PDA

View Full Version : Cspan will be at the rally live

ItsTime
08-23-2008, 03:25 PM
"Dear Friend of Liberty:

Your support for Ron Paul and the limited government message has inspired a new generation of activists to take a stand for liberty.

Today you can help me provide those activist with another boost.

We are now just days away from Campaign for Liberty's Rally for the Republic in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This promises to be a significant event in the history of our movement and our nation.

For three days, the grassroots activists who have made Dr Paul's efforts successful will gather during the Republican National Convention to spread the message of constitutional government.

And to kick-off the new grassroots organization, Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty.

To make this event a real success, we must have your help.

I hope to see you in Minneapolis, but whether or not you can attend, you can help make this event a huge success by going to https://rally. campaignforliberty. com/donate/ and giving your most generous donation today.

The budget for this event is over $1 million dollars. But, even more important than the cost are the benefits to our movement.

In the 1980's I was a national officer in Young Americans for Freedom (YAF). In the early 1960's that organization was developed around the campaigns of Barry Goldwater. And the organization really took off when it was able to fill Madison Square Garden for its inaugural event.

Now, Dr Paul's Campaign for Liberty has a chance to really set sail in a big way. We need to fill the Target Center in Minneapolis to show the political establishment that this movement is here to stay.

We are not about one campaign in one year, we are in this for the long haul.

We are going to fight to restore the Republic, to limit the government to its constitutional functions, to reclaim a foreign policy that defends America, and to put a stop to the centrally planned economy that results from the Federal Reserve System.

This Rally for the Republic is our key first step to taking America back. We will have three solid days in Minnesota where we plan to set the agenda, and get the attention our cause has earned.

We will have a training session for key grassroots activists, a leadership summit to begin laying the groundwork for our long term nationwide activities, and a celebration to mark the gains made by Dr.Paul -- and our cause -- over this past year.

Also, we'll have a significant media event on Spetember 2 in the Target Center. We will have speeches and appearances by Barry Goldwater, Jr and Tucker Carlson, by Dr Thomas Woods and Governor Jesse Ventura. And, of course, our keynote address will be given by Dr Ron Paul.

In addition, musical artists Sara Evans and Aimee Allen will entertain the crowd.

As you can see, this star-studded line-up will be a real attention grabber. Staff tells me that both C-SPAN and Nightline will broadcast live from the event.

But, obviously, this will not be an inexpensive event. To make this a first class showing for our cause, I need your help.

Please donate today at: https://rally. campaignforliberty. com/donate/

If you are able to be in Minneapolis, I hope you will come. And I hope you'll purchase your ticket from the Rally for the Republic web site today. I would love to shake your hand in Minnesota. If you can possibly be there, I can promise you it will be well worth your efforts.

But, again, please help today whether you can be on hand or not.

Please give most generously to make this event a success.

Please make your most generous contribution at
https://rally. campaignforliberty. com/donate/

To make sure activists from across America can afford to attend this event, Dr. Paul has asked that we keep the ticket price down to the low price of $17.76. This is his way of saying "thank you" to everybody who has done so much for the cause of freedom.

Now, let's make sure we show him our support and appreciation for his sacrifices by making this a truly world class event.

Please help today, we are just days away from this important event.

Thank you for all you have done, and continue to do for the cause of Liberty in the United States.

Yours In Liberty

John Tate
Executive Director
Campaign for Liberty

P.S.
I hope to see you in Minneapolis, but whether or not you can attend, you can help make this event a huge success by going to https://rally. campaignforliberty. com/donate/ and giving your most generous donation today.
"

westmich4paul
08-23-2008, 05:19 PM
I think this is the most important message we can take coming out of the Rally on Sept 2nd. Do we let this movement die or do we stay steadfast and keep working to change our govt from ground up? We should see what the YAF did right and what they did wrong and learn from their movement. Iwas just a wee lad at the time of Goldwater but it seems like the movement afterwerds just kind of fizzled out of existance because what later on did they achieve? Had they been successful we probably would not be here now trying to do it all over again. These are the things I have noticed the most from different society's like the John Birch Society and the YAF is that they seem to be in existence but really never do anything that effects change. If the C4L is to be different then we need to learn why it is these groups seem to get stuck and what we need to do different so it does not happen to us.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Goldwater did accomplish much. He kicked off a renewed interest in the Constitution at that time, and inspired many new leaders at all levels. He paved the way for Reagan's election. Even today he serves as the Father of Conservatism. His book, Conscience of a Conservative influenced me, personally, and John Tate is yet another product. Congressman Micky Edwards came out of the Goldwater movement, as did other Congressmen who are now no longer serving.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

I hope this rEVOLution will propel us through another few decades -- hopefully even more successful decades for liberty with liberty Congressmen, Senators and Presidents -- and that one of the youngsters here may be the one to pick up the ball in several decades if liberty wanes again.

Just as with Goldwater's campaign, there is a renewed interest in the Constitution. It's up to us to keep that alive.

westmich4paul
08-23-2008, 06:25 PM
I was not saying Goldwater did not accomplish anything, he did he inspired a movement . Problem is we need to get Senators, not just congressmen. There are way too many in Congress for a select few to really make a huge difference. Most are not like Ron that can inspire a movement the way he has and even he will admit that being the lone voice in the sea of Congress is tough, sometimes very frustrating. We just need to move in a swifter pace than any organization that has come before us. We need to learn from past mistakes made by others to make us strong. Time and current situations definately are not on our side here.

RSLudlum
08-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I Problem is we need to get Senators, not just congressmen..

are there any other RP supporters in the running for Senate besides Bob Conley?