PDA

View Full Version : DNC Protests: Police slam CodePink protester to the ground

Conza88
08-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Coming to a town near you.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfISlq1gzK8)

Police slam CodePink protester to the ground, call her a "bitch" before arresting her.

UtahApocalypse
08-26-2008, 09:02 PM
So far tonight sounds peaceful and quiet

heath.whiteaker
08-26-2008, 09:04 PM
what the hell. That chic wasn't doing a freakin thing. Oh yeah I forgot we live in a police state. I think I will go ahead and add this to my blog as well.

Kludge
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Eh, I've written five different responses now and still don't feel I've really expressed my feelings well enough.

That shit was retarded.

RSLudlum
08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Eh, I've written five different responses now and still don't feel I've really expressed my feelings well enough.

That shit was retarded.

I know exactly what you mean. When I saw that my stomach literally got knotted up in anger accompanied by a very loud "What the f**k!!"...My wife rushed to the room wondering what happened, and I showed her. She replied "That's BS"....

(Oh and yeah, in our house we don't believe in limited vocabulary; colorful metaphors are quite useful and at times very necessary. ;) )

heath.whiteaker
08-26-2008, 09:19 PM

That shit was retarded.

totally understand. Can't believe he would hit a chic like that. But then I googled other videos that had Code Pink in them. Seems like they always are in the middle of things. I'm sure its not the first time... but still to hit a chic like that... I don't get it.

RSLudlum
08-26-2008, 09:33 PM
totally understand. Can't believe he would hit a chic like that. But then I googled other videos that had Code Pink in them. Seems like they always are in the middle of things. I'm sure its not the first time... but still to hit a chic like that... I don't get it.

now that I think about it, she could've been agent provocatuer: an ex-GLOW girl able to take a hit posing as code pink :p

It still sickens me knowing that this crap still happens.

heath.whiteaker
08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
now that I think about it, she could've been agent provocatuer: an ex-GLOW girl able to take a hit posing as code pink :p

It still sickens me knowing that this crap still happens.

Do they still have GLOW? man those were the days.

olehounddog
08-26-2008, 09:59 PM
what the hell. That chic wasn't doing a freakin thing. Oh yeah I forgot we live in a police state. I think I will go ahead and add this to my blog as well.

Didn't you hear him? He said "back up bitch". She was to slow. She had 1/10 of a second to move.:(

The bastard needs to be castrated.:mad:

Ninja Homer
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
This shit makes my blood boil. Am I alone in thinking that security at the DNC might be receiving a little blowback from this over the next couple days?

Dustancostine
08-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Most COPS are just paid thugs. That guy woke up this morning wanting to hit someone.

kombayn
08-26-2008, 11:15 PM
He hit a woman! Come on, guys. Why aren't we contacting every politician that represents Colorado to condemn those actions? We should send this to media outlets! And we should push that issue. She was only exercising her right of free speech. That man technically by law assaulted her. She should sue the shit out of the department. Then they arrested her for talking to media. That's bullshit. We should be outraged, I'm going to look into contacts and condemn those actions. Fuckin' assholes. Cops are CITIZENS who uphold the Law. That was not clearly doing so.

Jeremy
08-26-2008, 11:30 PM

how do you know? the video was completely cut up

Jeremy
08-26-2008, 11:40 PM
at first i was gonna be like ooh another video where probably the protesters instigated it, but omg it seemed so unprovoked, and that was a hard hit the chest! sad.....

you dont see anything

it only gives you one perspective lol :rolleyes:

people make too many assumptions without all the details

Maverick
08-26-2008, 11:41 PM
It's refreshing that we've actually gotten through at least a page of responses without the "damn librul deserved it" type of nonsense.

Matt Collins
08-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Post removed by Matt

kombayn
08-27-2008, 12:32 AM
I'd slam a Code Pink protester... depending on how hot she is :D

+1 :p

devil21
08-27-2008, 02:31 AM
you dont see anything

Be serious! Give me ONE POSSIBLE SCENARIO where that first woman (both of them even) could possibly have instigated those responses from the Police, regardless of what the video shows. Just one plausible example. All I ask.

Is yelling in the face of a cop reason to attack someone with a weapon? Is throwing water? Is anything short of physical aggression reason to slam a WOMAN to the ground with a weapon?

Methinks you take "commander" in your name a little too seriously.

free.alive
08-27-2008, 02:50 AM
The bastard needs to be castrated.:mad:

What do you mean? He must already have a tiny dick...

newyearsrevolution08
08-27-2008, 02:58 AM
you don't believe in equal rights to get the shit kicked out of you then? :D

He hit a woman!

Ron Paul Vermont
08-27-2008, 05:42 AM

Don't jump to conclusions. Im sure there is a reason that they only showed the video just before he knocked her down. But yes he should not have knocked her down. Police our here to protect us... Not brutilize us. Unless of course his/her security is complimised and his well being was definitely not in the balance with her. At least I would not think so. I really would have liked to see a few seconds earlier though. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
08-27-2008, 05:54 AM
Post removed

123tim
08-27-2008, 05:55 AM
....Snip.
Is yelling in the face of a cop reason to attack someone with a weapon? Is throwing water? Is anything short of physical aggression reason to slam a WOMAN to the ground with a weapon?......Snip

+1

No reason no matter what your gender.

RATM99
08-27-2008, 06:03 AM
you dont see anything

So when he yells "back up bitch". And hits here in the chest with a weapon. We aren't getting the whole perspective? This is a clear abuse of power. If you or I hit a woman like this. We would be in jail.

123tim
08-27-2008, 06:08 AM
Did anyone notice the small officer who comes from behind as the code pink woman is being taken away? (at 0:29) Everyone is still holding up microphones and she looks like she's ready to start a beat-down.

It looks like there were about five of them doing this. What happened to the police coming up and saying "Ma'am I'm placing you under arrest?"

jkr
08-27-2008, 07:20 AM
i despise violence and violent humans.

THIS MADE ME WANT TO START SHOOTING!

ARE YOU LISTENING????????

pacelli
08-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Am I alone in thinking that security at the DNC might be receiving a little blowback from this over the next couple days?

Probably. Nobody is going to do a fucking thing about this.

mediahasyou
08-27-2008, 11:16 AM
http://pixftw.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2622.jpg

V4Vendetta
08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
"Back it up Bitch"
Those were his words.
And then they kidnap her!
If I was there I would have body slammed that fucking prick.

UtahApocalypse
08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
The uber-aggresive police actions on Sunday worked. Since then the protests have been very small, and not rowdy at all from listening to the online feed. 4 parades that were going to proteat march today canceled due to lack of support. FEAR reigns supreme. Unless the groups at the convention are truly willing to fall then the Police State action worked as planned as protests have been squashed. This will go one of 2 ways now.... 1 The Police State has one and everyone is going to stay away from fear or number 2, Protesters will finally rise up like in 68' and really get violent.

libertarian4321
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
The cop was completely out of control and should be fired at the very least, if not charged for assault.

Throwing on a uniform does not give you the right to become a thug...

Conza88
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
The uber-aggresive police actions on Sunday worked. Since then the protests have been very small, and not rowdy at all from listening to the online feed. 4 parades that were going to proteat march today canceled due to lack of support. FEAR reigns supreme. Unless the groups at the convention are truly willing to fall then the Police State action worked as planned as protests have been squashed. This will go one of 2 ways now.... 1 The Police State has one and everyone is going to stay away from fear or number 2, Protesters will finally rise up like in 68' and really get violent.

Indeed.. indeed. They've got insane technology on their side now though.
Prison Camps are literally.... waiting in the wings.

Live_Free_Or_Die
08-27-2008, 08:05 PM
nt

Mr. White
08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Sigh...

Roxi
08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I know exactly what you mean. When I saw that my stomach literally got knotted up in anger accompanied by a very loud "What the f**k!!"...My wife rushed to the room wondering what happened, and I showed her. She replied "That's BS"....

(Oh and yeah, in our house we don't believe in limited vocabulary; colorful metaphors are quite useful and at times very necessary. ;) )

this sounds exactly like what happened here this morning (switch wife with boyfriend)

.... that came out wrong, i hope you know what i mean

Roxi
08-27-2008, 09:11 PM
You guys need to recognize this video is heavily edited. #1 The portion where she is pushed is sped up so itappears as if he shoved her much ahrder than he did. She's faking it, she dropped. The video was then slowed back down once she was on the ground. #2 She was antagonizing the cop. You can hear her say "fucking try that again!" you cannot hear see what she is doing at this time. Afterwards he pushes her saying either "knock it off bitch" or "get down bitch."

This was a planned attempt to get some "police-state" propaganda. Not that they really had to work too hard, but stop lapping up the bullshit.

source? do you know this as truth for fact?

devil21
08-27-2008, 11:34 PM
You guys need to recognize this video is heavily edited. #1 The portion where she is pushed is sped up so itappears as if he shoved her much ahrder than he did. She's faking it, she dropped. The video was then slowed back down once she was on the ground. #2 She was antagonizing the cop. You can hear her say "fucking try that again!" you cannot hear see what she is doing at this time. Afterwards he pushes her saying either "knock it off bitch" or "get down bitch."

This was a planned attempt to get some "police-state" propaganda. Not that they really had to work too hard, but stop lapping up the bullshit.

Well look what troll came out of retirement all of a sudden to defend a cop assaulting a woman during a peaceful protest. Your entire post is devoid of any proof, any logic, and is utter bullshit.

I dont care if she called him a cuntface fucktard with a whore for a mother. Physically assaulting someone over words will land you in jail. He says "Get back! Bitch!". Can you not hear a cop in the back saying to "get back" from the golf cart that the cops are using? That thug decided to take a potshot at a woman for the hell of it. She wasn't within 10 feet of that cart.

Go back to your cave, troll.

Mach
08-28-2008, 01:12 AM

His mouth coincides with his voice and it is not a high pitch voice at all, like it would be if you sped the video up, so, give it a break, he exploded. He will definitely be "excused" because before those guys go out there their adrenaline is purposely pumped up BIGTIME, that's what they want them to do, create as much fear as possible.

V-rod
08-28-2008, 01:22 AM
If she was causing such a disturbance, why not just arrest her? If she is physically resisting, then just pepper spray her, such a tough guy to shove a woman on the ground. His mother must of raised him right.

Ceos
08-28-2008, 01:36 AM
Theres voice editing now that allows you to speed things up without effecting the voice. My DVD player on my computer does it when I fastfoward through a movie; no high pitched voices at all.

Can anyone post a link or something with more details on this video, as in who the source is and what the situation was that caused it? Or is it more police-state propoganda lke someone mentioned eariler?

Reminds me of Office Space and the "Jump to Conclusions" mat.

Kludge
08-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Reminds me of Office Space and the "Jump to Conclusions" mat.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/office_space_kit.jpg (http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/humor/8e6c/)
The Office Space Kit includes

Red Stapler (mini, 2" long)
Initech Mug
"Is this Good for the Company?" Sign (29" x 9.75")
Starter "Flair" (1.5" diameter)
"PC Load Letter" Copy Machine Sticker
Your Very Own "Jump To Conclusions" Mat (approx. 24" x 39")
A Humorous 32-Page Book
TPS Report Coversheets (5 included)
Really Keen Packaging (10" x 5" x 4")

http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/humor/8e6c/ (http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/humor/8e6c/zoom/)

Trigonx
08-28-2008, 01:57 AM
I don't think the video was slowed down at all, it seems like a lot of force was behind that thrust. I do also wish i could have seen more before the hit to see more of the story.