PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Gold, Russia and our Economy

Rhys
08-22-2008, 01:33 PM
It seems to me that a war between Russia/Iran and the West are imminent. I don't think Putin is bluffing when he says he'll attack Europe and cut off their oil. This changes the game.

My thinking is this:

Russia attacks Poland. America Responds. USA/Europe loses it's Russian oil and the supplies diverted to China. Iran/Russia over run USA positions in Iraq. (We respond with nuke?)

USA/Europe loses all oil supplies from mid-east and caucuses as Arab states over run Israel. (respond with nuke?) Afgan pipeline gets taken by Russia.

Russia takes Alaska.

China takes Taiwan.

The West collapses and Heyek's Road to Serfdom gets played out. Small scale insurrections and police state.

Gold gets price fixed in the West but capitalism builds in China, and buyers available there, even though it will be illegal (like cuban cigars) here.

At this point I'm out of my league. I can't decide if gold is a liability in this political landscape. What's more, it may all get taken again by our government who needs it for the war.

jkr
08-22-2008, 01:45 PM
without souding naive, land, seeds, children, water

Rhys
08-22-2008, 02:04 PM
without souding naive, land, seeds, children, water

my only problem with that is.... radiation. Gold wont become radioactive, but it might get seized. Of course, if we're nuked, it can't get seized cause we'll be nuked.

freelance
08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Seized? We are SO screwed before we even get to that point...

I'm thinking passport, airline ticket, clothes on my back!