PDA

View Full Version : Iranian president has some interesing words on American election.

richardfortherepublic
08-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Source: Charlie Rose 8/25/08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v65vhw5pkY4

Really interesting... He said that Americans do not have a lot of choices, because of the two party system.

He also noted that Americans should worry about the problems within their borders and need to 'take back all the military bases they have brought around the world'.

Words of a terrorist.

ClayTrainor
08-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Well, he's advocating our foreign policy, that's for sure.

That's all these people want, is for the Americans to withdraw.

I think it's to the point now that America will get attacked no matter what they do but, that doesnt stop the decision to "pull out" from being any more unreasonable than staying.

micahnelson
08-26-2008, 05:14 PM
He also promotes murdering gays.

We need to be careful, not all enemies of American foreign policy are our friends.

0zzy
08-26-2008, 05:23 PM

We need to be careful, not all enemies of American foreign policy are our friends.

Murdering gays? Proof?

He may not be our friends but we can still agree with him. Like, America apparently agreed with Hitler when we wanted Social Security.

Ceos
08-26-2008, 05:24 PM
I think it was a good interview.... At least it was a side of the Iranian President I havn't seen presented in MSM

orafi
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM

Dude, there are no such things as gays in Iran. That phenomenon does not occur there.

The_Orlonater
08-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Dude, there are no such things as gays in Iran. That phenomenon does not occur there.

One of my dad's gay Iranian friends says otherwise.

But I don't know. A lot of people secretly hide it in.

Malakai
08-26-2008, 08:55 PM

That's just one IMO biased interpretation of what he said at the uni interview.

To be more accurate, he said "we don't have that problem" when asked about same sex behaviors and everyone laughed at him.

The whole thing had a huge neocon spin on it.

The_Orlonater
08-26-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm liking Ahmadinejad.

ChickenHawk
08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I love the logic here. It goes something like this: America has some bad policies therefore America is the root of all evil (When Israel isn't) so any belligerent thug that speaks out against America is a hero and anything anyone says bad about the belligerent thug is just spreading Zionist Neo-Con propaganda and can't be trusted.:rolleyes:

richardfortherepublic
08-27-2008, 11:33 AM
You are missing the point. The man is speaking of the foreign policy we are advocating... and when did I say he was friendly or anything like that.

He is an enemy of freedom, but at the same time, we have oppressed his nation for years and years... he was a popularly elected official, and we should listen because he is the face and voice of the Iranian people, like it or not. He was speaking to Americans in a non-threatening manner, so we should listen.

Sure, its bad that he says gays do not exist in his country, but do we not take the same stance on Darfur, where we believe that government intervention makes matters worse? His domestic policy is none of our business, which is what he was saying, worry about yourself, and not us.

Saying we should not listen to our enemies or attempt to find common ground with them is the tactics of the exact policy we are fighting against..

richardfortherepublic
08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
I love the logic here. It goes something like this: America has some bad policies therefore America is the root of all evil (When Israel isn't) so any belligerent thug that speaks out against America is a hero and anything anyone says bad about the belligerent thug is just spreading Zionist Neo-Con propaganda and can't be trusted.:rolleyes:

This logic is so off base, I almost want to mail you some of my dads prozac....I hope that isn't you speaking... No one is saying he is a hero, idiot, I just found common ground with an "enemy" who the leaders of the nation I live in are saying that he is something I am potentially worth dying over.

I'm pretty sure America had quite a few fingers in the pie of Israel at the beginning, and we now have both fists in there now. Much of my family has lived in Israel since the beginning and they believe they would be much better off without American intervention.

Someone forgot to read chapter 2 of the Revolution.

revolutionman
08-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I dunno that he is a belligerent thug. Every time I ever hear anything about Iran its because Our own belligerent thugs are trying to intimidate him and goad him into conflict.

He's probably not a reliable ally, as his world views are molded by the culture and education one receives in that part of the world, but I most definitely not allow the POTUS or the MSM to define him for me. Just look at the bullshit identities they try to force down our throats, imagine how much room they have to play with a single person from a foreign nation that has been proclaimed an enemy.

Monolithic
08-27-2008, 03:32 PM
iranian elections aren't very free either, when the conservative party locks up all the reformists

richardfortherepublic
08-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Like it or not he is the leader, and the Representative of the people of Iran....

Grimnir Wotansvolk
08-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Words of a terrorist.I really hope this was sarcastic. Some terrorist to meet with Hasidic rabbis :rolleyes:

Ahmedinijad is absolutely correct, and this is why the MSM wants us to hate him. He is a good man, and a far superior leader to anyone we've had in a long, long time.

Monolithic
08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
ahhaahhaa ahmedinejad a good man

ahahahahha

just because he critisicizes the way the us is run doesn't make him a "good man"

he's an intolerant fundamentalist who tries to silence all opposition to him

richardfortherepublic
08-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Edit: Sorry, I am an idiot :)

nobody's_hero
08-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I thought Ron Paul was of the opinion that we shouldn't be giving these leaders (such as Mr. Ahmadinijad) any 'fuel.' Ahmadinijad simply takes the pressure that our government puts on his country and uses it to whip up support from his people. That seems logical to me.

The new problem I'm starting to see arise on these forums is that some of us are getting caught up in the government-vs-government nonsense that the elite want us to play. Liberty is what this movement started out as. Let us preserve our own and lead the world through our example, not our coercion with threats or blatant force of arms.

"Wherever the standard of freedom and Independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will [America's] heart, her benedictions and her prayers be." John Quincy Adams

Iranian students protesting (http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jvTRpNDBGEVeRgwd2cybxqYkTzMg).

Edit: Not taking sides here, the point is moot, but:
3 Posts above: "He is a good man, and a far superior leader to anyone we've had in a long, long time."

Monolithic
08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Who said he was a good man...?

Oh, no one! That's who!

Because the words "Good man" were never said until you posted it. Consider yourself an idiot and take a lollipop from the jar on your way out.

He is a good man

right fucking above my post

devil21
08-27-2008, 11:21 PM
right fucking above my post

Hmm...tell me something that you know about Ahmadinejad that makes him *not* a good man that you did not learn from a translation of Farsi or something you saw/heard on the news. Just one thing please. He is a religious based leader and he governs accordingly. He's certainly not alone in that. Check out Israel and the US for other examples of religious zealots in power.

Mini-Me
08-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Who said he was a good man...?

Oh, no one! That's who!

Because the words "Good man" were never said until you posted it. Consider yourself an idiot and take a lollipop from the jar on your way out.

I really hope this was sarcastic. Some terrorist to meet with Hasidic rabbis :rolleyes:

Ahmedinijad is absolutely correct, and this is why the MSM wants us to hate him. He is a good man, and a far superior leader to anyone we've had in a long, long time.

Emphasis added. richardfortherepublic, consider yourself an idiot and take a lollipop from the jar on your way out. If you're going to make rude and insulting comments, at least make sure you have your facts straight first.

Back on topic:
Ahmedinijad is not my favorite person in the world, and he's not even all that popular in Iran, because many people over there rightly believe his inflammatory rhetoric threatens their safety (mainly because our government is run by loose-cannons, though). He may be an enemy to freedom in general, but in this case, it's refreshing to see his thoughtful side. He was absolutely correct that we do not have much choice, and he was absolutely correct that we need to end our empire and focus on making our own lives better. I may not like the guy, but could you imagine how much better US-Iranian relations would be if our leaders paid attention to his words here?