PDA

View Full Version : Can this work?

johnwk
08-24-2008, 03:17 PM
The following has been posted at another forum. Can these three get together?

Quoting the idea stated at the forum:
_________

Having said that, I sincerely believe there is enough political ideology agreement between Ron Paul, the Constitution Party’s Chuck Baldwin and the Libertarian Party’s Bob Barr to consolidate their supporters under one of the above mentioned candidates and upset the existing Hobson’s Choice we have been given. We need to get these candidates together, in the same room, and have them emerge with a leader to carry the ball. In addition, there is one thing which can turn this election, the internet, and a number of sympathetic talk shows which are not yet controlled by the Establishment, and can be successfully utilized to organize and gain rapid support.

Has anyone any suggestions? Has anyone here a pipeline to the above mentioned individuals? Is there anyone here willing to work up a letter to ask these individuals to make such an attempt? If we sit idle, we can expect nothing less than a surrender by default.

End of message posted.

JWK

johnwk
08-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Well, I guess the answer is no and we are destined to surrendering by default. How sad.

JWK

We have become a ship afloat in dangerous waters guided by those in political power, but who are unrestrained by our written Constitution, which was designed by the People, and intended to be our nation’s guiding light.

Sandra
08-24-2008, 06:51 PM
The following has been posted at another forum. Can these three get together?

Quoting the idea stated at the forum:
_________

Having said that, I sincerely believe there is enough political ideology agreement between Ron Paul, the Constitution Party’s Chuck Baldwin and the Libertarian Party’s Bob Barr to consolidate their supporters under one of the above mentioned candidates and upset the existing Hobson’s Choice we have been given. We need to get these candidates together, in the same room, and have them emerge with a leader to carry the ball. In addition, there is one thing which can turn this election, the internet, and a number of sympathetic talk shows which are not yet controlled by the Establishment, and can be successfully utilized to organize and gain rapid support.

Has anyone any suggestions? Has anyone here a pipeline to the above mentioned individuals? Is there anyone here willing to work up a letter to ask these individuals to make such an attempt? If we sit idle, we can expect nothing less than a surrender by default.

End of message posted.

JWK

The problem is with their supporters, not the candidates. If possible, yes , they should absolutely consolidate ideas and decide on a single candidate run. This election has to be treated far more differently than the ones in the past, there's much more at stake. If needed I may have to concede some of my ideals slightly in order to obtain a political salvation of this country.

johnwk
08-24-2008, 07:33 PM
The problem is with their supporters, not the candidates. If possible, yes , they should absolutely consolidate ideas and decide on a single candidate run. This election has to be treated far more differently than the ones in the past, there's much more at stake. If needed I may have to concede some of my ideals slightly in order to obtain a political salvation of this country.

Sandra,

I’ve been nosing around and I’m finding that supporters of these three candidates are not against the idea I proposed. One objection was ballot access. But after a quick check I believe Baldwin is on the ballot in 26 states, Bob Barr is on 28 states and I think Ron Paul supporters intend to write his name in. In any event, if we can get the three together, and consolidate their supporters around one of these candidates, this election could establish a third party candidate is viable and in two years a large number of House seats could be won. In addition, I believe a number of House seats could be won this election! We can‘t sit by idle and not do anything but complain! Remember, the idea is to try to get these three candidate’s supporters unified behind one candidate and if it doesn’t look good at the final moment, then supporters could be informed to do what you suggest…and which I agree with!

JWK

Sandra
08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Anything conjured betwixt the three would be better than the harem scarem situation of a three way split. I gotta know what's going on so I can push one candidate in my precinct.

johnwk
08-26-2008, 05:05 AM
Anything conjured betwixt the three would be better than the harem scarem situation of a three way split. I gotta know what's going on so I can push one candidate in my precinct.

We both know what our two choices are, now, which of the two can you imagine defining the fundamental function of government in the following way?

"Under a just and equal Government, every individual is entitled to protection in the enjoyment of the whole product of his labor, except such portion of it as is necessary to enable Government to protect the rest; this is given only in consideration of the protection offered. In every bounty, exclusive right, or monopoly, Government violates the stipulation on her part; for, by such a regulation, the product of one man's labor is transferred to the use and enjoyment of another. The exercise of such a right on the part of Government can be justified on no other principle, than that the whole product of the labor or every individual is the real property of Government, and may be distributed among the several parts of the community by government discretion; such a supposition would directly involve the idea, that every individual in the community is merely a slave and bondsman to Government, who, although he may labor, is not to expect protection in the product of his labor. An authority given to any Government to exercise such a principle, would lead to a complete system of tyranny." _______ Rep. Giles, speaking before Congress February 3rd, 1792 (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llac&fileName=003/llac003.db&recNum=179)

So, which evil candidate will you be voting for which has already promised to use the force of government to rob the property I have in my labor?

JWK

Those who reject abiding by the intentions and beliefs under which our Constitution was agree to, as those intentions and beliefs may be documented from historical records during our Constitution‘s framing and ratification process, wish to remove the anchor and rudder of our constitutional system so they may then be free to “interpret” the Constitution to mean whatever they wish it to mean.

NewFederalist
08-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Can these three get together?

I sincerely believe there is enough political ideology agreement between Ron Paul, the Constitution Party’s Chuck Baldwin and the Libertarian Party’s Bob Barr to consolidate their supporters under one...

JWK

If you check under Other Presidential Candidates section of this forum you will find this idea has been quite thoroughly discussed.

Sandra
08-26-2008, 08:25 AM
If you check under Other Presidential Candidates section of this forum you will find this idea has been quite thoroughly discussed.

And? Discussed? Apparently it needs to be acted on. The Louisiana Constitution Party is trying to form a coalition of GOP, Libertarians and Constitution parties to funnel support to one candidate instead of being scattered about. We are spreading this movement paper thin if we can't get behind one person. We are trying to get Paul/ Goldwater ticket in La. McCain's not too popular here.

NewFederalist
08-26-2008, 11:14 AM
And? Discussed? Apparently it needs to be acted on.

No disagreement there. The time to act on it for this presidential election was by March at the latest. Most ballot access deadlines are now past.

johnwk
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
No disagreement there. The time to act on it for this presidential election was by March at the latest. Most ballot access deadlines are now past.

I’m not really sure why ballot access should have anything to do with immediately working to unify the supporters of Barr, Paul and Baldwin, just as our founding fathers did when we had our 13 original states and did in fact accomplish unity..

Back in the 1980’s I came to the conclusion that even though there was considerable harmony in the overall political goals among many supporters of a few third party candidates, the candidates themselves appeared to ignore that harmony and instead of working to unit these people under one political candidate, the candidates, from my observations, appeared to be more interested in raising campaign funds and protecting their turf than working as our founding fathers did to establish political unity under fundamental principles, such as identifying and agreeing upon the primary functions of a federal government, and, the government functions which ought to remain in the hands of the people of each particular state, and which we refer to as federalism, our Constitution’s plan.

I know there are Constitution Party members running for Congressional seats, as well as Libertarian party candidates running for Congressional seats. I also know they have much in common. Aside from the presidency, if Paul’s, Barr’s and Baldwin’s supporters can rally around the same congressional candidate in each state, the viability of a third party candidate can be made a reality this election! But to sit around and wring one‘s hands and give up is to hand our country over the enemies of our constitutionally limited Republican Form of Government!

JWK

We have become a ship afloat in dangerous waters guided by those in political power, but who are unrestrained by our written Constitution, which was designed by the People, and intended to be our nation’s guiding light.