PDA

View Full Version : What should be my next firearm?

Uriel999
08-23-2008, 02:40 AM
What do you guys know/feel about the psl? I know as far as quality of finish they are not that great, but I hear mixed reviews about how accurate they are. Some say shit, some say excellent. Personally I am intrigued because of the price point. For 1200 bucks you get a rifle with scope and 440 rounds. The ammo is dirt cheap, apparently they eat wolf ammo easily used. That being said, m1a. Need I even say more about that rifle? But essentially I am at the point where I have decided to get a new firearm, either for long ranged usage which would mean m1a or psl (price point is great, but m1a! Or should I say screw both and go cheap and get a mosin-nagant sniper clone for 400 bucks and just have fun with a gun that can be used on the cheap and save for the next type weapon I want.

I'm also thinking I would like a firearm for less than 200 yards usage. Ideas include, HK USC (.45), Berreta storm cx4 (.45), or AR-15 (.223/5.56).

Pericles
08-23-2008, 10:42 AM
My opinion FWIW -

Priority 1 - AR platform as a general purpose weapon
Priority 2 - .45 M1911A1 (nothing bad has ever happened to me while carrying a .45)
Priority 3 - M1A or M1 Garand or 1903 for long range work
Priority 4 - a 9mm for compact carry (I have a Walther P5 for this purpose)
Priority 5 - more of the above for family members you like or really good friends you can depend on.

If you get a good deal, I could see AKs and Mosins as priority 5 weapons.

Uriel999
08-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Shit how did I post the same topic twice...must have been real drunk that night. Oops! Probably posted this before I could make it a poll...Ohwell. :rolleyes: