PDA

View Full Version : TSA Touch's Woman's Breast Because of Bra

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 05:57 AM
(08-25) 16:51 PDT OAKLAND -- When Berkeley resident Nancy Kates arrived at Oakland International Airport to board JetBlue flight 472, she thought she was heading off on a routine journey to visit her mother in Boston. Instead she ended up in a standoff with Transportation Safety Administration officials over her bra.

"The woman touched my breast. I said, 'You can't do that,' " Kates said. "She said, 'We have to pat you down.' I said, 'You can't treat me as a criminal for wearing a bra.' "

Kates asked to see a supervisor and then the supervisor's supervisor. He told her that underwire bras were the leading item that set off the metal detectors, Kates said.

If that's the case, Kates said, the equipment must be overly sensitive. And if the TSA is engaging in extra brassiere scrutiny, then other women are suffering similar humiliation, Kates thought.

The Constitution bars unreasonable searches and seizures, Kates reminded the TSA supervisor, and scrutinizing a woman's brassiere is surely unreasonable, she said.
The supervisor told her she had the choice of submitting to a pat-down in a private room or not flying. Kates offered a third alternative, to take off her bra and try again, which the TSA accepted.

"They tried to humiliate me and I was not going to be humiliated over this," Kates said. "If I was carrying nail clippers and forgot about them, I wouldn't have gotten so upset. But here I was just wearing my underwear."

So she went to the rest room, then through the security line a second time. Walking through the airport braless can be embarrassing for a large-chested woman, not to mention uncomfortable. The metal detector didn't beep on the second time through, but then officials decided to go through Kates' carry-on luggage, she said.

The whole undertaking took 40 minutes, Kates said, and caused her to miss her flight. JetBlue put her on another one, but she was four hours late getting to Boston.

SOURCE:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/25/BA2812HVK3.DTL&tsp=1

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Unfortunately there were no pictures attached to this article

coyote_sprit
08-27-2008, 06:03 AM
And I was hoping to see this miraculously large bust.

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 06:16 AM
And I was hoping to see this miraculously large bust.

That's a LOT of coke....
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5251959,00.jpg

libertea
08-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Where can I apply for the bra patting job?

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Where can I apply for the bra patting job?

What happens when this person comes through security?
http://www.jonco48.com/blog/moose_20knuckle.jpg

coyote_sprit
08-27-2008, 06:45 AM
What happens when this person comes through security?
http://www.jonco48.com/blog/moose_20knuckle.jpg
Let her through.

Kludge
08-27-2008, 06:54 AM
http://a210.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/60/m_3defd6fdca437dd9a8def911794cb1d9.jpg

TSA Gangstaz (NSFW!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7AWw7t5zj0)

LittleLightShining
08-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately there were no pictures attached to this articleUgh... Matt, you're such a lecher.

pacelli
08-27-2008, 09:46 AM
What an outrage and an embarrassment.

John E
08-27-2008, 10:03 AM
The answer to this is simple... fly naked!

Sarge
08-27-2008, 10:18 AM
The visual picture of that lady naked, and taking half my airplane seat, is too much to bear.

The_Orlonater
08-27-2008, 10:35 AM
That's disgusting.

More proof we're becoming a police state! The proof just oozes through the mind.

haaaylee
08-27-2008, 12:44 PM
i'm loving all these sexist replies.

not.

acptulsa
08-27-2008, 12:47 PM

not.

Remind you of Beavis much?

"They printed 'breast'. Heh heh heh. Heh heh heh."

pacelli
08-27-2008, 12:49 PM

not.

no kidding.

Kade
08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
The concept that we are safer because of this overbearing security is nonsense, and it comes at the cost of privacy and civil rights; an affront to everything this country stands for, and in this case, it is worse than embarrassing. I can't fathom a reason for allowing the government to molest people, with their radar guns and their hands... In this case, it was beyond obvious this woman wasn't a thread.

The current Republican Administration thinks there is but one role for a woman in this country. Child-bearer and mother. This translates into retarded adverse wages and an overall anti-female agenda in this country, and it will culminate into strict abortion laws at the federal level, sodomy laws, and a ridiculous anti-sexual culture- a la Islam, all in the name or protecting people.

There is one rule in all the greatest cultures that we are ignoring.

Leave the women alone.

micahnelson
08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
The answer to this is simple... fly naked!

I have considered showing up to the airport in boxers and threatening to go the rest of the way. Hypersubmission to the law is often a great way to retaliate.

Those of you who know me in real life understand the consequences of me going full monty with the TSA. Dire, to say the least.

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 01:33 PM
It could be worse....

SHE could be going through the line:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/HillaryandBarrack.jpg

haaaylee
08-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I have considered showing up to the airport in boxers and threatening to go the rest of the way. Hypersubmission to the law is often a great way to retaliate.

Those of you who know me in real life understand the consequences of me going full monty with the TSA. Dire, to say the least.

That would be a pretty awesome protest. .. Only rather expensive.

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
I have considered showing up to the airport in boxers and threatening to go the rest of the way. Well Larry the Cable Guy went into the airport in a Speedo. They accused him of trying to smuggle a grenade and pocket knife.

There was a story of a women who went through airport security wearing a thong. The stopped her because they thought they saw fuse hanging down...
:D

Theocrat
08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
The concept that we are safer because of this overbearing security is nonsense, and it comes at the cost of privacy and civil rights; an affront to everything this country stands for, and in this case, it is worse than embarrassing. I can't fathom a reason for allowing the government to molest people, with their radar guns and their hands... In this case, it was beyond obvious this woman wasn't a thread.

The current Republican Administration thinks there is but one role for a woman in this country. Child-bearer and mother. This translates into retarded adverse wages and an overall anti-female agenda in this country, and it will culminate into strict abortion laws at the federal level, sodomy laws, and a ridiculous anti-sexual culture- a la Islam, all in the name or protecting people.

There is one rule in all the greatest cultures that we are ignoring.

Leave the women alone.(emphasis mine)

Uh, have you forgotten about this woman?

http://www.leadershipmedica.com/sommari/2006/numero_06/PoliticaEstera/Articolo_1/foto/Condoleeza_rice.jpg

What is her job, and who gave it to her? Hmmm...

Kade, please quit it with your propaganda.

LittleLightShining
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Well Larry the Cable Guy went into the airport in a Speedo. They accused him of trying to smuggle a grenade and pocket knife.

There was a story of a women who went through airport security wearing a thong. The stopped her because they thought they saw fuse hanging down...
:DOk, now you're just being gross. No wonder you're single. I'm sorry, I'm not generally a mean person but who are you trying to impress with this foulness?

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Ok, now you're just being gross.Thanks. That's a compliment.

but who are you trying to impress with this foulness?Myself. As long as I make myself laugh that's my goal. If I don't think I'm funny then no one else will either.

In fact I got kicked off my college radio station. I didn't cuss or anything but they said my humor was too crude for the station.... can't imagine :p :rolleyes:

Kade
08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
(emphasis mine)

Uh, have you forgotten about this woman?

http://www.leadershipmedica.com/sommari/2006/numero_06/PoliticaEstera/Articolo_1/foto/Condoleeza_rice.jpg

What is her job, and who gave it to her? Hmmm...

Kade, please quit it with your propaganda.

Condi is a Notre Dame graduate, like myself. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that they used her, (and will probably use Sarah Palin the same way) to make women think it is okay to vote for idiotic presidencies at the cost of freedom. Condi was a tool for a machine of tyranny. She was also stripped of most her power, if you watched the PBS special: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/bushswar/

Andrew Ryan
08-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I heard a story that a woman had to drink her own breast milk to prove it wasn't explosives.

acptulsa
08-27-2008, 02:27 PM
When I was a kid, a person could travel without being subjected to abject humiliation. Ah, those were the days...

amy31416
08-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Condi is a Notre Dame graduate, like myself. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that they used her, (and will probably use Sarah Palin the same way) to make women think it is okay to vote for idiotic presidencies at the cost of freedom. Condi was a tool for a machine of tyranny. She was also stripped of most her power, if you watched the PBS special: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/bushswar/

Used or not, she's an adult and made her own decision to be Bush's lapdog. She is no victim and gets no sympathy from me.

Kade
08-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Used or not, she's an adult and made her own decision to be Bush's lapdog. She is no victim and gets no sympathy from me.

She shouldn't... I'm saying that she is not the "icon" for women, and does not cleanse the Republican Parties stance on women's rights as much as Theocrat think she does.

LibertiORDeth
08-27-2008, 02:40 PM

not.

Not sexist, just really sex starved males.

amy31416
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
She shouldn't... I'm saying that she is not the "icon" for women, and does not cleanse the Republican Parties stance on women's rights as much as Theocrat think she does.

Gotcha.

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 04:02 PM
just really sex starved males.Yes?!?!? You called me? :p

LibertyEagle
08-27-2008, 04:23 PM
In fact I got kicked off my college radio station. I didn't cuss or anything but they said my humor was too crude for the station.... can't imagine :p :rolleyes:

Actually Matt, RPF is not a bordello. If you feel compelled to discuss your sexuality, or lack thereof, please do it somewhere else.

Thank You.

newyearsrevolution08
08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
I wonder if I need to remove the underwire support in my boxer/briefs as well... lol

I need as much support as I can get as well and might not even mind the full body pat down as long as it stayed OUTSIDE my cavities lol.

LibertyEagle
08-27-2008, 04:26 PM
This discussion in this thread has entered the gutter. I'm closing it.