PDA

View Full Version : A plane just sprayed chemicals on my house

brandon
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
They are spraying chemicals in my neighborhood to kill mosquitoes.

I didn't know about it until right now (when the plane sprayed them), but apparently there was a notice in the newspaper earlier this week.

I am not cool with this at all.

0zzy
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
was it a black helicopter or a plane?

brandon
08-26-2008, 08:27 PM
was it a black helicopter or a plane?

not sure

Sandra
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm dead serious.

They are spraying chemicals in my neighborhood to allegedly kill mosquitoes.

I didn't know about it until right now (when the plane sprayed them), but apparently there was a notice in the newspaper earlier this week.

wtf????????

They did that in my town too. Now they use these trucks that spray just feet from my home.

fedup100
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Get the pets and DUCT TAPE now!!

Dieseler
08-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I wish they would spray my damn neighborhood.

brandon
08-26-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't even mind mosquitoes.

I'd rather take the one in 10 million chance I get encephalitis then have some mystery chemical cocktail sprayed on my house and my garden.

Kludge
08-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I'd rather take the one in 10 million chance I get encephalitis then have some mystery chemical cocktail sprayed on my house and my garden.

Oh, don't worry... I'm sure it was approved by the FDA first! :p

dirknb@hotmail.com
08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
They've been doing that in S. Texas for many decades.

IChooseLiberty
08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/if-they-cant-find-you-they-cant-wash-you.jpg

noxagol
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
When I was 4-5 years old, my older brother and I would run behind the trucks spraying the stuff lol. We thought it was some kind of game or something.

Mach
08-27-2008, 01:47 AM
When I was 4-5 years old, my older brother and I would run behind the trucks spraying the stuff lol. We thought it was some kind of game or something.

Oh come on, that was stupid, you don't run behind those trucks..............

you ride your bikes! :D

Raditude
08-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Isn't there a way you can opt out of these kind of things?

Sally08
08-27-2008, 07:16 AM

As I recall, I was older than that and we had fun "in the fog", as well.

No adults seemed concerned - we're all still alive (and healthy?):D

Actually, aren't the FDA-approved foods and medicines doing more harm:eek:

orafi
08-27-2008, 08:19 AM
As I recall, I was older than that and we had fun "in the fog", as well.

No adults seemed concerned - we're all still alive (and healthy?):D

Actually, aren't the FDA-approved foods and medicines doing more harm:eek:

how many arms do you have?

123tim
08-27-2008, 09:27 AM
My opinion? If everyone would stop killing bats in their homes so much spray wouldn't be needed. (At least where I live in Pennsylvania.)

123tim
08-27-2008, 09:35 AM

I agree with the author of the original post. I would not want to be sprayed with any chemical. I'm glad that I didn't live in the age where every chemical and compound was glorified.

These are pictures of DDT (Supposedly harmless to humans, but birds didn't fare as well):

http://caosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ddtbeach.jpg

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/10/05/PH2007100502265.jpg

http://www.granitegrok.com/pix/DDT.jpg

Sally08
08-27-2008, 09:48 AM
It is my understanding that mosquito abatement programs are required in the Los Angeles area due to all of the abandoned swimming pools related to foreclosures.

Without routine pool maintenance, those pools become "swamps" very quickly.

Even the geese and ducks migrating north or south use pools as rest areas!

Valli6
08-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Ah, memories...I can almost smell the DDT!
In NJ, during the 60's the "Mosquito Truck" was a regular summer event, like the Ice Cream Man and lightning bugs. (Hmm...it didn't kill lightning bugs?) The local newspaper would announce it's schedule. As I remember, it drove through the neighborhood regularly most of the summer, about once a week. We'd get all excited about it cause the fog seemed like magic. The trail of "smoke" would expand into a huge dense cloud, first moving outwards to engulf you like the Blob, then all the way up to your house! It took about 10 seconds to hit your front door.

It wasn't totally unknown that it was bad for you, though. Most just didn't take it seriously. I know I thought my parents sucked, cause they made us come in the house and close all the windows when the Mosquito Truck came. The dog would bark at the oncoming cloud, and when it hit the window he'd really go nuts. It was still exiting, but I really envied the other kids running and dancing and riding their bikes in the cloud! A few times I pleaded with my mother to be allowed to go out and play in the DDT. Recently, I found out that one of the neighborhood kids - who never missed a bike ride close behind the truck - did in fact develop a brain tumor when he was about 12! (He was eventually okay - after about 2 years of treatment/surgeries.)

dannno
08-27-2008, 12:09 PM
In NJ, during the 60's the "Mosquito Truck" was a regular summer event, like the Ice Cream Man and lightning bugs. (Hmm...it didn't kill lightning bugs?) The local newspaper would announce it's schedule. As I remember, it drove through the neighborhood regularly most of the summer, about once a week. We'd get all excited about it cause the fog seemed like magic. The trail of "smoke" would expand into a huge dense cloud, first moving outwards to engulf you like the Blob, then all the way up to your house! It took about 10 seconds to hit your front door.

It wasn't totally unknown that it was bad for you, though. Most just didn't take it seriously. I know I thought my parents sucked, cause they made us come in the house and close all the windows when the Mosquito Truck came. The dog would bark at the oncoming cloud, and when it hit the window he'd really go nuts. It was still exiting, but I really envied the other kids running and dancing and riding their bikes in the cloud! A few times I pleaded with my mother to be allowed to go out and play in the DDT. Recently, I found out that one of the neighborhood kids - who never missed a bike ride close behind the truck - did in fact develop a brain tumor when he was about 12! (He was eventually okay - after about 2 years of treatment/surgeries.)

Amazing, amazing.

RickyJ
08-27-2008, 12:26 PM

Maybe you prefer mosquitoes biting you. I have no problem with them spraying to kill those pests. They carry all sorts of diseases that are much worse for you than the chemicals to kill them.

RickyJ
08-27-2008, 12:29 PM
My opinion? If everyone would stop killing bats in their homes so much spray wouldn't be needed. (At least where I live in Pennsylvania.)

What are you suppose to do to bats in your home? Let them live there?

123tim
08-27-2008, 12:43 PM

Absolutely. :)

We do.

I never see any sign of them until they come out at night. Actually we live in another house now and I'm not even certain that we have any in this house, but we probably do. In our old house you could sometimes hear them if you went to the attic, but they were never a problem.

Bats like to be really warm so they usually try to get as close to the outside roof as possible.

We do bats have in our garage now.

Every once and a while a bat will find it's way into the living areas of our house. All you have to do is open the windows or door and the bat will be gone.

I'm sure that you will find someone out there who will say that bats carry disease. Maybe some do. One thing that I know that bats don't do is get in your hair. I don't know how tales like this get started. It's amazing how many people hate bats for this very reason.

Edit: If you have huge amounts of guano for some reason this may be a problem....We just don't seem to have any.

dannno
08-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Maybe you prefer mosquitoes biting you. I have no problem with them spraying to kill those pests. They carry all sorts of diseases that are much worse for you than the chemicals to kill them.

What, like lyme disease??

"Several natural cures have been quite successful in treating lyme disease (much more successful than allopathic medicine has been). The herb "cat's claw" combined with high doses of vitamin c is one of these. Mms is another, found at http://miraclemineral.org/ . And a more recent one is a protocol of salt and vitamin c, which can be found at http://www.lymephotos.com/ ."

By the way..

Lyme disease is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, health problems we have.

Lyme disease can mimic more than 350 other medical conditions, including:
Parkinson's disease
alzheimer's
multiple sclerosis
bell's palsy
chronic fatigue syndrome
fibromyalgia
schizophrenia
irritable bowel syndrome
coronary artery disease
heart failure
heart palpitations
add
chronic pain syndromes
sleep apnea
mitral valve relapse
endometriosis
polycystic ovary syndrome
menierie's disease
gallbladder inflammation
lupus
rheumatoid arthritis
scleroderma
sids

There's really no reason we need to poison ourselves getting rid of mosquitos. That's govt. propaganda talking.

dannno
08-27-2008, 12:51 PM

If you REALLY don't want them in your house, transfer them back to the wild so they can eat mosquitos... instead of killing them..

tmosley
08-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Well, earlier this summer a local municipality released gnats to kill the mosquitoes from the recent record rainfall. We had another record rainfall about a week ago, I wish they would do it again, the mosquitoes are killing me.

I even came down sick this weekend with something disturbingly similar in symptoms to West Nile Fever. Hopefully I won't get the encephalitis.

brandon
08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, earlier this summer a local municipality released gnats to kill the mosquitoes from the recent record rainfall. We had another record rainfall about a week ago, I wish they would do it again, the mosquitoes are killing me.

That's a much better idea then spraying chemicals everywhere. I wish they would have did that here.

Dr.3D
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
If you REALLY don't want them in your house, transfer them back to the wild so they can eat mosquitos... instead of killing them..

Mine live in the attic and come out at night to eat the insects. There is no need to transfer them anywhere. I only get one or two juvenile males that come into the living quarters of the house every year and I take them outdoors and let them go.

Every year, there are more and more of them living in the attic and I am happy to let them do so. They are not causing me any problems and it is fun to watch them come out at dusk.

steve005
08-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Isn't there a way you can opt out of these kind of things

lolol, yeah get rich and buy land far out, or get your own island

A. Havnes
08-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Living in Northern Minnesota, we have misquitos really, really bad, yet no one ever even considers spraying around here! They probably just multiply too fast. Are they a major concern in your area?

HonestyInMedicine
09-01-2008, 11:05 PM
What, like lyme disease??

"Several natural cures have been quite successful in treating lyme disease (much more successful than allopathic medicine has been). The herb "cat's claw" combined with high doses of vitamin c is one of these. Mms is another, found at http://miraclemineral.org/ . And a more recent one is a protocol of salt and vitamin c, which can be found at http://www.lymephotos.com/ ."

By the way..

Lyme disease is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, health problems we have.

Lyme disease can mimic more than 350 other medical conditions, including:
Parkinson's disease
alzheimer's
multiple sclerosis
bell's palsy
chronic fatigue syndrome
fibromyalgia
schizophrenia
irritable bowel syndrome
coronary artery disease
heart failure
heart palpitations
add
chronic pain syndromes
sleep apnea
mitral valve relapse
endometriosis
polycystic ovary syndrome
menierie's disease
gallbladder inflammation
lupus
rheumatoid arthritis
scleroderma
sids

There's really no reason we need to poison ourselves getting rid of mosquitos. That's govt. propaganda talking.

Also Wild Black Carrot Extract got rid of my Lymes Disease when I had it years ago in a few days! People with chronic diseases need to RUN to a good naturopath to get RID of their problems and FINALLY realize orthodox medical doctors are clueless when it comes to chronic and degenerative diseases!

HonestyInMedicine
09-01-2008, 11:13 PM

Californians found that they were spraying pesticides over URBAN areas and got REALLY upset. This is what they did and this organization might have more info on your area and what you can do.

http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php?p=528

LinuxUser269
09-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I agree with the author of the original post. I would not want to be sprayed with any chemical. I'm glad that I didn't live in the age where every chemical and compound was glorified.

These are pictures of DDT (Supposedly harmless to humans, but birds didn't fare as well):

http://caosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ddtbeach.jpg

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/10/05/PH2007100502265.jpg

http://www.granitegrok.com/pix/DDT.jpg

DDT showed up in birds first because of there rapid reproductive cycle. I am sure that humans are still feeling the effects of it just don't know that that was the cause.

Suzu
09-02-2008, 12:04 AM

I used to chase the fogging trucks on my bike, too, and I had cancer diagnosed when I was 21. It was from more than the DDT though, everyone used to burn plastic in the yard (dioxin, PCBs) and on my first jobs I was heavily exposed to chlordane, benzene and mercury. Also, the air and water where I spent my first 18 years were filthy and loaded with chemicals.

I remember seeing birds fall out of trees, have convulsions and die during the sprayings.

TC95
09-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Oh, don't worry... I'm sure it was approved by the FDA first! :p

What a relief! I know that the FDA loves us all and just wants to protect us.

JeNNiF00F00
09-03-2008, 01:16 AM
It would be cool if that was the hemp mobile spraying the neighborhood with its magical fog instead.

Roxi
09-03-2008, 02:07 AM
THANK YOU they have been spraying chems in my town all summer, and its nasty stuff, you can't stay outside at all, and even inside it takes over, the smell is horrible, when olivia is here i make her cover her mouth because you can literally taste it for about half an hour.... when we move it will be the first thing i find out about the town we move to, and i hope like hell this isn't going on in EVERY town in MO

Roxi
09-03-2008, 02:14 AM

BUT they shouldn't be stealing money from my paycheck and from my purchases to spray me with stuff i don't want to be sprayed with, and i should be able to call and find out exactly what chemical is being sprayed (i couldn't)

you should take the personal responsibility to spray your own property or take precautions, they shouldn't be forced on me because you don't want to be bit by bugs...

i personally don't have problems with mosquitos, they rarely bite me and when they do i put witchhazel on them and they are gone within an hour, but my family has major problems with them and seem to get attacked anywhere near them, so i understand your plight, but you must understand mine that i don't want chemicals that i don't know what they are or what adverse affects they are having on my body

Mach
09-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Theocrat posted this in the Off Topics, I think it should go over here somewhere, there is some chemical spraying stuff in the interview.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1644758#post1644758