PDA

View Full Version : Credentials? Access to GOP convention?

afmatt
08-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Anyone know of any way to get access to the GOP Convention? Although I'm not going to be happy with what comes out of here I'd be interested in checking out how the process works (so to speak) on the 1st when there isn't much else going on. Looked on the GOP site, that was no help. Saw someone post on here somewhere about having an extra set of credentials a couple weeks back but can't for the life of me find it now.

KenInMontiMN
08-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Getting in on a guest registration of a delegate on the day in question may be your best shot, and we do have a good number of delegates, MS may be able to put you in contact with one. But there will likely be a fairly hefty guest fee to pay.

Matt Collins
08-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Don't try and fake it or sneak in. I work in the concert industry and can get myself backstage into almost any event because I know how it's done. However political events of this nature are an entirely different ball game. And trust me you don't want to mess with the SS.

You can bet money government agencies are reading our forums and forums of other "protest groups" searching for intell on what kind of protests/stunts might be attempted in St Paul.

afmatt
08-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Getting in on a guest registration of a delegate on the day in question may be your best shot, and we do have a good number of delegates, MS may be able to put you in contact with one. But there will likely be a fairly hefty guest fee to pay.

Gotcha - thanks Ken

Don't try and fake it or sneak in. I work in the concert industry and can get myself backstage into almost any event because I know how it's done. However political events of this nature are an entirely different ball game. And trust me you don't want to mess with the SS.

You can bet money government agencies are reading our forums and forums of other "protest groups" searching for intell on what kind of protests/stunts might be attempted in St Paul.

Trying to sneak in and/or trying anything stupid is definitely NOT on the agenda but thanks for the warning.

Matt Collins
08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Trying to sneak in and/or trying anything stupid is definitely NOT on the agenda but thanks for the warning.Absolutely... and this serves as a warning to many others too. Sneaking into events isn't quite as hard as one thinks, but at the RNC and DNC it'll be next to impossible. And if you get caught even trying it'll be an arrest and straight to jail with a long and generous cavity search. Trust me you do not want to mess with the Secret Service.

afmatt
08-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Absolutely... and this serves as a warning to many others too. Sneaking into events isn't quite as hard as one thinks, but at the RNC and DNC it'll be next to impossible. And if you get caught even trying it'll be an arrest and straight to jail with a long and generous cavity search. Trust me you do not want to mess with the Secret Service.

I'll second this warning - Last year I was involved in an operation that had me working side by side with the secret service for about a week.
DON'T screw with these guys. (<--note the period)