PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Endorses Pork King Don Young

nevadamidwife
08-24-2008, 01:19 AM
http://www.theagitator.com/2008/08/23/ron-paul-endorses-pork-king-don-young/

I usually love The Agitator. He fertilizes my distaste for the police state. He stopped being a fan of RP after RP did not name the author of the racist writing done under RPs name so many years ago. The person Mr Balko named as the ghost writer is another blogger that I love, but I would prefer that old mistakes would not keep getting dug up.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone wants to add a comment or some clarification to the two comments that are there, now.

Cheers!

devil21
08-25-2008, 07:15 PM
I dont get why people are so up in arms about this endorsement. Both Young and Parnell hold views that RP agrees with and RP picked the person that he knows personally for his endorsement. Is Parnell a better choice? Possibly, but Ill defer to RP for his reasons since he's earned the benefit of the doubt. Shame that people are turning on Paul over a single endorsement tho.

0zzy
08-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Richard Viguerie is shocked and dissappointed as well.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/richard-viguerie-ron-paul-endorsement/story.aspx?guid={532A9F34-1170-4B53-8C37-4C73B824E6E3}&dist=hppr

Either Ron Paul's staff is again incompetent, or, I dono what.

Paul is tossing out these endorsements like fiat currency, it's making it useless for him to even endorse anyone with endorsements like this.

user
08-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Paul is tossing out these endorsements like fiat currency

Hahaha :D

user
08-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Something is really wrong here. This guy Don Young supported the Iraq war and has been in Congress since 1973. Why would RP endorse him?

Grimnir Wotansvolk
08-26-2008, 01:39 AM
0$ for the CFL until I get a worthy explanation for this

Edit: upon a closer look, it seems Ron's rationale is that as long as the Fed takes dollars away from us, why not try to bring it home to the taxpayer's. I tend to agree (although in some ways, it probably encourages them to take more. not that they wouldn't, anyhow)

As far as the Iraq war goes, of which it appears Young hasn't wavered on, I still need an explanation. Ron should have remained indifferent, or endorsed an independent/libertarian. Fuck party politics.

Both Young and Parnell hold views that Paul agrees with, and views he does not agree with, and Paul simply picked the person he knows better for his endorsement. I dont get why people are wringing their hands about it. It’s not like Paul endorsed a democrat!Come to think of it, has Paul endorsed Bob Conley? I do believe I smell partisanship and inconsistency.

user
08-26-2008, 02:04 AM
In his letter, Paul said he was supporting Young, in part, for his backing of the Liberty Amendment, which would bar the federal government from operating any business-type activities and abolish the federal income tax.

“Few members of Congress have shown the insight to understand the importance of this sweeping legislation to restrain the federal government, and even fewer have shown the courage to co-sponsor this bill,” Paul said. “Don is one of those.”

So I guess one good thing (or a few) is enough for an endorsement, but maybe even one bad thing, like supporting the Iraq war, should prevent it.

newyearsrevolution08
08-26-2008, 02:51 AM
I just think it is harder to find worthy people to actually endorse now adays

slim pickins...

sad really

phree
08-26-2008, 06:17 AM
Can someone explain why this thread is under bad media reporting. Is the reporting inaccurate?

slacker921
08-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Can someone explain why this thread is under bad media reporting. Is the reporting inaccurate?

it doesn't seem to be inaccurate.. it's just not very good for Ron Paul.

http://www.emediaworld.com/press_release/release_detail.php?id=143927

Kludge
08-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Wtf was Viguerie doing commenting publicly on this?

Kludge
08-26-2008, 07:45 AM
I do believe I smell partisanship and inconsistency.

He is still a member of the GOP in congress, after all... They do not hand out positions based on who's the least busy. Ron still must play politics, just like everyone else if he seeks to change anything...

phree
08-26-2008, 08:36 AM
it doesn't seem to be inaccurate.. it's just not very good for Ron Paul.

http://www.emediaworld.com/press_release/release_detail.php?id=143927

That's my point, I haven't seen any evidence that this is "bad media reporting".

Kludge
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM
That's my point, I haven't seen any evidence that this is "bad media reporting".

Maybe the OP just made a mistake, assuming the sub-forum is for bad press on Paul - or was the thread moved here?

phree
08-26-2008, 11:00 AM
or was the thread moved here?

That's my concern.

LibertyEagle
08-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I looked at the thread history. It was not moved; it was created here.

Flash
08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
He fertilizes my distaste for the police state. He stopped being a fan of RP after RP did not name the author of the racist writing done under RPs name so many years ago

I hope people realize theres a reason for not naming the ghostwriter. As the 'racist' author could be open to being physically attacked by a crazed fan of Paul or some anti-racist. Its more than just, "DUUUUDE Ron Paul supports the racisttss!!"

V-rod
09-01-2008, 04:30 AM
Can I get some free baby back ribs from the king?

In all seriousness, if he was going to endorse this guy, he might as well should have endorsed McCain (even though Mccain acted like a jerk).
He could of probably received a speech slot at the convention, and trashed most of the GOP for allowing Prescription Drug Plan, and Dept of Education increases, and corporate bailouts.