PDA

View Full Version : Deval Patrick - Biggest Idiot Alive?

paulaholic
08-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Who else heard his speech last night? It was by far the biggest crock of shit to emerge from the DNC so far, and that's saying something. If you haven't seen it, look for it on YouTube. It'll make your blood boil. Full of inaccuracies and contradictory statements that could be picked apart by an eight year-old.

pacelli
08-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Here's his speech. Requires a 9 minute 38 second attention span.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAwKHriAj5Q

Conza88
08-27-2008, 09:42 AM

It's late here... I think I'll watch tomorrow, as per the OP's advice; I don't want to blow up and wake up the household... Tomorrow I can go outside & go for a sprint, take up boxing and beat some shit to get rid of the anger/hatred...

Kind of fun to induce hatred sometimes.. Good just before exercise.

Bookmarked. :D I'll let you know how it goes.. hahah

Kludge
08-27-2008, 09:45 AM
I hope no one outside the US watches the DNC. That was embarrassing, looked like they were at some type of hip hop concert. Have some dignity, FFS.

Ugh, RNC probably won't be any better, will it...? How much do we pay for their conventions?

Dary
08-27-2008, 09:47 AM

I guess I need a ritalin prescription cuz I only made it to 3:43 :)

gls
08-27-2008, 09:57 AM
I hope no one outside the US watches the DNC. That was embarrassing, looked like they were at some type of hip hop concert. Have some dignity, FFS.

Ugh, RNC probably won't be any better, will it...? How much do we pay for their conventions?

I believe the Democrats and Republicans each receive ~$16 million in taxpayer money for the conventions, with the remainer coming from corporations seeking to buy influence.

GreenCardSeeker
08-27-2008, 11:40 AM

The Swedish state TV aired the DNC here, or at least excerpts. Today they showed 3.5 hours of it on one of the two main state channels. The state TV is really enthusiastic about Obama and the whole thing is presented as the USA finally getting a taste of the "superior" European politics.

Cinderella
08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
ugh tell me about it....hes gov of massachusetts....where i live! hes an asshole

revolutionman
08-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Deval Patrick is defined by Merriam Webster as the product of Liberal White Guilt regard slavery and racism in America.

Aratus
08-27-2008, 02:44 PM
mccain picks the mitt i opinion cause deval patrick lets thah barack crib from his bestest speeches ever folio...

seriously... deval patrick is a liberal's answer to mitt romney's centrist conservatism... i presume... and do assume

Aratus
08-27-2008, 02:52 PM
as to where deval patrick fits into teddy's grand vision... twas deval patrick's gubanatorial
internet driven grassroots who went north over our mutual border for barack obama... as hillary
had a triumph in n.h --- politics as usual rewards team players, the howard dean arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg
was understood this year... mitt and hillary are a 90s politics tagteam. expect more people
like our current GOV gettin' their 15 minutes of national fame. ---again... i repeat. mr mitt LEAVES
office as deval enters the same... be reassured. deval wants to run again for governor. he aint
going to D.C as in immediately so he seyz. ~~~ the very decision to give untried he airtime hints at how
john mccain's team is vetting the mitt as we speak. ---a week ago, i thought joe lieberman had
the inside track... now i'm back to thinking its mccain/romney... and i want to hash over augusta
with SteveMartin. --- mitt romney can deliver speeches. he's into media sound~bytes. deval is internet

heath.whiteaker
08-27-2008, 03:38 PM
the american story huh? This guy is way off.

The Grinning Maniac
08-27-2008, 05:48 PM
I love how this idealistic man completely ignores that it is GOVERNMENT that has made it harder for the middle class to make ends meet through their inflationary policies and overspending, government that has created the housing crisis through promoting easy lending under the idea that everyone deserves to own a home, government that has helped jobs to get shipped overseas because of high taxes and agreements like NAFTA, government that has made it harder for people to live the American Dream through business regulations that choke small startups that don't have lawyers and accountants, making them fill out tons of paperwork instead of just running with their ideas first and dealing with the rigamarole after they see if there's a profit in their dream, and ruined education with its endless bureaucracy.

Yet he says he realizes that government can't solve every problem in our lives. That statement sure didn't hold up in the follow-through.

But of course my mom's just enthralled and excited that Massachusetts has a black governor. My God this is 2008. Am I supposed to be that impressed that black people can hold public office now? I never thought my prospects were limited to "shoeshine boy" and "house n---er".

:confused:

tpreitzel
05-24-2010, 06:24 PM
An update on an apropos thread... If I were a native from Massachusetts, I'd be embarrassed to have Mr. Patrick as my governor. Since we have another administration that insists on abusing its power, it's time to rescind the USC title criminalizing sedition or severely restrict its interpretation and application.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/05/patrick_says_ob.html

'Governor Deval Patrick, even as he decried partisanship in Washington, said today that Republican opposition to President Obama’s agenda has become so obstinate that it “is almost at the level of sedition.”'

CGeoffrion
05-24-2010, 06:38 PM
ugh tell me about it....hes gov of massachusetts....where i live! hes an asshole

I'm a Masshole too. This state is hopeless. I moved out to Boston for a couple years but just couldn't take it anymore and moved back to Palmer. There are small groups of like minded people out here, I think state funding being funneled threw Boston at the expense of the rest of the state has something to do with it. I need to get out of this state....