PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek of Ron Paul's Speech at Rally for the Republic

MRoCkEd
08-26-2008, 10:56 AM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=393

In just one week, Dr. Paul will deliver a momentous speech to 10,000 plus at the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Here is a small excerpt from Ron’s notes on what you can expect.

We’re here today to send a message, not just to the Republican Party, not just to the politicians in power, but to the whole country and possibly the whole world.

The power brokers are convinced that they can maintain control with no serious challenge. They have it wrong!

We will challenge them on all fronts - in every state and at all levels of government. Individual liberty must be our goal. Peace and prosperity will follow.

Change for the sake of change but not doing the right thing is pure folly. Our Revolution must prevail. And it will!

Conza88
08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Personally... I recon he's just going to go out there and wing it :D hahah... same ol' Rp :p

He'd have it memorised, or know the points he wants to deliver. But you can bet your ass there will be no prompter or piece of paper being read off. :)

Jamsie 567
08-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I won't read it but thanks for posting looking forward to hearing Dr. Paul.

RickyJ
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=393

In just one week, Dr. Paul will deliver a momentous speech to 10,000 plus at the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Here is a small excerpt from Ron’s notes on what you can expect.

Sounds good except for the revolution part. You can't have a real revolution without violence. Most Americans are not ready to fight, not in the slightest.

Arklatex
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Most Americans are not ready to fight, not in the slightest.

They don't even care, trust me. Hence this story I'll give.

My mate and I found out about a bigwig republican fund raiser down the road where none other than George Bush was attending a month or two ago. They'd have to drive through a known democratic neighborhood to get there. So we made up yard signs, that had message's like 'Bush is a disgrace to the constitution' and such, we couldn't find one single residence that would let us put a sign in their yard. Not one had anything good to say about Bush, but they didn't care really. They didn't want to draw attention.

This revolution truely lies on the youth of the nation. Those over 35 don't give a shit about liberty. Btw, we did stick up one sign on public property. Hah... I'm sure the secret service got it

ShowMeLiberty
08-26-2008, 01:07 PM
<snip>
This revolution truely lies on the youth of the nation. Those over 35 don't give a shit about liberty. Btw, we did stick up one sign on public property. Hah... I'm sure the secret service got it

:rolleyes:

Yeah, none of these guys is over 35...

Tuesday’s Rally for the Republic schedule:
11:30 - Doors open
12:30 - Intro: Tucker Carlson
12:40 - National Anthem: Matt Colvin
12:50 - Invocation: Barb Davis White
12:55 - Howard Phillips
1:10 - Doug Wead
1:30 - Tom Woods
1:50 - Grover Norquist
2:10 - Lew Rockwell
2:30 - Bill Kauffman
2:50 - Special Guest
3:10 - Bruce Fein
3:35 - Gov. Jesse Ventura
4:05 - John Tate‚ Campaign for Liberty Presentation
4:25 - Gov. Gary Johnson
5:00 - Aimee Allen
6:00 - Break
7:00 - Intro: Barry Goldwater
7:05 - Ron Paul
8:05 - Sara Evans
9:30 - End of Program
9:30 - Jimmie Vaughan After Party

TruthisTreason
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
. Those over 35 don't give a shit about liberty.

I think you are wrong there. I can speak for myself, I'm 36. ;)

nc4rp
08-26-2008, 02:01 PM
same ol' Rp :p
:)

38 here :D

RickyJ
08-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Those over 35 don't give a shit about liberty.

I am 42.

Believe me, I give a shit.

Mahkato
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
You can have a revolution without violence, if there are enough of you. Which is good, because they're taking all our guns away anyway so we have no other option that peace.

CasualApathy
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow, he is really going to do it! Ron Paul is going to call for an actual REVOLUTION! Man, I am seriously considering flying over there from Denmark to witness this.

He is going to get up on that stage and deliver a speech that will be heard by generations yet unborn.

awake
08-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Violence is not required, Simply overwhelm the congress with candidates that are liberty minded....

CasualApathy
08-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh no! - My plan has been foiled:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/08/26/faa.computer.failure/index.html

Damn those neocons move fast :p

RickyJ
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, he is really going to do it! Ron Paul is going to call for an actual REVOLUTION! Man, I am seriously considering flying over there from Denmark to witness this.

He is going to get up on that stage and deliver a speech that will be heard by generations yet unborn.

Ron Paul is NOT calling for an actual revolution. He is talking about taking back the country through peaceful means.

RickyJ
08-26-2008, 03:00 PM
You can have a revolution without violence, if there are enough of you. Which is good, because they're taking all our guns away anyway so we have no other option that peace.

You can have a revolution without violence but it will fail.

CasualApathy
08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Ron Paul is NOT calling for an actual revolution. He is talking about taking back the country through peaceful means.

I never talked about violence, In fact you will find many posts from me condemning violence of any sort, unless in self-defence. And i mean literally self-defence, like if you are assaulted by someone.

I found another sneak peek of Ron Paul's speach up on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZeYVIWz99I

LibertyEagle
08-26-2008, 03:54 PM
This revolution truely lies on the youth of the nation. Those over 35 don't give a shit about liberty.

:rolleyes:

Well then, you'd better go talk to all those "youth" who are supporting Obama. Because most of the "youth" are over there.

Without the actions of some of those "over 35", your hind-end would already be in a concentration camp.

You know, posts like these really amaze me. How old do you think Ron Paul is? Is he over or under 35? Who in the hell do you think has been supporting him all these years? Those of you who weren't even an itch in your Daddy's pants, or some of us "over 35"? :rolleyes::p

CasualApathy
08-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Man you guys are lame :p

This thread should be flooded with cheers and excited declarations of admiration over the sheer awesomeness of that excerpt.

Say it with me;

This.
Is.
AWESOOOOOOOOME! :D