PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for McCain/Paul 08?

robertwerden
08-23-2008, 08:16 AM
I would.

FrankRep
08-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Ron Paul would turn down the offer. Remember?

(Until McCain changed his views on Foreign Policy)

Truth Warrior
08-23-2008, 08:29 AM
I just might consider it, if John was on his death bed on inauguration day. ;)

jkr
08-23-2008, 08:39 AM
melanoma is bad...

Vaio
08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Considering it'll come down to either Obama or McCain, as third-party isn't plausible in this election (please don't flame with the BS philosophy..I live in the real-world), I'd take McCain over Obama. Nothing scares me more than a Democratic Congress rubber stamping Obama as they will fear his support (plus they're all Democrats). I mean just look at how the Republicans with Bush were..

So if my only two choices were McCain/Obama, I'd take McCain. I'm not voting for McCain, but if Paul were on the ticket, I definitely would. They keep running these things on TV where it shows Obama outraising McCain 5:3, so picking Paul would solve his fundraising problems ;)

Vaio
08-23-2008, 08:44 AM
I mean just look at how much Cheney has influenced Dubbya..think if Paul got a hold of McCain--just on economics alone!! It's clear McCain doesn't have a clue (nor does Obama), but if Paul could just influence McCain on economic policy, he could change America completely as the other issues would just follow. So much of what we do is for wealth, so worrying about whether or not foreign policy would change, etc. is irrelevant. You can change foreign policy every 4 years, but it'll keep coming back as an issue. If you fix the intervention in the economy, you prevent intervention abroad.

ItsTime
08-23-2008, 08:51 AM
I would. As glen beck said, 10% of Ron Paul supporters are freaking crazy.

speciallyblend
08-23-2008, 09:02 AM
HELL NO ,are you people freaking crazy , this means ron paul would of sold out , i cannot believe anyone would actually say yes, do you not understand what ron paul has been saying from day 1 ,i guess not

ItsTime
08-23-2008, 09:04 AM
HELL NO ,are you people freaking crazy , this means ron paul would of sold out , i cannot believe anyone would actually say yes, do you not understand what ron paul has been saying from day 1 ,i guess not

says the person that says we need to drop the GOP :rolleyes:

AJ Antimony
08-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Let me see if I have this straight...

If Paul is not the running mate, all of you hate McCain for his views.

But if he chooses Ron Paul, obviously for no other reason than to attract the conservative vote, you'd vote for him? He would only pick Ron for votes, not to follow the Constitution.

And we better hope McCain picks anyone other than Romney. The latest Zogby updates suggest Romney would give McCain a big boost in swing states.

brandon
08-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Would you vote for satan/jesus '08 ?

christagious
08-23-2008, 09:23 AM
But if he chooses Ron Paul, obviously for no other reason than to attract the conservative vote, you'd vote for him?

I don't think you understand...... Lyndon B. Johnson, Andrew Johnson

Vaio
08-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Would you vote for satan/jesus '08 ?

No. I believe of a separation of Church and State.

westmich4paul
08-23-2008, 11:43 AM
HELL NO ,are you people freaking crazy , this means ron paul would of sold out , i cannot believe anyone would actually say yes, do you not understand what ron paul has been saying from day 1 ,i guess not Easy.......................Easy..., Take a breath, in with the good... out with the bad. Now sit while I make a nice tri corner foil hat fer you!

We really need this Rally we are getting edgy!

No1ButPaul08
08-23-2008, 11:45 AM
I would. As glen beck said, 10% of Ron Paul supporters are freaking crazy.

This is the correct answer and why Ron has zero chance of ever being VP.

slothman
08-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't because Mccain is just like Bush, who I disagree with.
His VP wouldn't change that.

DFF
08-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I would because McCain might bite in...then RP would be President! :D

Drknows
08-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Mccain is going to pick Vagina now.

Picking Ron Paul would hurt all his talking points. McCain wants someone who is silent on foreign policy and sweet on domestic issues. The obvious choice is Vagina.

Im sure he wants someone like Mitt for economic policy but Mitt will cost him more votes than he would gain.

Kludge
08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I picked no, but I only just woke up, and after sipping on some coffee, realized it was the wrong choice.

That would be a lesser of two evils scenario where I can at least differentiate between the two as to who is more or less evil. I'd definitely be voting McCain in hopes that he dies - I doubt he'd give Paul any power at all.

satchelmcqueen
08-23-2008, 03:09 PM
with the choices we have now, i would.

surf
08-23-2008, 03:21 PM
yes, and like others here, i'd feel bad about hoping McCain bites it early in his term. of course, McWar might let the smart guy run things and be his mouthpiece.....

Kevin_Kennedy
08-23-2008, 06:15 PM
No, I would still vote for Bob Barr. Ron Paul as VP would not change McCain's platform, and I would lose respect for Paul for running with him.

Raditude
08-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Remember, the vice president presides over congress, so Ron Paul would have some power. I mean it's better than no Ron Paul at all.

I'm surprised there's a split in the vote. It's these kind of splits that cause our candidates to fail to win elections. We should be united behind Ron Paul, even if he chooses to accept the VP nomination.

klamath
08-23-2008, 06:36 PM
It will never happen, Period. However since I think that both McCain and Obama are no different and we are going to get one or the other, RP on the ticket would change the balance. Whether or not RP got much influence in a Mccain administration it would be a move up from a lowly representitive to the president of the senate. If vice president Paul ran in 2012 we could very well see President Paul. For one thing knowing RP he would be fighting McCain's every stupid move and would be getting huge news coverage from it.
In chess this would be like trading a bishop for a queen.

Knightskye
08-23-2008, 06:46 PM
President McCain.

No.

Paul said he wouldn't accept if McCain offered. On CNN, he even said he'd have to resign if McCain invaded Iran.

Andrew-Austin
08-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Trying to conceive of a realistic situation of how that ticket would even become possible, no.

Remember, the vice president presides over congress, so Ron Paul would have some power. I mean it's better than no Ron Paul at all.

I'm surprised there's a split in the vote. It's these kind of splits that cause our candidates to fail to win elections. We should be united behind Ron Paul, even if he chooses to accept the VP nomination.

Paul would be selling himself out, and he would be selling us out. Politicians are supposed to serve/represent the people and not the other way around, Paul would be betraying his supporters in a certain sense.

libertarian4321
08-23-2008, 10:39 PM
No, because McCain might live through the entire 4 years.

Plus, I don't think Ron Paul would defile himself by associating with the likes of McCain- I would think Ron would turn down any such offer (not that McWar would ever offer it to a non-neocon).

Raditude
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I'd much rather have McCain, than Obama. I don't think I'd vote for Obama/Paul though.

jcarcinogen
08-24-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm shocked that this poll is tied as I type this. You would vote McCain?

I call PsyOp

10% > than status quo.

Zack
08-24-2008, 01:07 AM
As long as Paul didn't change the focus of his message one bit, why not? As long as Paul openly said "I don't support McCains policies at all, and I'm only agreeing to run as VP for the political capital and because McCain might not be able to complete his 4 years as President" then what's wrong with that?

Let's say there would statistically be a 5% of Paul becoming Pres in those 4 years... that's compared to the 0.05% of someone with Paul's view's winning in a general election...

Grandson of Liberty
08-24-2008, 01:31 AM
I broke the tie, yahoo.

a "yes" vote here, just for the sake of voting in a completely meaningless, never gonna happen scenario. :o

Rangeley
08-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Why is the assumption by many that a McCain/Paul ticket would mean Paul was the one to change his views?

It's not going to happen though, obviously.

klamath
08-24-2008, 10:20 AM
It will never happen, Period. However since I think that both McCain and Obama are no different and we are going to get one or the other, RP on the ticket would change the balance. Whether or not RP got much influence in a Mccain administration it would be a move up from a lowly representitive to the president of the senate. If vice president Paul ran in 2012 we could very well see President Paul. For one thing knowing RP he would be fighting McCain's every stupid move and would be getting huge news coverage from it.
In chess this would be like trading a bishop for a queen.
I would vote for Obama/Paul ticket for the same reasons.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-24-2008, 11:55 AM
nt

Malakai
08-24-2008, 12:17 PM
This is a pointless thread.

Would you vote for Obama/Paul ticket? It's just as ridiculous, maybe even more so.

mediahasyou
08-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Paul is not even allowed at the convention.