We take charge of the creative process for you. Great looking, better-than-local quality 30-second TV commercial. Cheaper than getting an ad made at most local TV stations, and a real cut above the rest in quality! PLUS we'll let the dogs out -- that's right, we'll utilize high-quality, professional "Lifestyle" footage to enhance the production value of your commercial, and utilize our trendy special effects to give it that high-dollar look. A lot of value -- for just a little money.

You get all the features of a complete commercial:

scripting • directing • filming • editing • special effects • music • narration

PLUS, you also get product images, if required. Your product shots can be created in our production studios. Includes 1 Video Proof on VHS tape for viewing, and 1 final Broadcast Tape delivered to the network for airing. (Don't forget: Cheap TV SpotsŪ can help you with targeted air time, too.)

Also available in a 60 second "Mini-Infomercial" format: $3,998.

They will also handle the arrangement of television airtime, via cable and broadcast:

http://www.cheap-tv-spots.com/airtime.html

McDermit
09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I appreciate all of your hard work on this, but I agree with several of the posters that the ad isn't great. I realize that name recognition is important, but inspiring the people who will fund the ad is probably more important (because if you don't inspire them, then they won't donate to get the name out there).

I found the following website (http://www.cheap-tv-spots.com/options.html) which offers a 30 second commercial (including every aspect of production) for $1,999:

That site is actual MORE expensive than you could find elsewhere for a good ad though. All that's included there are the very basics. A film student could do that for the cost of equiptment rental and meals for the week.

For a huge national push, we would ideally have an ad with actual actors. I looked at cheap-tv-spots.com a while ago when I was playing around with a script... they wanted $23k for a 30 second spot with 3 speaking actors and very little camera work. Terrible.

Once I'm able to drive, I plan on rounding up some heads to get something decent put together. But that'll be at least another month yet.

bbachtung
09-01-2007, 10:18 PM
That site is actual MORE expensive than you could find elsewhere for a good ad though. All that's included there are the very basics. A film student could do that for the cost of equiptment rental and meals for the week.

For a huge national push, we would ideally have an ad with actual actors. I looked at cheap-tv-spots.com a while ago when I was playing around with a script... they wanted $23k for a 30 second spot with 3 speaking actors and very little camera work. Terrible.

Once I'm able to drive, I plan on rounding up some heads to get something decent put together. But that'll be at least another month yet.

So the $1,999 package is non-existent?

Akus
09-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Thread starter, has the www.keeponfighting.com been changed to www.keepronfighting.com?

I believe that was the misprint.

McDermit
09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
So the $1,999 package is non-existent?

No, it does exist.. but it doesn't include nearly as much as you'd think. It would be only marginally better than the ads spotrunner offers (there are 10 political ads on their site at the moment,) and at 4 times the price.

We're better off getting something entirely customized. Or if we want something with just a voiceover, find a college student (or group of students) to work on it.

Lord Xar
09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
hey skiing.... I am currently working on a commercial... and I think djloti is too...

I personally want to focus my efforts and fundraising on getting the commercial I am working out there so if we ask persons now for money, I am afraid they will be tapped when the commericals I am working on are ready... ~2weeks.

I like your ad and think it is good, but I want to put forth a more "ron paul infromative" commercial than the spotrunner ad. I think the spot runner ad is good fro the NH market as it is very area specific and it conveys one message.. no war..

I am not diluting your intent at all. I think it is great -- I just think, for me, we should hold off just a tad. Like I said, I like the ad - but i don't think its national quality on a large scale for all across america.. in other words, when we start pushing all this forward.... we need to put something out there will drop jaws..

I advise you to push forward in your ideas.... just so I am clear, move forwad on your ideas.... I am not sure how the 'national' will go, but you can concentrate on specific areas.. for instance.. concentrate on Iowa/NH.. etc... don't spread yourself too thin...

McDermit
09-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Thread starter, has the www.keeponfighting.com been changed to www.keepronfighting.com?

It was stated in another thread that it has been changed to RonPaul2008.com

skiingff
09-01-2007, 10:29 PM

Actually on Monday when the voiceover is changed the site will be changed to RonPaul2008.com.

I started this "hostile" thread to "encourage" lots of discussion on the TV ads issue and it's working. I honestly believe what Ron Paul needs is name recognition and the message going straight into the households of thousands of Americans will do that!!!

I believe TV ads are the most cost-effective, easiest way to reach tens of thousands of people and spread the message. After everyone in America has seen a Ron Paul commercial on TV, will they still be saying, "Who's Ron Paul?"

Hell no. They'll be saying, "How can I help get this guy elected President!" We CAN go above 3% in the polls.

Again, at this point in time, it's all dependent on name recognition and matching the issues with the candidate. TV ads, in addition to what we're all doing now, will fix all of that and get the media to take notice.

Cunningham
09-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Sometimes I think that television ads are beyond the scope of the grass roots. Radio and newspaper are obviously achievable but T.V. commercials are prohibitivly expensive in most cases, at least for a good one. It needs to be really good though or it may do more damage than anything. I think it's one area of the campaign that is best left to Headquarters in my opinion.
I willl say though. This youtube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clhO-qPTZ1g. If you cut the last part, toward the end about what you want to tell your kids about how the government USED to act, and made it a 30 second piece it would be really powerful.

skiingff
09-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Well DjLoTi was working with me, however we're most likely going to end up scratching it because the producers want $10,000 and I don't have $10,000 -- professional TV commercial or not. Anyone here have $10,000?

Edit:

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Haven't read through all the posts, but the ads should be run 15 days before each state's primary or caucuses, not now. They COULD be run now, but should also be run in advance of primaries and caucuses.

We do need to get the polling numbers up all over. Seems radio is the cheapest and most effective for this. Anyone putting radio ads together? (LE and Xar, I apologize for falling off the planet on this. Been super busy on other RP activities -- just got back from MN state fair, campaigning. Are you still working on things?)

phixonpolitics
09-01-2007, 10:37 PM

Please take a look at this regarding getting word out fast:

"Preface, I am starting this list in response to two things:

1) As the creator of the Online Rally website
(rally.ronpaulplanet.org ) I have wanted several times to contact all
the Meetup groups to ask them upload photos in support of Dr. Paul.
With 30,000+ members, it should be a cinch to get 5000 or so photos
uploaded, right? Wrong. It is nearly impossible to contact all the
meetup groups. Meetup requires that you contact each group
individually through an online form, and you can only do 25 in a day.
Jennifer on the ronpaulforums tried to contact them all one day about
an important college campus effort, and spent 12 hours doing so with
some aid from others, and multiple accounts. It was a nightmare.
Anyway, I have given thought and energy to this several times, and I
figure there must be a better way.

2) A thread was started today on the RonPaulForums.com that discusses
this very issue, and the fact that we are wasting valuable resources
and energy in our movement, because we are not able to communicate
fast enough and effectively enough to those who could be of help. That
thread is here:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12186
..."
Anyway, it's a yahoo group, which is a little bit cheaper than Meetup :)

Not only that, our meetup leader isn't on the ball and I certainly don't hear about these action items from him. I was able to donate $ for the beautiful Iowan RP ad because I spend too much time on the web huntin' RP news. ;)

DjLoTi
09-01-2007, 11:14 PM
I thought my guys said they'd be able to do it for less then 10K. Did you write them back? Have you been talking to them?

I don't appreciate you going behind my back on a public forum claiming you'll cancel the plans. If you're going to cancel the plans, fine. But don't make an unrelated post and expect me to read the 31st reply in order to inform me you'll be canceling it.

I am hooking you up. Try doing this on your own, going through some random production company. You will find it is much more expensive then you anticipated. We are doing many things pro-bono

I'm tempted to just cancel it all together. This is bullshit. We're professionals. We're not some gossip club. If YOU'RE not willing to negotiate and work with my people to produce a commercial, then find your own production team.

I hope to hear from you tomorrow. I want to know what your final decision is by tomorrow. If I don't hear anything, and my people in LA don't hear anything, I'm calling it off. End of discussion.

DjLoTi
09-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Bump. I wanna know by 7PM ET today. I'm done playing around... if you want professional, then work professional. I want this to work, and I want to create this ad, but what makes you think we could create this for free? Seriously? If we can create THIS ad for free, why wouldn't they just make EVERY ad free? lol, if free commercials could be made, ...

Anyway. I'm looking bad by getting everyone on the production team excited and ready for this. Rest assured we're hooking you up. But it doesn't seem like you want to do it professional. Seems like you want something free.

Pro quality productions don't come free. That's what makes them different from crappy productions. Any joker can get out there with a nice video camera. That's exactly what you don't want. You want a commercial, not a home video.

Hope to hear from you today.