PDA

View Full Version : TX Gov Disses Ron Paul

angelatc
09-01-2007, 10:10 AM
http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/09/01/texas-governor-reportedly-disses-ron-paul/

Erik called me this morning from the Straw Poll. He said that while Governor Perry could not make it to the event, he sent a pre-recorded message. According to Erik, the Governor said that despite the fact that Texas does not have a presidential candidate, at least a Republican can win the presidential race. I’m sure this one will hit the local papers for some time to come. Eric will be sending some pictures for me to post when he gets the chance.

nullvalu
09-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Governor Perry is a huge tool

angelatc
09-01-2007, 10:15 AM
We should all send him a slim jim.

MsDoodahs
09-01-2007, 10:16 AM
I HATE Rick Perry.

csen
09-01-2007, 10:18 AM
An opportunity for more blowback! How fantastic!

LibertyBelle
09-01-2007, 10:20 AM
We should all send him a slim jim.

LOL.....

It would probably end up as material used to build the trans-Texas corridor.

Slugg
bastard

Kuldebar
This will actually make for some good news stories.

I can see this being picked up and talked about in a lot of places. And, mostly at the Governor's expense.

What is up with Governors from Texas? Do they not read newspapers?

constituent
09-01-2007, 10:21 AM

Slugg
09-01-2007, 10:22 AM
This will actually make for some good news stories.

I can see this being picked up and talked about in a lot of places. And, mostly at the Governor's expense.

What is up with Governors from Texas? Do they not read newspapers?

Only one's put out by NewsCorp....

ladyliberty
09-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Maybe he stands to profit from the current secret border deals that are being made and does not want someone like Ron Paul messing that up?

You guys know that the closer we get to the actual primaries, the more negative media is going to turn up the heat - the current establishment do not want Ron Paul for President and they are going to do what ever they can to thwart our efforts!

The question is how to find ways to turn negatives into positives!

constituent
09-01-2007, 10:23 AM
that is correct ladyliberty.. same for TTC

Slugg
09-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Maybe he stands to profit from the current secret border deals that are being made and does not want someone like Ron Paul messing that up?

You guys know that the closer we get to the actual primaries, the more negative media is going to turn up the heat - the current establishment do not want Ron Paul for President and they are going to do what ever they can to thwart our efforts!

The question is how to find ways to turn negatives into positives!

I tried contacting Kinky Friedman awhile back to support Ron Paul. Kinky made a run for the gov's office on an indi ticket. He did pretty well, but obviously didn't win. See if you can contact him, perhaps if enough of us contact him about Ron, he'll come out swinging for him. Kinky is funny, you'll like him. His stance on gay marriage is, "They [homosexuals] have the right to be just as miserable as the rest of us."

heh....

Swmorgan77
09-01-2007, 10:30 AM
http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/09/01/texas-governor-reportedly-disses-ron-paul/

Erik called me this morning from the Straw Poll. He said that while Governor Perry could not make it to the event, he sent a pre-recorded message. According to Erik, the Governor said that despite the fact that Texas does not have a presidential candidate, at least a Republican can win the presidential race. I’m sure this one will hit the local papers for some time to come. Eric will be sending some pictures for me to post when he gets the chance.

Perry should be in Fedearl prison for violating Federal law and discussing policy at secret meetings.

He's a total creep.

constituent
09-01-2007, 10:30 AM
kinky got robbed... no way that many people voted for Rick...

he is the most reviled of scum.

MsDoodahs
09-01-2007, 10:39 AM
One of my neighbors was a kinky supporter.

cjhowe
09-01-2007, 10:41 AM
...despite the fact that Texas does not have a presidential candidate...

Maybe Perry was trying to do Ron Paul a favor. After all, his bff Bush has kind of ruined the Texas brand.

disinter
09-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Contact the governor:

http://www2.governor.state.tx.us/contact/

AdamT
09-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Perry is TOTAL scum, a Bilderberger, and a absolute TOOL of the NWO/globalists.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I HATE Rick Perry.

DITTO! I don't know why he hasn't been impeached with his secret little deals on our roads with Cintra and his refusal to show the state legislature what he agreed to.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 11:08 AM
# Citizen's Opinion Hotline: (800) 252-9600 [for Texas callers]

# Citizen's Assistance and Opinion Hotline: (512) 463-1782
[for Austin, Texas and out-of-state callers]

I called, quoted his statement, said I was a long-time Texas conservative Republican and I was deeply offended by his comment. That he well knew that Congressman Ron Paul was a candidate for President and that I took great offense at his discounting of one of our own Texas congressmen. I said that he needed to make a public apology.

MsDoodahs
09-01-2007, 11:24 AM
We need a "snail mail perry" campaign.

I'll find the addresses and when I do, I'm starting a thread for it.

It's too easy for them to just delete a voice mail and to just click vanish emails.

But SNAIL MAIL...at the very least they'll have to deal with a large volume of letters.

Hopefully someone will have to open them before they get pitched.

Let's snow his office with mail from supporters nationwide, reminding his evil ass that Texas has a whole CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT that his vile comment offended.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I really hate Rick Perry. He's a f&&&ing snake.

cjhowe
09-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Contact the governor:

Thanks disinter...my comment:

Gov. Perry,
I know it's been hard work improving learning in core subject areas like math, reading and science. I also know, it's been hard work gerrymandering our districts. Perhaps we want to take a second look at the importance of geography. While we were busy redrawing boundaries, we didn't erase the 14th Congressional district from Texas altogether. So, imagine my surprise when I heard your recorded message at the first ever Texas GOP Straw Poll that Texas didn't have a candidate running for the office of the President of the United States in 2008. Texas does have a candidate, Ron Paul. It is also worth noting that Ron Paul is in fact the only Republican that can maintain the Republican hold on the executive branch next November.
Now, I realize that you haven't always been a Republican. I forgive you for that. However, America is demanding change. America is demanding the core values of the Republican Party; respect for the Declaration of Independence, respect for the Constitution, recognizing the importance of self-government, personal integrity and personal responsibility, recognizing that all human life needs to be protected. America is demanding that we recognize that government spending is out of control, that we need immediate tax reform that is simple, fair and fully disclosed. America is demanding that we recognize that family is the foundational unit of a healthy society and that it is responsible for its own welfare, education and moral training. America is demanding that we recognize that peace is strength and America is demanding that we enforce our laws.
When you look at what America is demanding, they are demanding a Republican. When you look at the candidates seeking the Republican nomination, there is only ONE Republican in the field, Ron Paul and he is from the GREAT state of Texas. God bless Texas. God bless the U.S.A. God bless us all.

Stephen Gordon
09-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey guys. I'm still trying to get confirmation of the Perry statement and the exact wording used, etc. Might want to tone down stuff to the Governor's office until the statement can be verified.

hard@work
09-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks disinter...my comment:

Gov. Perry,
I know it's been hard work improving learning in core subject areas like math, reading and science. I also know, it's been hard work gerrymandering our districts. Perhaps we want to take a second look at the importance of geography. While we were busy redrawing boundaries, we didn't erase the 14th Congressional district from Texas altogether. So, imagine my surprise when I heard your recorded message at the first ever Texas GOP Straw Poll that Texas didn't have a candidate running for the office of the President of the United States in 2008. Texas does have a candidate, Ron Paul. It is also worth noting that Ron Paul is in fact the only Republican that can maintain the Republican hold on the executive branch next November.
Now, I realize that you haven't always been a Republican. I forgive you for that. However, America is demanding change. America is demanding the core values of the Republican Party; respect for the Declaration of Independence, respect for the Constitution, recognizing the importance of self-government, personal integrity and personal responsibility, recognizing that all human life needs to be protected. America is demanding that we recognize that government spending is out of control, that we need immediate tax reform that is simple, fair and fully disclosed. America is demanding that we recognize that family is the foundational unit of a healthy society and that it is responsible for its own welfare, education and moral training. America is demanding that we recognize that peace is strength and America is demanding that we enforce our laws.
When you look at what America is demanding, they are demanding a Republican. When you look at the candidates seeking the Republican nomination, there is only ONE Republican in the field, Ron Paul and he is from the GREAT state of Texas. God bless Texas. God bless the U.S.A. God bless us all.

That is an awesome statment and right on the message. Nice job.

cjhowe
09-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Hey guys. I'm still trying to get confirmation of the Perry statement and the exact wording used, etc. Might want to tone down stuff to the Governor's office until the statement can be verified.

Yeah, I just read the belo blog. My face went a little red when it quotes him as saying "We might not have a Bush on the ballot, but we cannot have a Clinton in the White House."

MsDoodahs
09-01-2007, 12:04 PM
So Perry wasn't quite as bad as initially reported?

I despised him before, so it doesn't change my view: I still do.

cjhowe
09-01-2007, 12:13 PM
That is an awesome statment and right on the message. Nice job.

I would encourage people to promote the Republican Party instead of conspiracy theories when talking about Ron Paul. It's an easier sell. Here's the Texas Republican platform:

http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer?pagename=library_platform

Stephen Gordon
09-01-2007, 12:21 PM
So Perry wasn't quite as bad as initially reported?

I despised him before, so it doesn't change my view: I still do.

I'm still waiting for a phone call from the ground. We'll see if there was an additional quote.

cjhowe
09-01-2007, 12:25 PM
It may come as a surprise to some of you that part of the Texas Republican Platform is to withdraw from the United Nations. Is there another candidate demanding this?

Brasil Branco
09-01-2007, 12:26 PM
It may come as a surprise to some of you that part of the Texas Republican Platform is to withdraw from the United Nations. Is there another candidate demanding this?

Doubt it- Americans are the one's who benifit the most from from the United Nations anyway. It was only until recently that influence of other nations began to contest their dominance and suddenly the United Nations became one big bad enemy. The US has been undermining that organisation for years.

AFTFNJ
09-01-2007, 02:27 PM
You can maybe send him a fax or a newspaper clipping to bring him upto speed!

Contact the Governor by Mail or Telephone
Telephone

* Citizen's Assistance Hotline: (800) 843-5789
[for Texas callers]
* Citizen's Opinion Hotline: (800) 252-9600
[for Texas callers]
* Citizen's Assistance and Opinion Hotline: (512) 463-1782
[for Austin, Texas and out-of-state callers]
* Office of the Governor Main Switchboard: (512) 463-2000
[office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST]
* Citizen's Assistance Telecommunications Device
If you are using a telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD), call 711 to reach Relay Texas

Fax

* Office of the Governor Fax: (512) 463-1849

Mailing Address

Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711-2428
Delivery Address

Office of the Governor
State Insurance Building
1100 San Jacinto
Austin, Texas 78701

thomj76
09-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Please, please, please confirm this before acting.

When you do act, be positive. I had a talk with a local DJ here in Florida who made this statement to me,

"I love what Ron Paul says, however, its some of his supporters and their way of conveying their message that have turned me off"

Be balanced, intelligent and respectful when you talk. those who might not support Ron Paul initially may look deeper for more info if the message is said in a thoughtful, balanced and respectful manner.

Shink
09-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Well, that asshole got shunned for a violation of the Logan Act by Ron Paul, so don't expect anything good coming out of that bastard's mouth. He sold out Texas, and it'll lead to a selling out of the country. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the North American Union, and to tyranny for which it stands, one continent, under Bush, with slavery and injustice for all."

surf
09-01-2007, 02:40 PM
wait for a confirm

cjhowe
09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
here's your confirm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM8S8DW7eY8 at the 1:08 mark

Qiu
09-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I think he knows full well that Ron Paul is running, what governor doesn't know of his state's congressmen? Perhaps he is just suggesting that Ron Paul is some sort of traitor to Republicans or to Texans in general as Perry talked about how maintaining the Iraq war was vital right before his "no Texan is running" comment.

BLS
09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Please, please, please confirm this before acting.

When you do act, be positive. I had a talk with a local DJ here in Florida who made this statement to me,

"I love what Ron Paul says, however, its some of his supporters and their way of conveying their message that have turned me off"

Be balanced, intelligent and respectful when you talk. those who might not support Ron Paul initially may look deeper for more info if the message is said in a thoughtful, balanced and respectful manner.

That's f'ing stupid.

If you went to a Metallica concert, and met a bunch of aholes there, would you stop listening to Metallica because you don't like their followers??

Comments like that are just stupid to make (on his part..not yours)

Pauliana
09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Whoah.

He really did say it didn't he. Snub all wrapped up in ignorance.

Let's educate him. He sounds like he's a forgetful type, so should be gently reminded that there *IS* a Texan on the ballot. Several times. But gently.

james1906
09-03-2007, 08:52 PM
here's your confirm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM8S8DW7eY8 at the 1:08 mark

at 2:50, he says he's relaunching his website and it's loaded with tools. :D

LibertyEagle
09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
What an ASSHOLE!!! I feel a letter to the editor coming on.

im_a_pepper
09-03-2007, 09:02 PM
fave it, comment, digg, whatever, let it be seen and heard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33bbuTQHVQ&NR=1

The first 2 minutes should be reproduced
:D

Stephen Gordon
09-03-2007, 09:07 PM
cjhowe,

Thanks for the quote confirmation. I've updated the initial blog entry here (http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/09/03/texas-governor-dissed-ron-paul/).

LibertyEagle
09-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Everyone that lives in Texas, I hope is planning on writing a letter to the editor about this. What Perry did is outrageous!

cjhowe
09-03-2007, 09:15 PM
cjhowe,

Thanks for the quote confirmation. I've updated the initial blog entry here (http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/09/03/texas-governor-dissed-ron-paul/).

David Helt from the FW meetup found it. Sad thing is that Rick Perry posted that on his YouTube account. Someone may want to reupload it.

Bryan
09-03-2007, 09:29 PM
There was some talk of this at the Straw Poll and was looking into the issue last night and found the youtube, I was planning on making an "Education Rick (on the Ron Paul Revolution)" video (already did one for Fred on the NAU) but really his statement could be spun to mean "that Dr. Paul may not win the nomination so we may not have a Texas on the general election ballot". If you listen closely it is somewhat ambiguous. Who knows. Maybe I should just finish the video anyway...

Pizza God
09-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Contact the governor:

Done, i attended the straw poll and was upset by that also.

Perry is a scum bag in more than one way.