PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Morning News: Delegates' Voices

LibertyEagle
09-01-2007, 07:10 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/DN-delegatesbox_01tex.ART.State.Edition2.42227cf.html

– Dianne Edmondson, 65, of Denton, the Denton County GOP chairwoman

"It's not because they're not here. It's because they're not conservative." (speaking about those candidates who have chosen not to attend the straw poll).

– Cathie Adams, 57, of Dallas, on why many delegates are not supporting such GOP front-runners as Rudy Giuliani or Mitt Romney. Instead, Ms. Adams, head of the Texas Eagle Forum, is considering voting for Mr. Hunter or U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Lake Jackson.

MicroBalrog
09-01-2007, 07:25 AM
It will be a titanic, mind-blowing embarassment if we lose to Hunter or Huckabee.

quickmike
09-01-2007, 07:26 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/DN-delegatesbox_01tex.ART.State.Edition2.42227cf.html

– Dianne Edmondson, 65, of Denton, the Denton County GOP chairwoman

"It's not because they're not here. It's because they're not conservative." (speaking about those candidates who have chosen not to attend the straw poll).

– Cathie Adams, 57, of Dallas, on why many delegates are not supporting such GOP front-runners as Rudy Giuliani or Mitt Romney. Instead, Ms. Adams, head of the Texas Eagle Forum, is considering voting for Mr. Hunter or U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Lake Jackson.

Wow............ I hope there are alot of delegates down there that have as much sense as this lady has. Well, everything except the Mr. Hunter part obviously;)

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-01-2007, 08:14 AM
This one is odd:
"It's time to say, 'If you push us around, you'll pay for it.' ... I need a hero. I'm looking for a champion."

–Robin Dempsey, 59, of Palo Pinto County, a Vietnam veteran who is looking for a candidate to crack down on crime and child sexual abuse and will probably vote for Dr. Paul

He needs to be getting people elected to his state legislature to do that. But I'm not going to disabuse him of his support for Ron Paul.

quickmike
09-01-2007, 08:17 AM
This one is odd:

He needs to be getting people elected to his state legislature to do that. But I'm not going to disabuse him of his support for Ron Paul.

Yeah, that is sort of odd. Not really a negative thing, but maybe just a little misinformed about what the federal government should do about those things. Nonetheless, one more delegate voting for Ron.

quickmike
09-01-2007, 08:20 AM
I'd say this one is a Ron Paul vote without actually saying it directly.

–Caroline Bertuzzi of Corpus Christi, a GOP judicial candidate

"A lot of people are unhappy with Bush and the war, so it's hard to know how it'll turn out. Texas is a real strong Republican state. I'm hoping what happens here this weekend has an impact on what candidate is chosen."