PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Alternate Rally a Set up?

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Was Ron Paul's rally in Minnesota a set up to keep the Ron Paul supporters quiet , distracted and away from the RNC Convention??? :confused: Tones

torchbearer
08-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Would you rather be standing in a free speech zone outside the RNC getting ignored, or hosting your own convention with Ron Paul and having a blast getting some media attention?

Mister Grieves
08-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Was Ron Paul's rally in Minnesota a set up to keep the Ron Paul supporters quiet , distracted and away from the RNC Convention??? :confused: Tones
That doesn't seem totally implausible.

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm just asking. That guy Lew Moore is on the payroll for the RNC...so ..were we set up? tones :(

torchbearer
08-25-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm just asking. That guy Lew Moore is on the payroll for the RNC...so ..were we set up? tones :(

no. ron paul didn't spend over a million dollars to set us up.

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Well I'm just remembering how it played out...I remember at first Ron Paul was going to have it right across the street..now it's moved miles away. I always try to sort these things out in my mind. You see, I have become a truth seeker..and I mull everything over these days. I'm certainly not against the rally...but what is the motivation? Tones

Matt Hawes
08-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Nice and short: No way.

RickyJ
08-25-2008, 09:19 AM

Who cares? Jesse Ventura is going to be there. He can be persuaded to run in 2012 if we sell this place out. Paul might even endorse him. :)

MRoCkEd
08-25-2008, 09:19 AM
It goes beyond that. The target center is a prime location for our reptilian overlords to perform a massive abduction through various spacecrafts.

RickyJ
08-25-2008, 09:20 AM
no. ron paul didn't spend over a million dollars to set us up.

I have heard about 1 million being spent before for this rally. What sources do you have for this amount spent and how do you know it was Ron Paul spending it?

RonPaulFanInGA
08-25-2008, 09:21 AM

:rolleyes:

If anything, they'd want as out there in those "free speech zones" being totally irrelevant and ignored instead of at an alternate, non-taxpayer funded convention listening to some real great speakers and performers and getting media and C-Span coverage.

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Do you believe they are reptiles? Really? I find that difficult to believe...I guess I'm not so good at seeing the shape shifters. Tones

MRoCkEd
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Do you believe they are reptiles? Really? I find that difficult to believe...I guess I'm not so good at seeing the shape shifters. Tones
:rolleyes: http://www.rightwingnews.com/graphics/jennalizard.jpg

acptulsa
08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Would you rather be standing in a free speech zone outside the RNC getting ignored, or hosting your own convention with Ron Paul and having a blast getting some media attention?

Yes, it was set up to keep us away from the convention. Of course it was. What constitutes better media coverage--us having a fun rally or us getting our asses tasered? Hmmm...

Carole
08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Well I'm just remembering how it played out...I remember at first Ron Paul was going to have it right across the street..now it's moved miles away. I always try to sort these things out in my mind. You see, I have become a truth seeker..and I mull everything over these days. I'm certainly not against the rally...but what is the motivation? Tones
If it were right across the street, might it not get confused with RNC affair?

Several miles away is better I think. I hope the turnout is huge.

Insofar as media coverage, I truly doubt it will be covered or even mentioned other than barely. :)

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Well. If you really think about it...we paid for the rally...not Ron Paul. The money is contributions from we the people..it's our party! Did we fund our own set up? I'm just trying to figure it all out. Tones

hopeforamerica
08-25-2008, 09:25 AM
It goes beyond that. The target center is a prime location for our reptilian overlords to perform a massive abduction through various spacecrafts.

Bwahahaha! Love it!

RonPaulFanInGA
08-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Well. If you really think about it...we paid for the rally...not Ron Paul. The money is contributions from we the people..it's our party! Did we fund our own set up? I'm just trying to figure it all out. Tones

Well not totally.

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/sponsors/

A lot of organization sponsors (like the John Birch society). Not all of it came from individual contributions from grassroots supporters.

dannno
08-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Would it make you feel better if Ron Paul announces at the rally that he's really known the govt was behind 9/11 this whole time, but kept it quiet for the elections??

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:29 AM
YIKES! Shape shifters! Well it's good to know there are sponsors also. I'm just concerned that maybe we are trying to be kept quiet...what kind of revolution IS THIS?? lol Tones

RickyJ
08-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Well not totally.

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/sponsors/

A lot of organization sponsors (like the John Birch society). Not all of it came from individual contributions from grassroots supporters.

Did the sponsors spend the million dollars then? Or was it from them and individual donors on the CFL website? Were there any limits to how much you could contribute to the CFL like there was for the presidential campaign?

I am just trying to figure out where the million dollars came from and why it cost so much for this rally of speakers. Do you think the speakers are being paid?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Aren't you at all concerned that ticketmaster might have installed microscopic RFID chips in the tickets?

What other wackiness can this group come up with?:rolleyes:

NightOwl
08-25-2008, 09:34 AM

Lew Moore was against the rally!

acptulsa
08-25-2008, 09:35 AM

Damn it, don't ask!

NightOwl
08-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Did the sponsors spend the million dollars then? Or was it from them and individual donors on the CFL website? Were there any limits to how much you could contribute to the CFL like there was for the presidential campaign?

I am just trying to figure out where the million dollars came from and why it cost so much for this rally of speakers. Do you think the speakers are being paid?

The speakers are not being paid.

NightOwl
08-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Insofar as media coverage, I truly doubt it will be covered or even mentioned other than barely. :)

C-SPAN is covering the whole thing. Doesn't that count?

The media, which loves Obama, would be insane not to cover it. Anything that gives McCain problems, they're happy to cover.

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Wellll....I love Ron Paul..I just wonder if his camp has been infiltrated. <looking over shoulder> ..no really, it could happen to anyone. What if 15, 000 people had been standing outside the Republican Convention with Ron Paul signs, rather than safely tucked away in an arena? Tones

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Here's an idea...maybe all 15, 000 could march over to the Republican Convention site with signs for 4 hours...just to make a showing? NOw that would get attention! Tones

afmatt
08-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Anything that gives McCain problems, they're happy to cover.

Now... Wish they had had that same attitude a several months ago...
As for the op's question the answer is very simple.

NO.

MRoCkEd
08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
What if 15, 000 people had been standing outside the Republican Convention with Ron Paul signs, rather than safely tucked away in an arena? Tones
They wouldn't show the outside of the arena.
Oh, and they'd tase 'em all.

acptulsa
08-25-2008, 09:44 AM
What if 15, 000 people had been standing outside the Republican Convention with Ron Paul signs, rather than safely tucked away in an arena? Tones

Number one, you're the one who wants to play the what if game. What if we were? Would CSPAN be covering it?

Number two, how many days is the rally? One? How many days is the convention? Four, last I heard. What's stopping you?

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey..I'm not against the rally...I am just raising questions. Tones

Matt Collins
08-25-2008, 10:05 AM

Aren't you at all concerned that ticketmaster might have installed microscopic RFID chips in the tickets?

http://www.cbc.ca/searchengine/blog/tin_foil_hat.gif

http://sonicchicken.net/blog/wordpress/wp-content/tinfoil_hat.jpg

http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg

And the photo NSFW:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/JR_Sandy/foil04.jpg

Matt Collins
08-25-2008, 10:06 AM
I remember at first Ron Paul was going to have it right across the street..now it's moved miles away.Having it across the street would be highly impractical if 10k people are going to be there.

Sematary
08-25-2008, 10:08 AM

+10

amonasro
08-25-2008, 10:10 AM

Bingo. :D

UtahApocalypse
08-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Lets think really hard.....

Rally for the Republic - August 31st to September 2nd
Republican National Convention - September 1st to 4th

So the two events only overlap 2 days.... and they are the two LEAST important of the RNC. secondly The RFR is in St. Paul, less then 10 miles from the RNC.

Don't you think if it was a 'set-up' it would be the same days and in D.C. or California, or anywhere miles away?? Get a grip and enjoy all the events.

Bryan
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
The GOP convention is from September 1-4. The rally is just on the 2nd, that leaves lots of other time to not be quiet , distracted and away from the RNC Convention if you desire. In fact, since the rally is attracting more people to MN, perhaps it will have an opposite effect of what you're questioning.

alaric
08-25-2008, 11:17 AM

yeah, have you seen the cages they have for the Denver dumbocrud 'convention'? I'm sure the republicruds have the same sort of 'free speech zone' gotcha prison camps set up.

fr33domfightr
08-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Here's an idea...maybe all 15, 000 could march over to the Republican Convention site with signs for 4 hours...just to make a showing? NOw that would get attention! Tones

No!! That will get you tased!! If you want to protest you'll be directed to the preapproved protest area, where the media won't cover you. Good luck!!

I'm going to be at the Rally for the Republic, partially paid for by us, partially paid for by Ron Paul, partially paid for by advertisers, partially paid for by sponsors on the floor, etc., etc., etc. This is very clear if you do a little reading, its not rocket science. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just seems obvious. Asking the campaign is a fair question, making up strange conspiracy stuff is just weird.

FF

Sally08
08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Rally for the Republic - August 31st to September 2nd
Republican National Convention - September 1st to 4th

So the two events only overlap 2 days.... and they are the two LEAST important of the RNC.

The GOP convention is from September 1-4. The rally is just on the 2nd.

Those two quotes are radically different.

I was assuming that the 8/31-9/2 includes grass roots activities, while 9/2 is the Target event.

However, the banner of the RftR indicates 8/31-9/2, as well as the e-mail mentioning a free concert scheduled for 9/1.

Is there a single URL for the other 8/31-9/2 activities? Or are several different groups organizing those activities?:confused:

Bryan
08-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Those two quotes are radically different.

I was assuming that the 8/31-9/2 includes grass roots activities, while 9/2 is the Target event.

However, the banner of the RftR indicates 8/31-9/2, as well as the e-mail mentioning a free concert scheduled for 9/1.

Is there a single URL for the other 8/31-9/2 activities? Or are several different groups organizing those activities?:confused:

See:
http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/

The Rally is really just 9/2 from 12:30pm - 10:00pm - but there are other happenings going on, including some training secession and a leadership summit. The 9/1 Ron Paul Nation Celebration is a new semi-big event, but there is still lots of time left over. There are some other grassroots events happening too, such as Ronstock '08 and the Walk for Freedom that is coming in to town on 9/1, with a big walk on that final day.

Sunday, August 31
Real Politics Training School
Noon - 9:00pm

Monday, September 01
Campaign for Liberty Leadership Summit
8:30am - 4:30pm

Ron Paul Book Signing
1:00pm - 3:00pm

Ron Paul Nation Celebration
6:00pm - 10:30pm

Tuesday, September 02
Rally for the Republic
12:30pm - 10:00pm

Campaign For Liberty Donor Dinner
5:00pm - 6:30pm

Sally08
08-25-2008, 11:58 AM
See:
http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/schedule/

The Rally is really just 9/2 from 12:30pm - 10:00pm - but there are other happenings going on, including some training secession and a leadership summit. The 9/1 Ron Paul Nation Celebration is a new semi-big event, but there is still lots of time left over. There are some other grassroots events happening too, such as Ronstock '08 and the Walk for Freedom that is coming in to town on 9/1, with a big walk on that final day.

Sunday, August 31
Real Politics Training School
Noon - 9:00pm

Monday, September 01
Campaign for Liberty Leadership Summit
8:30am - 4:30pm

Ron Paul Book Signing
1:00pm - 3:00pm

Ron Paul Nation Celebration
6:00pm - 10:30pm

Tuesday, September 02
Rally for the Republic
12:30pm - 10:00pm

Campaign For Liberty Donor Dinner
5:00pm - 6:30pm

Thanks, Bryan. I did look at that one.

However, where is the information on that official Rally schedule related to the 8/22 e-mail (with *September 22* as the text date) about:

Grammy award winning guitarist (and Ron Paul supporter) Jimmie Vaughan will be our host and provide the entertainment for The Rally for the Republic After-Party. The party will be taking place at The Lone Tree/Annex - one block away from the Target Center.

Could anyone create a "master calendar" that could be printed off for/by people who are in MN?:D

Ninja Homer
08-25-2008, 12:04 PM

No, it's just that Ron loves us, and doesn't want us tazed, beaten, or shot. :)

I'm assuming that the $1 million isn't just for the Rally, but for all the events combined. It costs $250k just to get the Target Center for a day, then there's fees for the entertainment and speakers. Even if the speakers aren't being paid, I'm sure at least their airfare, hotel room, and food is being covered by the CFL. Renting the Blaine National Sports Center for the Ron Paul Nation Celebration can't be cheap. Then there's the other training events. Everything adds up pretty quickly. What it comes down to is, if you're going to the Rally, you're getting a heavily discounted ticket for the event... it doesn't even cover your portion of the facility rental.

I'm also assuming that the $1 million came from the donations left over from Ron Paul's presidential campaign. Whether it is now being paid from the congressional campaign fund or the CFL fund, it doesn't really matter... it originally came from donations. If you donated, and want something back from what you donated, go to the Rally!

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I LOVE tin foil hat photos! FUN FUN! Tones

Ninja Homer
08-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Could anyone create a "master calendar" that could be printed off for/by people who are in MN?:D

I have one in the works. I was waiting on some of the smaller events to be finalized before posting. I think I should be able to post it later today, although it might not be 100% complete or correct because some of the smaller events may make some changes. I'll include web links so you can always visit the different sites for updated information.

dirknb@hotmail.com
08-25-2008, 12:40 PM
The GOP convention is from September 1-4. The rally is just on the 2nd, that leaves lots of other time to not be quiet , distracted and away from the RNC Convention if you desire. In fact, since the rally is attracting more people to MN, perhaps it will have an opposite effect of what you're questioning.

Exactly.

TXcarlosTX
08-25-2008, 12:45 PM

i feel the black pope is behind this!!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/carlosbucbuc/jesuit1.jpg

torchbearer
08-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I have heard about 1 million being spent before for this rally. What sources do you have for this amount spent and how do you know it was Ron Paul spending it?

Ron Paul authorized the use of campaign for liberty funds, not his personal funds.
This event is for us, paid for by us.
BUt the total is over a million, its was mentioned by don in his answer thread.

scrosnoe
08-25-2008, 01:44 PM
the gop convention is from september 1-4. The rally is just on the 2nd, that leaves lots of other time to not be quiet , distracted and away from the rnc convention if you desire. In fact, since the rally is attracting more people to mn, perhaps it will have an opposite effect of what you're questioning.

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-25-2008, 01:49 PM

It's a big conspiracy! Ron Paul is in on it! He's trying to suppress his own Revolution! Inside job! Controlled demolitions! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah everyone's out to get meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

EDIT: No offense meant. Just poking a little fun. I love you tones.

fr33domfightr
08-25-2008, 01:52 PM
I LOVE tin foil hat photos! FUN FUN! Tones

You should watch the movie, Signs, by M. Night Shyamalan. There is a scene in it with tin foil hats, it's extremely funny!!

FF

freelance
08-25-2008, 03:06 PM

If you call organizing something productive rather than allowing the possibility of something destructive, then I suppose you might call this a setup. WHATever...

pepperpete1
08-25-2008, 08:55 PM
If you call organizing something productive rather than allowing the possibility of something destructive, then I suppose you might call this a setup. WHATever...

Instead of a setup against us, I was hoping that RP was thinking of some action like that, that got Lincoln the nomination. Why else would you hold a party just miles from the RNC? By the way, I read the location was moved because the first spot chosen would not hold the number of attendees that they were hoping to get, more like 15,000.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings!:)

tonesforjonesbones
08-25-2008, 10:48 PM
LOLLLL @ the Black Pope photo..tones

Roxi
08-25-2008, 11:36 PM
You should watch the movie, Signs, by M. Night Shyamalan. There is a scene in it with tin foil hats, it's extremely funny!!

FF

Ii LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!

NightOwl
08-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Why else would you hold a party just miles from the RNC?

All the better to denounce the whole lot of them, and use the resulting publicity to launch your new organization.

Eric21ND
08-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Ii LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!
The nerds were right!

Ninja Homer
08-28-2008, 10:44 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=152103 :D

BarryDonegan
08-28-2008, 01:22 PM
ron paul has always said he wanted a peaceful revolution. he is not comfortable with violence.

if there was no CFL and RFR, there would be a bloody and terrible riot at the RNC. i promise you of that. there are enough right-wing radicals who are ready to show off their 2nd ammendment rights right now... if you had one "don't taze me bro" outside of the RNC with the whole Ron Paul community, plus the left-wing radicals and the cointelpro agitators, i guarantee you with the current police methods in place and anti-terrorism measures in place that it would be an absolute bloodbath.

i have no doubt that ron paul used this power as leverage in the republican party, and gained SOMETHING from it, which we do not know at this time...

i wonder if it might be Bush's quickly softening position on iraq?

ultimately, ron did not get a keynote speech, and thats why the RFR has to occur. they wouldn't give him a keynote speech, because he wouldn't endorse the presidential candidate.

pat buchanan made the same judgement call in the early 90s, only he went the other way, endorsed the president, and then made the most insanely radical speech ever, throwing the election for him. IMO, on purpose.

Aratus
08-28-2008, 01:32 PM
keep in mind the democrats just went luv fest insted of 1968 fractal. the call for unity by bill
and hillary clinton was heard an' groundlings understood. the war right now for the G.O.P has
a potential of impacting the party down thru the next decade because of the moral issues
around the same. if mccain can't lead the core of the party, the G.O.P either finds a new focal
point or ceases to be a viable political party. g.w bush has left problems and thorny issues
in his wake, his retirement to crawford, texas. the alternative convention could dominate the
media coverage if the G.O.P elongates and moves past its September 1st to 4th timeframe...