PDA

View Full Version : 22% of delegates at Dem Convention are millionaires

Liberty Star
08-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Heard in CBS news the other day. Nothing wrong with extraordinary financial achievements but is it really representative cross-section of US electorate?

RSLudlum
08-25-2008, 07:03 PM
YAY!!!!!!!! TAX THE RICH!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

FindLiberty
08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I envy (the evil genius of) those that invented class envy!

Liberty Star
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
This wasn't about classes but about role of money in the business of our politics, especially when we talk about "grass roots" level activities. Self-made millionaires aside, "calss" doesn't change if an individual makes millions using political connections and then exert financial muscle to buy more influence and corrupt the system. 22% of US population is not millionaire, it seemed bit odd.

Defining Obscene
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Compared to how many at the last RNC?

Pauls' Revere
08-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Yet another reason our political system needs a major overhaul.

LiveFree79
08-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah I highly doubt many of those 22% are really self made millionaires gimme a fucking break. I know a couple of truly self made millionaires and they don't hang out at DNC conventions nor do they flaunt their money. They are for the most part the most frugal people I know. Anyone willing to manipulate, lie, steal, cheat, etc. can be a millionaire in America nowadays. What's sad is people will automatically envy someone who's wealthy without questioning how they made that wealth. I know a drug dealer that's a millionaire and I know a farmer that's a millionaire. Who's a better human being? The middle class is being destroyed. And without a strong middle class we will lose our bastion of liberty and democratic processes. Most revolutions throughout history have been about the differences between the rich and the poor. But rich people keep forgetting their history. The American elite/filthy rich will get what's coming to them some day.

libertarian4321
08-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Yeah I highly doubt many of those 22% are really self made millionaires gimme a fucking break.

I'll bet most of them are, since the overwhelming majority of American millionaires are first generation (and there are millions of millionaires in the USA, its not all that rare anymore).

All you have to do to become a millionaire is have you and your wife get a decent job (paying maybe $75k apiece), live on $50k per year, and invest the rest- you'll be a millionaire in short order.

You never know, the guy standing next to you wearing a Ron Paul Tshirt might be a millionaire...