PDA

View Full Version : Florida Big News!!! Rp Is Coming!

Mani
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
We need to make this a HUGE EVENT!

Ron Paul is coming to FLORIDA SEPT 17th for the Value Voters Conference debate in Fort Lauderdale!

We are going to have our own RON PAUL RALLY RIGHT NEXT TO THE DEBATE!

WE NEED TO PACK THIS PLACE SO FULL OF RON PAUL SUPPORTERS TO WOW THE MEDIA!! All the big candidates have RSVP'd for this event, so you know all the media will be watching!!

THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SURROUNDED WITH RON PAUL SUPPORTERS EVERYWHERE!

Quick Summary:

1) Mingle with Ron Paul
For $500, you too can have a sit-down with the Doctor.
NEW INFO! Previous contributions count toward this $500

2) Ron Paul Sign-Waving, Rally in Fort Lauderdale!
Monday evening @ 6 PM at Broward Performing Arts Center
Welcome the candidates, media and attendees as they arrive at the debate forum.

3) Red Carpet for Ron Paul @ Metro Cafe
We will be watching the debate in Metro Cafe LIVE.
Dr. Ron Paul is scheduled to make a "house call" after the debate so be there!

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************
The Actual Debate Info:

http://www.valuesvoterdebate.com/

The Values Voter Presidential Debate

WHAT: The Debate that will:

* Ask the questions that matter most to the "Values Voters" – the most influential constituency in America.
* Conduct a Straw Poll to find out who the Values Voters support.
* Create a Video Voter Guide/DVD to equip the Values Voter to make an informed choice.

WHEN & WHERE: The V2 Debate will be held September 17th, 2007 at 6:00 p.m. at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. While another date had been planned for the Democratic candidates, they all declined.

WHO: Questions will come from 40 of our nation’s leaders including: Paul Weyrich, founder and President of the Free Congress Foundation, Phyllis Schlafly, founder and President of Eagle Forum, Don Wildmon, founder and Chairman of the American Family Association, Judge Roy Moore, with the Foundation for Moral Law, Rick Scarborough, Vision America, and Mat Staver of Liberty Council.

All of the candidates who place our values (and our votes) as a priority will be there. Find out where they stand Monday, September 17th!

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/884134024.html

FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., Aug. 29 /Christian Newswire/ -- A Values Voter Presidential debate will be held at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on Monday, September 17th at 7:30 p.m. The majority of the Republican candidates have confirmed their attendance at the event.

The event will be broadcast live on Sky Angel and streamed live on pro-family websites including: www.ValuesVoterDebate.com and www.AFA.net, and heard live on the VCY and AFA radio networks. It will also be televised Saturday night, September 22nd on the INSP Network and aired on the DayStar Television Network and seen around the world on God TV.

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************

VIP Fundraiser 4pm – 6pm – Meet, mix & mingle with Ron Paul and his top campaign staff!

From 4pm – 6pm the national campaignwill be holding a VIP fundraising event at the River House in Fort Lauderdale. Minimum contribution will be $500 to attend this event (those that can afford more are encouraged to contribute more). PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THIS WORD!!! We’d like to see South Florida raise at least $50,000 for Dr. Paul. Raising these funds are absolutely CRITICAL to keep Dr. Paul on par and in step to compete with Rudy McRomney in the coming months. Ron needs your help. The campaign will be supplying us with a promotional code that you will be able to use on the ronpaul2008.com website to register for this event. Please do you best to forward this information aggressively as if the future of this country depends on it – because it does!!

FUNDRAISER PROJECT CODE IS: FTLAUD

Here is the info on Ron Paul's website: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/fortlaud/

Simply click on the above link or head to the donations page, choose a minimum of $500 and enter FTLAUD in the project code. That will get you registered for the fundraiser.

Free Rally for Ron Paul Supports of Florida Monday Sept. 17th 6pm – 10pm –Ron Paul will address the crowd after the debate!

Starting at 6pm immediately after the VIP fundraiser, we will be sponsoring a rally outside of the Broward Performing Arts Center at the Las Olas Riverwalk. There is a gazebo stage on the river walk where we plan to setup a PA and DJ system. The actual debate starts at 7:45pm. We’re asking the surrounding bars to switch their TVs to the debate so we can watch and listen. We’ll have Anthony ‘the balloon guy’ there to make balloons for the kids too so bring the family and show your support for Ron Paul! After the debate is finished, Ron Paul will come outside and address our rally and hang out for pictures and meet the supporters of South Florida. We will also have a table setup to accept additional donations so please bring your checkbooks, we will also have a table setup to register you to vote!!! If you are already registered, please bring your voter registration cards!!!

MORE Rally Details: ...Immediately after the fundraiser at 6pm, we are asking that folks congregate in front of the Broward center on the river. We will have a 175ft barge on the water with an absolutely huge RON PAUL 2008 sign hanging from the boom (you can't miss it!!)... We'd like to see several hundred Ron Paul supporters at this event! At 7:30, we will make out way over to Metro Cafe Metro Cafe, 300 Southwest 1st Avenue, Las Olas Riverfront just two blocks from the Broward Performing Arts Center where the debate will be simulcast from 7:45pm - 9:00pm. Metro Cafe will roll out the Red Carpet for Ron Paul fans providing a Big Screen TV and patch the debate through the sound system outside on their 6,000 square foot patio.

MAKE YOUR PLANS FOR MONDAY SEPT 17th, LET'S show the media AND ALL THE REST OF THE CANDIDATES HOW WE WILL SPAM THIS DEBATE AND RALLY WITH SUPPORTERS SURROUNDING THE PLACE!

Let the people leave the debate only remembering RON PAUL!!!

**As I get more details I'll keep adding them to this post.

WE NEED to raise money for Ron Paul, and we need to head over to the rally and give something whether it's $10 or $500, the point is to try to get FL as a big fund raising spot so he can come back and do more events here. It's up to us to get Ron Paul elected and we know he needs money to do it. Q3 is almost over, he needs the money now more than ever!

ladyliberty
09-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I think it would be a nice gesture to spam a local food bank as well - can everyone who attends bring a food donation? Let's show what generous people we are!

ladyliberty
09-01-2007, 11:16 AM
I just googled Fort Lauderdale - it is about a 4 or 5 hour drive for me - are there any hotel vacancies in the area?

goRPaul
09-01-2007, 11:47 AM
I just googled Fort Lauderdale - it is about a 4 or 5 hour drive for me - are there any hotel vacancies in the area?

There might be some vacancies at the moment, but next week, don't count on it! I have class that day, I might not be able to make the trip. But this would be a lot more exciting, and its only one class....

Omnis
09-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Finally something in Ft. Lauderdale. I'll try my best to be there.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 12:44 PM
We need to make this a HUGE EVENT!

Ron Paul is coming to FLORIDA SEPT 17th for the Value Voters Conference debate in Fort Lauderdale!

ALL MAJOR CANDIDATES WILL BE THERE!!!!!

Not according to the email I received from the AFA yesterday....

The GOP Values Voters Presidential Debate

We've heard the questions from talking snowmen. We've gotten the crumbs that fell from Chris Matthews. Now it's our turn. It's time the candidates answer questions from the largest voting block in America: the values voters. Yes, the values voters.

A letter of invitation was sent June 4 from national pro-family leaders to both the Republican and Democrats running for president. While it seems everyone is clamoring for the same date, Sept. 17, the good news is that seven out of 10 of the Republican candidates have already confirmed their attendance to speak on that date to the most essential constituency: the values voters.

So far, six Republicans (Huckabee, Brownback, Hunter, Paul, Tancredo, and Cox) have rightly chosen to attend the event where they will hear from the base of their party.

Video and Audio Streams Sponsored by:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Learn the Truth about Christian Persecution
In many nations around the world Christians have few or no rights. Yet they boldly proclaim the Gospel. AFA encourages you to learn the truth about Christian persecution with a subscription to The Voice of the Martyrs award-winning monthly newsletter. Please follow the link below to subscribe today.
Subscribe to The Voice of the Martyrs free monthly newsletter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark the date! September 17 at 7:30 p.m. Eastern. The Values Voter Presidential Debate held in Fort Lauderdale will be streamed live by the American Family Association.

What makes this debate different? The candidates will be asked questions related to abortion, immigration, marriage and other issues Values Voters consider important.

If you want to see where they stand on the traditional, pro-family issues, don't miss this debate.

Live video or audio streaming can be found at www.afa.net on the day of the debate.

Take Action
First, click here to sign up for a friendly reminder the day of the webcast.
Finally, please call and e-mail the following candidates and request they participate in the event (These have not confirmed yet).

Rudy Giuliani 212-835-9449 and e-mail mikeduhaime@joinrudy2008.com and DanMeyers@joinrudy2008.com

Mitt Romney 857-288-6400 and e-mail at http://www.mittromney.com/CommentForm

John McCain 703-418-2008 and e-mail jpblack@mccain08hq.com

Fred Thompson 615-390-9944 and e-mail at http://www.imwithfred.com/Contact/Contact.aspx

LibertyBelle
09-01-2007, 01:02 PM

Hello fellow lady supporter of liberty! Where do you live? I live in the Sarasota area. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me, I-75 all the way straight into Ft. Lauderdale. Alligator alley here I come?

Does anyone have a link to info on the event? Place, time schedule, etc.?

Mani
09-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Not according to the email I received from the AFA yesterday....

I'll try to find out, the Miami- Meetup organizer is working with the other local FL meetup groups and with the campaign and he said the all the major candidates have RSVP'd they'll be there.

jonahtrainer
09-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I'll try to find out, the Miami- Meetup organizer is working with the other local FL meetup groups and with the campaign and he said the all the major candidates have RSVP'd they'll be there.

Anyone know how to get into the event? I couldn't find it on their website. I figure the register is for webcast only.

CasualApathy
09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Finally something in Ft. Lauderdale. I'll try my best to be there.

Come on, you live there!

There is NO excuse (short of dying) for not being there!

ladyliberty
09-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Hello fellow lady supporter of liberty! Where do you live? I live in the Sarasota area. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me, I-75 all the way straight into Ft. Lauderdale. Alligator alley here I come?

Does anyone have a link to info on the event? Place, time schedule, etc.?

I am 100 miles north of Tampa in Citrus County near the north end of the Florida Parkway - I was going to shoot down the parkway and save a few miles. We could meet/carpool at some point along the way if you want to?

pates03
09-01-2007, 06:49 PM
I live in Miami, quick 30 min drive and I'm there, CAN'T WAIT !!!

Quantumystic
09-01-2007, 07:11 PM
We also have a VIP fund raiser that afternoon, we need to bring in $50K to make it successful, so we need $500/person with 100 people or $1000 a person for 50 people.

Just exactly WHO is "WE"?

This is sounding fishy, especially for those who know Ron Paul groups.

Most RP supporters would be saying "Let's shoot for 2,000 people at $25 each!".

We had 2,000 just today in Ft. Worth.

And WHO came up w/ the $50K figure?

Somebody check this out w/ Jesse Benton.

Pedro TT
09-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll be there for sure. I cant wait...my first ever Ron Paul event. When I told my parents about it, they looked at me like as if I was absolutely nuts. I'm the last person in my family to attend a political debate!

Quantumystic
09-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Just checked the campaign website:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events

There is NO mention of any VIP event in Ft. Lauderdale. In fact it says "TBD around Broward County Theatre". To Be Determined.

Dustancostine
09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
The AFA says they will be streaming this debate live. I wonder if they are going to have enough bandwidth for us? :)

ladyliberty
09-01-2007, 08:09 PM
We also have a VIP fund raiser that afternoon, we need to bring in $50K to make it successful, so we need $500/person with 100 people or $1000 a person for 50 people.

I heard that through the Broward Co meetup group as well. Y'all gotta remember Broward Co is a fairly affluent part of the state - all them millionaires live on the east coast. $500 ain't nothing to them! :D Us po' folks live on the Gulf Coast! :p

Big Daddy Don Garlits might be attending, and who knows how many other Florida celebrities who endorse Ron Paul's campaign?

Quantumystic
09-01-2007, 09:23 PM
I heard that through the Broward Co meetup group as well. Y'all gotta remember Broward Co is a fairly affluent part of the state - all them millionaires live on the east coast. $500 ain't nothing to them! :D Us po' folks live on the Gulf Coast! :p

Big Daddy Don Garlits might be attending, and who knows how many other Florida celebrities who endorse Ron Paul's campaign?

The wealthiest per Capita area of Florida is right down the street from me... in Longwood/Sweetwater. Second only to Scottsdale, AZ in the entire country.

I'm still calling Campaign on Tuesay to check this out.

And yes, Don Garlits ROCKS! And I'm not even a racing fan.

Mani
09-01-2007, 09:38 PM

This is coming from the FL meetups and the campaign. They are working together for this VIP gathering. It's a restaurant, not a banquet hall or a big conference place. The rally is in a hall, the VIP event is simply a small gathering in a restaurant for 50-100 people from 4pm-6pm.

The goal is to get $50K for this one day visit for Ron Paul. If they can't get everything from the VIP gathering, then they'll add a nominal fee for the rally maybe $15-$30.

The hope was for the typical RP supporter let's make the event FREE, but if they can't raise $50K then they'll add a fee to the event like you said $25 each or something. Sounds pretty nice they would try to do that, not fishy at all.

Mani
09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Just checked the campaign website:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events

There is NO mention of any VIP event in Ft. Lauderdale. In fact it says "TBD around Broward County Theatre". To Be Determined.

I'm not sure if the restaurant is settled yet. I know they were working on it. I probably should have waited until everything was finalized. I just wanted to get the word out ASAP so people could make travel plans.

Mani
09-01-2007, 09:51 PM
My meetup organizer sent me an email saying he was told Mitt and Rudy are going to be there.

ladyliberty
09-02-2007, 08:29 AM
All of us in the Florida Meetup groups need to join our efforts to carpool to this event. I am not sure if my clunker will make the trip but I am willing to pay the toll booth charges to meet someone in Wildwood and zip down to Fort Lauderdale on the Florida Turnpike, plus share gasoline and hotel expenses (one night). Please email me.

Mani
09-02-2007, 08:36 PM
All of us in the Florida Meetup groups need to join our efforts to carpool to this event. I am not sure if my clunker will make the trip but I am willing to pay the toll booth charges to meet someone in Wildwood and zip down to Fort Lauderdale on the Florida Turnpike, plus share gasoline and hotel expenses (one night). Please email me.

I'm local so I won't have to commute, hotel wise, there are a TON of motels or other hotels all over South Florida of all prices.

bbachtung
09-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I wonder if Fred will be there?

They're asking for questions by e-mail: f2ainfo@f2a.org

From the article (http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57453) at World Net Daily announcing that WND editor Joseph Farah will moderate:

The debate will be broadcast live on Sky Angel, and rebroadcast on the Inspiration (INSP) Network , the DayStar Television Network, God TV and TBN Nejat TV, which covers the entire Middle East and Europe. It will also be streamed live on pro-family websites including ValuesVoterDebate.com and AFA.net, and heard live on the VCY and AFA radio networks.

bbachtung
09-03-2007, 10:56 PM
There will be a straw poll of attendees re: who the best candidate is. Is anyone going to be distributing the Statement of Faith to attendees?

Mani
09-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I've updated the event info with the VIP fund raiser and the rally.

The handing out the statement of faith is a MUST to this particular audience, great idea.

Mani
09-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Another UPDATE.

The Campaign has confirmed Ron Paul will attend the rally after the debate around 9:45PM.

Also somehow for a while a boat is being arrangement with some big RP banner on it. Sounds pretty cool!

Mani
09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
The campaign has given us an official project code to register for the VIP reception from 4pm-6pm.

PROJECT CODE: FTLAUD

Here's an email from one of the south florida meetups:

Sept. 17 is THE big day. First, at 4 p.m. is the VIP fundraiser. Then at 6 p.m. the sign-waving (bring a sign if you have one) outside the Broward Performing Arts Center and rally at Metro Cafe on the Las Olas Riverwalk. At 7:30 is the debate, which we will watch on a large screen TV at the rally. And then...

Ron Paul has CONFIRMED he will drop by the rally after the debate!

This is South Florida's big day. Between the three South Florida Ron Paul Meetups, we have 124 YES RSVPs for the rally so this is going to be a blast! Let's let the world know that South Florida supports Ron Paul.

But elections aren't won by cheering alone. The Ron campaign has confidence in us that we will be able to meet an ambitious fundraising goal on Sept. 17. Please help!

The rally is free, but we urge everyone to make a donation to the campaign before Sept. 17 using a special project code so that South Florida gets credit. If everyone who has RSVP'd gives only $25 we will raise over $3,000! If we all gave $100, we would raise over $12,000!

But we can do better than that. Remember, anyone who gives $500 or more is automatically invited to the intimate VIP fundraiser with Ron, where you will be able to meet, chat with and have your picture taken with Dr. Paul. We already have 15 such RSVPs (but this is NOT enough).

Please make your contribution prior to the event(s). To do so, simply go to the Ron Paul contribution website at

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/?c=FTLAUD

Be sure to fill in the 'project code' as FTLAUD. The box should be filled in automatically if you use the link above.

V4Vendetta
09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
People, we really need to have the best showing of all the events at this event!

Ultra conservatives will be attending. Along with fellow Christians!

Don't let these people come to the event, only hearing propaganda and being brainwashed!

The Granny warriors will be there!!!!!!

WillInMiami
09-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Remember, there will be media there. We need to make sure that they don't view us as a rag-tag bunch. Please (everyone) dress well and consider shaving - lol.

I can't wait - I get to meet Dr. Paul!!

Mani
09-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Donation completed:

Thank you very much for your donation of $500.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T26816-90792995

Monday is going to be awesome!

Anyone else from this forum coming down?

zumajoe
09-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I will not be able to attend this, as i'm about 5 hour plane ride away...But I think maybe it would be a good idea for us to design an online flyer for this event showcasing ron paul as a blog post AD, or even printable. What do you guys think? Shoot me some ideas on PM or even in here. I have a design style in my head already....Florida styyyle.

billm317
09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
I'll be there for sure. I cant wait...my first ever Ron Paul event. When I told my parents about it, they looked at me like as if I was absolutely nuts. I'm the last person in my family to attend a political debate!

welcome to forums btw :)

Mani
09-12-2007, 11:12 PM
BTW if anyone is wondering where we are going to meet up around 6pm for the rally, there will be a large boat/barge with a gigantic Ron Paul sign parked not far from the debate area, no one will be able to miss it.