PDA

View Full Version : Help! many ask "is Paul going to be on the ballots"?

fedup100
08-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I have been on this forum from the beginning. I have tried to come here and keep up with the latest. I go to Daily Paul too, and I still do not know the plan as far as Paul and he being on the ballot for President.

If I can't figure it out, how can the average dissatisfied voter figure it out. Since he won't be nominated, does that mean he can only be a "write in" or can and did Paul buy ballot access in 50 States.

I have received numerous calls from friends and family that will not vote for the two puppets and I do not know the specific's of what to tell them. In fact, I do not know what to do myself.

Sorry in advance if I have missed this critical piece of information. The WND poll that showed 67% of those polled would not vote for the two puppets is an eye opener.

Kade
08-22-2008, 11:44 AM
You cannot and will not vote Ron Paul as president.

There are no electors for Ron Paul, so you cannot write him in either... not that it will count at least.

He will be on the ballot for VP potentially in Virginia... I don't know where that stands.

fedup100
08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks, that is the saddest news I have ever heard in my life. WE all do need to watch the movie Ghandi and follow the blue print!

Imperial
08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
He will not be on the ballot for VP in Virginia. That party is instead sticking Chuck Baldwin on their ballot.

They said they let speculation continue to get media attention.

Your best bet is to pick one of two liberty candidates for president that is a "major-minor party". Bob Barr, the Libertarian nominee, or Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party nominee.

Write-ins will probably not be counted in most states, and they will not count for anything even if Ron Paul won the popular vote.

ARealConservative
08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
You cannot and will not vote Ron Paul as president.

There are no electors for Ron Paul, so you cannot write him in either... not that it will count at least.

He will be on the ballot for VP potentially in Virginia... I don't know where that stands.

I read where Bloomberg will be asked to be removed. I wonder how that works, do they remove the ticket, or leave the president spot empty?

ARealConservative
08-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I have been on this forum from the beginning. I have tried to come here and keep up with the latest. I go to Daily Paul too, and I still do not know the plan as far as Paul and he being on the ballot for President.

If I can't figure it out, how can the average dissatisfied voter figure it out. Since he won't be nominated, does that mean he can only be a "write in" or can and did Paul buy ballot access in 50 States.

I have received numerous calls from friends and family that will not vote for the two puppets and I do not know the specific's of what to tell them. In fact, I do not know what to do myself.

Sorry in advance if I have missed this critical piece of information. The WND poll that showed 67% of those polled would not vote for the two puppets is an eye opener.

sadly, we are all flopping around this election. The best we can hope for is all the minors added together indicate a strong desire to move away from the interventionist platform of the big two.

the purpose of the CFL is to take back the GOP.

fedup100
08-22-2008, 12:01 PM
SO WHY THE BIG CONVENTION THINGY!!! :mad::mad:

Kade
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
I read where Bloomberg will be asked to be removed. I wonder how that works, do they remove the ticket, or leave the president spot empty?

The Indy Greens have very little in the way of hoops left to go through, to which, at that point, only Bloomberg himself could have his name removed, and then, only following an investigation by the Virginia State Board of Elections.

Bloomberg has been notified, According to Ben Smith, that he does not need to move a muscle, or say anything at all, and the party's nomination will be valid.

The Green Party in Virginia has ballot access... so as it stands, Bloomberg will be a presidential candidate in Virginia.

Alawn
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't understand the confusion. It is the same it always was. He has always said that he would not be running if he didn't get the Republican nomination. He will not be on the ballot in any state. And write ins will not count. They will be thrown in the trash because he didn't sign up as a write in candidate. I suggest telling people to vote for Barr if they don't want to vote for one of the two major parties.

Kade
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
However, I'm a bit lost at to what the Ron Paul people are saying about the Green Party of Virginia handing over the ticket to Baldwin... if that is true, I don't know the source yet.

ARealConservative
08-22-2008, 12:12 PM

to get media attention to the fact that the group of people not happy with the GOP but not interested in any form of Obamination either. We need to show that we are a large vocal group of ticked off citizens.

I'm sorry that some people thought we would make greater headway. Ron Paul wants to grow the GOP with liberty minded people, he was shocked how much success we had but he is still a realist, this will take some time.

It's too bad the Green Party couldn't of gotten someone more like a Kucinich, or whoever guys like Kade think are good leaders for the liberty movement. I'm not sure where he is leaning, but I imagine he has someone in mind other then Barr/Baldwin.

Kade
08-22-2008, 12:19 PM
It's too bad the Green Party couldn't of gotten someone more like a Kucinich, or whoever guys like Kade think are good leaders for the liberty movement. I'm not sure where he is leaning, but I imagine he has someone in mind other then Barr/Baldwin.

I don't have a horse, I don't know anyone that I agree with fully... I do like Lincoln Chafee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Chafee) though.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2008, 01:04 PM

TO LAUNCH THE CAMPAIGN FOR LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will also be activist training there for US. The more people who can get trained, the more effective we will be. This last time, while we did our best, most of us were like political neophytes running around with our heads cut off. Passionate... YES. Effective... NOT SO MUCH.

It is phase 2 of taking back our country. My understanding is that it is going to be activist-oriented. It will be officially launched at the Rally. No one is giving up here, fedup. When it was clear that we were not going to win the Presidential nomination, it was time to move to phase 2. That is what is happening now.

Don't give up.

acptulsa
08-22-2008, 01:13 PM

It was once called 'burrowing from within', and it is effective if you have the endurance to see it through.

fedup100
08-22-2008, 02:38 PM
I think the big push to become a delegate and then the detailed emails that came to us involving the delegate process coupled with all the talk Paul could still be nominated by this process gave all of us false hope and confusion.

Then I heard Dr. Paul himself on Alex Jones say he didn't want us to participate in the delegate process, it would be taking someone else's delegates!! That is when I lost it.

Back to square one!

Alawn
08-22-2008, 02:58 PM
I think the big push to become a delegate and then the detailed emails that came to us involving the delegate process coupled with all the talk Paul could still be nominated by this process gave all of us false hope and confusion.

Then I heard Dr. Paul himself on Alex Jones say he didn't want us to participate in the delegate process, it would be taking someone else's delegates!! That is when I lost it.

Back to square one!

He was always for getting as many Ron Paul delegates as possible. He just wasn't for delegates bound to vote for McCain voting for someone else before they were unbound.

westmich4paul
08-22-2008, 07:28 PM
So I guess the question is if we are trying to take back the GOP and return it to it's roots we really need a McCain loss in Nov. So with that being said we are then obligated to vote for Obama or a third Party Candidate. Since I just cannot vote for Obama I guess Barr is the only one left that even has a statistical chance. Not thrilled with it but if it means taking the Party back quicker then so it shall be.

Bradley in DC
08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
However, I'm a bit lost at to what the Ron Paul people are saying about the Green Party of Virginia handing over the ticket to Baldwin... if that is true, I don't know the source yet.

Richard Winger is the source.

Kade
08-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Richard Winger is the source.

Bloomberg is officially on the ballot in Virginia.

I don't know the electors yet...