PDA

View Full Version : Victory for Liberty!!!!!!! We are Pulling Out of Iraq

mediahasyou
08-21-2008, 06:04 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2008/08/20/us_draft_pact_struck_on_us_forces_in_iraq/

mediahasyou
08-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Iraqi and U.S. negotiators have completed a draft security agreement that would see American troops leave Iraqi cities as soon as June 30 --

MRoCkEd
08-21-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.cursorpedia.com/cur/thumb/music_note4.jpg Take one out, pass it about, 99% of our troops in Iraq! http://www.cursorpedia.com/cur/thumb/music_note4.jpg

LibertyEagle
08-21-2008, 06:14 PM
They said they're pulling back. That's not the same as pulling out. Nothing to celebrate yet, as far as I can see.

fletcher
08-21-2008, 06:17 PM
We have 30 permanent bases in Iraq. We will never pull out.

constitutional
08-21-2008, 06:20 PM
That's an incomplete quote. Here's the full quote..

Iraqi and U.S. negotiators have completed a draft security agreement that would see American troops leave Iraqi cities as soon as June 30, ∞.

RSLudlum
08-21-2008, 06:20 PM
isn't it kinda funny to hear about this after the news came out that China is suppose to be finalizing an oil agreement with Iraq?

mediahasyou
08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
They said they're pulling back. That's not the same as pulling out. Nothing to celebrate yet, as far as I can see.
--

In addition to spelling out that U.S. troops would move out of Iraqi cities by next summer, the Iraqi government has pushed for a specific date -- most likely the end of 2011 -- by which ALL U.S. forces would depart the country.

However, I doubt our largest military base in the world will be abandoned.

UnReconstructed
subject to formal approval by President Bush

I remember when my unit came home from Afghan in Jan 2002. They told us to get ready for Iraq within the year. We were there in November.

Remember, we still have those bases there and that huge embassy. If they bring the majority of the troops home they will tell them to get ready for:_____________________. (you fill in the blank)

We'll be rotating through there just like Korea and Bosnia and Germany and Italy etc etc.

dannno
Well it's good we're planning on beginning to pull troops out... next year.... but the rest of the article didn't sound that great as far as the agreements and such..

mediahasyou
08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
The real question is what this will do to McCain. McCain's only issue the Iraq War isn't even going to be an issue. And luckily this has came before his nomination at the GOP Convention. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE]Quote:
In addition to spelling out that U.S. troops would move out of Iraqi cities by next summer, the Iraqi government has pushed for a specific date -- most likely the end of 2011 -- by which ALL U.S. forces would depart the country.

Three years is a very long time and as you said, they're not going to abandon that huge embassy. We don't pull out of countries completely.

mediahasyou
08-21-2008, 06:39 PM
The real question is what this will do to McCain. McCain's only issue the Iraq War isn't even going to be an issue. And luckily this has came before his nomination at the GOP Convention. :rolleyes:

The GOP should be pissed. Because the only reason conservatives moved away from Paul was the Iraq war. There is no Iraq War now. Paul is looking better than ever.