PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Rider's

UtahApocalypse
09-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Help Wanted

All positions unpaid, but not thankless Smiley

Enormous Benefits for Success Wink

Should be lot's of fun.

A few of us have been working on a nationwide promotional campaign for RP. Detailing has begun on Suzu's network, (in the "ideas" section). While we aregreat fans of "Open Source Campaigning". We, also, realize the necessity of a relativly stable place to work.

Suzu is giving us webspace and has volunteered to host/maintain a site for this effort <applause>. In this regard, we could use designers and web experts to help create content. We are still deciding on an URL. If there are no objections by tomorrow night, I am going with what we have...

We, also, need a designer to help with a Logo. We have marketing professionals involved who will help in this and other PR efforts.

These are immediate needs.

We need help in the following areas:

Logistics/Co-ordination
Funds/PAC
Offline PR/Marketing
Online PR/Marketing

and anything we haven't thought of yet...

We will need Co-ordinators for the following States/Cities

AL
Mobile

AZ
Pheonix
Tuscon

CA
Los Angeles
San Diego

D.C.

FL
Pensecola
Jacksonville

GA
savannah

LA
The Big Easy

MS
Mobile

NC
Fayettville

NM
El Paso

SC
Charleston

TX
Austin
Houston

VA
Richmond

More locations will be added.

This will be as big as we all want to make it. We would like to see everyone raise lots of cash for RP, while doing all the really cool stuff that we are capable of. Utah, and Hawaii, will simply go and talk about him, to everyone they can.

We want to thank those of you who have helped me in bringing this to light. DJ, in particular, has been an enormous source of encouragement. Thank you all for your back channel. Now is the time to get this off the ground. Start date is Oct 21.

Who wants to help where?

Please Contact me via PM

ghemminger
09-01-2007, 10:42 AM
I"M IN!!! Whether you want me or NOT!!!LOL GOOD LUCK GUYS! I'll be unofficial promoter!!!!

ronpaulhawaii
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
bump

DjLoTi
09-01-2007, 06:41 PM
This is going to be a massive, massive event. G, we could totally use your help on marketing/promotion.

Let me break it down for the people who have trouble reading the OP

Utah and Hawaii are bicycling from SoCal to DC. They're going to stop at every city on the way, talking to as many people as they can. This should and could gain national and international news.

I'm thinking about having a big rally in DC for the day they'll planning to end their trip. Also, anyone who wants to bike along with these guys, let us know! This is a major, major grassroots thrown event that should make large waves in the world. Yes, the world.

So lets do this! We need everyone's help and support to make this a giant PR event.

UtahApocalypse
09-02-2007, 12:22 PM
bump

constituent
09-02-2007, 12:57 PM
need any gas in tx let me know.

:D :D :D

DjLoTi
09-02-2007, 01:07 PM
:) This event is going to be huge...

ronpaulhawaii
09-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Simply put, We are going to ride bicycles across America. Spreading "Hope for America" in every nook and cranny we pass through. We are attempting to start a wave of support that will ripple throughout the nation. Done right, this could be enormously effective. Both in raising awareness for our candidate, and in raising cash for his campaign.

This idea was born during my walk around Oahu. I realized that waiting for the MSM was not going to get us to our goal of a Ron Paul presidency. I found that people actually responded to my presence in very positive ways. That they were interested in hearing about another choice for President. That I was actually affecting voters in a way that the MSM never will.

I, also, realized that this effort energized our MeetUp and got people into the street. For the first time, they realized that campaigning can be fun, and rewarding, in ways they had not considered. So, I figured I would just have to do another walk; on another island.

Then, Kelly Halldorson did her incredible 38 mile, one day walk, and the Forums ignited with the idea of "Crossing America for Ron Paul". While I knew this was good idea, I also knew that the promoters did not quite realize the enormity of what they were proposing. Many of the ideas proposed were logistical nightmares and could never be pulled off in time to help RP win the nomination. So I mused.

I studied the routes, I studied others who are now out there, and others who have already done this "crazy" thing. One thing I realized, was that there were so many people doing similar walks/rides that it would not be "of note" to many people, and that others would just think we were kooks. So I mused, all the while watching the "Walk across America" thread.

I kept trying to work out a logical way to do this thing, and time kept getting in my way. We did not have 6 months to walk, much less plan a "Walk across America" and even riding would leave us little time and energy to effectively canvass. Then, I remembered Electric Bicycles.

They can get us across in the time frame we need. They will get us into towns fresh and cheerful, with plenty of time to spread the word. They are unique enough to draw attention.

And it has never been done!

So I looked at my finances, and my life, and made a decision to attempt this thing. I was in the right position to do it. The only thing I really needed was a partner. So I watched the thread, dropped hints, made offers and found UtahApocalypse, willing and able. The project was born. And we have been quietly working on it ever since.

What will we make of it, only time will tell. But with the team we have started here, and the enormous talent and resources of the RP Grass Roots network, we really can start a wave of support rolling over this great country, and get Ron Pauls name and msg into millions of minds.

No fooling .

constituent, we'll be coming to visit :D

If anyone wants to help, sign up at

www.ronpaulriders.com/forums (http://www.ronpaulriders.com/forums)

I'll be travelling all day tomorrow Dj or Utah can open the door, Guys, check the admin/members area and lets get this thing rolling

and yes m** i decided to post this anyway :)