PDA

View Full Version : Distribute this to your meetups! (final push for the Rally)

Matt Collins
08-25-2008, 06:21 PM
I wrote this up and sent it to the Nashville Meetup today. Feel free to retool it and send it out to your respective meetups in the next day or so!

__________________________________________________ _

We are approaching the last chance to sign up for Ron Paul's "Rally for the Republic" in Minneapolis next week.

Apparently several hundred Tennesseans will be attending overall estimates are between 9,000-12,000 fellow Ron Paul supporters and liberty lovers. Tickets for the main event are only a symbolic $17.76

It is still possible to find good travel deals including lodging. Or you could consider carpooling with someone who is already attending which would allow your costs to be split.

The Rally for the Republic event will accomplish several goals:
- It will celebrate all of the advances we have made and friendships kindled in the last year
- It will kick-start the next phase of the liberty movement - the ongoing "Campaign for Liberty"
- It will show the GOP that Ron Paul supporters are indeed a force to be reckoned with (the GOP convention is right next door in St. Paul - ahh the irony)
- It will help keep group cohesion and put us on the right track for the future

Let me tell you a quick story..... Originally I was personally not planning on attending. Being a true fiscal conservative I was not going to justify the money it would take to get up there, have lodging, get around town, attend the event, eat on the road, and get back. For those who do not know me I am 26 years old and I am putting every spare dollar I have into paying down my college debt (if only the government ran like this, eh?). However the other night I was on the phone with my dad and he said to me "it probably wouldn't be that expensive and if you don't go you will regret it in a few years. Besides, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity - this may never happen again". After pondering what he said I realized he talked me in to going. Oddly enough what am I giving up besides money to attend? Well my parents' 41st wedding anniversary is next week which I will be unable to celebrate because I'll be in Minnesota.

There are college students attending who have little or no money. There are people with a family and a job who are taking vacation time to attend. There are those who are retired and on limited income attending. We have a gentlemen about to start law school who is considering missing the first week of class at Vanderbilt to attend. We even have another gentlemen who has a family, a mortgage, and was recently laid off but yet is making the time and effort to attend.

I am telling you this because the more I thought about it the more I realized there was no reason for me not to go to Minneapolis. Besides, I don't think Ron will be coming back to Nashville anytime soon. If all of the above people can make the sacrifice to attend, and their sacrifices are way bigger than mine would be, then I surely I can put out the effort and the money to show up.

You should consider going with us. If you have already considered it, please reconsider it.

Here is a list of the known people that will be speaking at the rally:
Gov. Jesse Ventura
Gov. Gary Johnson
Barry Goldwater JR
Lew Rockwell
Tucker Carlson
Howard Phillips
Doug Wead
Tom Woods
Grover Norquist
Bill Kauffman
Bruce Fein
Aimee Allen
(there is another special unannounced guest)
And of course Ron Paul
Also Sara Evans will be performing along with Jimmie Vaughn (Stevie Ray's brother).

You can find all of the details here at the "Rally for the Republic" website:
http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/

If you are looking to carpool up to Minnesota and don't know anyone going, please contact (state coordinator info listed here) as she can direct you to others with the same need

We would like to see everyone there. But don't do it for me. Don't do it for Ron either. Do it for your country. This is the second step in the R3volution....

In liberty,

-Matt Collins
Nashville, TN