PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday @ VT

bobmurph
09-01-2007, 08:04 AM
ESPN College Gameday is broadcast from Virginia Tech today. Hopefullly someone in the crowd will have a Ron Paul sign. Couldn't be a more appropirate place for a RP sign considering his position on the 2nd Amendment and that if someone there had a concealed & carry permit that tradgedy could have been prevented.

either way...we have to attack Gameday throughout the college football season...great way to get some name recognition.

SwooshOU
09-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Operation Gameday: Go RON PAUL/Virginia Tech fans!

rich34
09-01-2007, 08:10 AM
I can't stand Virginia Tech.

SwooshOU
09-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Well then, how 'bout "GO RON PAUL/GO ECU"?

rich34
09-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Well then, how 'bout "GO RON PAUL/GO ECU"?

GO RON PAUL/GO WVU! :)

csen
09-01-2007, 09:02 AM
I actually like this idea -- ESPN college gameday is watched by millions of people, and a big part of the broadcast is fans in the background holding up signs for the game. Why not crash these with RP supporters and signs? The one thing is I attended a USC-Notre Dame "Gameday rally" last year and there was a sign with OJ Simpson on it that said, "Kill the Irish" and security took it away. Not sure if they'd do the same for political signs.

Korey Kaczynski
09-01-2007, 09:09 AM
I can't stand Virginia Tech.

You know who else couldn't?

torchbearer
09-01-2007, 09:19 AM
I think LSU will be playing Virginia Tech next week?

rich34
09-01-2007, 11:02 AM
I think LSU will be playing Virginia Tech next week?

If so I hope they put a good whipping on them!

purepaloma
09-01-2007, 11:03 AM
How about a sign like VT loves Ron Paul ! or substitute teams for future gamedays.

They'd let that slide I think.

Brasil Branco
09-01-2007, 11:16 AM
ESPN College Gameday is broadcast from Virginia Tech today. Hopefullly someone in the crowd will have a Ron Paul sign. Couldn't be a more appropirate place for a RP sign considering his position on the 2nd Amendment and that if someone there had a concealed & carry permit that tradgedy could have been prevented.

either way...we have to attack Gameday throughout the college football season...great way to get some name recognition.

Very touchy subject... I would try to avoid it- it's way too soon for something like that. I think it might do more harm than good, huge potential to backfire.

FSP-Rebel
09-01-2007, 12:03 PM
We blanketed the highways (w/ 4x6 ft. vinyl signs) surrounding Ann Arbor last night, for the U-M game today. You can't travel I-94 today w/o seeing Paul signage. Unfortunately, we have to take them down later. We also are about to open our new county office in northern Ann Arbor; I think It's gonna be called "Revolution HQ" or something. It will be a dual office with a shirt printing company on the other side. Time to start cranking out the RP Tees.

Bro.Butch
09-01-2007, 12:14 PM
How about a sign like VT loves Ron Paul ! or substitute teams for future gamedays.

They'd let that slide I think.

This is an important post and should be utilized the rest of the CFB season. Millions upon millions could be introduced to RP through this one show. Using signs such as paloma recommends, should pass the speech nazis. Name ID is one main thing RP needs and we can help get it by targeting this show.

Perhaps : Dr. Ron Paul says ON TO VICTORY

or any of a hundred sayings should pass censorship...:) We need to try and get several different signs in, scattered throughout the crowd.:D It is grassroot tactics like this that can help us win the nomination :cool: It just has to be done each Saturday...

Bro.Butch
09-01-2007, 12:29 PM
We blanketed the highways (w/ 4x6 ft. vinyl signs) surrounding Ann Arbor last night, for the U-M game today. You can't travel I-94 today w/o seeing Paul signage. Unfortunately, we have to take them down later. We also are about to open our new county office in northern Ann Arbor; I think It's gonna be called "Revolution HQ" or something. It will be a dual office with a shirt printing company on the other side. Time to start cranking out the RP Tees.

OUTSTANDING ! The BIG house is like 109,000 plus ! isn't it ? Every home game all over America needs this kind of action !!! I know it's a hassle getting the signs down on sunday, but you will have them for the next game, they won't be in a landfill somewhere. Great Job !!! Who else did this ? Auburn students chalked all major sidewalks to the stadium (that's a possible 87,000+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCGFCwlfDcI

THX Purdue for the idea !!!

ProPaul08
09-01-2007, 01:52 PM
GO RON PAUL/GO WVU! :)

x2! Let's Go Mountaineers! ...and, of course, Ron Paul!

mtmedlin
09-01-2007, 02:07 PM
x2! Let's Go Mountaineers! ...and, of course, Ron Paul!

I support all my brethern in the BEAST! Go USF Bulls!

RedStripe
09-01-2007, 02:15 PM

Appalachian Wins! WOOOOOOOO God damn this is gonna be an awesome semester.

(I'm an ASU student)

Keith
09-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Our meet-up group is planning to hand out Slim Jims as people leave Bryant Denny stadium after the game tonight. College football games are a great place to increase name recognition.

surf
09-01-2007, 02:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnMicrosite?showID=FBCG
They announce the next sight on Monday

Go Huskies! and why does the Big Least get a BCS birth....