PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Trick-or-Treat Challenge!!!

skiingff
09-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Announcing the Meetup Trick-or-Treat Challenge

The goal is to get Ron Paul TV ads on the air nationwide from October 24 to October 31, the week leading up to Halloween, in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

How will we do this?
The top 700 Meetup groups, ranging from 7 to 734 members each, will be contacted via Meetup.com and asked to participate in the Trick-or-Treat challenge. The goal is to get at least one Meetup group per state and at least 100 Meetup groups overall to participate in the Trick-or-Treat challenge.

What each participating Meetup group will need to do is raise a minimum of $1000 by October 1st. Each group will have their own real-time fundraising meter so they can keep track of their progress. Once the goal is met or exceeded, Ron Paul TV ads will be purchased to air on cable TV in that Meetup group's location from Oct. 24 to Oct. 31, at the times and on the channels of the group's choosing (any cable channels are acceptable). The alternative is if the Meetup group wants to air their ads on broadcast (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) instead of cable, they will need to set a minimum fundraising goal of $5000 due to the higher airtime costs.

Participating Meetup groups can also help with the following if they so desire:
- If their Meetup group raises more than $1000, they can choose to share the extra donations with a Meetup group who is struggling to meet the $1000 minimum.
- They can choose to donate their airtime to an early primary state such as IA, NH, SC, or NV instead of using it locally.

Op NH will be sponsoring the Trick-or-Treat challenge so the Meetup groups won't have to form their own Political Action Committees, make their own TV ads, and find out how to air them. The only thing the Meetup groups will have to do is raise the money and submit their time and channel preferences for the ads. The rest will be taken care of. There will be 2 different TV ads for Meetup groups to choose from -- the Ron Paul TV ad shown on the operationnh.com website (with minor changes) and a special Halloween Ron Paul TV ad, created exclusively for the Trick-or-Treat challenge. Along with taking care of getting the ad aired in the Meetup group's locality, the Op NH public relations staff will send a press release to all the local TV stations, radio stations, and newspapers in the Meetup group's area so they have the opportunity to report on the story.

If the Trick-or-Treat challenge is successful, by the time Halloween's over, the whole nation will have heard of Ron Paul. What a treat for Paul, and what a trick for the mainstream media!!!

Let's make it a happy Halloween for Ron Paul!!!

Please let me know if you're interested in the Trick-or-Treat challenge.

Dave Wood
09-01-2007, 02:35 PM
You know what would be good also? If there was some way nationwide to use all of those little trick o treaters to spread the message.......Like maybe drop a Ron Paul business card into all of those candy bags for mom and dad to find when they check through the candy:D

Brasil Branco
09-01-2007, 02:37 PM
You know what would be good also? If there was some way nationwide to use all of those little trick o treaters to spread the message.......Like maybe drop a Ron Paul business card into all of those candy bags for mom and dad to find when they check through the candy:D

Mass produce Ron Paul masks and force all children to go trick or treating as Ron Paul! That would give the country a shock :D

Child: *But Mom, I want to go as Batman!*
Mother: Tough, Batman doesn't believe in Freedom.

njandrewg
09-01-2007, 02:40 PM
masks kinda remind me of V for vendetta movie

skiingff
09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Here's my voiceover idea for a RP Halloween ad:

What does Halloween and the Federal Government have in common?
You never know whether you'll be getting a trick or a treat.
It's time to unmask the federal government.
Ron Paul is the nation's leading advocate for a transparent government.
Usually, seeing something transparent means you're either haunted or mentally unstable.
Ron Paul believes an open government shouldn't be such an out-of-this-world idea.
Ron Paul for President -- because government shouldn't have any skeletons in the closet.

:D

McDermit
09-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Here's my voiceover idea for a RP Halloween ad:

What does Halloween and the Federal Government have in common?
You never know whether you'll be getting a trick or a treat.
It's time to unmask the federal government.
Ron Paul is the nation's leading advocate for a transparent government.
Usually, seeing something transparent means you're either haunted or mentally unstable.
Ron Paul believes an open government shouldn't be such an out-of-this-world idea.
Ron Paul for President -- because government shouldn't have any skeletons in the closet.

:D

That's cute! I like it!

Will Op NH be making the non-Halloween ad available to meetups outside of this contest? We want to get ads running, and we can come up with the funds... it's just that we really have no idea how to go about getting an ad produced.

skiingff
09-01-2007, 03:08 PM
That's cute! I like it!

Will Op NH be making the non-Halloween ad available to meetups outside of this contest? We want to get ads running, and we can come up with the funds... it's just that we really have no idea how to go about getting an ad produced.

It's not just about getting the ad produced, it has to do with FEC regulations as well. You don't want to get into legal trouble.

Any Meetup group or individual interested in using the RP ad to air on TV can just contact me and I'll explain how to go about it. We can talk and your Meetup group could purchase airtime by the end of TODAY if you really wanted. Everything is ready-to-go, all you'd need to do is purchase the airtime for it. Between today and the date the ad will actually air (2 weeks from today minimum because it has to be sent to the local TV stations and undergo processing) the website on the ad will be changed to RonPaul2008.com and maybe one or two other minor changes.

So if anyone's interested in getting a Ron Paul TV ad on the air locally, you can have it airing in as little as 2 weeks as long as you have the money. Just let me know. The minimum for a cable campaign is $1000 and the minimum for a broadcast campaign is at least $3000-$5000. Depends on your local area.