PDA

View Full Version : "(T-Rex's) Teeth were designed to tear and shred vegetables." WTF?

Knightskye
08-22-2008, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE0ar1rf1BU

And these people are McCain's "base"?

Adharcan
08-23-2008, 12:32 AM
I don't know if they're McCain's base as much as they are Huckabee's base, which is why it scares me whenever I see people here acting like Huckabee supporters are somehow our allies.

adara7537
08-23-2008, 12:36 AM
"and it didn't evolve in like bjillions of years" hahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!

Kludge
08-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Lollerpocalypse @ girl's response on evolution from asteroids.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
08-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Lollerpocalypse @ girl's response on evolution from asteroids.Hard to find that part funny. That's such a sick thing to do to a child's mind.

Kludge
08-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Hard to find that part funny. That's such a sick thing to do to a child's mind.

Well, that's why it was a lollerpocalypse instead of a roflbrothel or lollerskates.

Hiki
08-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Jesus fucking christ....

angelatc
08-23-2008, 07:19 AM
This war on CHristians is worse than the war on terror. You people should be ashamed.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Hard to find that part funny. That's such a sick thing to do to a child's mind.

So is "teaching" children that man is descended from apes or some kind of sea dwelling creature. The latter I had never heard before, but I was "educated" on that issue a few days ago from a video someone posted here. :rolleyes:

The verifiable science should be taught on both viewpoints. I have no problem with that. But theories should not be put forth as if they are FACTS. Because it is clear that the products of such "teaching" accept their government indoctrination as fact. After all, it IS the popular thing to believe and one must be in the "in" crowd. :rolleyes:

Monolithic
08-23-2008, 08:16 AM
So is "teaching" children that man is descended from apes or some kind of sea dwelling creature. The latter I had never heard before, but I was "educated" on that issue a few days ago from a video someone posted here. :rolleyes:

The verifiable science should be taught on both viewpoints. I have no problem with that. But theories should not be put forth as if they are FACTS. Because it is clear that the products of such "teaching" accept their government indoctrination as fact. After all, it IS the popular thing to believe and one must be in the "in" crowd. :rolleyes:

intelligent design isn't science

it's creationism by another name, and creationism is theology, and theology has no place in scientific areas and classes

Monolithic
08-23-2008, 08:18 AM
god that video just makes angry

fucking fundies

amy31416
08-23-2008, 08:26 AM

it's creationism by another name, and creationism is theology, and theology has no place in scientific areas and classes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQFf0qj9Nk

Andrew Ryan
08-23-2008, 08:48 AM
I liked the little touch of Family Guy there at the end.

Austin
08-23-2008, 08:54 AM
This war on CHristians is worse than the war on terror. You people should be ashamed.

Wow, yeah. Some of the comments aren't at all what I'd expect from a liberty lover...

Dieseler
08-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Satan loves all man made institutions.
His acceptance speech is going to be a hoot worldwide.

brandon
08-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Kade's going to have an aneurysm when he sees this.

Kraig
08-23-2008, 09:52 AM
This is just horrible. Adult's shouldn't teach children "facts" when they have no idea what they're talking about.

ARealConservative
08-23-2008, 10:29 AM

sorry but this is not an example of the war on Christianity.

When people subvert the rule of law to prevent prayer in school, that is an example of a war on Christianity.

This is free people pointing out idiocy.

Aratus
08-23-2008, 10:33 AM
i am thinking of Jurrasic Park for real, and baby cloned T-REXes & pet shops...
somehow the idea of a "herbivore" T-REX being a nice nifty family pet has its limits...

Theocrat
08-23-2008, 12:02 PM
The thread starter obviously has a problem with the view that T-Rexes were once plant-eaters, so allow me to explain this a little further from a creationist's persepctive. First, let me make this point: just because an animal has sharp teeth doesn't mean it is or was a meat-eater. There are many animals in the animal kingdom which eat solely plants, yet they have sharp teeth. Here are some examples to vindicate that:

Pandas, which eat bamboo
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/431830131_9b3cdddb77.jpg?v=0

Fruitbats which eat fruits, of course
http://www.oum.ox.ac.uk/thezone/animals/life/images/teeth14.jpg

Plant-eating monkeys
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/images/mammals/Apevsmonkey_OWmonkeys.jpg

So in light of this, it should not be difficult to understand how a creature with sharp teeth (such as a T-Rex) can also be a herbivore. Essentially, all of the animals God created were herbivores until man sinned. When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, death came about (Genesis 2:17; Romans 5:12), and that death extended to the animals because they were under subjection to man. As a matter of fact, God killed an animal to cover the nakedness and shame of Adam & Eve after they sinned, which has some profound implications about the nature of salvation and prophecy, but I won't go into those.

The point is once man sinned, death entered into the world, and animals began to kill each other for food. Before then, God had provided plants as living sustenance for both humans and animals (Genesis 1:29, 30). Since T-Rex was created on the sixth day of creation (as all land-dwelling animals were), then we know that he, too, was a plant-eating animal in the beginning. That is a creationist's perspective to explain the original diet of a T-Rex, and hopefully, it gives you some background to understanding why it was mentioned in the video by one of the tour guides.

DrRP08
08-23-2008, 12:06 PM
That's actually true, I remember watching the Discovery Channel and they said that T-Rex's were actually plant eaters as opposed to the old notion that they were carnivores.

Kade
08-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Creationist fundies. Talk to Theocrat.

Godfather89
08-23-2008, 01:26 PM

I agree, evolution is still a theory and it can be subjected to scrutiny if something new were to be discovered. I personally accept evolution however, that does not stop me from believing in God. But than again because I come from a deeper understanding of God perhaps that is why I am able to accept evolution.

LoL, because its popular it must be right. LoL the oldest logical fallacy out their to try and get anyone to join. Well I will be honest i see men like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris as well men that are fundamentalists of humanism instead of Christianity.

This war on Christians is worse than the war on terror. You people should be ashamed.

Both sides should be ashamed:

The Christian side should be ashamed for believing that the images of the Bible are purported as true. The Christians should be ashamed of allowing Fundamentalism and literalism to exist. The Christians should be ashamed that their not looking deeper into the roots of their tradition, to understand the spirit of the words that are written. Christians should be ashamed of the fact that they actually like the fact that Bush goes to a Christian Church and listens to preachers who work very hard to Establish a Christian Fundamentalist Theocracy in America... *Cough*... The 700 Club... *Coughs, Clears Throat*

I have repented, and as a gift of Repentance God has shown me that Divinity lies within me, not my body but my mind, the soul or spirit. God has shown me that to repent means to change the way you think about your actions.

The more Secular should be as equally ashamed as well. Attacking people they don't understand. If they once Christians themselves, than I am still ashamed not because, they had a change in beliefs but because, I am like 95% sure sure that they did not even bother looking into the history of Christianity AND going deeper into the tradition. I am also ashamed because, they represent humanism, you'd think that they'd be more humane in their treatment. I guess its just proof that even non-religious people, can be less than perfect, even when they shed religion from their lives. So let it be known its not the religion its the people, the society, its a vicious cycle of misinterpretation and misunderstanding.

Kludge
08-23-2008, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQFf0qj9Nk

:D

Haven't listened to that in ages.

Knightskye
08-23-2008, 06:00 PM

Worse? Really?

Could you describe how it's worse, and what the "war on Christians" is?

Monolithic
08-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Worse? Really?

just another myth made up by christians in the US who have a persecution complex

LibertyEagle
08-23-2008, 07:55 PM
LoL, because its popular it must be right. LoL the oldest logical fallacy out their to try and get anyone to join. Well I will be honest i see men like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris as well men that are fundamentalists of humanism instead of Christianity.

Perhaps you should go re-read what I said. You have misunderstood.

Knightskye
08-23-2008, 09:21 PM
That's actually true, I remember watching the Discovery Channel and they said that T-Rex's were actually plant eaters as opposed to the old notion that they were carnivores.

Tyrannosaurus [Gr.,=tyrant lizard], member of a family, Tyrannosauridae, of bipedal carnivorous saurischian dinosaurs

Unless you have footage from that Discovery Channel special that says they're herbivores. Which would put them at odds with an encyclopedia, but I'd still like to see it.

Thanks.

Kraig
08-23-2008, 10:29 PM
just another myth made up by christians in the US who have a persecution complex

Well the Bible teaches that persecution for your faith is a virtue so of course some of them are going to be seeking it out, especially when they can take the easy way out and label any form of disagreement as persecution and then go sign up on any internet message board.

Godfather89
08-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Perhaps you should go re-read what I said. You have misunderstood.

clarify... please... i still dont understand...

strapko
08-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Actually theo you are wrong on the sharp teeth part=D. If you notice those animals have fangs A) For defense B) To break through hard plants ex:bambo/nuts. Now, if we look at the T-rex, all his teeth are fang like spikes; the other animals you pointed out have the crushing teeth towards the end to chew =D.

On a side note. Wouldn't it be better to let the child learn for him self? Lets say to the age of puberty, then introduce him to the bible when one is able to reason? By teaching at such young age you basically enslave the child's mind.

ChooseLiberty
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Exactly. Sort of like saying Great White Sharks are herbivores.

Actually theo you are wrong on the sharp teeth part=D. If you notice those animals have fangs A) For defense B) To break through hard plants ex:bambo/nuts. Now, if we look at the T-rex, all his teeth are fang like spikes; the other animals you pointed out have the crushing teeth towards the end to chew =D.

EgwaTlvdatsi
08-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Can't we all just get along?

Unfortunately, I hate to say this, it would probably be in our best interest that we didn't get along.

Somewhere in the 300's AD, Romans began to be christianized, and Christians lived freely amongst the Romans. Roman emperor becomes christian, illegalizes the Roman religion.

Not long afterwards, same thing happened to the Hellenistic culture.

Then others...
Until all of Europe had been converted (I have yet to find any information if Odin is still worshipped, or even if any of the Celtic gods are still worshipped,etc, etc...).

But not only did it happen this way, even the Christians themselves 'mutated' their religion in order to 'convince' other cultures that they 'infact' worshipped 'god' but 'incorrectly'. Which of course could be seen in all the 'scientific' studies that these christians are doing now.

What little I remember from my methodist youth, we were taught that we should have an unfailing faith in god. Never have I heard that they needed 'proof' that god existed, they had faith. And this makes me wonder, if they have so much faith, then why do they need to prove it?

Now, I am not saying every Christian is like that, there are quite a few who are not forceful, but, however, there are a lot of them who are. I can't go many places without hearing someone say "God bless you!" when he shouldn't, considering, I don't believe in him in any way, shape, or form. However, I will never argue with them, they do have a right to their beliefs.

Anyway, I just think about the history that I've read and only find it interesting that no one brings up these things, nore is there many people who discuss their faith on the basis that they need no proof, such as video's showing that evolution does not exist.

As for T-rex being a vegitarian, eh, it's possible. After all, the only thing we have to study of them is bones that have turned basically to stone. Eh, they could have lived along beaches and ate only chocolate. They may have only ate fish on fridays, eh, we didn't live back then so we don't know. All we have is speculation, and that's what makes them so darn fascinating, if we find too much about them, and actually learn everything we can about them, well, then they are going to be boring. So eh, I guess, it's more fun imagining than it is proving.

devil21
08-24-2008, 02:56 AM

Ahhh....now I understand how many fundies have been brainwashed to unwaveringly support Israel. Same persecution complex.

Sorry but T-Rex did not eat veggies. Unless he had his own personal soybean field he would need much more protein than a bunch of tomatoes could supply.

coyote_sprit
08-24-2008, 03:22 AM
The thread starter obviously has a problem with the view that T-Rexes were once plant-eaters, so allow me to explain this a little further from a creationist's persepctive. First, let me make this point: just because an animal has sharp teeth doesn't mean it is or was a meat-eater. There are many animals in the animal kingdom which eat solely plants, yet they have sharp teeth. Here are some examples to vindicate that:

Pandas, which eat bamboo
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/431830131_9b3cdddb77.jpg?v=0

Fruitbats which eat fruits, of course
http://www.oum.ox.ac.uk/thezone/animals/life/images/teeth14.jpg

Plant-eating monkeys
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/images/mammals/Apevsmonkey_OWmonkeys.jpg

So in light of this, it should not be difficult to understand how a creature with sharp teeth (such as a T-Rex) can also be a herbivore. Essentially, all of the animals God created were herbivores until man sinned. When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, death came about (Genesis 2:17; Romans 5:12), and that death extended to the animals because they were under subjection to man. As a matter of fact, God killed an animal to cover the nakedness and shame of Adam & Eve after they sinned, which has some profound implications about the nature of salvation and prophecy, but I won't go into those.

The point is once man sinned, death entered into the world, and animals began to kill each other for food. Before then, God had provided plants as living sustenance for both humans and animals (Genesis 1:29, 30). Since T-Rex was created on the sixth day of creation (as all land-dwelling animals were), then we know that he, too, was a plant-eating animal in the beginning. That is a creationist's perspective to explain the original diet of a T-Rex, and hopefully, it gives you some background to understanding why it was mentioned in the video by one of the tour guides.
Lions
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e8/Panthera_leo_Kruger_Skull.jpg/744px-Panthera_leo_Kruger_Skull.jpg
Which eat meat of course
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/30/Male_Lion_and_Cub_Chitwa_South_Africa_Luca_Galuzzi _2004.JPG/800px-Male_Lion_and_Cub_Chitwa_South_Africa_Luca_Galuzzi _2004.JPG

Godfather89
08-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Worse? Really?

Perhaps I can explain. This person has persecution complex, however, as far as I could see Christians are most certainly not persecuted, they are treated unfairly by some, yes, however this is only in retaliation from the immaturity of christian fundies. Nonetheless it is certainly not persecuted at the same level as we unjustly attack Arabs.

Visibly I can see the War on Christianity is not so much on Christianity but God itself. Well known atheist figures have essentially gone on their own secular jihad to wipe out religiosity. While I am willing to help them up to a certain point, their are as I am 95% sure, parts they do not understand and war against that as well. I am here to state an important observance I have made:

If most Christians do not understand even their own tradition than how do you expect any other religion or even non-religion to understand it? This point is only amplified by the fact that must atheists today were once Christians. However, its not entirely their fault, the Church is weakening because all the practices and sacraments have become, in most places, all form and no substance. Their is also an extreme lack of people who are more aware of the contemplative and (m)esoteric path to any western religion. People have essentially traded the spirit of Christianity for a "get saved quick scheme" of Christianity.

We could get along if perhaps we knew ourselves, without our egos getting in the way.

Can't we all just get along?

Unfortunately, I hate to say this, it would probably be in our best interest that we didn't get along.

Somewhere in the 300's AD, Romans began to be christianized, and Christians lived freely amongst the Romans. Roman emperor becomes christian, illegalizes the Roman religion.

Not long afterwards, same thing happened to the Hellenistic culture.

Then others...
Until all of Europe had been converted (I have yet to find any information if Odin is still worshipped, or even if any of the Celtic gods are still worshipped,etc, etc...).

But not only did it happen this way, even the Christians themselves 'mutated' their religion in order to 'convince' other cultures that they 'infact' worshipped 'god' but 'incorrectly'. Which of course could be seen in all the 'scientific' studies that these christians are doing now.

What little I remember from my methodist youth, we were taught that we should have an unfailing faith in god. Never have I heard that they needed 'proof' that god existed, they had faith. And this makes me wonder, if they have so much faith, then why do they need to prove it?

Now, I am not saying every Christian is like that, there are quite a few who are not forceful, but, however, there are a lot of them who are. I can't go many places without hearing someone say "God bless you!" when he shouldn't, considering, I don't believe in him in any way, shape, or form. However, I will never argue with them, they do have a right to their beliefs.

Anyway, I just think about the history that I've read and only find it interesting that no one brings up these things, nor is there many people who discuss their faith on the basis that they need no proof, such as video's showing that evolution does not exist.

LoL, well you made a point. We shouldn't really "have to get along" in the sense that, one needs unwavering faith and hypocritically try to "prove" the creationists standpoint, with scientific data. However, what I would like to see is the Christian movement actually be intellectuals and be the antithesis to the Theory of Evolution. Not in the name of trying to find comfort from their insecure faith, but rather to help the scientific community get closer to our origins. I don't need creationism to help me better cope with the existence of God.

What I want to say is that, faith alone does not help. Its like a raft to travel across a river. It is a means to an end, must people Theists and Atheists alike think that Faith is the ends. Its not, faith is meant to represent commitment to God by your actions. So, what I would ask any fundamentalists is: Are you really being faithful by trying to Prove God's existence by a means that is meant to be used to understand the Physical universe? You see this is the problem with how majority of the human race views God. We think God is an entity, something bound by space and time, but if we think that than, we don't know what God is.

Faith than is a means to understand that which is not bound by time and space. Faith in God is meant to lead to the end of understanding what God is and "becoming partakers in the divine," the Greek word for this Theosis or Deification. If Grace is with you, than Gnosis, spiritual knowledge. Faith is only a means never an end.

However, the powers that be would only want you to be faithful in life without the spiritual works associated to it. The powers dont want you to be illuminated or having this knowledge of God, for if you do you will know with certainty what you must do. The beautiful thing about faith is that you carry it with you always, for you could always doubt what you have come to know.

Besides trying to prove God's "existence" is essentially not faith because, than you would "Know" supposedly. These creationists (To Me) are not really faithful, but suffering from doubt, they have lost track of what God is. This is why I and others are working to restore to the doubting "believers" a way to get back to God. I have said in this thread that people should follow the contemplative path by embracing the Bible as a Storybook, not the literal truth. Myths are powerful, myths while not actually true posses an underlining truth that is present in reality.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2008, 08:27 AM
clarify... please... i still dont understand...

When I was speaking to popularity, I was talking about Darwinism. Just like global warming, it has become the "in" belief and certainly is the accepted doctrine in schools. Social pressure right now seems to be for people to believe in globalism, global warming, darwinism, etc.

I'll just leave it at that.

Truth Warrior
08-24-2008, 08:45 AM
When I was speaking to popularity, I was talking about Darwinism. Just like global warming, it has become the "in" belief and certainly is the accepted doctrine in schools. Social pressure right now seems to be for people to believe in globalism, global warming, darwinism, etc.

I'll just leave it at that. ;) ..... atheism, UN idolatry worship, Marxism, NWO, etc., etc., etc. ad nauseum et infinitum. :p :rolleyes:

spudea
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
crocadiles love broccoli

http://www.exzooberance.com/virtual%20zoo/they%20swim/crocodile/Crocodile%20471006.jpg

http://www.aaskolnick.com/fieldmuseum/sue/trex.teeth.jpg

anyone that thinks T-Rex ate plants needs less Jesus and more shut the hell up

damien88
08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Fossils...lol

fatjohn
08-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Ashamed? Religion, stands next to patriotism and racism. The three things that caused the most blood spilling in humane history. So no thanx i'm gonna bash them just a little while longer.

Knightskye
08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
crocadiles love broccoli

http://www.exzooberance.com/virtual%20zoo/they%20swim/crocodile/Crocodile%20471006.jpg

Peas! Not Broccoli! Don't you see that pea by its front tooth? :D

Is that from one of those phony motivational posters? I noticed the black border.

Godfather89
08-24-2008, 10:27 PM

I'll just leave it at that.

Well, I was reading this book: America, Fascism + God and the guy who wrote the book seems to know about the Neo-Cons and the Christian Right trying to make America into a Theocracy. Interestingly enough he says that the Neo-Cons work to create a quick intellectual and cultural revolution that supports their views.

He than goes off to say that the Neo-Cons (like us) have enlisted people from both sides of the spectrum for their cause. He says that world renowned Atheist Christopher Hitchens aligned himself with them, as well as people like Pat Robertson. So essentially you end up with two popularized views: Religion is Full of Shit (The Anti-Thesis) or One Religion is the only way to be "saved!" However, the other paths like the contemplative path and others more spiritual and less dogmatic are never really given the time of day to be heard from.

The Point I want to make is that I agree with you about popularized things as being deceptive, serving not the purposes of freedom but rather of bondage or at the least misunderstanding.

However, now to come to the middle ground between what your stating and what I am stating. In all honesty when was the last time you have seen on a major news network any documentary on much more moderate or even liberal Christians, who read the bible metaphorically, who believe in Evolution, understand the purpose of and the use of reason? You Dont! Their are people out their... But you dont see them! Why? Because the media sensationalizes upon extremism. They love to popularize the extremes.

In a world such as ours, where profit is the main drive for everything and where people will go to the extremes to make that profit, do you think that perhaps everything that as been popularized as being "normal" really is "normal?" I say NO! I say that because, if you are in the news business you may sensationalize or even lie upon the reality of any given situation. The sensationalizing upon the conflict between religion and science certainly is no different, than sensationalizing upon who Britney Spears slept with last night!

This comes back to the fallacy that just because everyone believes it to be true does not on itself make it true.

Ashamed? Religion, stands next to patriotism and racism. The three things that caused the most blood spilling in humane history. So no thanx i'm gonna bash them just a little while longer.

Patriotism can be used for purposes that go against its original intent. In terms of Religion it is no different. The original intent upon religion was to empower people, make them aware of themselves and to treat people the way you want to be treated, and aspects of the better angels of our nature. So you want to bash Christians in general? No. You want to bash Christian Fundies / Literalists? Go for it. Fundies nor literalists represent the best of what ANY religion has to offer.

In fact read: "America, Fascism + God" and you will see that whether it be Islamic Fundamentalist or Christian Fundamentalists it makes no difference, they both have the same plan. The Spirit of Religion has been Exchanged for Egoistic Purposes, or aka forsaking the teachings of said religion for personal gain. The God these people serve is not GOD, its their own Ego. Blind men leading Blind people and unless people wake up to see they will all fall into a very deep ditch!

Mesogen
08-24-2008, 10:31 PM
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/pregastric/catpage.html

Cats are obligate carnivores, although pet cats consume a lot of plant material if they are fed dry cat food. None of the teeth of cats, including their molars, have grinding surfaces; they clearly evolved to eat "meat". Dogs also are carnivores, but do have grinding surfaces on their molar teeth.
CAT
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/pregastric/labcatlatman.jpg

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/pregastric/dogpage.html
DOG
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/pregastric/labdoglatman.jpg

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/pregastric/horsepage.html

Horses and zebras are obligate herbivores. They represent two surviving twigs from a luxuriant bush of equid evolutionary history. Studying the teeth of ancestral equids played a critical role in defining the history of this important group of animals, and contributed substantively to our understanding of evolution in general.
HORSE
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/pregastric/labhorlatman.jpg

Nanerbeet
08-25-2008, 02:56 PM

Just out of curiosity, would you consider a computer program to be part of evolution or intelligent design?

Andrew-Austin
08-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Glad I never bothered to look at this thread before now.

Mesogen
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, would you consider a computer program to be part of evolution or intelligent design?

Are you trying to say that there is a theory that proposes that computer programs were created by a supernatural being?

Nanerbeet
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Are you trying to say that there is a theory that proposes that computer programs were created by a supernatural being?

No.

I simply want to know why intelligent design contradicts evolution; if the computer program was created by an intelligent organism, yet the organism itself is the result of an evolutionary process, at what point do we go backwards through the evolution of the organism and say intelligence was not involved?

muzzled dogg
08-25-2008, 07:58 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3474/atheismdn3.jpg

Hiki
08-25-2008, 11:30 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3474/atheismdn3.jpg

http://migration.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/christianity.jpg

Godfather89
08-26-2008, 06:02 AM
LoL, both seem fucked up to me. However, I would like to clarify on Christianity and change that to Nicene Christianity. The definition from their on then suits it perfectly!

SWATH
08-26-2008, 09:02 AM
I might point out that fossilized T-Rex poo contains massive amounts of pulverized triceratops bone, triceratops being their main food staple.

Mesogen
08-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Also like to point out that it is not necessary to accept the Big Bang theory to be an atheist and that most christians accept the BB theory, equating it to "let there be light."