PDA

View Full Version : Communications with the National Campaign

Don
09-01-2007, 11:30 AM
In the interest of preventing the disinformation and speculation that manifested itself on this forum regarding, for example, Anita Andrews and her role with the campaign, I have created a "Contact Me" link at the top of my blog so that questions such as this can be quickly and easily answered.

http://freemansburden.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to ask me if you have a question about staff, the campaign, or any issue relating to Dr. Paul. Understand that I am still bound by the constraints of federal law and propriety so my answers may not always be satisfying, but I hope it will be helpful in keeping everyone focused on the task at hand, helping Dr. Paul win this race!

I also want to take a second and thank all of you for your hard work and your efforts on behalf of the campaign and the freedom movement.

Don Rasmussen
Special Assistant
Ron Paul 2008 PCC

Cowlesy
09-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for all the hard work you and your team are doing in D.C. and around the nation!

ghemminger
09-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey Don!
Welcome to the Forums! I have an email into Brandon @ HQ regarding a huge OCt.13th effort! Hope you guys can be a part - but you will have to move pretty quick if you want to integrate it into a MASSIVE fundraising activity!

Don
09-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Thank you guys. I will touch base with Brandon on the Oct. 13 event. Keep up the great work!

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 12:10 PM
bump

jpa
09-06-2007, 12:55 PM
thank you!

cujothekitten
09-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Thank you for your hard work and the contact info!

Shink
09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Thank you guys. I will touch base with Brandon on the Oct. 13 event. Keep up the great work!

Likewise. Don, how are things going on the big Philadelphia rally? It was planned by people here but I think it got to the campaign. Sematary got Michael Badnarik to commit to speaking and people are looking into music, etc. Ron Paul is what it needs to be a blowout success.:)

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
bump

Colleen
09-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Thank you, Don. I can feel the love & hope you know we love you guys there!!!:D

Kuldebar
09-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Why isn't this thread a sticky?

Cowlesy
09-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Why isn't this thread a sticky?

I AGREE. Sticky those so maybe we can not get into these debates about official campaign staff. If they are true RP staffers that have been verified (as they all have), let's get behind them and motivate them, not question their motives! If you do want to question them, question them DIRECTLY, and NOT through this public forum which many new users visit.

If you can't figure out how to question them through email, call the campaign HQ---they're good folks, and they will help.

Lord Xar
09-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Can you tell me why Ron Paul hasn't co-sponsored this bill: H.R.1940

I know he has his own, but there are no co-sponsors and it would seem beneficial to also sign the one above since most are going with that one (with 79 current co-signers).

njjack
09-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Don do you have a ronpaul2008.com email address? The contact link you posted here forwards to a hotmail email account, I'm guessing this is your personal email account?

Don
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM

Lord Xar
09-10-2007, 12:02 AM
DON --> why is there NO link to the RONPAULLIBRARY.COM site? from the main site...????? You might also want to link to the MOST popular youtube videos like avaroths and such.....

Don
09-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Fair point. I'll pass it along.

lynnf
09-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Something that concerns me, that was somewhat touched on by another thread, is how RP comes across. In the other thread, body language was pointed out as being a concern, along with a non-RP observer describing him as whiney or shrill.

I was at the Texas Straw Poll and I observed RP at the Jimmy Vaughan party, the breakfast, and the "pro-war rally" inside the convention center. At the former two, RP was relaxed and came across as grandfatherly and rational type. At the latter, he seemed a little shrill and I think that has been the case at the debates, also. It wasn't helped by the lighting in the center, which gave him dark shadows under the eyes (was the podium moved to accommodate the family coming out behind him at the end of his speech, thereby throwing him out of a lighting zone?) and he seemed kind of threatening or sinister.

I think that this is a very delicate matter because we don't want to interfere with what makes RP RP too much. But it certainly might be an important area for future improvement.

lynn

Don
09-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Like everybody, he is best when he is fresh. He is getting stronger and more confident all of the time and that will continue. He gets his energy from all of you, knowing all of the folks are out supporting him and working hard for freedom is the best B-12 shot in the world!

Don
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I talked to Justine, all of the content from Ron Paul library is being uploaded to the website. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Dan Coble
09-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi Don.....I sent you an email about the St. Pete Debate....Let me know if you got it?

Dan.

lynnf
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Like everybody, he is best when he is fresh. He is getting stronger and more confident all of the time and that will continue. He gets his energy from all of you, knowing all of the folks are out supporting him and working hard for freedom is the best B-12 shot in the world!

I beg your pardon, but I think you sloughed that off unjustifiably. It doesn't make sense. At the Jimmy Vaughn party, it was at the end of the day, apparently after the fund raiser in Dallas. One would think he would be most tired at that time but he was relaxed and vibrant

At the breakfast, true he would be fresh assuming he got a good night's sleep. Again he was relaxed and vibrant then. The straw poll speech was a little past mid-morning. Should have been pretty fresh then but if you know something that I don't about that, please enlighten us. I think it's a matter of venue rather than freshness, and maybe other factors.

I would imagine that the other candidates have handlers that coach and prep for each debate. I don't think RP should go to the same level as the other candidates have in that, but some polishing with respect to the image projected would probably be a good thing. Just trying to help.

lynn

MsDoodahs
09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Don, I read here a week or so ago that the campaign was putting together a DVD that we would be able to copy for distribution on our own.

Can you find out where that project stands and if it is ready, let us know where to get it?

Thanks.

RevolutionSD
09-10-2007, 11:53 PM
One thing Ron's site needs to adapt is a link to Register to Vote. RP will get lots of votes from dems and independents that will re-register as republicans for the primaries, but you HAVE TO HOLD THEIR HANDS or they will not register. Thanks!

Thunderbolt
09-11-2007, 12:38 AM

Thunderbolt
09-11-2007, 12:39 AM

Thunderbolt
09-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Thunderbolt
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Lord Xar
09-11-2007, 01:33 AM
DON,

please put the information on HOW TO BECOME A DELEGATE for Ron Paul -- how to change affiliation..

Please -- the site is lacking in alot of pertinent information that will actually get people to vote... you have the library going up! - Awesome... get the delegate info up and explain that people need to register as republicans in certain states..

thanks.

Patriot
09-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I AGREE. Sticky those so maybe we can not get into these debates about official campaign staff. If they are true RP staffers that have been verified (as they all have), let's get behind them and motivate them, not question their motives! If you do want to question them, question them DIRECTLY, and NOT through this public forum which many new users visit.

If you can't figure out how to question them through email, call the campaign HQ---they're good folks, and they will help.

To the admin, could the RP staffers get a designation on this site, instead of New Member or Senior Member, how about Official Staff?

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 03:16 PM
We need a repository of high res photos and video footage of Ron at various speaking engagements that is available for use by the grassroots without having to call HQ and plead for it.

Is there not a way to put something up on the net that is available for use by us in our various projects?

There has GOT to be a way to do that, and it would make life sooooo much easier for all the people putting together various projects, be those projects print ads or commercials.

Thunderbolt
09-11-2007, 06:58 PM

Don
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
You post a private message to a public forum and then you insult me...nice. I guess no good deed or kind word goes unpunished around these parts.

I'm sorry you guys, I thought I was doing something positive and helpful by involving myself in these forum discussions and making my email available to you. Buy a small number of "supporters" have been filling my private box and e-mail everyday with nasty-grams telling me what a bunch of idiots we, the campaign staff, are. It's soul killing and I'm not going to do it anymore. To the majority of you who care about electing Ron and want to work together to accomplish this, I am as disappointed as you. I hope I see you all on the campaign trail.

This is a tough job, and we take it very seriously. We listen to suggestions all of the time, some we adopt, some we don't, some get put in the hopper and it takes a while to get them implemented. We didn't add a link to the library for the reason you mentioned, we are uploading Ron's speeches and other info that is also available on the library. That is a time consuming process and is being done by someone who has 20 other projects on their desk that other people are also asking why they weren't done yesterday and feeling indigent about.

I won't put this on the public forums, but I have sent out 4 messages to the campaign, one directly to Lew, three to Justine and called national HQ 7 times to ask them to do exactly that: add a link to Ron Paul's articles from the Library. I started asking this in March.

I am only telling you this because so far, the campaign has treated folks who write to them pretty poorly.

I also suggested that they sell car windshield sun visors. You can buy them online printed for 2 bucks each. Sell them for five plus shipping and you can make a fortune. Plus, think of all the huge signs in the cars that could be seen from several stories up if your office overlooks a parking lot. There are tons of sites online that do this kind of printing on cardboard sun visors.

Here is one site: http://www.extra-mile.com/decal/gl-069sunb.htm

I don't know anything about the company, but they are not the only ones that do this.

Plus, Meetup groups could distribute them and sell them to raise funds? Remember the old Moonies? They made a fortune off of kids selling roses on the street. Can we make money doing this?

They aren't cheap until you buy a lot of them. Or I would do it myself.

Even without the last two ideas, these would look great in car windows.

Can you please get this product on the Ron Paul store in the main website? ASAP. I have been asking about this for months and months and months. No one has even bothered to respond to me.

So, what about the windshield sunscreen idea?

And as far as uploading the info onto Ron Paul's website, why does it take over 6 months to implement? This campaign isn't that long. Don't cry about having too much work - ask for 100 volunteers. Or 1000. Or whatever you need. You have the people out here who can do the work. Don't be silly about this and so put upon. I know if you asked for some computer geeks to help you upload things onto your site, you would have 100 people jumping over themselves to do the work for you.

Start running the campaign a little smarter. You have a lot of help out here. You have over 40,000 people across the country that take time out of their schedules to help Ron Paul every day. Why do I constantly hear that you don't have enough help? You don't have to pay any of us you know.

I personally am working 100 hours a week for Ron Paul, and I get nothing to do it, so I don't want to hear that you are busy or that the guy who is going to get to that some day has 20 projects on his desk. He shouldn't. He should have 50 volunteers doing the work for him.

You don't have the time to not listen to this. You lost Iowa because everyone was working too hard and all the balls kept dropping. Don't do it again.

We here in Phoenix have been told there is going to be a big telephone push sometime in December. But January 7, is the drop dead date to become a Republican to vote in the primary. Again - you are waiting too long to get things started. Half of December is gone with folks out on holiday, so what do you want to give us? Two weeks to call tens of thousands of voters?

I am angry because I am tired of the excuses from the campaign and you are going to rob us of the one chance to have the only President who ever cared about the people. And all because some guy has too many projects on his desk?

Go get some volunteers. Thousands of them. Let's go.

What really makes me angry is you say"We didn't add a link to the library for the reason you mentioned, we are uploading Ron's speeches and other info that is also available on the library." I told you this needed to be done in March, April, May, June, June, June, July, and August. You agreed that this is a great idea. So why have we lost so much time? We can't get it back. The folks who looked at a hard to navigate website that has no information on it are gone. You can't get them back. This is a number one priority. It is how you get his message out to the people.

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 10:31 PM
You post a private message to a public forum and then you insult me...nice. I guess no good deed or kind word goes unpunished around these parts.

I'm sorry you guys, I thought I was doing something positive and helpful by involving myself in these forum discussions and making my email available to you. Buy a small number of "supporters" have been filling my private box and e-mail everyday with nasty-grams telling me what a bunch of idiots we, the campaign staff, are. It's soul killing and I'm not going to do it anymore. To the majority of you who care about electing Ron and want to work together to accomplish this, I am as disappointed as you. I hope I see you all on the campaign trail.

Don, there's bound to be criticism and there's bound to be frustration for all of us.

Please stick around. This very active, very useful forum (warts and all) needs some official contact with the campaign. It looks like you're it!

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Don, please reconsider the comment you made above, and perhaps do an edit.

Thank you.

M.Bellmore
09-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Don,

Please do not leave. I saw it as a great positive thing that someone from the campaign was involved in this forum.

As was stated elsewhere, anyone can join the forum, even non-RP supporters (ie. trolls). While I wish there was a way to stop them, there isn't (at least none that I know of).

Great job forum ppl :mad:

Again, we appreciate the campaign and it's monumental task of getting Ron Paul elected!

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 10:56 PM
On behalf of some our over zealous RP supporters - I apolgize!!! Expect more of the same - We can be amotley group

GrassRoots organizers need to read the following before contacting HQ:

Welcome to the Revolution!

So, you have just discovered Ron Paul. Congratulations and welcome to the revolution! Many of you have never been involved with a political movement before. I was you merely six months ago. I expect that you are much like I was a few months ago, unsure of what to do next. Hopefully this will give you a little orientation to the Ron Paul Revolution!

1)There is little national direction for our grassroots campaign- so don't wait for instructions.

This may come as a surprise to you, but we are a true grassroots movement. The signs you see, the fliers you have received, and the Internet dominance we have achieved have been independent from the national campaign. So what does this mean to you? Since no one is in charge, we have to take charge for ourselves. Ideally this would be done through your local Meetup group. These small groups are the smaller cells that make up the body of the campaign. You can access Meetup directly, or go through the www.RonPaul2008.com website. Join a local group and see what they are doing. You may find that working with a small local group is better than going it alone. This does, however, lead me to my second point

2)Ron Paul attracts many different types of people, so understand that you will disagree with some of the people you meet.

Don't feel intimidated or get angry with people who feel differently than you. Focus on the main goal of getting Ron Paul the Republican Nomination, and then the Presidency. If political differences become too much, don't be afraid of starting your own group. The worst thing you can do is give up on the movement because of disagreement with some of its members.

3)Think and operate as locally as possible, starting with friends and family

Do you know two people who are unsatisfied with our government? I doubt you could find two people who ARE satisfied. If at all possible, try to “Double Yourself” which is to say, find two people to support the Ron Paul campaign and will “Double” themselves. This sort of growth is exponential, and has been the key to our success thus far. While some meetups and online communities are collaborating on large scale media advertising, don't overlook the importance of convince your own circle of influence. Here is a little joke that might give you some insight

Q: How can you tell you are in a room with a Ron Paul supporter?
A: He'll tell you.

4)Use your talents, abilities, and skills.

During the Revolutionary War, heroes were made out of seamstresses, orators, soldiers, financiers, shopkeepers and more. There is even a place in history for Molly Pitcher, who brought water to soldiers, and manned artillery after her husband fell. Don't try to be someone your not, just use who you are to support the campaign. Bake cookies for neighbors with Ron Paul fliers, talk to your friends or pastor at church, the possibilities are as diverse- and that gives us strength.

5)Don't Forget the Basics

Put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. When possible, wear a “Who is Ron Paul?” T-shirt (people WILL ask you), and keep campaign literature at the ready to give out.

Where you go is up to you. This is new territory for all of us.

Stay informed, Stay Motivated, and most of all Stay Excited!

Useful Sites:
www.RonPaul2008.com
www.Ronpaulforums.com
www.RonPaul.Meetup.Com
www.freeme.tv
www.youtube.com Ron Pauls videos under the YouChoose '08 category

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh man. I hope everyone makes friends again.

aravoth
09-11-2007, 11:37 PM
:confused:

Man from La Mancha
09-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Don stick around, the lack of info from main HQ is just fustrating and sets some people off we need your input. You must know human nature by now. Good luck with your efforts

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
the thing is.. we don't even know if it was in fact "real" ron paul supporters -- but just agitators.. that is highly possible, and to me - an effective way for the campaing to not get some very awesome ideas..

SO, for me... I can't imagine someone being that rude to someone from HQ who is ron paul supporter --

my 2 cents. I think perhaps a good solution would be the following..

DON GIVE HIS "NEW" EMAIL to ONE or maybe two persons. THAT PERSON, and that person only gives don updates on IDEAS gathered from this site.

there it is.. simple and effective.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2007, 06:33 AM
I can't speak for the campaign or Don or anyone but myself. But pretend for a minute I can.

No, the campaign can't do windshield visors. Or dog bowls. Or framed Ron Paul art. The staff is much too busy handling campaign things.

If there were a need for windshield visors up here, I would look at doing them and selling small batches here at cost, like I do the shirts. But in MN, winder is coming, and we like that sun to get into our cars.

Post the windshield visor idea out on the main forum. Someone in the south might decide to take it on.

Don't bug the campaign on every little thing, guys. The Ron Paul library can be found very easily on the 'net. If Ron Paul doesn't get elected, it will be because the campaign staff spent half their time replying to thousands of email messages. Don't email them! Let them get their job done! There's plenty we can do on our own without their help and input.

jjschless
09-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Don you shouldn't be surprised by some of the things said or done. Just taking a stroll through the forums will yeild a vast array of differences amoung individuals. Trolls, chearleaders and fools make up a small but vocal pecentage of this forum and most other forums.

This is the internet, home of the scoundrel and land of the make-believe. A place where anonymous people do things they wouldn't dream of doing in real life.

Now I am sure you have been using the internet for a while and all of this is obvious to you. Taking that into account quitting is the worst recourse one could take. You must overcome the odds not submit to them, you must meet the challenge not avoid it.

I do not question your intention or integrity as you are working with the campaign and clearly they see value in your employment. I do not mean to insult you or patronize you. But I do expect you to rise above the petty bullshit, get a grip and carry the ball another 10 yards.

Lord Xar
09-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Don --- "if" you are still on these forums.. can you nudge someone to perhaps get Ron Paul to be a little more vocal on his opposition to illegal immigration and the welfare of it and such. I know how he feels, but when he mentions "they are the scapegoat".. people don't tie that IN with taxes/money and all of that.. he is thinking too much. He needs to seperate positions a little and realize that laypersons are not as insightful as himself on how they all interact.

He needs to really VOICE his opinions THEN intertwine them with his ideals..

"I oppose Amnesty and open borders. I believe a nation without borers is no nation at all... It is because of our foreign policies that..... etc.. scapegoat"..

He needs to lead in a bit more... I am a HUGE illegal immigration oppononent.. and that is what drew me initially to Ron Paul, but I am not hearing him talk of this and it sorta is a put off GIVEN his stances on it. When he says "they are the scapegoat">. we aint' thinking "yeah, the gov. is using the monies to support a foreign interventionalist program and we put americans out of work, and the illegals are scapegoats"... what we hear is "What? they are scapegoats? The are victims?.. what the!!!!"

If he is gonna mention the scapegoats, then he should tighten that up with... "and though we use them as scapegoats, we should not tolerate open borders and a welfare state that breeds incentives for them to come here.." etc...

seriously... this is sorta serious.

Thunderbolt
09-16-2007, 02:37 AM

heiwa
09-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Mr. Thunderbolt,

Yes, Don is real. I had the pleasure of working with him in Iowa. But after assaults like yours, I can understand why he's taken a step back. With all that the campaign staff has to do, everything comes down to choices. Time spent responding to your rather bold requests for action are surely better spent dealing with the hundreds of things already stacked on their plates.

I understand that you are spending a hundred hours a week without pay to elect Dr. Paul. That's terrific. I wonder how you would feel if people you didn't know and who didn't know you or what you were doing started demanding that you do additional work.

Perhaps a little compassion on your part would do you and the whole campaign some good. Just do what you can do. That's enough.

Part of the whole grassroots effort, as Ms. Scribbler so adequately described is that we have to do what we can do. Good suggestions are often taken and run with by the folks on the forums. Instead of telling the campaign what they should or shouldn't do, please do it yourself or invite others to.

There's plenty to go around <smile>.

In Peace,
Jen

Thunderbolt
09-18-2007, 03:48 PM

ghemminger
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Thunderbolt - u are now talking crazy talk - I have recieved replies from HQ! You are severly going off the deep end my friend. Please do not berate Campaign Staff - the more you do the harder you make it upon us all trying to work with them -

Your passion has now clouded your judgement -

buffalokid777
09-19-2007, 02:16 AM
To the admin, could the RP staffers get a designation on this site, instead of New Member or Senior Member, how about Official Staff?

I second this motion (surprised others haven't)

Please give "Official" campaign staff that have been verified a special designation so if there are questions or suggestions we'd like to give we can, and be sure they will be seen by someone where they might do some good.

EXCELLENT IDEA PATRIOT!

mdh
09-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Is it worth their own title? There are only two PCC staff accounts as far as I know, Justine and Don... Justine doesn't come around very often, and Don said he's done here.

Thunderbolt
09-19-2007, 03:52 PM

justaguy
09-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Please fix the link on the Quill donation animation, on ronpaul2008.com. It inputs the code 1987 instead of 1787.

Thanks,
-Chris

LibertyEagle
11-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Ok, here's one for the campaign...

Why on earth have you not yet held a Press Conference with Goldwater, Jr. on his recent endorsement of Paul?

This is the single most important endorsement we have received and there is zero media coverage. His endorsement could go a long way towards helping us out in a number of states, yet it will do absolutely nothing if people do not know!

Cowlesy
11-20-2007, 08:40 AM

Why on earth have you not yet held a Press Conference with Goldwater, Jr. on his recent endorsement of Paul?

This is the single most important endorsement we have received and there is zero media coverage. His endorsement could go a long way towards helping us out in a number of states, yet it will do absolutely nothing if people do not know!

+1

tremendoustie
11-22-2007, 05:35 PM

+10000000000

Paul4Prez
11-23-2007, 12:36 PM
The primary information page at RonPaul2008.com is out of date for New Hampshire and Wyoming. It says NH is 1/22 and WY is 1/22, but they are 1/8 and 1/5, respectively. Also, the party change deadline in Kansas still is a question mark.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/

Also, the link isn't listed on the front page anymore, but it's the most important information in the whole campaign. The link now just shows Maryland (which is over for changing parties, 11/19), and WV. Why not a link to all state info, and keep it updated?

Jimmy
11-23-2007, 12:52 PM

I agree with that...

Paul4Prez
11-29-2007, 10:23 AM
The main campaign site shows a party change deadline of November 30th for Louisiana, but the primary and caucus schedule page says January 10th. The link to Louisiana info is broken, too.

I checked the Louisiana state site, and it says the party change deadline is 30 days before the election, which would be January 10th.

http://www.sos.louisiana.gov/tabid/457/Default.aspx

How can I change my party affiliation? (R.S. 18:107(B))

Your party affiliation can be changed by simply sending your Registrar of Voters a written note requesting your party change (including signature), or by completing another application. Please note: if you are changing your party right before an election, it must be done 30 days prior to an election. Party changes received after book closing for an election cannot be in effect until the next election.

Todd
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Just wondering if the ads labeled #1 and #2 on Ronpaulforpresident2008.com today are real campaign ads. They seem good and to the point.

Todd
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Let me clarify...They are Video ads posted on this site today.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
The main campaign site shows a party change deadline of November 30th for Louisiana, but the primary and caucus schedule page says January 10th. The link to Louisiana info is broken, too.

I checked the Louisiana state site, and it says the party change deadline is 30 days before the election, which would be January 10th.

http://www.sos.louisiana.gov/tabid/457/Default.aspx

How can I change my party affiliation? (R.S. 18:107(B))

Your party affiliation can be changed by simply sending your Registrar of Voters a written note requesting your party change (including signature), or by completing another application. Please note: if you are changing your party right before an election, it must be done 30 days prior to an election. Party changes received after book closing for an election cannot be in effect until the next election.

January 9th is a state statute for elections. November 30th is a state GOP by-law to participate in the real primary.. the caucuses.

Go to your parish courthouse and ask the clerk in the Registrar of Voter's office for a change of party affiliation card. Make them process it while you are there. You want instant verification that its been completed by 4pm today!