PDA

View Full Version : On the ultimate resting place of the money

Imperial
08-21-2008, 09:27 PM
I intend to donate and take part in the LSP, but first I wanted to see what people thought of this suggestion.

Due to the wide variety of candidates and the existence of several viable Ron Paul Republicans, I fear that donating to only one in this event will do, as it is often said, put all of our eggs in one basket.

Now, if this is not as successful as hoped, I would ignore this. But, if there is a tidalwave of support, would it be possible that a greatly reduced dividend of the money be given to second place?

Of course the lion's share would go to the winner, rightly picked by the LSP. However, I think a smaller donation taken from the profits could help other campaigns as well.

Bryan
08-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks- that's great to hear. Sorry I missed this thread earlier. ?? Anyway, this is a good topic of discussion, and we certainly hope for the tidalwave of support and there is has been some consideration for it-- but it depends upon what one considers a tidalwave. Dr. Paul tells us that it takes about $1.5 million to win a seat, and the LSP is set to basically cap a payout at $700K.
See:
http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/candidates.html
http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/LSP.xls

Of course the opposite of "putting all of our eggs in one basket" is spreading yourself out too thin so that "1/2 of what it takes to win" was what was chosen figuring that that money would end up raising other money. There is also the possibility of a runner-up mini-money bomb that some are interested in.

Thanks- let me know what you think. :)

Imperial
08-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Ok, this actually looks like what I was thinking of.

Those links look very well; I apologize, I had thought all the money went solely to the winner. My money should be coming in in a couple weeks, as soon as I get my checks to mail it off.

Thanks for the response.

nayjevin
08-24-2008, 11:58 AM
I strongly support an 'open' moneybomb after the votes have been tallied... where everyone is encouraged to donate to whomever they wish, links are provided to do so, and the totals are tallied while the emcees generate excitement to donate more... that way everyone participating stands to generate support, given they can convince someone out there that they are worth donating to.