PDA

View Full Version : The Truth about Lew Moore and the RNC

Don
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Puzzle me this? How are we ever going to gain prominence in the Republican Party if people like Bradley are going to accuse anyone who works with or for the Republican Party of being a turncoat? I would suggest that my sources are more reliable than his.

Lew is my friend and one of the most honest people I know. His wife, Maureen, moved mountains as the Washington state coordinator for RP08. I have met with Lew. He went to the RNC unsolicited to argue to give the Ron Paul folks a voice and a stake in the process, and they agreed that they couldn't cede 10% of the base plus all of the new voters that Dr. Paul attracted.

To that end, they asked him to serve as a medium of communications between Paul supporters/delegates and the RNC. The RNC did ask for the list of all of our delegates, as any rational agent in their situation would, and we declined to do so. We did ask for a number of concessions from the RNC regarding our delegates and a number of other issues.

We believe that Lew has a constructive role to play and I have not for one second questioned his loyalty to Dr. Paul or his ideals. That said, he is a long-time republican activist and he does value his relationship with the party, which I respect even if it sometimes leads to heated but respectful disagreements between us.

Bottom line - This is a sign of progress and respect from the party, i.e. exactly what we want.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
THANK YOU, Don! :)

JoshLowry
08-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Every road has it's bumps.

Every forum has it's drama.

Onward and forward! :)

LibertyEagle
08-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Onward and forward! :)

Isn't it, onward and UPWARD? :p

Cowlesy
08-21-2008, 12:22 PM
All we care about are results.

Git'r done C4L.

Indy Vidual
Onward, Forward, and Upward!

Melissa
Thanks Don are you getting excited we are just about to only be a week left till the rally

Sandra
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks Don!

Sandra
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
bump!

revolutionary8
08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Thank you Don, much appreciated! :)

FECwatcher
08-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Don Rasmussen, Lew Moore, his wife, his brother, ETC. have made a fortune off of Ron Paul and the Revolutionaries.

raystone
08-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Any chance of Lew Moore negotiating a speaking slot for Ron at the GOP Convention (without a McCain endorsement)

Don
08-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Don Rasmussen, Lew Moore, his wife, his brother, ETC. have made a fortune off of Ron Paul and the Revolutionaries.

So what is your argument exactly? That we were paid to do the jobs that we spent years in college and working in politics to obtain? I plead guilty.

Don
08-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Any chance of Lew Moore negotiating a speaking slot for Ron at the GOP Convention (without a McCain endorsement)

It was part of the negotiations, but was rejected by the RNC.

acptulsa
08-21-2008, 01:24 PM
So what is your argument exactly? That we were paid to do the jobs that we spent years in college and working in politics to obtain? I plead guilty.

I think he was implying that they used those jobs as springboards to other jobs afterward, but I might have read it wrong. If so, I hope you wind up as guilty of that after this gig ends.

revolutionary8
08-21-2008, 01:26 PM

Who the heck are you to say that, and where is your proof?
Define "fortune"
Moreover, what is wrong with making money? Who better deserves $ than Ron Paul people? We need MORE $, and placing a guilt trip on $ makers is not how to make more $ for our cause. I am sure Lew has donated some of that "fortune" to our causes. ;) Sweat, blood and tears too.

JK/SEA
08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Puzzle me this? How are we ever going to gain prominence in the Republican Party if people like Bradley are going to accuse anyone who works with or for the Republican Party of being a turncoat? I would suggest that my sources are more reliable than his.

Lew is my friend and one of the most honest people I know. His wife, Maureen, moved mountains as the Washington state coordinator for RP08. I have met with Lew. He went to the RNC unsolicited to argue to give the Ron Paul folks a voice and a stake in the process, and they agreed that they couldn't cede 10% of the base plus all of the new voters that Dr. Paul attracted.

To that end, they asked him to serve as a medium of communications between Paul supporters/delegates and the RNC. The RNC did ask for the list of all of our delegates, as any rational agent in their situation would, and we declined to do so. We did ask for a number of concessions from the RNC regarding our delegates and a number of other issues.

We believe that Lew has a constructive role to play and I have not for one second questioned his loyalty to Dr. Paul or his ideals. That said, he is a long-time republican activist and he does value his relationship with the party, which I respect even if it sometimes leads to heated but respectful disagreements between us.

Bottom line - This is a sign of progress and respect from the party, i.e. exactly what we want.

Thankyou Don. Could you explain the 'bottomline' remark? because as a 'former' State Delegate for Ron Paul in Washington State, i felt like i was tossed into a cesspool of excremant from the most vile and evil people on the face of the earth, and then to sit there and listen to Lew's speech and hear him say he endorses John McCain and the State Platform, caused me to leave the convention early in disgust, and go home, AND especially after the way the 'leadership' of this so-called wonderful republican party you embrace so dearly shut the door on the Ron Paul delegates. and WORSE... So much for letting the chips fall where they may, which is the 'american' thing to do..oops, my mistake in thinking this current crop of republican leadership had a conscience, and truly cared for anything good in this movement.

Or am i missing something in the current Republican message?

The only message i got was party before country. Kneel and kiss my ring. Is that how it is?

Yes, i'm still pissed, and now it appears i will be a Republican PCO. Stay tuned.

Sorry if i don't follow your logic concerning Lew Moore, OR your take on the relationship between Ron Paul and your buddies in the CURRENT RNC.

Thankyou.

nate895
08-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Does anyone else understand that the party elite (not the average Republican) hate us and will never, ever, not in a million trillion years, be our friends and they will continue to bash us?

The average Republican hates the party these days as much as ourselves, and if we are going to take over the party (which I find highly unlikely at this point) we will have to bash these neocon, globalist, jerks in the RNC. I keep seeing people trying to be friends with these people, but that is no way to take over a party, especially when they know you are trying to take over the party.

Don
08-21-2008, 01:32 PM
I think he was implying that they used those jobs as springboards to other jobs afterward, but I might have read it wrong. If so, I hope you wind up as guilty of that after this gig ends.

Ha! I used it as a springboard into 3 months of unemployment after I didn't get hired by Dino Rossi. He doesn't even get the numbers right. All of our expenses (in my case hotel rooms and rental vans for all of the debates plus the months spent on the road) are listed as income on the FEC reports (FEC doesn't distinguish between a paycheck and a reimbursement check. Lew was putting radio and print buys on his. His brother was the other advance man, same situation as me.

We actually had the lowest payroll (as a percentage of income) of any Republican candidate's staff. None of us did this for money, obviously we have to eat and pay our bills, but you don't do this if you don't love it and believe deeply in what you are doing.

You guys have gotten to know me a little on these forums, I'll leave it for you to decide.

Don
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM

Sorry if i don't follow your logic concerning Lew Moore, OR your take on the relationship between Ron Paul and your buddies in the CURRENT RNC.

Thankyou.

The party needs new management. That's why you were treated that way. I have addressed that issue as eloquently as I can manage on the "Ask Me" thread. How exactly are you thinking we are going to build a new majority in the party if it doesn't include some people who support McCain? Are you ready to abandon everyone that supported Ron in the primaries, but is supporting McCain now that Ron is out of the race?

JK/SEA
08-21-2008, 01:50 PM
The party needs new management. That's why you were treated that way. I have addressed that issue as eloquently as I can manage on the "Ask Me" thread. How exactly are you thinking we are going to build a new majority in the party if it doesn't include some people who support McCain? Are you ready to abandon everyone that supported Ron in the primaries, but is supporting McCain now that Ron is out of the race?

Damn right.

Take a look around you. We are facing some desperate times, and when people get desperate enough, you can believe that there will be people who don't normally get involved like myself, in this process, to TRY and affect REAL change, will be getting involved, one way or the other.

Frankly, from the way things are going, i think its almost too late, but i have to try if not for my kids.

fyi..i'm a 57 year old male, married 37 years, and has voted dem until Ron Paul came along.

Don
08-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Damn right.

Take a look around you. We are facing some desperate times, and when people get desperate enough, you can believe hat there will be people who don't normally get involved like myself, in this process, to TRY and affect REAL change, will be getting involved, one way or the other.

Frankly, from the way things are going, i think its almost too late, but i have to try if not for my kids.

fyi..i'm a 57 year old male, married 37 years, and has voted dem until Ron Paul came along.

I respect your opinion and your service to our cause, but we must agree to disagree. Dr. Paul has clearly states our goals and strategy, you can't build a majority and affect change with only 100%ers. Just ask the LP.

micahnelson
08-21-2008, 02:01 PM
I like the fact that there is dialogue between party insiders and people representing our interests.

Correct me if I am wrong, the Republican party is interested in power- negative connotations aside. They are looking to get elected. To this end, they are looking to see what Ron Paul did that they have not done. They ask, as was oft asked in the debates "Why do people like you, Dr. Paul?"

My question is this- when they find out that we want the government to cede power back to the people- will they be willing to jump on board? Is their goal to win elections if that means they must limit government? We are asking them to behave as the founders did- to fight and win control of the country and then give it to the people. Can we expect them to accept such terms? What would be in it for them?

I don't disagree with the goal of transforming a party, I just want to know what we offer them in return. We take away the lobbyists, the donations, the massive ego massage, and offer them... what?

acptulsa
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
We take away the lobbyists, the donations, the massive ego massage, and offer them... what?

Nothing but victory and a chance to make history.

JK/SEA
08-21-2008, 02:10 PM
I respect your opinion and your service to our cause, but we must agree to disagree. Dr. Paul has clearly states our goals and strategy, you can't build a majority and affect change with only 100%ers. Just ask the LP.

really?

So, we go from beating our brains in for Ron Paul, now i'm supposed to support John McCain just so we can take over the party then insert Ron Paul Patriots into leadership roles?...i think i'm getting sick...

I may have to reconsider my role in this movement now.

Thankyou for alerting me to this. I see now why people don't want to get involved in politics. Integrity is just a word.

And by the way, when do you think Ron Paul will come out and endorse McCain?

acptulsa
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
So, we go from beating our brains in for Ron Paul, now i'm supposed to support John McCain just so...

Stop the bus. Where did Don say this?

Give the man a break. The CFL is trying to keep lines of communication open with the RNC, and can't badmouth them (amazing how sensitive they are considering how brutal some of them appear to be). So I'll say it. I sure as hell hope we don't have to support McCain to gain major influence in this party, both because I think that would cause us to fail and because I think it would cause our would-be allies to wonder if we have the strength of conviction we claim to have.

JK/SEA
08-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Stop the bus. Where did Don say this?

Give the man a break. The CFL is trying to keep lines of communication open with the RNC, and can't badmouth them (amazing how sensitive they are considering how brutal some of them appear to be). So I'll say it. I sure as hell hope we don't have to support McCain to gain major influence in this party, both because I think that would cause us to fail and because I think it would cause our would-be allies to wonder if we have the strength of conviction we claim to have.

Keep the lines of communication open with the RNC? why? and are you kidding me?

put me down as a true idealist i guess, but i don't see where that gets this movement anywhere especially after all we've been through with this CURRENT RNC.

OK, i'll shut up now.

revolutionary8
08-21-2008, 02:25 PM
really?

So, we go from beating our brains in for Ron Paul, now i'm supposed to support John McCain just so we can take over the party then insert Ron Paul Patriots into leadership roles?...i think i'm getting sick...

Thankyou for alerting me to this. I see now why people don't want to get involved in politics. Integrity is just a word.

Why associate "supporting McCain" with trying to rescue the Republican Party from certain destruction? We are supporting our Republican Party ideals so by default, there is no way we can support McCain.

Bradley in DC
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Don, Don, Don, when will you learn...

I don't have any specifics on this specific topic, but by general background I will add that the OP has consistently demonstrated herself as intelligent, politically experienced, dedicated to Dr. Paul and well-connected to his inner circle.

I will also add that the Congressional office (and confirmed by at least a few at Lake Jackson) pretty much always believed that Lew Moore aimed to hurt Dr. Paul's good name. Those loyal to Moore...

What exactly do you think I'm saying my "sources" for "not having any specifics" are? I did--and do--confirm acainfonet has had access to Dr. Paul and his inner circle from before you were born and proven herself to be dedicated to him and our ideals. I will also confirm that one of her sources was Dr. Paul's Congressional office and that it's characterization of Lew Moore is the opposite of yours.

If you want to repeat in public here what you spread about me behind my back, let's clear the air.

acptulsa
08-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Keep the lines of communication open with the RNC? why? and are you kidding me?

put me down as a true idealist i guess, but i don't see where that gets this movement anywhere especially after all we've been through with this CURRENT RNC.

OK, i'll shut up now.

There are candidates who get money from them to campaign for ideals shared by us. They have exploited us repeatedly. Now we are exploiting their desire to win and keep winning. Why wouldn't we?

constituent
08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
just so we can take over the party then insert Ron Paul Patriots into leadership roles?

leaders and leadership roles are the problem. even if "ron paul patriots" make their way into the upper-echelons of party power, don't expect anything/one to change (?) but them.

real change begins with you in your community, amongst your friends and family. the mundane, partisan undertakings and self-congratula(promo)tions of wonky social climbers, little dictators and career hacks are irrelevant.

lew moore is in cahoots with the republican establishment? big f*n deal.

he's a republican, just what'd you expect?

constituent
08-21-2008, 02:50 PM
They .... exploited us repeatedly. Now we are exploiting their desire....

on that point i'm not so certain.

JK/SEA
08-21-2008, 02:57 PM
lew moore is in cahoots with the republican establishment? big f*n deal.

he's a republican, just what'd you expect?

Define 'republican'..

I consider myself a republican, but ironically the presumptive nominee says he is one too. Is this the real Lew Moore? the one who supports JM? or is the real Lew Moore just pretending to support JM? and has aspirations to be the leader of the new republican party after the Ron Paul grassroots cleans house in a few years? and returns the party to its original platform of small government, and constitutional ideals?...Lew, who are you?

revolutionary8
08-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Bradley, you need to stop vouching for people, you are harming their credibility in some people's eyes.

My apologies to acainfonet as I now understand better her position.

Please give us the translation of "opposite of yours" Bradley.
Let's hope those in Dr. Paul's Congressional office are privy to your "disclosure".

All I have seen over the months is you becoming a pimp for the LP and Bob Barr who ran against Ron Paul and then, you have problems with Lew who is actually working with Ron Paul's Party and MY party. It doesn't jive with me. At all.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2008, 03:17 PM

When hell freezes over and not a second before. ;)

surf
08-21-2008, 03:19 PM
there seems to be a lot of anger coming from my home state. it's very understandable, and i get the feeling that most of us in Washington State put in a lot of effort and have much hope (libertarians have done 'well' here).

The Rs have given up on this state for the Presidential, but have a shot at the Governor's mansion. they trail now, and i think the RPers are an important group of voters this year. We expect a lot and most of us will not give up a little liberty for a little safety. We have generally been treated like crap (there was a flyer on the State Convention seats reading something like "Ron Paul's a racist..."). They walked out on our convention, called folks names at district and council conventions, same as many other states, i know....

Hence, we are pissed at the Rs, and will vote liberty above all else. Lew could exert influence on the R Governor candidate's positions (drug war, federal mandates, wiping out dumbass regulation, etc.)

In Washington, we don't need to join them, they need to join us. We need to work for liberty

LibertyEagle
08-21-2008, 03:28 PM
I will also confirm that one of her sources was Dr. Paul's Congressional office and that it's characterization of Lew Moore is the opposite of yours.

Bradley, with all due respect --- WHO CARES? The important part of this seems to be getting lost. If ANYONE, including Lew, asks to see the RP delegate lists, tell them NO.

Lew Moore is not associated with the C4L, so why are dissecting whether he is or is not a great person? I mean, don't we have a few more important things to do than to bash Lew or to attempt to cast doubt on people who DO work for the C4L?

Our country is dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Focus on THAT and get trained if you can get there at the C4L Rally, so we can all do our best at combating the enemy. It is NOT Ron Paul and his C4L! EXPLETIVE!!! If we can't get past tearing apart our OWN people, how on God's green earth are we going to be successful at taking back our country? EXPLETIVE, EXPLETIVE, EXPLETIVE!!!

FOCUS, people! PLEASE.

I swear, if I see one more post whining about the campaign or complaining about who is or is not working for the C4L, I think I'm going to THROW UP!

Regnad Kcin
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
there is no evidence at all that he has done that

was the "Lew Moore" post in the DP a scam?

RP4EVER
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Anyone that doesnt think the Republican party is worth the time to save or that its to much trouble needs a history lesson.

Theodore Roosevelt tried to establish a third party; it worked well until he hit the major problem of third parties...many people will always vote R or D regardless of who the candidate is; unless we can completely destroy the Republican Party we must take it from the inside out or the movement will not survive.

For more information on Roosevelt and his third party flop; and why the Socalist Party never went past what the did'; I recommend reading Four Hats in the Ring by Lewis L Gould.

torchbearer
08-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Anyone that doesnt think the Republican party is worth the time to save or that its to much trouble needs a history lesson.

Theodore Roosevelt tried to establish a third party; it worked well until he hit the major problem of third parties...many people will always vote R or D regardless of who the candidate is; unless we can completely destroy the Republican Party we must take it from the inside out or the movement will not survive.

For more information on Roosevelt and his third party flop; and why the Socalist Party never went past what the did'; I recommend reading Four Hats in the Ring by Lewis L Gould.

the Republican Party was a successful third party that took over the whigs as the second biggest party.

nate895
08-21-2008, 04:01 PM

The difference with that party was that its sole purpose was to elect Teddy Roosevelt. Personally, I think we have no other option. I am 95% certain that we will not be able to retake the GOP.

torchbearer
08-21-2008, 04:04 PM
The difference with that party was that its sole purpose was to elect Teddy Roosevelt. Personally, I think we have no other option. I am 95% certain that we will not be able to retake the GOP.

We can take it, just depends on what you are willing to do to take the ship back.

KenInMontiMN
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Anyone here on any level that endorses McCain is entitled to their opinion and their endorsement but I have to believe well over 90% of us would stand together to insist they have nothing to do with CFL leadership, and vice-versa, from that point onward. There really is absolutely no room to bend on that.

The CFL could never deliver the Paul ~10% to the RNC and McCain even if they wanted to. Many of us will support good GOP candidates for other offices, but by-and-large its a firm no way, no how in this presidential election.

BigFatRock
08-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Oy vey. We're in trouble if we're fracturing over stuff like this already.

torchbearer
08-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Oy vey. We're in trouble if we're fracturing over stuff like this already.

just a reminder- people will always have disagreements.
Some people can work through them, some people can't.

Bradley in DC
08-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Bradley, with all due respect --- WHO CARES? The important part of this seems to be getting lost. If ANYONE, including Lew, asks to see the RP delegate lists, tell them NO.

Lew Moore is not associated with the C4L, so why are dissecting whether he is or is not a great person? I mean, don't we have a few more important things to do than to bash Lew or to attempt to cast doubt on people who DO work for the C4L?

As far as I can tell, you are the one talking about the C4L, not I.

I stood by the character of acainfonet who said Lew Moore was trying to get our delegate info to benefit McCain, which has been confirmed. The OP brought me into this. I responded.

Your advice on the delegate lists is sound. Too bad you aren't following your own advice limiting the thread discussion.

nate895
08-21-2008, 04:49 PM
We can take it, just depends on what you are willing to do to take the ship back.

That means attacking the party leadership every step of the way. Not "opening lines of communication," unless of course the lines of communication are rings of spies in the RNC. Trying to be friends with them is only self-destructive.

torchbearer
08-21-2008, 04:54 PM
That means attacking the party leadership every step of the way. Not "opening lines of communication," unless of course the lines of communication are rings of spies in the RNC. Trying to be friends with them is only self-destructive.

There is more than one way to skin a coon.

I know most of these people you have learned to hate.
most of them are just souless pawns with no purpose but to seek power.
But some are just humans trying to figure out what is the right way to be.. and some are choosing wrong.. and should be allowed redemption.

Also- most of the these people would willingly be trumpeting our policies if we were at the helm. They are sheep. They need new shepards.
We can't replace the entire infrastructure. We will need to take on people into our fold who are our former foes.

You must come to terms with this if we are to succeed.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2008, 04:57 PM
As far as I can tell, you are the one talking about the C4L, not I.
Oh really? Don't EVEN try to go there with me, Bradley. We both know better.

I stood by the character of acainfonet who said Lew Moore was trying to get our delegate info to benefit McCain, which has been confirmed. The OP brought me into this. I responded.
I understand that. Acainfonet has more than proven herself to this cause.

Your advice on the delegate lists is sound.
Thank you, Bradley, but I wasn't needing your confirmation here.

Too bad you aren't following your own advice limiting the thread discussion.
I said nothing about "limiting the thread discussion".

nate895
08-21-2008, 04:58 PM
There is more than one way to skin a coon.

I know most of these people you have learned to hate.
most of them are just souless pawns with no purpose but to seek power.
But some are just humans trying to figure out what is the right way to be.. and some are choosing wrong.. and should be allowed redemption.

Also- most of the these people would willingly be trumpeting our policies if we were at the helm. They are sheep. They need new shepards.
We can't replace the entire infrastructure. We will need to take on people into our fold who are our former foes.

You must come to terms with this if we are to succeed.

I am talking about the leadership, not average Republicans. The leadership in the GOP hates our guts, and will until the die the last one of them dies. The average Republican hates their leadership just as much as we do. If we get out the message that we are the true conservative alternatives and the leadership is nothing but a bunch of big government liberals masquerading as conservatives because the Dems are socialist these days, not just liberals.

Sandra
08-21-2008, 05:05 PM
When a discussion goes to the delegate situation, do you guys notice that posters that rarely post (lately) will chime in suddenly? And they always back a pessimistic view of the delegate process or propagate ideas contrary to anything that might benefit the conversion of delegates? :confused:

speciallyblend
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM

no worries,but i would have to say the gop/republican party folks, have already burnt their bridges. The idea i would even think of voting for a mccain supporter aka any republican running who aligns themselves with mccain.. The gop should of thought about this a lil earlier before they silenced ron paul and marginalized our message and broke rules in many conventions!!!!!!!

GOP will figure out BLOWBACK, one way or another;)

PS DON i have about -200% respect for the gop and about -2000% for the colorado gop........

Of course i would be willing to rebuild those bridges ,once i hear the gop convention nominates Ron Paul as the nominee;)

Sandra
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I am talking about the leadership, not average Republicans. The leadership in the GOP hates our guts, and will until the die the last one of them dies. The average Republican hates their leadership just as much as we do. If we get out the message that we are the true conservative alternatives and the leadership is nothing but a bunch of big government liberals masquerading as conservatives because the Dems are socialist these days, not just liberals.

The leadership is rotting in the pod. Most GOP senators will skip the RNC for fear of association.

speciallyblend
08-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Anyone here on any level that endorses McCain is entitled to their opinion and their endorsement but I have to believe well over 90% of us would stand together to insist they have nothing to do with CFL leadership, and vice-versa, from that point onward. There really is absolutely no room to bend on that.

The CFL could never deliver the Paul ~10% to the RNC and McCain even if they wanted to. Many of us will support good GOP candidates for other offices, but by-and-large its a firm no way, no how in this presidential election.

even if ron paul asked me to vote for mccain. I would gasp and say he sold out, the gop really has screwed up and it is a lil to late for them.
I guess it will now be my/our fault that they will lose, and i/we will gladly take all the blame;) the gop is insane:eek:

i will never forget the actions of the gop!!!!

LibertyEagle
08-21-2008, 05:19 PM
We HAVE TO build bridges with the GOP, if we're going to be successful at taking it back. We need to convince a lot of those people too. Don't you get it? It's not like the RP 2% is going to be able to just swoop in there and take it over.

nate895
08-21-2008, 05:22 PM
We HAVE TO build bridges with the GOP, if we're going to be successful at taking it back. We need to convince a lot of those people too. Don't you get it? It's not like the RP 2% is going to be able to just swoop in there and take it over.

I'm talking about the leadership, not Joe Republican from Anytown, USA. The leadership hates us with a passion, we saw that at the conventions.

speciallyblend
08-21-2008, 05:23 PM

well i have built bridges for almost 1-2 yrs and i am pretty much out of raw materials ,since the gop blew up every bridge we have been building..... I would say if the gop wants to build bridges they have about 2 weeks to nominate Ron Paul, the line has been drawn in the sand!!!)

i suggest you call the gop;)

o yeah i know life long republicans in colorado that are gonna let the gop sink like a rock,because of their/gop actions

JK/SEA
08-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Building bridges with GOP leadership? you mean these guys?

http://www.gop.com/About/PartyLeadership.htm

nate895
08-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Building bridges with GOP leadership? you mean these guys?

http://www.gop.com/About/PartyLeadership.htm

Thinking you can build bridges with that group is like thinking you can use a battering to ram a tank to submission.

UtahApocalypse
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
'You are either with us or against us' - G. W. Bush

Is that really the attitude that some of you want to take? Well then please step out of the way so those that want to make this work can without your ridiculous assertions.

nate895
08-21-2008, 05:38 PM
'You are either with us or against us' - G. W. Bush

Is that really the attitude that some of you want to take? Well then please step out of the way so those that want to make this work can without your ridiculous assertions.

I am only saying that the GOP leadership is opposed to us, and hates our guts, not that the average Republican is either "with us, or against us."

revolutionary8
08-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Lew Moore was trying to get our delegate info to benefit McCain, which has been confirmed.

Where and when has this been confirmed? The only thing that has been confirmed is that the RNC requested a list of our delegates and the request was denied.

once again:

To that end, they asked him to serve as a medium of communications between Paul supporters/delegates and the RNC. The RNC did ask for the list of all of our delegates, as any rational agent in their situation would, and we declined to do so.The RNC did ask for the list of all of our delegates, as any rational agent in their situation would, and we declined to do so.
Now, show us the proof that Lew was trying to get our delegate info. in order to benefit McCain. Until I see that proof for myself, I am not going to call for quartering just yet.

Regnad Kcin (dangeR nicK) wrote:

lew moore said he had contacted the delegates
there is no evidence at all that he has done that

was the "Lew Moore" post in the DP a scam?
hmmmmmmmm.........

Kludge
08-21-2008, 05:41 PM
This thread is epically retarded. I'd link an image of the failboat, but there's no chance it would even display properly.

Bradley and Lew Moore are both great assets to our movement.

Cowlesy
08-21-2008, 05:44 PM
This thread is epically retarded. I'd link an image of the failboat, but there's no chance it would even display properly.

Bradley and Lew Moore are both great assets to our movement.

Best post of the day right there.

I agree, we're just vulching at our own bones on this one.

By the way, those of you who are members here and holding your own debates in this thread, PMs are your friend.

For the rest of us....

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/SaneMadness/Failboat.jpg

Sandra
08-21-2008, 06:24 PM
best post of the day right there.

By the way, those of you who are members here and holding your own debates in this thread, pms are your friend.

For the rest of us....

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/sanemadness/failboat.jpg

i cry foul!

That boat"s supposed to sail that way!!!!

JK/SEA
08-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Best post of the day right there.

By the way, those of you who are members here and holding your own debates in this thread, PMs are your friend.

For the rest of us....

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/SaneMadness/Failboat.jpg

Well, i suppose you're right.

Golly, it's just that...well...i get tired of the lies, the scamming, and betrayel, and phony attitudes in this entire ordeal with this election cycle.

Ahhh well, time to get in line.

Don
08-21-2008, 07:30 PM
really?

No one's asking you to endorse McCain, I sure would never vote or support him, and neither would Dr. Paul. However, there are some great candidates down ticket that I can support without compromising my principles.

james1844
08-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Guys, if I'm understanding the course of events in this thread, it seems to me that Bradley in DC was not accusing anyone of anything.

Sandra
08-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Guys, if I'm understanding the course of events in this thread, it seems to me that Bradley in DC was not accusing anyone of anything.

He was "vouching" for someone that did and added some extra "weight" to the mix by claiming he also has inside info backing up the claim.

The OP has since apologized for the error and Bradley is still defending HIS error.

Matt Davidson
08-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I just wish people in the CFL would realize that there is a lot of mistrust and bad blood between the grassroots and former campaign staff. We can move on, but it's going to take both sides doing better than what I see here in this thread to accomplish anything positive.

No we don't need the forms to be dominated by the CFL staff defending themselves against charges from the grassroots...

No we don't need the grassroots constantly bombarding the CFL staff with charges of abuse...

No we don't need the CFL staff to be guilty in any way of anything that could be construed as abuse...

I really wish we could move on, but it's going to take the CFL staff earning the respect of the grassroots in order to accomplish that. The staff (with the exception of a few) is not known among the grassroots as very hardworking or talented. I think you all have to prove us wrong by showing that this is not the case. This can be accomplished by showing us that you have a concrete plan in action to help us win over the minds of the American people before the elections in 2012. If you don't have that plan, you should be willing to listen to plans from the grassroots and execute them. If you're not willing to do this, then we all fail miserably. I fear this outcome, and you should too. If you don't, then you should find a new line of work because you will not be driven to succeed without the realization of where we are as a nation and the fear of what is to come.

In my opinion, the grassroots should continue to keep the staff honest, but we should not cause a public spectacle... it only divides us further. If you're at the point that you think you have to call someone out in public, please hang on to that until we give the CFL staff a chance to prove themselves. Instead please work on your plan to win over the minds of the American people before the next elections. Please think constructive thoughts!

Matt

libertarian4321
08-21-2008, 07:52 PM
How exactly are you thinking we are going to build a new majority in the party if it doesn't include some people who support McCain? Are you ready to abandon everyone that supported Ron in the primaries, but is supporting McCain now that Ron is out of the race?

How many Ron Paul supporters are giving even token support to a guy like McWar?

I've spent nearly 30 years supporting and campaigning for the Republican Party, but there's nothing left.

McCain won't get my vote. I won't spend a minute working for him, and most importantly, neither McCain nor the RNC is getting a penny from me this election or anytime in the future, unless there are RADICAL changes (fat chance of that happening).

John McCain and the RNC can kiss my a$$!

tonesforjonesbones
08-21-2008, 08:11 PM
After the way the Republican Party treated Ron Paul every single Ron Paul supporter should have walked out of the party. Now THAT would have made a heck of a statement. I went to the LP. The party leaders don't want the Ron Paul people and it appears that a lot of the Ron Paul people merely became absorbed by the GOP. I am not going back to the GOP until all the neo cons are purged. tones

Sandra
08-21-2008, 08:26 PM
After the way the Republican Party treated Ron Paul every single Ron Paul supporter should have walked out of the party. Now THAT would have made a heck of a statement. I went to the LP. The party leaders don't want the Ron Paul people and it appears that a lot of the Ron Paul people merely became absorbed by the GOP. I am not going back to the GOP until all the neo cons are purged. tones

Then it would have been mission accomplished for the neo-cons.

Kludge
08-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I have spent the last three hours searching, saving and categorizing fail pictures.

After this, the next bump and all thereafter are going to be followed by a picture of fail.

New York For Paul
08-21-2008, 08:33 PM

This battle in the Republican Party has been going on for fifty years. During the Reagan years and Nixon years it was Pat Buchanan verses the neocons.

Some years the neocons do better than other years. The low hanging fruit or voters who might support Ron Paul's positions are in the Republican Party, so you might be better off trying to capture leadership positions in that party.

nate895
08-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Then it would have been mission accomplished for the neo-cons.

They have already achieved that goal in our local area. They have a grip on the GOP leadership, and it is entrenched well beyond the point of removal. Admittedly, if we were to remove, it would give us a much better position to move forward with. Doing what we are trying to do is like trying to remove an enemy from a hill by becoming officers in the enemy's army. Not exactly an easy way to take a hill, IMO. I say we should go off and skip this hill and go straight for the country beyond.

JK/SEA
08-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Whats up with the boat pics?

You should post those in OFF TOPICS.

revolutionary8
08-21-2008, 10:48 PM

And go WHERE? Campaigning for ROOT? :rolleyes:
I am not a Libertarian. I am a REPUBLICAN. I am not going to roll over and submit.
I think you are warping the issue, where did Don say "MUST SUPPORT McCain"?
FFS, Ron Paul won't even endorse McCain!
Absorbed? what in the world are you talking about? Let me guess- you aren't a Republican, you are a Libertarian...

One of the BIGGEST set backs RP has faced this political season is the MSM and EVERYBODY ELSE calling him a LIBERTARIAN.
Geezus. the staffers do their best to separate themselves from ________ and _________, but the most damaging so far has been the association with the Libertarians!

revolutionary8
08-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I just wish people in the CFL would realize that there is a lot of mistrust and bad blood between the grassroots and former campaign staff. We can move on, but it's going to take both sides doing better than what I see here in this thread to accomplish anything positive.

No we don't need the forms to be dominated by the CFL staff defending themselves against charges from the grassroots...

No we don't need the grassroots constantly bombarding the CFL staff with charges of abuse...

No we don't need the CFL staff to be guilty in any way of anything that could be construed as abuse...

I really wish we could move on, but it's going to take the CFL staff earning the respect of the grassroots in order to accomplish that. The staff (with the exception of a few) is not known among the grassroots as very hardworking or talented. I think you all have to prove us wrong by showing that this is not the case. This can be accomplished by showing us that you have a concrete plan in action to help us win over the minds of the American people before the elections in 2012. If you don't have that plan, you should be willing to listen to plans from the grassroots and execute them. If you're not willing to do this, then we all fail miserably. I fear this outcome, and you should too. If you don't, then you should find a new line of work because you will not be driven to succeed without the realization of where we are as a nation and the fear of what is to come.

In my opinion, the grassroots should continue to keep the staff honest, but we should not cause a public spectacle... it only divides us further. If you're at the point that you think you have to call someone out in public, please hang on to that until we give the CFL staff a chance to prove themselves. Instead please work on your plan to win over the minds of the American people before the next elections. Please think constructive thoughts!

Matt
+1776

I am wracking my tongue doing my best to keep quiet so as not to cause too much of a havoc, while at the same time, I feel like things MUST be said so the bridges may be gapped.
Those who seem to have the "political mindset" IMO, are coming from the other side of the field from those who are not. We might be on the same team of ***ALL STARS***, but scrimmages are absolutely necessary in order to determine the first string on both offense and defense. As far as I have seen, the majority of those with the "political mindset" have failed us miserably- and for years upon years upon years....
Wake up politicos:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/baulbo/shipment_of_chicken_fail.jpg

Time to bring in some of the grass for back up? I can think of plenty of people around here who would lap the polticos- and Bolt style. :D

PatriotOne
08-21-2008, 11:10 PM
No one's asking you to endorse McCain, I sure would never vote or support him, and neither would Dr. Paul. However, there are some great candidates down ticket that I can support without compromising my principles.

Phew. I was about to have a heart attack at even the suggestion of it. I just could not wrap my head around compromising ourselves to that degree.

Thanks for chiming in on the Lew subject. It is not a compromise, it is a victory to celebrate. Some who are locked and loaded for bear right now are aiming at the wrong people :p

Maureen McMahan Moore
08-24-2008, 11:43 AM

... in friends. Amazing and glorious people the likes I would have never known existed without the campaign bringing them all together. Having the opportunity to help the campaign here was the highest honor I have ever had and I was continually in awe of every volunteer and field person. What amazing folks. Wondrous. They all make the American future we are fighting for look possible.

Most people don't understand that Kent, Lew, myself and others put all the campaign expenses on our personal credit cards and were reimbursed later. Sometimes racking charges over $20,000 per week. Those were the large payouts that show up on the FEC.

And I know I am not the only one, and in fact I know many personally, who either lost or passed up close to six figures of income over the past 18 months. And we wouldn't have had it any other way.

lynnf
08-24-2008, 12:01 PM
... in friends. Amazing and glorious people the likes I would have never known existed without the campaign bringing them all together. Having the opportunity to help the campaign here was the highest honor I have ever had and I was continually in awe of every volunteer and field person. What amazing folks. Wondrous. They all make the American future we are fighting for look possible.

Most people don't understand that Kent, Lew, myself and others put all the campaign expenses on our personal credit cards and were reimbursed later. Sometimes racking charges over $20,000 per week. Those were the large payouts that show up on the FEC.

And I know I am not the only one, and in fact I know many personally, who either lost or passed up close to six figures of income over the past 18 months. And we wouldn't have had it any other way.

thank you for your service. of course, we would have liked to have won, but i'm sure that you are in that situation also. we know that the deck was stacked against you and us. best wishes in the future.

lynn

Sandra
08-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you Maureen!

Pay no heed to some posters here. They are all of a sudden speaking against ALL those in the campaign either through deliberate divisiveness, jealousy, or bitterness and have done nothing themselves.

SLSteven
08-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Welcome to the forums Maureen!

me3
08-31-2008, 06:00 PM
What you wrote is really, really dumb.

Dr. Paul is a 100%er, McCain is not a 100%er. Are you saying Dr. Paul can't build a majority with a righteous message, and that he should compromise with someone like McCain?

Do you even understand why people are attracted to Dr. Paul and the message of liberty?

It's the same way those other pathetic :rolleyes: 100%ers, the Founders rallied a majority and defeated the greatest empire the earth had ever seen.

100%ers who don't compromise, get things done. All of their assistants and helpers who look for shortcuts and compromises, the 50%ers, are quickly forgotten by history.

You should think twice before endorsing Lew Moore's strategy and claiming it is Dr. Paul's. Because I do not believe Dr. Paul endorses what Lew Moore is doing, and this is first about Liberty and second about Dr. Paul.

Not Lew Moore, not John McCain and not yourself.

Menthol Patch
08-31-2008, 06:10 PM
If we compromise on our values we are just as bad as the neocons.

New York For Paul
09-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I am not so sure Lew has a constructive role to play.

Many Ron Paul supporters are upset by the way the campaign was handled and would like some new leadership.

So any issue where Lew's name is mentioned is going to bring up some negative vibes from the grassroots and those who interacted with him.

WRellim
09-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I am not so sure Lew has a constructive role to play.

Many Ron Paul supporters are upset by the way the campaign was handled and would like some new leadership.

So any issue where Lew's name is mentioned is going to bring up some negative vibes from the grassroots and those who interacted with him.

QFT+34,000,000

I think Lew should go back to selling Amway or Snakeoil... or whatever other con operation he was doing before.

Maybe he has a clue with that... but as far as campaigns or political organizations go, if I see Lew Moore's name (or any of half a dozen others from the so-called campaign "leadership") anywhere in the structure of an organization... that will be a BIG HUGE ALARM bell to me that (other than talk big and bilk people put of money) it will in the end achieve nothing... and I will stay as far away as possible (and will advise others to do likewise).

And as a note to Maureen, if you are charging $20K plus on your personal credit card... that is nothing to be proud of, instead it is a DEFINITE sign that the organization is being POORLY managed.

New York For Paul
09-01-2008, 12:34 PM
In a recent issue of Campaigns and Election Magazine, I saw an ad for grassroots organizing services, direct mail, lists etc and they quoted Lew Moore from the Ron Paul campaign. Lew was giving a testimonial for the services and products.

So he is still involved in the campaign world and has a much higher profile than before the Ron Paul campaign.

WRellim
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM
In a recent issue of Campaigns and Election Magazine, I saw an ad for grassroots organizing services, direct mail, lists etc and they quoted Lew Moore from the Ron Paul campaign. Lew was giving a testimonial for the services and products.

So he is still involved in the campaign world and has a much higher profile than before the Ron Paul campaign.

Well, before the campaign, he was a nobody selling diet pills (or some other oddball stuff) via a multi-level-marketing org... so in addition to a decent salary and having his (and family's) daily expenses paid for nearly a year... looks like he found a new (and bigger dollar) con game to be a part of.

And from what i can see, all the CFL is going to end up doing is to creat Yet Another set of "institutions" (aka like CATO) that can provide full-time employment with a bureaucracy underneath it. I would say we can expect a heavy focus on "subscriptions" for a variety of groups and websites and a whole host of junk like that.

What they WON'T actually end up doing is anything of value politically; i.e. NO vetting or endorsement of candidates, zero monetary support of candidates or anything like that, no advertising (other than self-centered in regard to generating more "subscriptions" or "dues-paying members" etc). It won't be so much "top-down" as it will be "inwardly-focused-on-its-own-naval" -- the end goal will be perpetuation of the organizations (and the positions, salaries, & perks).

Blech...

brandon
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Lew Moore joins the Gingrich Campaign

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2017517127_gingrichheaded_by_ron_pauls_20.html

Edward
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I was just looking at this thread, too.

brandon
02-15-2012, 04:15 PM
I was just looking at this thread, too.

Yep, top google result for "Lew Moore." figured I should add the news here.

Jeremy
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2017517127_gingrichheaded_by_ron_pauls_20.html
Traitor!

pacelli
02-15-2012, 04:18 PM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2017517127_gingrichheaded_by_ron_pauls_20.html.

haha can't wait until gangrene gingrich drops out.....

JK/SEA
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Its just a game for Lew Moore. A game and a pay check, while the country circles the drain.

Hey Lew..what do you really believe in?....
answer: whatever Lew wants.

angelatc
02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Its just a game for Lew Moore. A game and a pay check, while the country circles the drain.

Hey Lew..what do you really believe in?....
answer: whatever Lew wants.

Growing a political movement means stepping out of your comfort zone, and getting to know people across the aisle, and more importantly - letting them get to know you.

ZanZibar
02-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Well he did SUCH a good job for Ron last time around :rolleyes:

AGRP
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA