PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh Ronvoy Route

tribute_13
08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
I've looked everywhere including the site lol. It never says where the we go to get on the bus. It says, Departure-Raleigh August 29th 9am.

No address or depot to arrive at. When I click on the google map link for the route the "meeting" place is in the middle of Capital Blvd. WTF!!??? I leave on Friday and I can't find WHERE to meet the BUS! Can someone help please? This trip has turned me into a spaz.

Gin
08-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Hang tight... we will get you all of the info as soon as we can.

I believe we have a meeting tonight at 9 pm est... http://liberty4us.org/

click on IRC chat... or type in #st.paul in your IRC Client....

Now that the Ronvoys are purchased we are working diligently to finalize the plans.

RickyJ
08-26-2008, 03:37 PM
I've looked everywhere including the site lol. It never says where the we go to get on the bus. It says, Departure-Raleigh August 29th 9am.

No address or depot to arrive at. When I click on the google map link for the route the "meeting" place is in the middle of Capital Blvd. WTF!!??? I leave on Friday and I can't find WHERE to meet the BUS! Can someone help please? This trip has turned me into a spaz.

I guess maybe they just drive by and and pick you up. :D

I can tell a lot of thought went into some of these Ronvoys. :rolleyes:

tribute_13
08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
It meets at RDU thanks for emailing me.

Susan Wolfe
08-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Just a small note: The detailed itinerary is never posted to the public. It is emailed directly to the paid attendees. The ROUTE is posted for public consumption - what CITIES you will go through - but the actual detailed itinerary, with specific meetup locations, is provided only to paid attendees, and is also provided only after all ticket sales have been finalized.

Sorry for the inconvenience - when we did this for the Revolution March, we also didn't post the detailed itinerary - but for some reason, this time, it's a clearly a different group of people attending.

With the DC trip, people took ownership and personal responsibility, and when the passenger roster was sent out (as they were earlier this week) the passengers actually contacted their drivers as instructed. In addition, the march Ronvoy attendees understood that we are not a travel service - we are a travel networking tool. Many of the rally Ronvoy attendees have acted as though we OWE them something - acting as though we are obligated to comply with their every request for special personalized service, as though we are some large corporate entity, instead of a very tiny, entirely grassroots team, working to promote and sell Ronvoy seats across the nation, while at the same time answering every critic of the idea.

It helps if people don't start contacting the organizers and begin making special requests like asking the Ronvoy to deviate from the route, or from the schedule, in order to accommodate them. It is difficult to completely confirm a pickup schedule when a hundred people are leaving you messages asking you to make a special pickup location just for them.

We also recently learned that some underage Ronvoy attendees have lied about their age, opening up the Ronvoy organizers and drivers to liability issues, and these have had to be dealt with as well. In addition, we were working to ensure that routes that DIDN'T sell out could be merged with those that DID, in order to accommodate EVERYONE who wants to attend the Rally.

So I'm sorry if the Ronvoy experience hasn't worked out for you, or that you are somehow disappointed. I am the type of person who waits until AFTER something is over to decide if I enjoyed it or not, but I've NEVER seen so many people complain about something that hasn't happened yet as I have with this Ronvoy event. I've also never seen so many pampered Ron Paul supporters as has been my experience with the Ronvoy to the Rally.

Finally, don't forget that the Ronvoy routes themselves were just created four weeks ago. And ticket sales just ended this past Friday, with a huge number of people contacting us over the weekend and these past days, trying to get on sold out Ronvoy vehicles, after close of ticket sales.

Bear in mind that there are TWO PEOPLE answering emails and phone calls for the entire nation. So if it takes us some time to get to any particular route details - quick freaking out. We are working on it, and the information will get to the travelers in time, trust me. However, with that in mind, I highly doubt I will ever work fifty hours per week, til 3 and 4 in the morning every night (on top of being a wife, mother to three sons, and a full-time working parent) to get any group of people anywhere ever again.

Most of the Ronvoy attendees this time have been very cool. But there have been those whom I wish I had never come into contact with - and I would probably kick off the Ronvoy, if I were a mean person.

See you in Minneapolis.

Susan Wolfe