PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain this "late bus" deal?

danda
09-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Some basic questions that I haven't seen answered yet:

Was it just one bus or more than one?

How many Ron Paul delegates were on the bus?

How late was the bus exactly?

Why was the bus late?

How many Ron Paul buses DID arrive on time?

If it was just one bus, it doesn't look like it would have made the difference anyway. But it still seems like poor organization to be showing up late, when registration has already been open for 3 hours.

jmunjr
09-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Also how many other delegates were turned away(for other candidates)?

Why is it every time Ron Paul doesn't win there are always a bunch of whiners hollering conspiracy?

He came in 3rd. I am not happy about it, but it could have been worse, and he got delegates supporting.

I will note that delegates or not, Paul appears to have the most passionate supporters, meaning if you had to count on the highest % of a candidate's supporters to vote, you could count on Ron Paul's supporters. I bet he has the highest "conversion rate" of all the candidates.

foofighter20x
09-01-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm very happy with 3rd. For a guy only polling 2% nationally and with a max of 6% in texas alone, a 16%+ finish is outstanding! especially when the marging of victory for 2nd place was within striking distance.

danda
09-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm very happy with 3rd. For a guy only polling 2% nationally and with a max of 6% in texas alone, a 16%+ finish is outstanding! especially when the marging of victory for 2nd place was within striking distance.

Within 1 bus-load distance? :D

foofighter20x
09-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Possibly... Those buses hold about 47-53 passengers, right? :p