PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!! Ron Paul Patriots this is better then Silver or Gold. FOR YOUR FUTURE!!!!

RonPaulCentral
08-25-2008, 03:34 PM
As a Ron Paul Patriot you know the value of investing in Gold and Silver. There have been a number of posts here in the forum over time that deal with questions like:

1. Where is the best place to get silver and gold?
2. Is it best to hold it physically or go with an ETF or pooled account.
3. How can I buy small amounts because I don't have a lot of money.
4. What about the possibility of govt confiscation? (yeah good luck ol' Uncle Sam)
5. What dealers can be trusted and deliver on schedule?

Etc etc etc. And like the helpful group that we are many people step forward to offer suggestions and help to guide that individual.

NOW THE REASON I AM POSTING THIS MESSAGE.

I would like to take credit for coming up with this myself, but that is not the case. I came across this information while reading another website but I thought it was a great way to address question #3 above.

This is perfect for folks that don't have a lot of money to spend. I myself am now devoting $100 a week to this and the BEST PART is I can take care of it once a week (Friday) while I do a bank deposit.

Tell me if this is not the best. Following what I am doing will bring you these benefits:

1. For every $100 you invest you will IMMEDIATELY make approximately $35

2. Your "investment" can NEVER drop below the amount you spend. So your $100 will always be worth at least $100.

3. Chances are in less then 3 years your investment will become highly "desired".

4. It can be accomplished at YOUR LOCAL BANK.

Ready for this? BUY NICKELS. Every $100 worth of rolled Nickels are worth about $130 in metal and could easily be worth $200 shortly and could possibly be worth up to $700 in say ten years.

Just like Silver Quarters (pre-65) disappeared off the street when the govt changed to copper quarters so will nickels when the become something like Zinc.

Everything is explained at this link I am going to share with you. Just a note, I do not operate this website nor am I associated with it. I am just sharing what I feel to be a GREAT resource.

http://www.survivalblog.com/nickels.html

Start saving those rolls of Nickels!

Enjoy my friends....

eric_cartman
08-25-2008, 03:45 PM
well... this guy is kinda right. the value of the metal in a 5 cent coin is worth about 7 cents.

HOWEVER: it is illegal to melt down coins for their metallic value. and it is illegal to bring large quantities of coins out of the country.

so given that information, what exactly are you going to do with your bags of nickels? if you melt them down or take them out of the country, you could be arrested and put in jail.

whereas if you buy gold and silver, it is legal lawful constitutional tender. and espeically if you get the old gold coins (pre 1933 like saints or liberties)... they are immune from US government gold confiscation because they are considered rare coins, instead of gold bullion.

so i would not recommend anyone buying large quantities of nickels. you can buy junk bags of silver though, and that's not a bad idea (basically bags of dimes, nickels and quarters minted before 1964 which contain real silver). but i would stick with gold and silver coins (eagles, maple leafs, etc.)

i recommend buying from these guys
http://www.allamericangold.com/

call 1-800-951-0592 and place your order. these guys do a radio show ever weekday, so you can listen to their show, and call them during business hours to place your order

http://patriotarchives.blogspot.com/

RonPaulCentral
08-25-2008, 03:49 PM
well... this guy is kinda right. the value of the metal in a 5 cent coin is worth about 7 cents.

HOWEVER: it is illegal to melt down coins for their metallic value. and it is illegal to bring large quantities of coins out of the country.

so given that information, what exactly are you going to do with your bags of nickels? if you melt them down or take them out of the country, you could be arrested and put in jail.

They would become an easy to sell item on eBay just like rolled Quarters are now. Also, after they change the basis of the metal used for minting it will fall of the prohibited list.

This is not something for "short term" but a great place to tuck away "extra cash" ... better then holding onto paper money for sure AND it will return more in the end. It is a safe manner for someone to tuck away a little each week. After all someone could pick up 5 rolls a week for $10.

Brian Defferding
08-25-2008, 04:25 PM
It certainly is a nice idea. The big issue then is waiting for a bill to pass which would allow the metals in nickels to be melted, which will then start raking in the dough on the investment.

Arklatex
08-25-2008, 04:48 PM
this is a good idea

libertarian4321
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
As a Ron Paul Patriot you know the value of investing in Gold and Silver. There have been a number of posts here in the forum over time that deal with questions like:

4. What about the possibility of govt confiscation? (yeah good luck ol' Uncle Sam)

Etc etc etc. And like the helpful group that we are many people step forward to offer suggestions and help to guide that individual.

I would like to take credit for coming up with this myself, but that is not the case. I came across this information while reading another website but I thought it was a great way to address question #3 above.

This is perfect for folks that don't have a lot of money to spend. I myself am now devoting $100 a week to this and the BEST PART is I can take care of it once a week (Friday) while I do a bank deposit.

Tell me if this is not the best. Following what I am doing will bring you these benefits:

2. Your "investment" can NEVER drop below the amount you spend. So your $100 will always be worth at least $100.

3. Chances are in less then 3 years your investment will become highly "desired".

Ready for this? BUY NICKELS. Every $100 worth of rolled Nickels are worth about $130 in metal and could easily be worth $200 shortly and could possibly be worth up to $700 in say ten years.

Just like Silver Quarters (pre-65) disappeared off the street when the govt changed to copper quarters so will nickels when the become something like Zinc.

Everything is explained at this link I am going to share with you. Just a note, I do not operate this website nor am I associated with it. I am just sharing what I feel to be a GREAT resource.

Enjoy my friends....

No, I have a better idea. We collect aluminum cans.

Store them in your house- stacks and stacks of cans. Then when the global economic collapse thats been predicted for the last 80+ years finally happens, we take them all into the store and get piles of NICKELS!

If you live in a state that doesn't have the 5 cent refund, you make friends with a mailman and use his truck to carry the cans across state lines- INFINITE profits.

My hare-brained scheme is better than your hare-brained scheme!

BTW, has any of you actually tried to go to your local bank and ask for 5,000 Nickels on a weekly basis? Even if they do have them, you're sure to attract some attention you probably don't want...

RonPaulCentral
08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
No, I have a better idea. We collect aluminum cans.

Store them in your house- stacks and stacks of cans. Then when the global economic collapse thats been predicted for the last 80+ years finally happens, we take them all into the store and get piles of NICKELS!

If you live in a state that doesn't have the 5 cent refund, you make friends with a mailman and use his truck to carry the cans across state lines- INFINITE profits.

My hare-brained scheme is better than your hare-brained scheme!

BTW, has any of you actually tried to go to your local bank and ask for 5,000 Nickels on a weekly basis? Even if they do have them, you're sure to attract some attention you probably don't want...

Well well Mr. Negative... who pissed in your cornflakes today?

Actually, I was straight up honest with my bank and told them I was building a Nickel collection. They understood what I wanted and said they would be more then happy to order in enough rolls so I can get my $100 worth each week.

The idea is sound and has no chance of losing money.

Why you have to be such a negative dick?

Johnnybags
08-25-2008, 05:52 PM
into everyone who has "no" money but yet wants to invest in gold. I told em US nickels over time is a better investment, or at least poor mans gold. It costs the same about to make a nickel or more than that POS dollar coin and it either is the last year(vending machine lobby) or close to it. However, the banks do get annoyed at times, do not gaurantee uncirculated(even better) and most deal with places like coinstar for circulated rolls. Usually the big city banks get the new stuff first. Does not need to be new but adds to the potential collectability angle. At any rate, for the typical Joe Blow its a better investment.

dannno
08-25-2008, 06:01 PM
They'd probably pass a bill to confiscate your nickels and give you the balance in worthless paper before they made a bill that allowed you to melt them down..

Not trying to be negative, it would be a good idea if our govt. wasn't so stupid about money and fascist in the first place.

newyearsrevolution08
08-25-2008, 06:14 PM
This "no melt down law" is about as legal as many other b.s. laws that we have in this country. We print and manufacture all of our money at a damn loss. If we collapse I doubt the thing they will be trying to deal with is us melting down coins and odds are dealing with the bigger problem of being in an economic collapse and somehow blaming it on someone who was not patriotic enough to blow some other country to high hell.

Melt it if you want BUT stockpile for now. Collect whatever you want and if you feel having 10k worth of pennies, nickels or whatever makes sens to YOU then fucking do it.

I don't see the point to make $.02 on a $.05 piece especially with the effort involved BUT some might have fun doing it with their kids so the time spent could be fun for some.

Do what you want because that is what TRUE LIBERTY is anyways but remember that liberty comes at a cost and sometimes jail time.

BarryDonegan
08-25-2008, 06:37 PM
taking 5,000 nickels is attention you DO want. might result in the news asking you why, whereupon the explanation might make others do it, which would result in public support for hard currency.

oilboiler
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
The nickel is our last undebased coin.

Last year, I told my broker jokingly that the safest investment he could make was nickels, for that reason. After a long pause he just told me that he was not going to just sit around with a bag of nickels.

Bet he's not laughing now :eek:

You can see the melt value of 20th century coins at this site, updated every day;

http://www.coinflation.com/

Present melt value of a U.S. nickel is $0.0549108, 10% premium over face.

Scroll down and look at the silvers. 35 cents in silver coins still buys more or less a gallon of gas, just like it did in the '60s.

rockandrollsouls
08-25-2008, 08:32 PM

Enjoy my friends....

In theory it sounds good, but i don't think it's very practical. I'd rather take my chances investing in the market.

MrLib3rty
08-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey all since this is a fairly new "rule" (dec 06) I wanted to ask the experts, how exactly does the US MINT have the authority to LEGISLATE and make laws ???
Maybe some of the constitutionalists can comment on this topic.

also I find the term "interim-rule" very sketchy.

Here is the OFFICIAL LINK :
http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?flash=yes&action=press_release&ID=724

pacelli
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Specifically, which years of nickels should be saved ? All? Only 2008?