PDA

View Full Version : Dirty dealing at Texas Straw Poll

RonPaul2012grassroots
09-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Website says: Registration at 10 AM

On the ground at the Straw Poll: Registration from 7 AM to 10 AM. NO registrations after 10 AM! Ron Paul delegates arriving at 10 AM and later not allowed in! Documented cases of non-Ron Paul delegates being snook in the back door.

0zzy
09-01-2007, 01:31 PM
So they snuck in to vote? That'd be a good thing ;)

maggiebott
09-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Where are all the other posts on this thread? Including mine....hmmmm

Lord Xar
09-01-2007, 01:33 PM
huh? You are saying they did not allow that busload (ron paul) FOR SURE -- yet, they are letting people(non ron paul delegates) in the backdoor? Is there proof of this or theories..

thomj76
09-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Let's please wait for confirmation here...

angelatc
09-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Ron Paul delegates should have been there on time.

maggiebott
09-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Who took the other thread down on this? It was up hours ago. fucks sake!

LibertyBelle
09-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Let's please wait for confirmation here...

Yes, let's please not make accusations without proof. Where's the authenticated documentation? Not saying that this couldn't have happened, but not going to put the cart before the horse and believe hearsay.

phixonpolitics
09-01-2007, 01:44 PM
The delegates can't control the speed of the buses that they rode in. You can't blame it on them.

phixonpolitics
09-01-2007, 01:45 PM
From the post that is now gone, the blog article is here:

http://trailblazers.beloblog.com/archives/2007/09/well_thats_one_paul_votebut_ar.html

AFTFNJ
09-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Hmmm, I hate this bullshit

phixonpolitics
09-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I thought the results were supposed to come out at 2:00 or 2:30 p.m. I still can't find anything. Is this another Iowa-type deal?

0zzy
09-01-2007, 02:05 PM
I thought the results were supposed to come out at 2:00 or 2:30 p.m. I still can't find anything. Is this another Iowa-type deal?

315 I heard

phixonpolitics
09-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Well, if it makes you feel better, they've pushed it out even further to 3:30 central.

http://townhall.com/blog

Johnnybags
09-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Its gotta be Fred, Steele is probably counting the votes. Rudy will not win, Mitt will not win, McCain will not win. The only credible result(ex Paul) that the ole Texans could believe is Fredo. Par for the course. Fred is the new gorilla for a few weeks.

Hook
09-01-2007, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't trust any poll that Steele was involved with.

Kuldebar
09-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Is F. Thompson listed on the straw poll ballot?

edit: nvm, I see that he is...

A guy outside the ballroom told me he thought the order of finish in this poll would be Paul, Duncan and then Thompson. We'll see.

Hook
09-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Is F. Thompson listed on the straw poll ballot?

edit: nvm, I see that he is...

That's probably the reason for the delay. Ron paul won so they have to figure out how to discard a few hundred ballots so that Hunter can win. :)

Hook
09-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Well, it's 3:36. So what's going on?

Hook
09-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I can just picture Steele with veins popping out of his bald head slamming his fist on the table yelling about Dr. Paul winning. And how RP winning will bring the Islamofacists one step closer to our shores. :)

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
We got 3rd. Hunter won. Got twice as many votes as we did. :(

Hook
09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
41.1% Duncan Hunter (534 votes)
20.5% Fred Thompson (266 votes)
16.17% Ron Paul (217 votes)
6.4% Mike Huckabee (83 votes)
6% Rudy Giuliani (78 votes)
4.7% Mitt Romney (61 votes)
2.2% Ray McKinney (28 votes)
.77% John Cox (10 votes)
.62% John McCain (8 votes)
.46% Sam Brownback (6 votes)
.46% Tom Tancredo (6 votes)
.23% Hugh Cort (3 votes)

thomj76
09-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Move on, while the GOP is busy shooting itself in the foot, its time to educate a new generation of Americans about what the Constitution is.

If that bus of delegates was indeed turned away, then its a shame, to say the least.

Be balanced, respectful and intelligent.

maggiebott
09-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I want to SCREAM! This is so horrible

jmunjr
09-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I think Huckabee actually had a good showing considering he did not show up.

CMoore
09-01-2007, 02:49 PM

No, it's not! These straw polls are fund raisers, not valid elections.
The voting was VERY RESTRICTED. Very few likely Paul supporters
were even allowed to vote.

More important than the results of the poll was the show of
support that turned out. That was a much more valid indicator
of Dr. Paul's support than the results of the straw poll.

We need to keep it up and redouble our efforts here.

See you in Philadelphia!!!

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I've got to admit, I just really don't get this Duncan Hunter thing.

jmunjr
09-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I've got to admit, I just really don't get this Duncan Hunter thing.

Umm, weren't there a bunch of stories about how the Texas GOP delegates were pissed about all the no-shows and how the delegates would vote their displeasure? Hunter campaigned a bunch in Texas and the vote was really between him and Paul if they were going to punish the no-shows. Hence, Duncan won.

phixonpolitics
09-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I am quite disappointed and of course allowed myself a little feeling of "is it real or is it retouched?" However, I think of other polls and a little of what they tell us. In Iowa, Huckabee was the surprise with second. However, that didn't persist in other polls. Even Romney's lead hasn't persisted throughout the nation. This is Duncan Hunter's only first place ranking. However, Ron Paul is consistently in the "top tier" like none of the others. We must keep on doing what we're doing, and contributing what we can when we can.

Quantumystic
09-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I am quite disappointed and of course allowed myself a little feeling of "is it real or is it retouched?" However, I think of other polls and a little of what they tell us. In Iowa, Huckabee was the surprise with second. However, that didn't persist in other polls. Even Romney's lead hasn't persisted throughout the nation. This is Duncan Hunter's only first place ranking. However, Ron Paul is consistently in the "top tier" like none of the others. We must keep on doing what we're doing, and contributing what we can when we can.

The ONLY polls that do NOT have Ron Paul leading are the "mainstream" phone polls.

Everyone knows that Ron Paul dominates the online polls. Face it, he OWNS the internet. For which his supporters are accused of "spamming", in the attempt to marginalise the true degree of support for The Doctor. Yet, in the "real" polls w/ real people making the choice to leave their homes and physically go somewhere for the purpose of voting for a candidate... Ron Paul is in a 3 way tie for the lead!

Ron Paul................ 5 firsts, 4 seconds, 4 thirds, 2 fourths, 1 fifths, 1 sixths, 0 sevenths

Mitt Romney.......... 5 firsts, 4 seconds, 3* thirds, 2* fourths, 1* fifths, 1* sixths, 0* sevenths

Fred Thompson.... 7 firsts, 5 seconds, 0* thirds, 1* fourths, 0* fifths, 0* sixths, 1* sevenths

(*incomplete data re: Romney and Thompson placements in New Hampshire/CNHT, and Thompson in Utah GOP... Romney w/ 1 3rd or lower, Thompson w/ 1 3rd or lower and 1 5th or lower)

( Romney and Thompson tied for First in Indiana; Paul and Huckabee tied for Fourth in Indiana)

( Romney and Huckabee tied for Fourth in Washington State)

Next, let's look at the magnitude of the Wins:

Ron Paul................. 36.6%, 81.8%, 65.0%, 72.2%, 28.0%

Mit Romney............ 31.6%, 80.0%, 40.5%, 46.0%, 26.8%

Fred Thompson..... 25.7%, 45.7%, 30.0%, 33.0%, 26.8%, 25.0%, 21.0%

Ron Paul's winning percentages overpower BOTH Romney and Thompson. Paul has decisive overall majority victories in 3 of his 5 wins. Romney manages 1... in his home state of Utah. And Thompson never even really comes close to an overall majority victory. Very telling.

McCain is MIA. Again. At least this time, he's not spending it in a Vietnamese tiger trap. Giuliani is just a joke that's getting pummeled by the FDNY over 9/11. When he's not running around in drag, that is.

And at the end of the 2nd Quarter Finance Reporting, RP had more money in the bank than ALL but 2. Giuliani and Romney. Btw... Romney only had a little over $1 million more than The Doctor in raised funds in the bank. He did "loan himself" around $6 million to make it look better than it really was. W/ Thompson formally entering the race, he'll no doubt have more money than The Doctor... but so what.

Bottomline Reality... Ron Paul is kicking EVERYONE'S ass. The people who don't support Ron Paul won't admit it now, but when the votes that count come in at the State Primaries... what THEY say won't matter.

:cool:

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 03:30 PM
It's great, but let's remember they were very small straw polls.

Chester Copperpot
09-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Its good.. Look at it this way NOW Duncan HUnter will stay in the race.. Keep splitting that pro-war vote... THis stuff is all going as planned.... Fred comes in the race now and splits the prowar vote even more...

Hell let Newt in too.. Itll split it further. God is on Ron Pauls side. We are going to win

Chester Copperpot
09-01-2007, 03:36 PM

No, it's not! These straw polls are fund raisers, not valid elections.
The voting was VERY RESTRICTED. Very few likely Paul supporters
were even allowed to vote.

More important than the results of the poll was the show of
support that turned out. That was a much more valid indicator
of Dr. Paul's support than the results of the straw poll.

We need to keep it up and redouble our efforts here.

See you in Philadelphia!!!

Very true.. as the voters here are all old republican party types.. 16% is good.. with the bus thing it probably woulda been close to 25%.. thats good.. its a good representation of how paul is nationwide.

Quantumystic
09-01-2007, 04:04 PM
It's great, but let's remember they were very small straw polls.

Some, perhaps. But it's THE "smallest straw poll" of ALL that's actually the Most Important... the choice made by every individual to vote for Ron Paul in the first place.

These polls by and large don't reflect how many independents and even former Dems (like my wife and myself) are getting ready to cross ALLS lines in support of RP.

I guess it was about 2-3 months ago, the RP meetup groups numbered about 600. Yesterday I saw an article quoting the Vice President of Meet-Up Groups saying The Doctor now has something like over 30,000 members in over 800 groups! That's insane growth in such a short time.

And adding new members... adds NEW DONORS. We're not maxing out a small limited number of donors. We're creating NEW DONORS by the thousands even TENS of thousands.

When we bring all this together, it's powerful stuff.

They tried to dismiss us from the very beginning. They failed.
They tried to ban The Doctor from the debates. They failed.
They tried to marginalise The Revolution. They failed.
And come the State Primaries, where ANY Registered Republican can vote... They WILL FAIL again!

RonPaul2012grassroots
09-01-2007, 04:59 PM
FWIW, definitely two Ron Paul supporters took photos of the "late" non-Ron Paul delegates being secreted in to the Straw Poll. I can't say who those two are now, but they will be coming forward with their complaints.

Shoulda guessed there'd be a den of vipers there.

ladyliberty
09-01-2007, 05:05 PM
The delegates can't control the speed of the buses that they rode in. You can't blame it on them.

Maybe the drivers were paid off to take the scenic route???

devil21
09-01-2007, 05:18 PM
FWIW, definitely two Ron Paul supporters took photos of the "late" non-Ron Paul delegates being secreted in to the Straw Poll. I can't say who those two are now, but they will be coming forward with their complaints.

That should be interesting.

Revolution9
09-01-2007, 05:33 PM
God is on Ron Pauls side. We are going to win

'Nuff Said..Keep up the momentum..

Randy

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 05:39 PM

I'm glad they have photos. Otherwise, we would come off like a bunch of whiners. They are already expecting that.

Derek Johnson
09-01-2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIh_2cun_xE

Here's my footage from today [Ft. Worth TX straw poll], I'll post some interviews with non-Paul people later.