PDA

View Full Version : RLC Chapter Slammed for Hate Material

Cap'n Jack
08-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Just passing this one along...

AMERICANS AGAINST HATE CALLS ON RLC TO REMOVE HATE MATERIAL FROM SITE AND TO DISCIPLINE OFFENDERS

(Jacksonville, FL) Americans Against Hate (AAH) is calling on the National office of the Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC) to take action against one of its chapters, the RLC of Northeast Florida, for posting anti-Semitic material on its website.

The material (http://republican.meetup.com/609/pages/Neo-_Conservativism/) includes links to such titles as: 'AIPAC's Power Base: America's Real Terrorists,' 'Israeli or American? It's Anyone's Guess,' and 'On Joe Klein and the Jewish Neoconservatives.'

On the RLC Northeast Florida site, the terms "Neocon" and "Zionist" connote some sort of sinister, power-hungry, dual-loyalty driven Jewish cabal, a classic anti-Semitic theme.

According to the group, which is based in Jacksonville, Florida, "Zionism is a political movement closely associated with," of all things, "nazism."

The group, which seems to be obsessed with conspiracy theories, also attempts to connect President George W. Bush and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with Nazis. [According to the national site, the RLC is an independent body and "is not officially affiliated with the Republican National Committee."]

AAH Chairman Joe Kaufman stated, "The anti-Jewish content found on the RLC Northeast Florida website is both offensive and dangerous. It goes way beyond simple criticism of Israel and those that support the Jewish state. We call on the RLC leadership to take the necessary action against its Northeast Florida chapter. That includes taking down the offensive material and possibly cutting ties with those that are responsible for its existence on the website."

Those concerned are asked to respectfully contact the RLC National headquarters, at (866) 752-5423 and/or RLC Florida, at (800) 789-1908

Looks like part of an ongoing campaign (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=144923) against the RLC of Northeast Florida.

lynnf
08-23-2008, 05:42 PM

Looks like part of an ongoing campaign (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=144923) against the RLC of Northeast Florida.

looks to me like their usual mischaracterization of any criticism or exposure as "hate speech". it will be their undoing just like the proverbial "boy who cried wolf" -- no one will believe them after they've pulled this too many times. may already be at that point.

lynn

maxxoccupancy
08-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Believe it or not, there are still folks out there who confuse criticism of zionism with anti-semitism. Anti-semites would love to ship the Jews off to Israel to have them be blown up by car bombers. Pro-semites, like myself and other RLC members, want American Jews to remain here and contribute further to the defense of this nation, which has far more Jewish members than any other country on Earth.

GreenCardSeeker
08-24-2008, 01:23 AM
It's sad that organizations like the ADL and this AAH that I haven't heard much about claim to fight hate when they are really the worst hatemongerers there are, attempting to link anything critical of the state of Israel to racial hatred. They spout venom against organizations and views they want banned, which is the real hate. These organizations are also trying to stir conflict, by making unwarranted attacks on people that aren't anti-semites, hoping that the people attacked in turn will start to hate Jews in general, so that the ADL and other organizations then can have yet another ghost of anti-semitism to put on display. The ADL wouldn't be able to exist without hate. The question is - do we want factual discussions of international affairs, where any party can be criticized, or do we let organizations like these turn it into hatred?

ADL, AAH, SPLC and similar organizations should be exposed for what they are, no one should listen to them. The anger they provoke with their actions shouldn't be turned against the people they say they defend, but rather against the organizations themselves. Our philosophy should be this: "We don't want your hatred, so stop pestering us."

ChooseLiberty
08-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Nice. Are you sure you're a Swede? :D

It's sad that organizations like the ADL and this AAH that I haven't heard much about claim to fight hate when they are really the worst hatemongerers there are, attempting to link anything critical of the state of Israel to racial hatred. They spout venom against organizations and views they want banned, which is the real hate. These organizations are also trying to stir conflict, by making unwarranted attacks on people that aren't anti-semites, hoping that the people attacked in turn will start to hate Jews in general, so that the ADL and other organizations then can have yet another ghost of anti-semitism to put on display. The ADL wouldn't be able to exist without hate. The question is - do we want factual discussions of international affairs, where any party can be criticized, or do we let organizations like these turn it into hatred?

ADL, AAH, SPLC and similar organizations should be exposed for what they are, no one should listen to them. The anger they provoke with their actions shouldn't be turned against the people they say they defend, but rather against the organizations themselves. Our philosophy should be this: "We don't want your hatred, so stop pestering us."

GreenCardSeeker
08-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Nice. Are you sure you're a Swede? :D

Hehe, I guess I'm a bit atypical over here in my support for free speech.

Orgoonian
08-24-2008, 06:15 AM

Why do i taste bile whenever cap'n Jack posts?:rolleyes:

BarryDonegan
08-24-2008, 03:47 PM
the AIPAC article is fine, that is fair criticism, but be careful when writing exposes about ethnic or religious group individuals inside of a classification where they don't self identify as that.

I'm not a fan of PC, I'll say that right off, but there is a huge difference between criticizing the IDL or any self identified Jewish group, as opposed to criticizing Jewish Neoconservatives, which is an ethnic profile applied by the author.

its the difference between criticizing a policy idea presented by NAACP and the motivations behind it(which would be fine, they are a group which self identifies as having a boutique one-group serving interest), as opposed to an expose about "black congressmen" or something like that, where the author is making broad generalizations about a group of people.

While someone might believe jewish neoconservatives pick different targets for interventionism than other ethnic neoconservatives, its neither here nor there, there is no benefit to exposing some sortof element of secret zionism in a neoconservative, especially when you have an out-in-the-open AIPAC lobby that you can legitimately debate the ethical consequences of... the idea that another nations foreign policy concerns should be of any interest at all to an American politician. The fact that its Israel should be deemphasized in favor of a simple overall stopping of the practice.